Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  21.1 KB
I need to hear as many Leon Peterson recordings as possible, to help identify 2 unreleased, unidentified Kable Recordings from late 1960 or early 1961. From the sound, they were clearly done around the time of J.J. Barnes' 2 Kable 437 cut, and Leon Peterson's 2 Kable 438 cuts. Clearly, they used the same production crew as those released records [[Arranged by Joe Hunter, Don Davis on lead guitar, Joe Hunter on piano, The Del-Fi's [[Martha Reeds, Gloria Williamson pre Vandellas group) on background vocals, recorded at United Sound.

I've listened to Peterson's 2 House of Beauty 117 cuts [["This Creation"/"Blues Got A Hold On Me") from 1959, produced and arranged by Mickey Stevenson. I've also listened to 2 of his Bobbin Records cuts, [["Searching"/"I Know You Know") [[he was originally from St. Louis, but went to Detroit to record from 1959-61). I've heard his one Skylark [[New York) side that's on You Tube), and one side each of his later Bag and Opus issues, also on You-Tube.

Do any of you have the Skylark flip side, and know of any other labels for whom he recorded? If so, could you upload links and/or sound files?

I'm reasonably sure that the "mystery artist" is NOT Peterson, as he doesn't seem to have the baritone richness in tone that Peterson has on all his released cuts, and that is especially prominant on his HOB and Bobbin cuts.

Please post anything you know about Peterson, and any secular male singers who recorded for Brown and Hunter in 1959-62 or so.

I know that the mystery singer can't be J.J. Barnes or Mel Anton. I really don't think he is Leon Peterson. Are there any other male singers to whom I should be listening and considering?