[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    The Cookies and the Supremes were not exactly in the same league. Supremes were the #1 group in the USA.
    Does it make a difference if a mugger robs a poor or rich person?

Marv...I think you hit a nerve.! Lol... Don't you know by now we can talk about the Martha and Syreeta issue, and the struggles of the Temptations, and Mary Wells and Gladys and the Pips leaving Motown etc etc ..but Miss Ross is a sacred cow! Rather than saying what you desire to you get attacked as a person and judged by some who complain that's what you are doing.when you are simply breaking the "don't talk rule." How many books have been written that discuss the politics and relationships of the Beatles and their behavior?

Marv...I think you hit a nerve.! Lol... Don't you know by now we can talk about the Martha and Syreeta issue, and the struggles of the Temptations, and Mary Wells and Gladys and the Pips leaving Motown etc etc ..but Miss Ross is a sacred cow! Rather than saying what you desire to you get attacked as a person and judged by some who complain that's what you are doing.when you are simply breaking the "don't talk rule." How many books have been written that discuss the politics and relationships of the Beatles and their behavior?
    Say what you want; you always do

It's just that only you two buy into the conspiracy crap, the victim whine and the pity party when the truth is the people at Motown cared for each other

You are just unhappy old hens that think everyone except Diana was an unhappy miserable victim! rubbish! Go ask Mary! She told you to stop the trash talk several times!

alanbill1074 Guest
    I think I'm probably done with this forum sadly. No one is perfect including Diana Ross, but she does get excessively picked on here. It's like school yard bullying sometimes.

For the record, as this is my last post. I actually dislike Mary Wilson now. Not from anything she's done, and she's been no angel, but because of one or two obsessed fans on here in particular.

Happy travels and a Bon voyage to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by alanbill1074 View Post
    I think I'm probably done with this forum sadly. No one is perfect including Diana Ross, but she does get excessively picked on here. It's like school yard bullying sometimes.

For the record, as this is my last post. I actually dislike Mary Wilson now. Not from anything she's done, and she's been no angel, but because of one or two obsessed fans on here in particular.

I will personally ask you to stay! Just don't read the posts you see from certain posters and you will find lots of others to have positive conversations with - that's what I've done. I actually feel the same about Mary, btw. Her fan base does not compliment her one bit! Why not start a new thread about someone you are interested in? Hoping to see more posts -

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Say what you want; you always do

It's just that only you two buy into the conspiracy crap, the victim whine and the pity party when the truth is the people at Motown cared for each other

You are just unhappy old hens that think everyone except Diana was an unhappy miserable victim! rubbish! Go ask Mary! She told you to stop the trash talk several times!
    Well, they've finally convinced me! EVERY singer on EVERY record label was treated like kings and queens; no one was ever cheated royal payments, multi-million dollar exit agreement payments, lifetime pensions, complete healthcare, etc - UNTIL the Supremes came along. EVERY woman who ever performed as a Supreme was conspired against, cheated, lifetime blacklisted, you name it! But ONLY Supremes members - NEVER anyone else!

supremester Guest
    Hey Alan, sorry you are not gonna continue to participate because of a few bad apples - they are not the essence of this forum at all. As with any group, there's going to be a lunatic fringe element that most try to overlook, but, believe me, I often fail at it myself. When you consider the source: nut cases who spend hours every day on various websites under various monikers bashing Diana Ross, well, really it's sad. Especially when they resort to lies, threats of violence, bigotry and, hilariously, accusations about how crazy others are who do the same thing. I'm not a big fan of some of Mary's antics, but she is genuinely horrified that her words and actions helped to create these obsessed nut cases. 99.9999% of Mary's fans are normal people [[as fans go.)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Yes it does.

