[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Soulster - I think it's reasonable to assume that when people first chose to join, it was with the possibility that they might want to post at some point and needed membership to do so. But whether or not they have posted since joining, or infrequently, or not at all is simply their choice. And so for me, it's not an issue that I could discuss in either a negative or positive light. Why would you want to if you respect members?

As to being able to follow your arguments, I wasn't able to follow what you called the 'logical sense' of taking issue with people for not participating and also taking issue with people who do participate--specifically, those who have recently posted new threads about people or subjects [[i.e., Supremes/Ross) that you would prefer they didn't. It's a stance that doesn't seem logical to me--in a very basic way at cross-purposes.

From what you've been saying, I sense your loss about some of the Forum's 'voices' that no longer or very rarely appear here. That's understandable. But what I think you're asking for isn't--and that is control. With a basically totally open forum that's available to anyone who wants it, I don't think the controls that you would like in place can be attained, and certainly not maintained. And if they could be, I doubt that I would look forward to this site as I currently do.

If you would like the last word in our go-round, it's yours for the taking.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 10-05-2015 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    But what I think you're asking for isn't--and that is control. With a basically totally open forum that's available to anyone who wants it, I don't think the controls that you would like in place can be attained, and certainly not maintained.
    As one who has been on many other forums, I say some of the more unsavory aspects of this forum can be curtailed. But, we heard the mods: nothing will change.

If you would like the last word in our go-round, it's yours for the taking.
    I don't need a last word. It is nice that the two of us, who often find ourselves on opposite sides of issues, can still have a civil discussion without it turning into a war.

Sorry about that guys, it shows you how behind the curve I am here. I hit "reply" beneath certain comments, believe that it would appear below them as it does on Facebook. Indeed, it does appear as though I'm having a one-way conversation with myself!

For what it's worth, I was addressing Rick, for writing that Ralph "hates" Diana Ross because he won't chop off Marv's head. I believe that what he wrote was more than a little unfair & I believe that Ralph deserves an apology from him.

I replied "Bingo" to the ones who understand that the nonsense has been a two-way street & is not just attributable to Marv. I've been here since the end of 2003 & I've seen it all & again, there's blame on both sides.

I've always believed that what someone does elsewhere, belongs kept outside of these doors & I recall a situation a few years back, when folks wanted Marv banned for something that he said on Youtube.

While I don't agree with his opinion of Diana Ross, that's his business & he has the right to feel however he wants to feel about her. But as long as he didn't bring it here, neither should anyone else have brought it here.

Having said that, I do wish that he'd simply allow the Diana Ross folks to enjoy their conversations about Diana Ross. On the other hand, I wish that they too, would stop taking their own potshots, which are not as slick, nor as veiled as they believe them to be. I've also seen Marv called out in threads in which he had made no comments whatsoever.

We call that "taunting" & if that's not a deliberate attempt to start a fire, I don't know what is. This was about 2 or 3 years ago & when I pointed that out, one of our more esteemed members came up with this whole ridiculous premise about how Marv, Ralph & myself were conspiring together, which is why to this day, I have no respect whatsoever for this former & have never addressed him since & very little before, because I don't like people who pretend to be "innocent", yet when you really look at how they try to use a velvet glove, their behavior is no better than the person who they call "troublemaker".

Then too, we've had conversations about other artists, only to have these same people impose by bringing up Diana Ross, when the thread has nothing to do with her, which is just as annoying to the rest of us, as Marv doing it to them.

Soulster, everything's alright, thank you for asking.

My mom passed away at the end of June, so, it was a bit hectic both before & after her passing.

As to what you said about entertainers visiting here, I'm sad to say that you are correct about that. I said the same thing a few years ago & the usual voices who simply want to keep behaving as they do basically shrugged it off.

Being that I'm not limited to Motown, nor any ONE specific group, I can guarantee you that I either know, or have been around literally hundreds more artists than they are & speak with them. Many of them are my friends or reasonably close acquaintances, meaning that while we may not see each other or speak on the phone often, we know one another when we see one another [[usually at shows) & we do talk.

I've always been on a Facebook crusade to try to get some of our old forumers to participate, but they are tired of having to see the same 20 year-old argument[[s), continually playing out here.

And the weird thing is that most of us who once had disagreements, have long since patched thing up. Life's just too short for that kind of nonsense. Seriously, who has time to argue with anyone for 7 or 8 years about the same thing, over & over again?

People can blame who they want to, but when they're willing participants in 7 years worth of arguments over something that's just not that serious, then that speaks far louder than any denials that they attempt to make.

Again, this isn't about justifying the behavior of anyone, Marv or otherwise. The point is that there are few innocents & both give as good as they take.

Now Ralph is a pretty perceptive guy, which is why he handles things as he does & he has the patience of a saint. But if he were to give them what they want & let's face it, Marv & others have been banished & allowed to return [[including a few on the opposite side of the fence), a few of them would be following Marv right out the door.

I said it before & I honestly believe that these arguments are less about The Supremes & more about grown folks who act like kids, loving being on center stage with assorted histrionics. Obsession of any kind doesn't strike me as being emotionally healthy, but maybe that's just me.

And a look at the archives suggests this to be true.

