[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A message for Ralph and Farewell SDF

Hi Ralph, I came to this forum several years ago and have always enjoyed the fountain of knowledge displayed by many of the members. During that time I have made some new friends notably Andy Skurow and John Perrone.

The forum has always had it's negative posts and negative people [[but the good folks always took the day. Lately, however it has been hijacked by a few individuals [[to name their names would do the other members of this forum and you the moderator a disservice) who have turned this forum into mud slinging and negativity.
    This I cannot abide and will get my Motown news from folks I have met on the Forum who I am friends with on FB [[including you Ralph).

If the negative posters disappear, I would be more than happy to return.

Many thanks to you Ralph and others for keeping the music alive!!!!

Understandable.

There's a thread going at the moment wherein one poster seems determined to be as nasty as they can about a female singer. This same person was equally nasty about the same female singer on another thread that then got deleted a couple of days ago.

Would it not be easier to just remove the poster from SDF and thence, perhaps, save Ralph having to ask the last person who leaves to shut the door behind them?

I'm currently looking at that door and wondering whether or not to step through into cleaner air since I didn't join SDF for this kind of unfettered nastiness.

Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    Hi Ralph, I came to this forum several years ago and have always enjoyed the fountain of knowledge displayed by many of the members. During that time I have made some new friends notably Andy Skurow and John Perrone.

The forum has always had it's negative posts and negative people [[but the good folks always took the day. Lately, however it has been hijacked by a few individuals [[to name their names would do the other members of this forum and you the moderator a disservice) who have turned this forum into mud slinging and negativity.
    This I cannot abide and will get my Motown news from folks I have met on the Forum who I am friends with on FB [[including you Ralph).

If the negative posters disappear, I would be more than happy to return.

Many thanks to you Ralph and others for keeping the music alive!!!!
    Members leave in droves because of the same individual. I hang on by largely ignoring posts by that member. I' m sorry to see you go and request that you not give up. I don't like the idea of surrendering to one person. It's Ralph T's site so he gets to make the rules, but I'm on your side!

Evidence of this undesirable behavior by more than one poster is clear.

1. The participation rate [[new posts, replies, views) has greatly diminished over the last couple of years.
    2. MANY of the veteran, knowledgable posters have left. We could all name several.
    3. Few of the current posts are about MUSIC, but rather insignificant views about artists' personalities.

While we all like and respect Ralph, it's still sad to see this forum crumble. Agree
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Evidence of this undesirable behavior by more than one poster is clear.

1. The participation rate [[new posts, replies, views) has greatly diminished over the last couple of years.
    2. MANY of the veteran, knowledgable posters have left. We could all name several.
    3. Few of the current posts are about MUSIC, but rather insignificant views about artists' personalities.

While we all like and respect Ralph, it's still sad to see this forum crumble. Agree
    ?
    have to agree. it took me a while before i signed up. now im wondering was it worth it, while this isnt as bad as the youtube posters, some on here need to chill out and just be friendly. also it isnt fair just to single out one poster when more than one poster on here needs to check themselves

^ Yeah it ain't just one person. I came here to discuss music and my favorite Motown artists, not to get it all drowned out by posts of unnecessary drama by some posters.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    ^ Yeah it ain't just one person. I came here to discuss music and my favorite Motown artists, not to get it all drowned out by posts of unnecessary drama by some posters.
    Yeah me too. I've had people make nasty personal comments to me several times. But I will not let them infringe on my freedom of speech even though I don't respond back to them by name calling. I am here because I enjoy the music and discussing it along with the artists that made it!

Sorry to read this. I do the best I can but it is impossible for me to read every thread, I rely on email complaints from members to make me aware of a problem. When I receive complaints I look into the problem immediately. In all honesty, in all the years I have been moderating this forum, I have seen problems from many differing areas of membership. There are many times I think complaints are registered too quickly, for when I check the thread out I don't find anything overly objectionable. So from my perspective I find many of you guilty of creating turmoil when it is not necessary. And why certain things posted couldn't simply be ignored and perhaps a problem is diverted.

