[REMOVE ADS]

Junior Walker background singers

Who provided the background singing for Junior Walkers 70s studio recordings. Just been listening to the "Moody Jr" album and love the backing singers with their 'gospel' sound. Were these the Andantes or did Junior Walker assemble his own singers?

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Who provided the background singing for Junior Walkers 70s studio recordings. Just been listening to the "Moody Jr" album and love the backing singers with their 'gospel' sound. Were these the Andantes or did Junior Walker assemble his own singers?
    That is a good question. I kinda doubt that it was the Andantes since it was recorded in 1971. This is going to take some research.

The Andantes were still at Motown in 71. But I think it might have been the Blackberries or the Water sisters

This is also noticeable on "Do You See My Love for You Growing." It just doesn't sound like Andante harmonies. I'll agree that it's probably Blackberries with the possible addition of a Waters or two.

19 September 1970......exactly 45 years ago. Guess what was the number one record in the UK

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts...19700913/7501/

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    19 September 1970......exactly 45 years ago. Guess what was the number one record in the UK

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts...19700913/7501/

OMG! It was Freda Payne and "Band of Gold"! Wow! How the time just flies. Thank you theboyfromxtown for bring this to our attention. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    OMG! It was Freda Payne and "Band of Gold"! Wow! How the time just flies. Thank you theboyfromxtown for bring this to our attention. Cheers!

Freda is an incredible performer! She's singing live here.

I am so sorry...I posted on the wrong thread.

Thanks to WGB for pointing out what a fool I am.

Sorry folks.

I am so sorry...I posted on the wrong thread.

Thanks to WGB for pointing out what a fool I am.

Sorry folks.
    Mr. Lester,

It takes a mighty big person to admit that he has made a mistake. You are a true gem and a wonderful addition to any forum.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Mr. Lester,

It takes a mighty big person to admit that he has made a mistake. You are a true gem and a wonderful addition to any forum.
    Aww Carole. Thank you.

But I still feel a complete fool......It's not as though I missed any medication! Mind you, maybe WGB will recommend something!

Theboyfromxtown....

I would recommend The Velvelettes Anthology, to be taken at least once a day, until further notice.

That should certainly help you with your concentration.

And while you're concentrating, what about an answer to Masterblaster's question......?