Soulster,

You are also correct when you speak about people not creating threads. You're quite accurate about that.

Being in N.Y., I understand if people don't care about the groups from here, But I remember creating threads about The Four Tops, only to have people downplay them because Levi was no longer in the group. Same thing with threads about The Dramatics, The Spinners, Enchantment, Carl Carlton, Bettye LaVette & other Detroit artists.

What's the point of taking the time to post a bunch of pictures, when it appears as though people just want to talk about the same 2 or 3 artists?

And even at that, some thoughtless person would feel compelled to inject negativity into the proceedings, by pointing out that "so & so isn't the same" or something to disparage the current line-up.

Funny, but you don't hear Rolling Stones fans, or fans of The Greatful Dead doing that sort of thing. But we always have had that one or 2 who'd rather discuss Aretha's weight, or who lost a bit of their upper register & other personal crap & frankly, it does get tiring.

Which is why I find it ridiculous when some of these same folks who inject negativity into discussions of other artists, get so beside themselves if someone suggests that they didn't like "Bad Weather" or some other song sung by Diana Ross & The Supremes.

I like a lot of groups & artists & I can honestly tell you that to my ears, even Sam Cooke & Jackie Wilson hit a few pop-ups in their day & James Brown was my favorite & I can freely admit that he had more than his share of clunkers.

So again, your remarks are on point, as I've spoken to several folks, including many of those who were highly respected here because of what they'd accomplished in music. And they always come back to one thing...the same old people having the same old arguments & snarky remarks, who have no tolerance for anyone who doesn't love their favorite artist[[s), as much as they do.

And that's the sentiment spoken to me by artists & family members right there in Detroit.

Which won't stop even one of the participants from behaving as they do.

It won't because the reality is that they seem to believe that they're bigger than this forum & in fact, we should be happy that they bother to grace us with the same old discussions about the beads on the gown shown on whatever LP cover & that we're allowed to watch them beat the hell out of one another on this forum.

If they truly cared about THIS forum as they claim that they do, then there's no way in hell that after returning here after what's been pretty much a two-year absence, I'd be seeing the same old fights involving the same old names.

That speaks volumes more than anything that anyone could possibly say.

Ralph & all of the rest of you deserve better than this.

Juice, I miss your great photos man.

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    Soulster,

You are also correct when you speak about people not creating threads. You're quite accurate about that.
    Juice, thank you for being one of the very few around here who understand where i'm coming from, and also see exactly what I see on this forum.

Some of that bunch of members want Marv banned here because he has an opinion on Diana Ross, and allegedly said something about gays on a YouTube video years ago. Well, he didn't do it here, and he is entitled to his opinion about any artist he wants to comment on. That is not against the forum rules. If I say that I can't stand Ross as a person, and think several of her Motown albums are terrible, I have that right to say it. I did not break any rules, and the Ross brigade will just have to deal with it. After all, I didn't say it about any members. If I had that would be against the forum rules. But, they do that all the time to Marv, and I see it all the time.

So, why does the Ross Brigade keep bringing up Marv? I was told by someone here that these Ross fans brought in reinforcements to try to rid this place of Marv by taunting him. I was told that since Ralph won't ban Marv, that their plan was to ruin this place and force Ralph into shutting this place down by posting endless Diana Ross threads and posts. I am seriously starting to believe this from what i've seen for years.

You also mentioned artists. I mentioned producers and recording engineers. They just aren't here anymore because of this Ross mess. Tom Moulton, Bob Olhsson, Harry Weinger...where are they? They don't want to deal with that mess. Russ Terrana, Ralph's twin brother, probably doesn't even want to step foot in here.
    Last edited by soulster; 10-07-2015 at 12:43 PM. Reason: fixed typo for clarity

I hadn't thought of it, soulster, but I definitely see a pattern! It hit me a few years ago, but now I can see some fans [[well stans, really, I'm a fan of Diana, not a stan lol) that would give "hints" in their Diana threads. It stands out like a sore thumb because whenever Marv makes his posts, he don't "go there" so to speak, he keeps it on topic. When he talks about Mary or the other Supremes, he don't bring up Diana unless the stans come... that's when I realized it was a bigger issue than Marv saying anything negative towards Diana... it wasn't Marv that drove that many members out of here...

Hi Juice, thanks for the explanation! I was a little confused, but you have cleared it up. I agree with your comments 100% & I think that Ralph is doing a whiz-bang job as moderator!

Yup, it looks like that is their real motivation, to disrupt this place to punish Ralph for not getting rid of Marv, and it's working. Another member said that he has a new forum for the Ross fans so they don't have to post here, but, they are still here. Why? Marv?

Soulster,
    Thanks for giving me something to think about. I'll keep an eye out. If I see something funny I'll just zap it. I will not let a few idiots come on and try and ruin this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I hadn't thought of it, soulster, but I definitely see a pattern! It hit me a few years ago, but now I can see some fans [[well stans, really, I'm a fan of Diana, not a stan lol) that would give "hints" in their Diana threads. It stands out like a sore thumb because whenever Marv makes his posts, he don't "go there" so to speak, he keeps it on topic. When he talks about Mary or the other Supremes, he don't bring up Diana unless the stans come... that's when I realized it was a bigger issue than Marv saying anything negative towards Diana... it wasn't Marv that drove that many members out of here...
    Yes, it's about slandering gays. This has nothing to do with Diana Ross or Mary Wilson. That's just a proxy for the real reason. It's all about what Marv allegedly said in a YouTube video about gays, a video they say he has long since deleted. The Ross fans have made numerous references to this over the years, and I suspect the reason no one else addresses this is because they don't want to be seen as homophobic.

