[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    That is probably the best I've heard the Tonight Show band play for a Motown song. I saw this show that night. Joe Namath was the guest host. He started dating Mary and Jean was dating Walt Frazier of the New York Knicks!

The Pearl Bailey Show. Listen to these girls cook! This aired on Mary Wilson's 27th birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    The Pearl Bailey Show. Listen to these girls cook! This aired on Mary Wilson's 27th birthday.

This never aired in the south since we had no ABC affiliate so I never saw it. The best way I liked this song is when they did it with Tom Jones, but to be honest, I have never liked this song and is among my least favorite of the Jean/Supremes recordings. From the first duet lp with the Tops I was expecting either Knock On My Door or Without The One You Love to be the first single. Was floored when this came over the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    I do believe their appearance on The cilla Black Show on the BBC in 1972 may still exist.
    The BBC wiped a lot of TOTP editions but many of the variety shows appear to have survived. I still live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I do believe their appearance on The cilla Black Show on the BBC in 1972 may still exist.
    The BBC wiped a lot of TOTP editions but many of the variety shows appear to have survived. I still live in hope.

Do you remember what song they sang on her show?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Do you remember what song they sang on her show?
    It was "Nathan jones" and one other song that I cannot recall. I was only 11 years old and only just getting into Motown but I remember being glued to the screen. I recall my friend saying the Supremes were not as good without Diana but even at that tender age I begged to disagree!