So dba, sorry to see you go. I do what I can and apologize if I fall short.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Sorry to read this. I do the best I can but it is impossible for me to read every thread, I rely on email complaints from members to make me aware of a problem. When I receive complaints I look into the problem immediately. In all honesty, in all the years I have been moderating this forum, I have seen problems from many differing areas of membership. There are many times I think complaints are registered too quickly, for when I check the thread out I don't find anything overly objectionable. So from my perspective I find many of you guilty of creating turmoil when it is not necessary. And why certain things posted couldn't simply be ignored and perhaps a problem is diverted.

So dba, sorry to see you go. I do what I can and apologize if I fall short.
    Ralph, you have nothing at all to apologize for. None of us would be here if it were not for YOU! Thank you for all that you do!

Marv

Ralph, there have been times that I, and other members had sent you both emails and private messages about a certain member, yet absolutely nothing was ever done. That person is still here, doing the same things. This member seems to have no fear of you because nothing is ever done to them.

Telling everyone to "just play nice" does not work on these people. You can, of course, run this place any way you want. But, it is obvious you need some help moderating this place.

On the other hand, maybe FB and Twitter is the place to be now. I don't like FB because Mr. Zuckerberg wants everyone to interact with everyone else, and I don't want to do that. Mr. Zuckerberg makes it very difficult to use his place and isolate yourself to only those you want to interact with. Someone needs to tell him that Facebook has long outgrown the little college community that spawned it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Ralph, there have been times that I, and other members had sent you both emails and private messages about a certain member, yet absolutely nothing was ever done. That person is still here, doing the same things. This member seems to have no fear of you because nothing is ever done to them.

Telling everyone to "just play nice" does not work on these people. You can, of course, run this place any way you want. But, it is obvious you need some help moderating this place.

On the other hand, maybe FB and Twitter is the place to be now. I don't like FB because Mr. Zuckerberg wants everyone to interact with everyone else, and I don't want to do that. Mr. Zuckerberg makes it very difficult to use his place and isolate yourself to only those you want to interact with. Someone needs to tell him that Facebook has long outgrown the little college community that spawned it.
    I do hope you change your mind and return. This forum needs people such as yourself. Maybe after a cooling off period you will maybe return? Take care my friend.

I find it ironic that some of the members who, in my humble opinion, post the most slanderous comments are the ones who are commenting on this thread as if they are part of the saintly ones who are always civil. There, I said it.
    Last edited by jobucats; 09-25-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    I find it ironic that some of the members who, in my humble opinion, post the most slanderous comments are the ones who are commenting on this thread as if they are part of the saintly ones who are always civil. There, I said it.
    So true. I was just about to say the same thing!

It seems the "Could Diana Have Pulled it Off?" thread was blasted into oblivion as a result of the usual suspect provoking others into a somewhat nasty back and forth regarding Diane Ross. It's too bad as the thread itself was very interesting and the discussion at least in the latter entries was civil.

It's too bad the only solution is to "disappear" the offending thread in order to censure the inappropriate poster[[s). Maybe a better way would be to just freeze the thread so no more updates but at least then we could see what it was that was offensive but still at least be able to read the interesting posts in the discussion. I think just nuking the thread neither lets the offenders know they were offenders and punishes those of us who are enjoying the discussion in spite of the usual vitriol which inevitably occurs when the discussion turns [[or is steered) towards Diana Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    It seems the "Could Diana Have Pulled it Off?" thread was blasted into oblivion as a result of the usual suspect provoking others into a somewhat nasty back and forth regarding Diane Ross. It's too bad as the thread itself was very interesting and the discussion at least in the latter entries was civil.

It's too bad the only solution is to "disappear" the offending thread in order to censure the inappropriate poster[[s). Maybe a better way would be to just freeze the thread so no more updates but at least then we could see what it was that was offensive but still at least be able to read the interesting posts in the discussion. I think just nuking the thread neither lets the offenders know they were offenders and punishes those of us who are enjoying the discussion in spite of the usual vitriol which inevitably occurs when the discussion turns [[or is steered) towards Diana Ross.
    An interesting experiment would be to ban said individual for, say, a week, and see how the conversation flow goes. My guess would be: smoothly. When Diana Ross is brought into [[by the usual) an Ike Turner thread, well, 'ya know something's wrong.

@RobertZ, Exactly...she gets blamed for everything from Florence's fall to global warming...

Very sad. Ralph does do a good job and life without SDF would be all the poorer. In other circumstances many of the comments could be seen as good banter but there's a vitriolic streak in some folks who post and then it's nasty. The Freda Payne thread went west.

