[REMOVE ADS]

Gordon Keith's Steeltown Records and the Untold Story of the Jackson 5

This was a very interesting documentary. I don't get why they keep mentioning Diana, wasn't like she pulled the strings [[blame Berry, he told her to go along with it). But anyway, I always wanted to hear more so from Gordon about how and why the Jacksons abruptly got out of their Steeltown contract to sign with Motown.

If I recall, wasn't Gordon able to keep the Jacksons from recording for Motown because they [[the Jacksons) had agreed to do an album for Steeltown?

Also I saw a very INTERESTING piece in this documentary about Joe Jackson being physically abusive to Katherine and sexually abusive to his kids but I felt like "nah I don't think I should post that because that'll be too much".

So I'm gonna leave this here. It's over an hour. Let me know your thoughts.

I wonder if the Jackson 5 had signed with Atlantic, would they have been as big of a deal as they were in Motown? Maybe Berry knew Atlantic wouldn't care for five singing black kids since Aretha, Wilson Pickett and Led Zeppelin were the only acts they were really supporting then.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  21.1 KB
    Very interesting. Nice to see Lucky Cordell speak on Mr. Keith's behalf. I had always thought it was mainly Joe Jackson's doing, but I didn't know that Brown did him dirty , in a separate move, just to steal from Keith. It's too bad that big money can buy better lawyers, so that "justice" can be bought. Of course, we Chicagoans alwys knew that not only did Diana Ross not discover The Jackson 5, but, they were already fairly well known before Bobby Taylor ever saw them.