I only meant to present a possible solution with offering a link to my forum. I would like to see a forum, where people can discuss D.R./The Supremes without the amount of hatred that has appeared here. There was another forum that went south, and it no longer exists. It was called Diana Web or something like that. If anyone is interested, you can PM me.

Hey Marv,

How have you been? Thanks for the kind words.

As I've said, Soulful Detroit is never far from my heart & mind, but due to my mother's health & taking care of my sister, I had to scale back on running to show, as mom came first. So there wasn't much to post that would be of interest here, as most of the group that I was covering were local here in the N.Y. area.

But the last time that I did come here to post pictures of Blue Lovett's Memorial, there was a bit of a misunderstanding & rather than respond to what was posted, knowing that my patience was very short, I simply said, forget it & just left it at that.

Another things was that since the last overhaul, it was harder to post pictures as we once did. It seemed as though there was a limit to the number of pictures that you could upload & I tend to upload a lot of pictures.

But my plan is to come back & post pictures of events. It actually bugs me to have to post pictures to Facebook. While it has its good points, it's just not Soulful Detroit.

Personally, no one's really gotten under my skin enough to use the "ignore" button, when I can use some self control & simply ignore a post that I'm not to crazy about.

I'll continue to try to recruit music fans, both old & new to come here. If more of them come here to discuss music, that can counteract the few problems that we do have.

Either way, I believe that it's worth a try, which is why despite anything or anyone, I refuse to say anything disparaging about this place, where no matter how far I go, will always be a place that I consider to be home.

Hey Marv,

How have you been? Thanks for the kind words.

As I've said, Soulful Detroit is never far from my heart & mind, but due to my mother's health & taking care of my sister, I had to scale back on running to show, as mom came first. So there wasn't much to post that would be of interest here, as most of the group that I was covering were local here in the N.Y. area.

But the last time that I did come here to post pictures of Blue Lovett's Memorial, there was a bit of a misunderstanding & rather than respond to what was posted, knowing that my patience was very short, I simply said, forget it & just left it at that.

Another things was that since the last overhaul, it was harder to post pictures as we once did. It seemed as though there was a limit to the number of pictures that you could upload & I tend to upload a lot of pictures.

But my plan is to come back & post pictures of events. It actually bugs me to have to post pictures to Facebook. While it has its good points, it's just not Soulful Detroit.

Personally, no one's really gotten under my skin enough to use the "ignore" button, when I can use some self control & simply ignore a post that I'm not to crazy about.

I'll continue to try to recruit music fans, both old & new to come here. If more of them come here to discuss music, that can counteract the few problems that we do have.

Either way, I believe that it's worth a try, which is why despite anything or anyone, I refuse to say anything disparaging about this place, where no matter how far I go, will always be a place that I consider to be home.
    Well I really do miss your pictures and postings here. I will be in Detroit tomorrow for Al Abrams funeral [[don't know about any pictures yet). You are big part of this forum and I hope you stay around more. I do however understand about family concerns.

Soulster,

As far as trying to destroy THIS forum, you're 100% correct about that & actually, it was once brazenly stated.

And all of this indeed stems from crap that happened outside of Soulful Detroit, but it was dragged here. All that anyone really needs to know about this, is the fact that people went as far as posting people's government names [[which is a definite no-no) & trying to e-mail forumers viruses. And that was done RIGHT HERE. Anyone remember any of that?

And the same nonsense that happens here led to that Motown Group being shut down.

And despite suddenly having nowhere to go, Ralph & Lowell supplied them a home here & one would think that people would appreciate that, wouldn't one?

And as evidenced here far too many times, you'd be dead wrong, as there's no appreciation for the gesture made by Ralph & Lowell.

What you DO see, are the same arguments, the same throwing of rocks while hiding one's hands & worst of all, insults being tossed Ralph's way because he won't ban Marv for doing the exact same crap that they've been doing. It's kinda like a "hit-dog holler" type of thing & most disappointing, are the so called "sane" voices of the forum who have done this. And I call out no names, as the archives speak with more authority than I do.

And back then & I won't call out anyone's name, the idea was that either Marv goes, or this forum goes.

And when you think about it, whenever we've had a former who didn't march lockstep with the thoughts of some, or even challenged some, there has always been a faction who'd announce that either "so & so goes, or I go", which isn't exactly the kind of behavior that one would expect from people who claim to "love" this forum.

Frankly, all that I see are a bunch of adults, who operating NOT out of love for any particular artist, but more out of self-interest & truthfully, believing that THEY are the stars, who are more than happy to engage in & start arguments, where no arguments exist. And like the kid in school who'd taunt & incite other kids, then hide behind the dean & fire is returned.