So some appropriate songs for the occasion?
    I'm "Leaving Here", "Giving Up"
    "Because of You" and "The Way You Do The Things You Do"
    "I've Gotta Get Away"
    "It's A Shame" as "Farewell Is A Lonely Sound"
    "It's So Hard For Me To Say Goodbye" but, well, "Bye Bye Baby"

Bravo, mystersinger!

How about:

"Sorry is a Sorry Word" [[though we never hear "I'm sorry" from the chief architects of the problem)

Or for banned members:

"Loneliness Is a Lonely Feeling"
    or
    "Living in a World I Created for Myself"

I'm very thankful for this forum and I think that Ralph does the best he can in 'policing' some of the threads here. Unfortunately I think it would be impossible to stay on top of everything that goes on here.

I usually just gloss over the silly posts and try to avoid reading them whenever possible. I think the mental stability of some of the participants is questionable, and it's best to not 'fan the flame' by participating or responding. I'm just here to talk about the music.

As much as I love The Supremes, I generally try to avoid topics about them here. It usually descends into insanity very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post

Sorry, Ralph but I have to agree with Soulster.

I'm not a prolific contributor but I've been biting my tongue now for the last couple of weeks.

The best way would of course be for everyone to ignore any spurious or provocative posts, unfortunately a number of members have been drawn in to responding particularly in the past few days allowing the perpetrator to try to claim "moral high ground".

I take your point that there are many "guilty" posters but in my humble opinion much of this is in response to the person that Soulster refers to.

I appreciate that your word is final but I am at a loss to know why this one person is allowed again and again to continue the shenanigans without impunity.

Now that I've discovered the "ignore" feature, I recommend it to all. I'm confident that the site will, for me, be a great experience once again.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Now that I've discovered the "ignore" feature, I recommend it to all. I'm confident that the site will, for me, be a great experience once again.
    The problem with the IGNORE feature is that inevitably someone will cut and paste the offensive comment and there it is.

I have emailed Ralph one more time to try and reason with him about this individual. I encourage anyone wanting to vacate the boards to give it one more try.

I am prepared to send the offensive post about Ross and Richie to both Diana Ross's attorney and Richie's secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    The problem with the IGNORE feature is that inevitably someone will cut and paste the offensive comment and there it is.

I have emailed Ralph one more time to try and reason with him about this individual. I encourage anyone wanting to vacate the boards to give it one more try.

I am prepared to send the offensive post about Ross and Richie to both Diana Ross's attorney and Richie's secretary.
    I don't know what the post was, but i'd just do it!

No in respect to Ralph I will give him an opportunity to truly address the issue. Ralph does work hard on this site and I truly don't believe he knows of the disturbed mind he is dealing with. I feel he is trying to be fair or perhaps there is some other ulterior motive. We'll see.

There are no ulterior motives. I'm sure the individual you tacitly refer to is Marv. Well, guess what...there are others that like to try and push buttons here. It seems to me, Marv just gets singled out for everything by some that simply don't like the guy. I wish those that complain the loudest would bring to the table what Marv does on an almost daily basis. And because this is a FORUM, Marv is entitled to an opinion just as everyone is here. So...I wish some of you would quit complaining and ignore what you may not agree with. I really don't have time for all of this right now. I'm up to my neck in moving issues. If those of you that feel there is some problem I'm not addressing, I'm sorry. Maybe its best you go elsewhere and look for a forum that is free of charge that suits your needs better.

Having known Ralph in person as well as on the forum, he is genuinely the nicest, positive and warmest person you could wish for. Furthermore, he has the stamina, judgement and dedication that makes this forum work. In my opinion, he demonstrates good judgement, pragmatism and a whole lot of wisdom. By the way, he doesn't get paid for making this a part of his life. His personal contributions have been fundamental to this forum. He also lived the whole Motown Detroit experience so who better placed. His role is not to provide adult supervision to this forum, but to try and exercise judgement where instances are brought to his attention when outrageous statements are made. He endeavours to balance freedom of speech against unpleasant comments. I haven't encountered anyone who could begin to do this job better, including some who offer to take on the role. Ralph has been an absolute gem for this forum. Some time ago, I decided to take the best of the forum from those who are passionate about the music, and blank out the negatives, as one does in every day life. This forum has given me an awful lot of pleasure over the years, and I know that so many of you like minded moderates feel equally passionate about the forum as a meeting point to share our thoughts about the music we have been passionate about throughout our lives. Again, thanks Ralph.

