[REMOVE ADS]

Question About MP3 Recordings

So, I just got a bunch of CD's from Real Gone Music [[thanks to the fantastic sale!). Many of them are 2 albums on 1 CD. My question is this...
    When you rip the CD's to put in your MP3 player, do you put them in as each separate album or as the entire 2 for 1 CD? When I did the Marvelettes Album set, I put them in as individual albums with the mono & stereo one after the other. I think I prefer doing them that way but I'm interested in other views. What say all of you?

I use 'disc 1' and 'disc 2' designations for anthologies. Otherwise, I'd put them in as individual albums if they had two titles.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    So, I just got a bunch of CD's from Real Gone Music [[thanks to the fantastic sale!). Many of them are 2 albums on 1 CD. My question is this...
    When you rip the CD's to put in your MP3 player, do you put them in as each separate album or as the entire 2 for 1 CD? When I did the Marvelettes Album set, I put them in as individual albums with the mono & stereo one after the other. I think I prefer doing them that way but I'm interested in other views. What say all of you?
    I split them us as separate albums. Of course, when i do that, I have to re-number the second album. I also attach dedicated artwork for each album. I, of course, place each album into its own folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I use 'disc 1' and 'disc 2' designations for anthologies. Otherwise, I'd put them in as individual albums if they had two titles.
    For multi-disc sets, I also do the Disc one, Disc two...thing, and the entire things goes into a folder for that compilation/boxed set.

itunes seems to label them automatically and they are inconsistent. I am told its a big thing to rename them afterwards so I leave it. But its a nightmare trying to find disc 2, 3 etc of a multi disc set.

Those sets on the label rockhistory.co.uk are culprits

I strongly recommend a utility called Mp3tag to remove the incorrect "generic" data sometimes placed by services like iTunes. This utility also allows placing your own images for covers. Just do a web search.

I was quizing my nieces and they said, to them, 2 albums on 1 cd is just one album so it's all the same. I feel, because I grew up with each album as its own entity, that they should be split. Of course, my nieces also deal with mp3 files better than I do. I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    itunes seems to label them automatically and they are inconsistent. I am told its a big thing to rename them afterwards so I leave it. But its a nightmare trying to find disc 2, 3 etc of a multi disc set.

Those sets on the label rockhistory.co.uk are culprits
    That's why I don't use iTunes at all. In fact, I uninstalled it. It's worthless for a lot of reasons. I use Pono World, which is basically J.River, and I use a customized Foobar 2000.