That's really what's going on here & think about this too...some of the very same people complaining about Marv, are some of the very same people who tried to give people computer viruses & other nasty little things such as that.

So when you think about it, how can anyone who'd do things such as that, ever try to prop themselves up as "innocents".

Sorry, but it just doesn't pass the sniff test.

Again, do I wish that Marv wouldn't respond & say nasty shit about Diana Ross? You betcha I do. But on the other hand, I also wish that they'd put away their daggers which are always aimed at Mary Wilson because she wrote a book that upset Diana Ross fans [[as though they were roadies with the group & really knew what went on behind the scenes) & because Mary doesn't like her.

This is some crap that my 5 year-old grandson doesn't even do & the idea that a 5 year-old is infinitely more mature than a group of 40-60 year-old guys should give everyone cause to pause.

But we know that's not going to happen. And they're saved due to the fact that Motown & The Supremes are a big part of musical history & therefore belong on a Soul Music forum based in Detroit. So eliminating that section is unthinkable.

And they know it, which is why they continue to act like they do because the evidence suggests that they believe themselves to be bigger than the moderator, bigger than other members & definitely bigger than this forum.

Because if they didn't, they could never continue to act they way that they do. Seriously, for 6 or 7 years & counting?

That says a lot & nothing good at all. And shame on the "legitimate" people who subscribe to the madness, calling for the head of one person, while never calling out their buddies who've been doing the same damn thing for years. But Ralph is the one who's wrong.

I don't think so.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 10-07-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koach View Post
    I only meant to present a possible solution with offering a link to my forum. I would like to see a forum, where people can discuss D.R./The Supremes without the amount of hatred that has appeared here. There was another forum that went south, and it no longer exists. It was called Diana Web or something like that. If anyone is interested, you can PM me.
    Koach, no harm, no foul. But sadly, were that to be the case, unless you refuse to admit people whom they don't like, the results will be similar.

Which is why the former Motown Group is no longer in existence.

Sadly, hate seems to last longer than love.

Soulster,

As far as trying to destroy THIS forum, you're 100% correct about that & actually, it was once brazenly stated.

And all of this indeed stems from crap that happened outside of Soulful Detroit & all that anyone really needs to know about this, is the fact that people went as far as posting people government names [[which is a definite no-no) & the same nonsense that happens here led to that Motown Group being shut down.

And despite suddenly having nowhere to go, Ralph & Lowell supplied them a home here & one would think that people would appreciate that, wouldn't one?

And as evidenced here far too many times, you'd be dead wrong, as there's no appreciation for the gesture made by Ralph & Lowell.

What you DO see, are the same arguments, the same throwing of rocks while hiding one's hands & worst of all, insults being tossed Ralph's way because he won't ban Marv for doing the exact same crap that they've been doing. It's kinda like a "hit-dog holler" type of thing & most disappointing, are the so called "sane" voices of the forum who have done this. And I call out no names, as the archives speak with more authority than I do.

And back then & I won't call out anyone's name, the idea was that either Marv goes, or this forum goes.

And when you think about it, whenever we've had a former who didn't march lockstep with the thoughts of some, or even challenged some, there has always been a faction who'd announce that either "so & so goes, or I go", which isn't exactly the kind of behavior that one would expect from people who claim to "love" this forum.

Frankly, all that I see are a bunch of adults, who operating NOT out of love for any particular artist, but more out of self-interest & truthfully, believing that THEY are the stars, who are more than happy to engage in & start arguments, where no arguments exist. And like the kid in school who'd taunt & incite other kids, then hide behind the dean & fire is returned.

That's really what's going on here & think about this too...some of the very same people complaining about Marv, are some of the very same people who tried to give people computer viruses & other nasty little things such as that.

So when you think about it, how can anyone who'd do things such as that, ever try to prop themselves up as "innocents".

Sorry, but it just doesn't pass the sniff test.

Again, do I wish that Marv wouldn't respond & say nasty shit about Diana Ross? You betcha I do. But on the other hand, I also wish that they'd put away their daggers which are always aimed at Mary Wilson because she wrote a book that upset Diana Ross fans [[as though they were roadies with the group & really knew what went on behind the scenes) & because Mary doesn't like her.

This is some crap that my 5 year-old grandson doesn't even do & the idea that a 5 year-old is infinitely more mature than a group of 40-60 year-old guys should give everyone cause to pause.

But we know that's not going to happen. And they're saved due to the fact that Motown & The Supremes are a big part of musical history & therefore belong on a Soul Music forum based in Detroit. So eliminating that section is unthinkable.

And they know it, which is why they continue to act like they do because the evidence suggests that they believe themselves to be bigger than the moderator, bigger than other members & definitely bigger than this forum.

Because if they didn't, they could never continue to act they way that they do. Seriously, for 6 or 7 years & counting?

That says a lot & nothing good at all. And shame on the "legitimate" people who subscribe to the madness, calling for the head of one person, while never calling out their buddies who've been doing the same damn thing for years. But Ralph is the one who's wrong.

I don't think so.
    Soulster is 1000% correct. They use to post about their intentions to disrupt Soulful Detroit on another website.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Juice, thank you for being one of the very few around here who understand where i'm coming from, and also see exactly what I see on this forum.

