[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Interview - UK Legends Live Tour!

Here she is folks..................

A great interview,thanks for postin' Marv,i wish i could be at that show.

Intelligent and charming interview. Mary has such a youthful spirit. It's wonderful to hear that after all this time she was still excited to hear a Supremes song being played at the airport. God bless her.I am so looking forward to the London Concert.

I was pleased that he asked some different types of questions. Thanks for posting Marv2

You are most welcome! I wished I could be at some of these shows in the UK.

I was very happy to hear that Mary will be doing a concert with the Detroit Symphony in the new year. That should be a very special event.

I have got my ticket for Manchester. Never seen Roberta Flack live so i am especially looking forward to that. Should be a good show.

Documentary on HBO about Roberta.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Documentary on HBO about Roberta.
    I wished A&E could have went ahead with the one they did on Mary back in 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I have got my ticket for Manchester. Never seen Roberta Flack live so i am especially looking forward to that. Should be a good show.
    Roberta is fantastic live Some interaction with the audience and talked a bit about the songs she was singing. Sounded very similar to the recordings. I am envious.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Roberta is fantastic live Some interaction with the audience and talked a bit about the songs she was singing. Sounded very similar to the recordings. I am envious.
    I've always liked her music especially the duets with Donny Hathaway.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    A great interview,thanks for postin' Marv,i wish i could be at that show.
    You very are welcome Redhot. Mary does great inteviews. She is very articulate!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Cheers guys. I am just a little worried that her age may have weakened her voice, but as Marv2 can testify we have both quite wrongly expressed similar fears about Gladys and look how wrong we were there! Roll on October!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Cheers guys. I am just a little worried that her age may have weakened her voice, but as Marv2 can testify we have both quite wrongly expressed similar fears about Gladys and look how wrong we were there! Roll on October!
    Both Gladys Knight and Mary Wilson can sing without microphones and clearly heard in the last rows of just about any concert hall. Roberta, I don't because I have seen her live or on television in quite some time now.

Most recent you tube on Roberta was pretty good and Dionne sounded a bit better than she had been sounding.

Most recent you tube on Roberta was pretty good and Dionne sounded a bit better than she had been sounding.
    I have to go check her out. Thanks Luke!

Sure Marv. Documentary on Roberta on Showtime. Quite well done as far as her music and its place in black culture.

Sure Marv. Documentary on Roberta on Showtime. Quite well done as far as her music and its place in black culture.
    A good friend of mine from high school appears in one of her videos

Cool. It's hard to believe she is almost 80!

The lead female dancer in this video for the song "Oasis" [[Yvette) went to school with me:

Some say that Mary and Roberta sound similar on certain songs. Here is my favorite of Mary's music videos......

Very cool. Great to see this video again. You sure can see how Neil Bogart felt that Mary could be his new Donna Summer. Very true per similarity to Roberta..never thought of that.

Very cool. Great to see this video again. You sure can see how Neil Bogart felt that Mary could be his new Donna Summer. Very true per similarity to Roberta..never thought of that.
    Yes Neil would have been right in my opinion. Not that it makes much of a difference, but I just learned that Roberta Flack is nearly 80 years old, God Bless her!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yes Neil would have been right in my opinion. Not that it makes much of a difference, but I just learned that Roberta Flack is nearly 80 years old, God Bless her!
    I watched an excellent documentary about Roberta on the BBC earlier this year. She was into her 30's when Clint Eastwood chose "tfteisyf"for his film "play misty for me". To be still performing at her age is quite an accomplishment . This could be the final time she plays in the UK so i intend to make the most of it. My favourite album by her is "oasis". Check it out out if you have not already done so. Apologies guys for going slightly off topic!!

Attention UK Mary fans. Mary will be appearing on "Sunday Morning Live" on BBC1 on Sun 04/10/15. Mary will be discussing her career. This is a good show and when Dionne Warwick was a guest it was an excellent and informative show. Mary will also be a guest on Craig Charles's Funk and Soul Show on BBC 6Music at 18.00 on Sat 03/10/15 where she will be discussing her life as a Supreme.

Other guest appearances could be confirmed this week. If i hear anything i will be sure to let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I have to go check her out. Thanks Luke!
    Hey Luke! Dionne sounds pretty good. I listened to a recent performance and she sounded pretty darn good.