Oh, and dba, I was once in the very same place. I much prefer you stay with us, as I did.

Not being a technological saavy expert, how about something like this. Why not have a button "inappropriate" and if another member felt that the posting was inappropriate they could click on this button and the poster would be notified that another member felt their posting was inappropriate. There could also be a notification to Ralph of the feeling that it was inappropriate and if Ralph say got ten notifications within a two week period against a poster he could terminate the bad guy. Also by a member hitting the inappropriate key, the posting should be easy to remove. That way the poster would not be surprised that others felt a dislike for the posting. I don't know if something like this could be instituted, but it would cut down on some of the sarcasm and negative comments about the artists. What do others think?

supremester Guest
    Perhaps keeping said individual prohibited from a certain topic would be the best way.

Ralph, you posted this over a year ago:

I've been reading your comments regarding the problems that arise from all things Supreme. When valued members talk of leaving Soulful Detroit because of the stupidity of some of these threads, then it is time for me to act.

Here is my proposal: Since I can't and won't ban any threads relating to all of the fine and talented women who are, or once were, part of the Supremes, I can play a little hard ball with anyone who creates a problem. Even the slightest. I will immediately delete the thread and PERMANENTLY ban the instigator.

Sorry Ralph but where one person is concerned you have not enforced this.

It's time to go to Lowell again.

Lots of the recent ideas are good, but maybe a bit complicated. I have, today, discovered the "ignore" option and have used it. I anticipate smooth sailing with the site from now on because there was only really 1 problem poster. I recommend everyone make use of the ignore option for anyone they find troublesome. It's really a great option to have -

Guys from the post Ralph has made, once again empowering ****** it is clear to me that Ralph shares Marvin's opinions of Diana Ross, which is sad to me, because like her or not she is the face of Motown.

This will no longer be a Motown appreciation forum. Now Marvin will run with this ball and make it purely a Diana Ross bashing site, or a bashing of anyone who doesn't feel the way he does about Mary.

Have fun Ralph and Marvin.
    Last edited by ralpht; 09-26-2015 at 08:06 AM.

Where is this "ignore" feature some of you are talking about.

07-31-2014, 07:58 AM #1

ralpht
    Okay gang, here is the new deal..... I've been reading your comments regarding the problems that arise from all things Supreme. When valued members talk of leaving Soulful Detroit because of the stupidity of some of these threads, then it is time for me to act. Here is my proposal: Since I can't and won't ban any threads relating to all of the fine and talented women who are, or once were, part of the Supremes, I can play a little hard ball with anyone who creates a problem. Even the slightest. I will immediately delete the thread and PERMANENTLY ban the instigator. I'm tired of the constant and senseless bickering that arises from these threads. Why this happens is beyond my understanding. I may not be able to understand it, but I can most certainly stop it. So from this point on, any Supreme, Mary, Diana threads are to be interesting, informative and RESPECTFULL.

For the good of this here forum I respectfully think you need to start enforcing this for ALL members Ralph.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    There are no ulterior motives. I'm sure the individual you tacitly refer to is Marv. Well, guess what...there are others that like to try and push buttons here. It seems to me, Marv just gets singled out for everything by some that simply don't like the guy. I wish those that complain the loudest would bring to the table what Marv does on an almost daily basis. And because this is a FORUM, Marv is entitled to an opinion just as everyone is here. So...I wish some of you would quit complaining and ignore what you may not agree with. I really don't have time for all of this right now. I'm up to my neck in moving issues. If those of you that feel there is some problem I'm not addressing, I'm sorry. Maybe its best you go elsewhere and look for a forum that is free of charge that suits your needs better.
    Ralph, with great respect, as I admire you for keeping this forum running...

I have stayed clear of all of these threads and actively boycott any of the nasty ones, but I can not stay silent about this. I have no personal grudge against Marv or anyone else. I have never engaged him in an argument and kept clear of all the drama [[check my posts), but there is a pattern of behavior here that should be unacceptable.