Some of that bunch of members want Marv banned here because he has an opinion on Diana Ross, and allegedly said something about gays on a YouTube video years ago. Well, he didn't do it here, and he is entitled to his opinion about any artist he wants to comment on. That is not against the forum rules. If I say that I can't stand Ross as a person, and think several of her Motown albums are terrible, I have that right to say it. I did not break any rules, and the Ross brigade will just have to deal with it. After all, I didn't say it about any members. If I had that would be against the forum rules. But, they do that all the time to Marv, and I see it all the time.

So, why does the Ross Brigade keep bringing up Marv? I was told by someone here that these Ross fans brought in reinforcements to try to rid this place of Marv by taunting him. I was told that since Ralph won't ban Marv, that their plan was to ruin this place and force Ralph into shutting this place down by posting endless Diana Ross threads and posts. I am seriously starting to believe this from what i've seen for years.

You also mentioned artists. I mentioned producers and recording engineers. They just aren't here anymore because of this Ross mess. Tom Moulton, Bob Olhsson, Harry Weinger...where are they? They don't want to deal with that mess. Russ Terrana, Ralph's twin brother, probably doesn't even want to step foot in here.
    Soulster, I was here before the Motown section was created. And yes, we had a few firestorm, but none of them continued for more than 5 years, such as what we're seeing in the Motown section.

And the truth is that even then, there were fires in that section since day one & the problems began long before there was a Soulful Detroit.

Most of us would have arguments & truthfully, one of them stemmed from a situation which simply got a little out of hand & snowballed once people began taking sides. Had the original people remained the only ones involved, it would've never regressed as it did, something which most involved regret to this day.

Over the years, I've run into many of those involved & everyone had told me that they were sorry about what happened & that things just spiraled out of control. And for the record, I never approached them, they approached me.

But yes, they are trying to undermine Ralph because he won't give them what they want & Ralph is correct in doing so. If Ralph caves in to guys who are doing the same thing that they accuse others of doing, then what happens the next time that they have a falling out or disagreement with another person?

I had my differences with Ralph's predecessor, but I never called for him to be removed, nor threaten to leave & tell people how bad this forum is because one person has never made this forum what it was & is. Sorry, but that's a bullshit move.

If I'm no longer comfortable somewhere, I'm not going to grandstand as though the forum will collapse if I leave. I'm not going to make any grand announcement by playing to the peanut gallery. If it's that damned bad, I just won't come back. It's just not that serious.

But if you look back to about 3 or 4 years ago & check the archives, you can see a few hints regarding what you've surmised. And whether anyone will admit it or not, you're closer to the truth than is comfortable for anyone to consider.

Which doesn't change the accuracy of your point.

Which means that you should be very careful about what links you click on & beware of links bearing pictures or audiophile literature.

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    Hi Juice, thanks for the explanation! I was a little confused, but you have cleared it up. I agree with your comments 100% & I think that Ralph is doing a whiz-bang job as moderator!
    It seems as though no matter what Ralph does, he catches hell & that's not fair.

Why in the world are one group of adults running to another adult who happens to be our moderator, expecting him to clean up shit that some of them are responsible for creating?

It's one thing to be a fan, but an even better question would be, why are a group of men, having nothing invested but their memories, becoming so damned incensed over what could be considered to be even the slightest of insults, over any of this?

And to illustrate that this isn't about any ONE individual, on a couple of occasions in the past, I've seen a few forumers have the nerve to say that they didn't like a certain song by Diana Ross & The Supremes, or that perhaps that all of the songs on EVERY album wasn't a knockout, only to see her fans begin going after the person for voicing that opinion & becoming quite nasty while doing so.

Understand, these were Supremes fans who simply pointed out that every song that they made weren't Platinum-bound & these same folks attacking one person, became incensed & began attacking the person[[s) who were realistic enough to realize that NO ONE bats 1000%, not Streisand, not Aretha, not The Beatles, not even Sam Cooke or Jackie Wilson.

But of course, that's heresy & tantamount to molesting the helpless family pooch to some.

And so...the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.

Another thing to consider is the fact that while becoming so incensed over any remarks deemed to be less than flattering about specific artists or groups, some of the same folks complaining have never been to shy to make disparaging remarks about OTHER artists.

I've seen some of these very same people making nasty remarks about other artists teeth, their weight, their voices, you name it.

Which is what makes all of this "Marv & The Marvettes" bullshit smack of some serious hypocrisy.

Now here's a question for every former who cares to answer...

How many of these people can say that they love this forum & are thankful enough that a special forum was created for THEM, to stop the bullshit for even 2 months, much less 2 minutes?

Does their behavior reflect any kind of love for anything other than themselves & their selfish bullshit?

The archive record suggests otherwise.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 10-07-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Great posts juice.

Soulster, I was here before the Motown section was created. And yes, we had a few firestorm, but none of them continued for more than 5 years, such as what we're seeing in the Motown section.

And the truth is that even then, there were fires in that section since day one & the problems began long before there was a Soulful Detroit.

Most of us would have arguments & truthfully, one of them stemmed from a situation which simply got a little out of hand & snowballed once people began taking sides. Had the original people remained the only ones involved, it would've never regressed as it did, something which most involved regret to this day.

