[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hi. John.

Name:  aaaaButtermilk 1.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  99.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Carole, you're either 'Mr. Marie' or Rosemary DeCamp!
    Or both rolled into one...why do people forget about that option?

And what do you want to tell us about 'Just Look What You've Done' and don't seem to get around to doing?

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Hi. John.

Name:  aaaaButtermilk 1.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  99.1 KB
    DON"T TOY WITH ME CAROLE ABOUT KITTIES.....my heart breaks so easily....

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    DON"T TOY WITH ME CAROLE ABOUT KITTIES.....my heart breaks so easily....
    But it's such a pretty baby bear sweetness ...

John, with all the ITCHING references in your promo at the top of the thread, is an alternate version that's been discussed before going to be aired this evening? Just piecing things together . . . or wishfully hoping to.

oh Carole ...it's a great idea...but it would be so complicated to do that. I think I'd would love it...but not easily feasible....
    Well ,now that you bring it up. Paul Nixon may be coming to the U.S. this fall. With your Andy & George connections, it would be fabulous if they could arrange a conference interview involving all 3....
    so that we could convey our deep gratitude to Paul, Keith, John etc. for all the treasures that they have brought us by keeping the Motown Sound alive in the U.K. and other spots on the globe.
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 09-08-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Why Grandma... what big feet you have! Or are these athlete's feet????

And what do you want to tell us about 'Just Look What You've Done' and don't seem to get around to doing?
    you distracted me with a KITTY!!!! Thanks for the reminder!

The Supremes' versions of THIS OLD HEART OF MINE, HEAVEN MUST HAVE SENT YOU, and perhaps Wayne Brasler was alluding to PUT YOURSELF IN MY PLACE all highlight the brilliance of HDH for several reasons--not least of which were their decisions not to release The Supremes' versions as A-side singles. Wayne is certainly not alone in his praise for THIS OLD HEART OF MINE by The Supremes--but not me. To me, those versions are so lackluster and inferior to the great versions released by The Isley Bros. and The Elgins. HDH had such an amazing handle on their music--so clearly in evidence by going with The Isleys and The Elgins. Unless those decisions weren't theirs. Anybody know?
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 09-08-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Wayne Brasler does a plethora of Motown reviews on Amazon as Jim Andrews "Wayne Brasler"

Thanks, Carole.

The Supremes' versions of THIS OLD HEART OF MINE, HEAVEN MUST HAVE SEEN YOU, and perhaps Wayne Brasler was alluding to PUT YOURSELF IN MY PLACE all highlight the brilliance of HDH for several reasons--not least of which were their decisions not to release The Supremes' versions as A-side singles. Wayne is certainly not alone in his praise for THIS OLD HEART OF MINE by The Supremes--but not me. To me, those versions are so lackluster and inferior to the great versions released by The Isley Bros. and The Elgins. HDH had such an amazing handle on their music--so clearly in evidence by going with The Isleys and The Elgins. Unless those decisions weren't theirs. Anybody know?
    I do agree with you, Carole, about the "lackluster" quality of so much of that material. I'm really dying to know what Wayne's formal affiliation with Motown was.

Yeah....I saw that too...but no clear info about him and Motown...

Of course, tracks like "Dr Goldfoot..." are rare to radio for a very good reason.

I do agree with you, Carole, about the "lackluster" quality of so much of that material. I'm really dying to know what Wayne's formal affiliation with Motown was.
    "And don't call me Shirley" . . . er, Carole.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Of course, tracks like "Dr Goldfoot..." are rare to radio for a very good reason.
    Hahahah......awwwwwwwwwwwwww......

"And don't call me Shirley" . . . er, Carole.
    I've been called worse... but never a nurse [[who is worse according to the Marvelettes)

Stellar closing to a stellar show. Thanks, Jerome . . . er, John.

Great stuff.

Is it too early to suggest Barbara McNair's "Just One Teardrop [[From A Brokenheart)" for next week's show?

I've known of the name Wayne Brasler in connection with Motown for more years than I care to remember but never known anyone that knew him. He also posts on youtube. Sometimes his comments are a bit acidic but he does know his stuff. I would have liked to have met him.

It's good to see that he is a real person and not someone masquerading as another person.....as so often happens on youtube etc.

Stellar closing to a stellar show. Thanks, Jerome . . . er, John.
    Thanks so much, Bruce!!

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Great stuff.

Is it too early to suggest Barbara McNair's "Just One Teardrop [[From A Brokenheart)" for next week's show?
    Thanks, martin! No...not too soon at all...I have it with my tracks to play next week.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I've known of the name Wayne Brasler in connection with Motown for more years than I care to remember but never known anyone that knew him. He also posts on youtube. Sometimes his comments are a bit acidic but he does know his stuff. I would have liked to have met him.

It's good to see that he is a real person and not someone masquerading as another person.....as so often happens on youtube etc.
    But WHAT is his connection with Motown...that's one thing we don't know!