We are not talking about someone expressing an opinion. We're not even talking about someone who holds a negative opinion about a Motown star . We are talking about someone who actively derails non-Supremes/Ross threads, pushes them toward inflammatory and derogatory statements about Diana Ross and then actively baits others into an argument in what I can only assume is an attempt to get them banned. And God forbid the contributor who posts anything, and I do mean anything, at all that has to do with the Supremes. Just go back and read for yourself. Some people have gotten banned because they couldn't hold back. Fine. They said things and deserved to be banned. I encourage you to go back and look at those threads. Do you see any pattern regarding who was involved?

So no. We're not talking about freedom of speech or "this is the internet". We're talking about an observable, documented and repeated pattern of behavior. All people are asking is to stop the bile and vitriolic posts about Diana Ross that now appear in almost every single thread. That's it. Have a negative opinion of her, fine. But stop the derailing of nearly every single post into a Diana Ross bashing festival.

Of course, this is your forum and your rules and I respect that. But there should be no surprises when even the die-hards who love Motown more than they abhor such behavior finally call it quits and give up.

And that would be a sad, sad outcome.

I agree with you Ralph,if you don't like it,move on,Ralph has nothing to apologize about ,it's these people,[[some are on this post)They are the ones,that keep up the mess,and drama,and now some is trying to play nice,keep on doing what your doing Ralph,if they don't know how to ignore,maybe it's time for them to move on,i'v seen it,a lot of people,[[not all)gang up on Marv,because hes not a Diana Ross fan,to each his own.Don't come up with idea's,when you are the one,who keeps up the mess and drama going,Keep on doing what your doing Ralph.

I really don't care that he is not a Diana Ross fan. The point is he is obsessed with trashing her constantly. I have nothing against him voicing his opinion but he goes over board with calling her demeaning names talking always about her looks and weight. If he was truly voicing his opinion he would criticize other Motown ladies who are obviously over weight and not perfect. It's only his hate towards Diana and it gets very annoying. He bates people into saying not nice things about his love Mary Wilson. It is really very sad!

I agree that Ralph seems to give a pass to Marv regardless of the way he turns as many threads as possible into a Diane bashing. I think the reason is Marv's most vitriolic posts have been on other sites, such as YouTube, and he's kept the nasty gay baiting and other stuff off of here. So although we know about the other trending stuff, Ralph is sticking to the rules for his site only. That's appropriate.

I don't mind the differences of opinion. Actually, I thought the discussion Marv and i were having about the Diane singing Jean songs was interesting. Of course, I know that Marv's bias keeps him from ever admitting fault or changing his mind, so it's more or less a lesson in futility, but he was civil throughout that discussion [[unless something happened that I didn't see later).

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I agree that Ralph seems to give a pass to Marv regardless of the way he turns as many threads as possible into a Diane bashing. I think the reason is Marv's most vitriolic posts have been on other sites, such as YouTube, and he's kept the nasty gay baiting and other stuff off of here. So although we know about the other trending stuff, Ralph is sticking to the rules for his site only. That's appropriate.

I don't mind the differences of opinion. Actually, I thought the discussion Marv and i were having about the Diane singing Jean songs was interesting. Of course, I know that Marv's bias keeps him from ever admitting fault or changing his mind, so it's more or less a lesson in futility, but he was civil throughout that discussion [[unless something happened that I didn't see later).
    Marv is entitled to his opinions but those opinions needs to avoid trashing people and telling them to "bite him" and calling folks "dumb" and stop just being downright mean and real nasty at times. We get it. He dont like Diane Ross but must he trash her day after day after day. Its getting real old and if he stopped it people would stop getting into argiuments with him.

Roberta

I agree with Ralph...don't play Marv's game when he's playing. Continue with the subject of the thread. Why do people react to him? on the other hand Marv often has insightful, historic contributions to the forum and I can filter his posts.
    Last edited by drlorne; 09-25-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Guys from the post Ralph has made, once again empowering ****** it is clear to me that Ralph shares Marvin's opinions of Diana Ross, which is sad to me, because like her or not she is the face of Motown.

This will no longer be a Motown appreciation forum. Now Marvin will run with this ball and make it purely a Diana Ross bashing site, or a bashing of anyone who doesn't feel the way he does about Mary.