Over the years, I've run into many of those involved & everyone had told me that they were sorry about what happened & that things just spiraled out of control. And for the record, I never approached them, they approached me.

But yes, they are trying to undermine Ralph because he won't give them what they want & Ralph is correct in doing so. If Ralph caves in to guys who are doing the same thing that they accuse others of doing, then what happens the next time that they have a falling out or disagreement with another person?

I had my differences with Ralph's predecessor, but I never called for him to be removed, nor threaten to leave & tell people how bad this forum is because one person has never made this forum what it was & is. Sorry, but that's a bullshit move.

If I'm no longer comfortable somewhere, I'm not going to grandstand as though the forum will collapse if I leave. I'm not going to make any grand announcement by playing to the peanut gallery. If it's that damned bad, I just won't come back. It's just not that serious.

But if you look back to about 3 or 4 years ago & check the archives, you can see a few hints regarding what you've surmised. And whether anyone will admit it or not, you're closer to the truth than is comfortable for anyone to consider.

Which doesn't change the accuracy of your point.

Which means that you should be very careful about what links you click on & beware of links bearing pictures or audiophile literature.
    I'm good. I have lots of protection on my computer. I run a clean machine, and know how to deal with issues that come up. Not only am I an audiophile, i'm a computer geek. But, thanks for the warnings. I'll probably run this place in a sandbox now.

My problem on this forum had to do with Miss M. One day she just went off on me and I fed it back to her in spades. Oh yeah, the forum oldtimers took her side, probably without even realizing what she had done. She's gone now. Oh well. Maybe she thought I was one of these Ross fanatics. If that's the case, she was dead wrong.

The other thing about me is that i'm not afraid to call it like I see it. Most of the old-timers just clam up and hide until they think it's over. But, nothing will ever change unless some stiff action is taken when these guys get out of hand.

And, yes, Marv needs to stop responding to them.These people are going to get their revenge any way they can, and if they can't get to Marv, it will become very, very clear what their intentions are.

Now, for those of you who are true Ross fans here, and aren't part of this anti-Marv and anti-Ralph crusade, it is your duty to call these people out that are giving you a bad name, because, right now, your names are pretty bad.

Oh, and the "Touch me In The Morning" album stinks. Come and get me!
    Last edited by soulster; 10-08-2015 at 03:58 AM.

......and yes, Marv needs to stop responding to [the Ross fanatics]. These people are going to get their revenge any way they can, and if they can't get to Marv, it will become very, very clear what their intentions are.

Now, for those of you who are true Ross fans here, and aren't part of this anti-Marv and anti-Ralph crusade, it is your duty to call these people out that are giving you a bad name, because, right now, your names are pretty bad.

Oh, and the "Touch me In The Morning" album stinks. Come and get me!
    Perhaps the Ross fans are getting a bad rap here. I am a Supremes fan. Their music has brought me lots of joy and I have continued to love them through all their changes in the seventies. I like each member but am a fanatic for none. I don't like to see any of the individual members bad mouthed. To not like Diana's Touch Me is not offensive. You are talking about the music. But to call Diana a whore, or Mary a slut because of who they sleep with is kind of tacky. That is what should be stopped. And bringing Diana into unrelated threads just to bash her should be stopped. A Ross fan would not do that. I think that is what starts the trouble here and then the Ross fans do come in and the thread explodes in chaos.

There is a very nice thread running right now about Mary Wilson. It is going fine and it is not being attacked by any Ross Fans.

Any Ross or Wilson fan had to originally be a Supremes fan. I could never understand how any Supremes fan could attack any member of the group.

And let me say a word about Marv. When we are in other non Supremes related threads, I enjoy communicating with him.

There is a current non-related Supremes thread running where a Motown artist is interviewed and confirms a Supremes/Diana incident that happened half a century ago and has been discussed here many times. [[Sometimes not so nicely). Marv was already in that thread and could have said something like "See, I told you". But he didn't . He showed restraint. It seems that under the current situation everyone is showing restraint. Let's hope it continues and that that non Supremes related thread survives.

I hope we can all show restraint. And as that Motown artist said in the interview where Marv and others showed restraint, "We all have to grow up"

Ok, I am going to get in the mix.

How much longer is this thread going to "beat a dead horse?" The more one picks at a wound, the more infected it gets.

I love this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Perhaps the Ross fans are getting a bad rap here. I am a Supremes fan. Their music has brought me lots of joy and I have continued to love them through all their changes in the seventies. I like each member but am a fanatic for none. I don't like to see any of the individual members bad mouthed. To not like Diana's Touch Me is not offensive. You are talking about the music. But to call Diana a whore, or Mary a slut because of who they sleep with is kind of tacky. That is what should be stopped. And bringing Diana into unrelated threads just to bash her should be stopped. A Ross fan would not do that. I think that is what starts the trouble here and then the Ross fans do come in and the thread explodes in chaos.

There is a very nice thread running right now about Mary Wilson. It is going fine and it is not being attacked by any Ross Fans.

Any Ross or Wilson fan had to originally be a Supremes fan. I could never understand how any Supremes fan could attack any member of the group.

And let me say a word about Marv. When we are in other non Supremes related threads, I enjoy communicating with him.

