[REMOVE ADS]

Martha's triumphant return to Manchester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGD9ay6tFZ0
    They clearly loved Martha and the Vandellas in Manchester. Just listen to that applause at the end of the marathon Dancing in the Street sequence. Look at the diva's face as she takes her bow. Pure delight all round, and echoed in this review:

http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Mart...review-/26353/

I completely agree with others about the recent recording of Tainted Love - but here, Martha is on fine form, and long may she continue to perform for her fans.

Wow - wow - wow! Just perfect! And a great band as well. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Wow - wow - wow! Just perfect! And a great band as well. Thank you!
    Here's another review, highly intelligent and appreciative. It must have been quite a night. http://bagthing.co.uk/news

Last edited by Sharpmoves; 09-12-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGD9ay6tFZ0
    They clearly loved Martha and the Vandellas in Manchester. Just listen to that applause at the end of the marathon Dancing in the Street sequence. Look at the diva's face as she takes her bow. Pure delight all round, and echoed in this review:

http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Mart...review-/26353/

I completely agree with others about the recent recording of Tainted Love - but here, Martha is on fine form, and long may she continue to perform for her fans.
    Wow! When you hear the reaction like that from the audience it makes it clearly understandable why Miss Martha and the Vandellas keep going. That was absolutely great and thank you Sharpmoves!

Great review for Martha and her sisters I caught the show last Saturday and they were amazing !

Always nice to read things like this.

These atr great reviews for the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves. Its real obvious the woman loves what she does and its even more obvioous how loves she is all over the globe. I love reading all the great reviews aboyt Motowns greatest star.

Thank you dear Sharpmoves for sharing.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    These atr great reviews for the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves. Its real obvious the woman loves what she does and its even more obvioous how loves she is all over the globe. I love reading all the great reviews aboyt Motowns greatest star.

Roberta
    And it's thrilling that Dr. Reeves sings these 50 year old songs like they are on the charts right now; that's talent, class, elegance - in other words, an historical superstar. It's a joy to be a fan.
    Last edited by RobertZ; 09-14-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    And it's thrilling that Dr. Reeves sings these 50 year old songs like they are on the charts right now; that's talent, class, elegance - in other words, an historical superstar. It's a joy to be a fan.
    Yes it sure is my dear RobertZ. Its a real joy.

fondly,

Roberta❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post

Roberta
    You're most welcome Roberta.

Martha is truly a class act, and a legend worthy of serious comment and appreciation from critics. She is guaranteeing her own musical legacy, and the legacy of the classic Motown sound, for the future by taking obvious pleasure in performing in the present. A very great star indeed, but that counts for nothing if you aren't also a real genuine human being, which we know she is too - in every way.