Have fun Ralph and Marvin.
    I am going to say this once. Do not project your sins onto me! Also do not use my full name on this or any forum without my permission. I know your full name but I know it is not appropriate to use it here or anywhere else without permission.
    Last edited by ralpht; 09-26-2015 at 08:05 AM.

Guys, Ralph is right. I love Diana Ross but I'm not gonna be one of those people to engage in battle with someone who don't. I almost let that get to me a few years ago but I learned to ignore all the pettiness and focus on the music and the legacy left behind from ALL Motown acts. We have some great threads here that should get more people to comment. Focus on that, y'all. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Perhaps keeping said individual prohibited from a certain topic would be the best way.
    You can't realistically do that. If you start down that road, you have to start doing that for each member. I don't even know if this software offers that feature. I know some of them do.

My complaint isn't about Marv, though, it's about another member.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Guys, Ralph is right. I love Diana Ross but I'm not gonna be one of those people to engage in battle with someone who don't. I almost let that get to me a few years ago but I learned to ignore all the pettiness and focus on the music and the legacy left behind from ALL Motown acts. We have some great threads here that should get more people to comment. Focus on that, y'all. That's all.
    I just cannot understand how a bunch of grown men can argue about some singer like they do. I like some of Diana Ross's music. And, that's all I really wish to talk about: the music! I wish everyone felt the same.

I would go along with "like who you like, let the others be". Go to what interests you and ignore "Evan Ross" is you don't care if he is having babies.

But the meanness and nastiness is unnecessary.

I have some apprehension about how much longer SD can last. The music posts have declined. Word Association is the hit.

I can't imagine what a Ross relative would think of the posts. But perhaps they are accustomed to obsessed and deranged people and put them on ignore all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    ...Word Association is the hit.
    ...the Soulful Detroit Jukebox is still going strong too...!!

...dba ...hang on in there and avoid hazardous posts ...and posters...!

...and hey! ...it's Saturday ...enjoy your day

I notice on some Facebook page that a member who is leaving the forum claims I must have mental issues. It makes me wonder how well he would do running this show. It is so easy to criticize.

Redhot,
    Thank you for your post. A voice of reason. And true, if one doesn't like what goes on here, then leave. Plain and simple.

And Marv is right, Bayou. Totally out of line to post his full name. I'm going to edit that out.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I am going to say this once. Do not project your sins onto me! Also do not use my full name on this or any forum without my permission. I know your full name but I know it is not appropriate to use it here or anywhere else without permission.
    Hey Marv hope all is well! Check you in box please as I have some information for you about this issue.
    Thanks

We have a choice..........

We have a choice of becoming members of SDF, and of becoming entitled to sign in under our chosen screen name, and perhaps create a distinct personality apart from our real selves.

We have a choice of posting not only our own thoughts, but in response to those of others here.

We have a choice of not signing in, and simply viewing what others have written.

We have a choice of selecting threads which interest us, or posts from members who generally interest us.

We have a choice of disregarding comments which do not interest us, even if we should and do respect the opinion of those who made them.

We have a choice of disregarding comments from those we may feel we dislike, perhaps because they may be critical of someone we do like, and we should respect their right to do so.

We have a choice of dropping in here to make our big world a little smaller, to share with our friends here, and to enjoy the time we have together, while we still have it.

We have a choice to bring our unhappiness and misery, bad temper, illness, poverty and outright loneliness here, and hope to find a little understanding, without drenching our fellow members with our problems, yet perhaps be offered the opportunity to express and share them.

We have a choice, if we feel that all the above has failed us, to leave.

We have a choice to leave due to other constraints on time available to us, and to look forward to any of our other activities, yet be both sad and thankful for good times here, which may never return for us.

We have a choice to leave SDF feeling bitter and unhappy, if that is the choice we feel we cannot avoid.

I choose to stay for all the above reasons, except the one immediately above.

I value myself too much ever to allow that one to happen to me, and truly hope that it applies to everyone else.

I'm glad and pleased to be here for all the positive reasons. All the 2000+ members, and any views they hold, represent value and infinite variety.

Any views expressed here which are more controversial from mine simply do not bother me. At least someone took time and trouble to state them, instead of remaining silent and not participating at all. If each of us did that, there would be no forum for us to visit.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to simply state how I feel, whenever the spirit moves me.

I'm grateful for my choice.

I'm still here, and I'm going nowhere.

Glad to know you're sticking, West.