There is a current non-related Supremes thread running where a Motown artist is interviewed and confirms a Supremes/Diana incident that happened half a century ago and has been discussed here many times. [[Sometimes not so nicely). Marv was already in that thread and could have said something like "See, I told you". But he didn't . He showed restraint. It seems that under the current situation everyone is showing restraint. Let's hope it continues and that that non Supremes related thread survives.

I hope we can all show restraint. And as that Motown artist said in the interview where Marv and others showed restraint, "We all have to grow up"
    What an excellent post Milven. It looks like things are finally calming down and we can all hopefully get back to discussing the music here. Most other things are irrelevant in my and I suspect most other peoples opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Perhaps the Ross fans are getting a bad rap here. I am a Supremes fan. Their music has brought me lots of joy and I have continued to love them through all their changes in the seventies. I like each member but am a fanatic for none.
    I can't think of anyone over 40 years of age that doesn't like at least some of their music, at least the music made during the 60s. And, most people I know like some of Ross's solo stuff. I never heard any Mary Wilson solo stuff, so I can't comment on that.

I don't like to see any of the individual members bad mouthed.
    No one likes to see their favorite artists bad-mouthed, but, you know what? That's life. People are all different and have different opinions. There are people who don't like my favorites. I think I sleep at night just fine. If someone doesn't like Diana Ross, or Mary Wilson, or any of the Supremes, so what? The works will keep turning. Puppies will keep crapping.

But to call Diana a whore, or Mary a slut because of who they sleep with is kind of tacky.
    It's juvenile, and shouldn't be allowed if they said those exact words, or something close to it on this forum. And, if someone said it on this forum, you'll have to give me a link to it. If anyone did, they were probably just trying to get a rise out of someone. Remember what I posted earlier: Ross and Wilson are only being used as a proxy for something else.

That is what should be stopped. And bringing Diana into unrelated threads just to bash her should be stopped.
    Anyone bringing anything about Ross into a thread that isn't about her just to annoy and disrupt the forum should be stopped. Setting up bait and switch threads [[threads that are really about the Supremes, Ross, or any other Supremes member, but not labeled as such) should be stopped, too.

A Ross fan would not do that.
    Well, then, it is the responsibility of the true Ross fans, and the lovers of this forum to call out these anarchists. I am not the only one who sees that they are trying to ruin this forum because Ralph won't get rid of Marv. And, it really isn't because of something he may have said about a singer. I can't believe anyone would get that worked up over a singer. They might get worked up over something he may have said about a group of people, though. And, even if he did, it wasn't here, and it was eons ago. Why bring that mess here and ruin it for everyone else who have no dog in the fight?

I think that is what starts the trouble here and then the Ross fans do come in and the thread explodes in chaos.
    Well, Ralph said he is keeping a close eye on the Ross fanaticals from here on out. I'm taking note of the otherwise active members who have been suspiciously silent on the issue, or not posting since this thread went up. Man, Diana Ross and Mary Wilson wouldn't claim these anti-Marv people as fans, and would probably request a restraining order against anyone of them who would attempt to contact them.

Nor should it be. The only time I do post a smart-ass remark in a thread about a Supreme member is when I see how ridiculous it is. Diana Ross pregnant? Please! And, that thread was started by a guy who isn't even part of the Supremes/Ross circus.

There are people who are Ross solo fans but not Supremes fans, and vice versa. Some people don't like light, schmaltzy music, and some don't like that classic Motown sound. So what?

Same here. He has a broad range of interests, which I wish more people on this forum did.

Why just mention Marv, if we are going to mention anyone? And the one I see being the chief instigator of problems has at least one other "personality" here. Why dual membership is allowed, I don't know, unless that person is using two different locations to post from. And, I can tell who it is because they both use the exact same writing style, and make the same type of typos. Even when they fake it, I can tell. Marv and Roberta 75 will constantly go at it in any of those problem threads.

The thread may survive, but, after this latest protest blows over, and this thread is removed, it will be back to business as usual, with the baiting, trolling, and thread removals, and nothing will be done to the perps. Then, Ralph will be away doing some personal stuff, and that's when the kids will play. It happens every time he goes on a vacation or takes care of business.

That time to edit your posts is something like three days. I think it should be a half an hour, plenty of time to take back anything you posted. Of course, of someone immediately quotes the offender, they can't take it back. So, cutting down the editing time will make everyone think before they post.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Ok, I am going to get in the mix.

How much longer is this thread going to "beat a dead horse?"
    Until everyone has their say and something changes, or it gets removed.

I can't think of anyone over 40 years of age that doesn't like at least some of their music, at least the music made during the 60s. And, most people I know like some of Ross's solo stuff. I never heard any Mary Wilson solo stuff, so I can't comment on that.

No one likes to see their favorite artists bad-mouthed, but, you know what? That's life. People are all different and have different opinions. There are people who don't like my favorites. I think I sleep at night just fine. If someone doesn't like Diana Ross, or Mary Wilson, or any of the Supremes, so what? The works will keep turning. Puppies will keep crapping.

