[REMOVE ADS]

Janet Jackson: New Album & Tour

Just wanted to say that I caught Janet’s show last week and she is still a force to be reckoned with. She still sounds great and her dancing was amazing. Very entertaining show. I noticed her attire is a lot more “innocent” compared to several years ago. Not sure if her new husband may have something to do with that? I love the recent singles, “No Sleeep”, “Unbreakable” and the latest, “Burn It Up” with Missy Elliott. She also did a couple of other ballads off of the new album in the show. They were great. Looking forward to the new album. It’s produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.

Also want to add that someone brought her a bouquet of flowers and she took the time to unwrap them, smell them and voiced her thanks and appreciation. You can tell she has a genuine love for the audience, her fans, her crew and her craft.

At one point, her necklace whipped upwards into her hair and got caught. She ripped out her piece of hair in order to release her necklace and threw her hair to an audience member and didn’t miss a beat. She kept on dancing. Lol.

Thanks for the review, Carlo. I'm looking forward to seeing her in a few weeks. I'd heard that her new husband's faith required more modest clothing, all-female dancers and deletion of her standard segment where she invites a male audience member on stage.

Have a great time, Guy! Let me know what you think of the show Not surprised about all of the changes due to her husband's faith. I figured that was likely the reason. I think it's for the better though.

Janet's such a legend. Hope this new album does well.

I saw the show in Charlotte. Very good show, looking to seeing it again.

New cd dropped yesterday October 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Thanks for the review, Carlo. I'm looking forward to seeing her in a few weeks. I'd heard that her new husband's faith required more modest clothing, all-female dancers and deletion of her standard segment where she invites a male audience member on stage.
    Sounds like he's a Muslim.

I heard the new album and while it starts of pretty good, and the production blends classic R&B with contemporary sound, it's just too mellow.

Is the whole album Jam & Lewis?

The album covers are with eyes closed and eyes open. Does this determine which album has 17 tracks and which has 19 tracks?

Has anybody heard the 2 bonus tracks?

The only versions of the album that have the bonus tracks are the Target version [[eyes open, different pose) and the Japanese version [[eyes closed and open covers). Then the UK/other international markets also have the eyes closed cover, but I believe it's still 17 tracks. So confusing.

The Japanese version has 20 tracks, the two bonus tracks and a remix of No Sleeep

my 26 yr old niece just saw Janet Jackson Show in Tampa & she raved about it. She said she could tell she was not always singing but that the stage production was GREAT & her dancing was superb.

This is her best album since "The Velvet Rope". The lead single, "No Sleeeeep" took a minute to resonate, but, when it did combined with the moody video.....music starts out reminiscent of Kool & The Gang "Summer Madness" and then moves into a groove similar to "That's the Way Love Goes", it shines through sensuously. If you pre-ordered the album or reserve tix, you also a snippet of "The Great Forever" which turns out to be a grand magnificent production
    Not a single "skip that one" track on the album.
    SIDE NOTE: Since she gone indie, little annoying things like forgetting to deliver the album to AllMusic.com, when you go to rip the CD [[still the best sound..), the tracks are not listed so he have to input 19 song titles, thankfully none are long titles).
    Album sales have only gotten stronger at iTunes where it looks like it become another #1 album for her.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Is the whole album Jam & Lewis?
    Yes it is. First since 2001, really [[she had other producers starting with Damita Jo in 2004 but this is the first Janet album that is fully produced by J&L).