It's juvenile, and shouldn't be allowed if they said those exact words, or something close to it on this forum. And, if someone said it on this forum, you'll have to give me a link to it. If anyone did, they were probably just trying to get a rise out of someone. Remember what I posted earlier: Ross and Wilson are only being used as a proxy for something else.

Anyone bringing anything about Ross into a thread that isn't about her just to annoy and disrupt the forum should be stopped. Setting up bait and switch threads [[threads that are really about the Supremes, Ross, or any other Supremes member, but not labeled as such) should be stopped, too.

Well, then, it is the responsibility of the true Ross fans, and the lovers of this forum to call out these anarchists. I am not the only one who sees that they are trying to ruin this forum because Ralph won't get rid of Marv. And, it really isn't because of something he may have said about a singer. I can't believe anyone would get that worked up over a singer. They might get worked up over something he may have said about a group of people, though. And, even if he did, it wasn't here, and it was eons ago. Why bring that mess here and ruin it for everyone else who have no dog in the fight?

Well, Ralph said he is keeping a close eye on the Ross fanaticals from here on out. I'm taking note of the otherwise active members who have been suspiciously silent on the issue, or not posting since this thread went up. Man, Diana Ross and Mary Wilson wouldn't claim these anti-Marv people as fans, and would probably request a restraining order against anyone of them who would attempt to contact them.

Nor should it be. The only time I do post a smart-ass remark in a thread about a Supreme member is when I see how ridiculous it is. Diana Ross pregnant? Please! And, that thread was started by a guy who isn't even part of the Supremes/Ross circus.

There are people who are Ross solo fans but not Supremes fans, and vice versa. Some people don't like light, schmaltzy music, and some don't like that classic Motown sound. So what?

Same here. He has a broad range of interests, which I wish more people on this forum did.

Why just mention Marv, if we are going to mention anyone? And the one I see being the chief instigator of problems has at least one other "personality" here. Why dual membership is allowed, I don't know, unless that person is using two different locations to post from. And, I can tell who it is because they both use the exact same writing style, and make the same type of typos. Even when they fake it, I can tell. Marv and Roberta 75 will constantly go at it in any of those problem threads.

The thread may survive, but, after this latest protest blows over, and this thread is removed, it will be back to business as usual, with the baiting, trolling, and thread removals, and nothing will be done to the perps. Then, Ralph will be away doing some personal stuff, and that's when the kids will play. It happens every time he goes on a vacation or takes care of business.

That time to edit your posts is something like three days. I think it should be a half an hour, plenty of time to take back anything you posted. Of course, of someone immediately quotes the offender, they can't take it back. So, cutting down the editing time will make everyone think before they post.
    This is the 3rd tim Im telling you this and I am being real polite about it . I have no intention of going at it with marv. Im done with him and hes blocked so please leave my name out of this.

thank you.

Roberta

Soulster you are on point,i'v said it many times,these people post these negative things,because they know,they are gonna get a reaction,when you tell the truth about them,they look for other ways to attack you,because the truth hurts,they know you[[soulster)and Juicefree are telling the truth,i did notice,the people that keeps up,they most mess and drama,is not saying much,on this thread,i'm 100%sure,they are readin' it all,waiting for the right time,to cut in,i love Mary Wilson,but if you don't like her,to each his own,but don't,say you don't like her,but you know her whole life story,follow her on facebook,goes to her shows,can't wait to read everything about her lol,but loves to put her down,i know why these people do it,again to get a reaction,it's really sick,most people,if they don't like a artist,they don't follow them,if i don't like a artist,i couldn't tell u,anything about them.Soulster and Juicefree,again i enjoy it, when you guys post,you keep it 100
    Last edited by REDHOT; 10-08-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Respect the Supremes.

Respect the memory of Florence Ballard.

Respect Mary Wilson.

Respect Diana Ross.

Respect Cindy Birdsong.

Respect Jean Terrell.

Respect Lynda Laurence.

Respect Scherrie Payne.

Respect Susaye Greene.

Respect 'em all.

And anyone who comes in threads with absolute disrespect to any of them, STOP while you're ahead if you're that upset by them... simple as that.

Respect this forum and respect Mr. Terrana and Lowell.

And as a political anarchist, I wouldn't call these disruptors "anarchists", more like reactionaries...

The posts speak for themselves.

I agree with you midnightman,Respect

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Respect the Supremes.

Respect the memory of Florence Ballard.

Respect Mary Wilson.

Respect Diana Ross.

Respect Cindy Birdsong.

Respect Jean Terrell.

Respect Lynda Laurence.

Respect Scherrie Payne.

Respect Susaye Greene.

Respect 'em all.

And anyone who comes in threads with absolute disrespect to any of them, STOP while you're ahead if you're that upset by them... simple as that.

Respect this forum and respect Mr. Terrana and Lowell.

And as a political anarchist, I wouldn't call these disruptors "anarchists", more like reactionaries...
    110% correct and respect Miss Barbara Martin.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    110% correct and respect Miss Barbara Martin.

Fondly,

Roberta
    Roberta I just spent most of today with Martha Reeves.

Perhaps I'd start off with always making the effort to treat each SDF member with respect. Any discussion that then follows--about any subject, any artist, anyone's opinion about whatever is brought up--seems that it would be well-served from that starting point. Seems at least worth a try.