I hit a nerve? Well I'm sorry, I'm usually a very safe and responsible driver. I have been here nearly 13 years and yes I know we can talk about all of those artists. Miss Ross may be a cow , but she is not sacred to me. She is just a singer like many of the rest. Luke,
    I don't know anything about the "don't talk rule" I also did not have time to read every posting here in this thread so if there is some one attacking me or whatever.................knock it off! I'm going to see Gladys Knight on September 12! I am very happy about that since It's been at least 8 years since I last saw here.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yes it does.
    wow thats a great moral compas youve got marv2. So what exactly is the difference between mugging and robbing a rich person versus a robbing and mugging a poor person. I was raised to believe wrong is wrong and sin is sin and robbing and mugging is breaking the law regardless of social or financiall status.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    wow thats a great moral compas youve got marv2. So what exactly is the difference between mugging and robbing a rich person versus a robbing and mugging a poor person. I was raised to believe wrong is wrong and sin is sin and robbing and mugging is breaking the law regardless of social or financiall status.
    Wasn't that a horrible thing to say. What kind of animal would promote violence to another human being of any social status? Where is the bottom for this guy?

supremester Guest
    THAT kind of person. I loved your brilliant, earlier post btw. Wonderful!

I don't believe The Supremes lacked support. I see them like a Big Mac - the biggest selling burger in the 60's. Then they took away the special sauce and added foie gras . Then they took away the burger and added filet mignon - maybe the components are better to some - but it's still no longer a Big Mac - The Supremes without Ross to most people are not The Supremes. Take away Flo and it's even worse. Some thought JMC were better than DMF - which is cool, but still it wasn't what most fans liked about The Supremes. JMC were on TV all the time, had tons of records out, lots of press but very little public interest in them as a group so their album sales were weak and live appearances were slipping. I like the MSC album but it wasn't a standout against the competition, nor were the others and most of their TV appearances were a mess. Motown had no material. Last night I played Ross' What You Gave Me 45 - WTF were they thinking putting a stinker like that out as the only 45 from that hodge podge? Motown was down to the nubs and had little to offer any act. Desperate for dollars, they'd have pushed whatever product they had out there. Look at the push Deborah Harry's Chic album got and it tanked. The public decides.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Wasn't that a horrible thing to say. What kind of animal would promote violence to another human being of any social status? Where is the bottom for this guy?

Would hate to see you go. But I totally agree with you. I actually dislike Mary now. I used to support her in the past and bought her first album "Red Hot" and "Walk the Line". But now I can't stand to watch or hear her anymore thanks to a couple of her deranged fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Wow that the best and most honest post Ive ever written. Thank you.

wishing you a safe and blessed weekend.

Fondly

Roberta
    I totally agree Roberta. What a splendid article you wrote BayouMotownMan. Well said friend.

I do so hope you come back on board. Please don't let a spiteful few stop you being a member here. We need you on here!! Don't desert us alan.

I've been on this board for 12 or 13 years but don't post too often simply because of the acrimony when it comes to The Supremes and the various members of the group. It seems to me if one posts anything that remotely seems to be "against" any of the girls one gets taken to task very quickly under the guise that it's "in my opinion."

Truth be told I was a huge fan of all the groupings AND a huge fan of Diana when she went solo. I really believed the two-for-one stock split that was said in Las Vegas at their last show. Anyway, I digress.

Does it really matter than Diana has sold 100 million records and that Mary Wilson has sold a few thousand? I mean, really? Everyone knows that Diana was/is a huge success and that Mary never had, never will have the same level of success but now that it's 50 years later wouldn't it be nice if this sniping between camps could put that b.s. aside and relish the fact that both women are still working. It matters not if Diana sells out a 3,000 seat auditorium and Mary can't sell 300 tickets. So what!

In the beginning years all that mattered was seeing them on television and enjoying their huge success. My best friend's parents [[all of them from Detroit) told me back in the early 70s how proud Detroit was of The Supremes and Motown, of course.

Anyway I guess I'm rambling but am saddened to read all the negativity that goes on and on and and on and on.

I'll take my leave now and put on the Where Did Our Love Go and More Hits albums and recall the joyous days of my youth when The Supremes [[all of them) brought such joy to my life.

Quote Originally Posted by motownlover1964 View Post
    I've been on this board for 12 or 13 years but don't post too often simply because of the acrimony when it comes to The Supremes and the various members of the group. It seems to me if one posts anything that remotely seems to be "against" any of the girls one gets taken to task very quickly under the guise that it's "in my opinion."

Truth be told I was a huge fan of all the groupings AND a huge fan of Diana when she went solo. I really believed the two-for-one stock split that was said in Las Vegas at their last show. Anyway, I digress.

Does it really matter than Diana has sold 100 million records and that Mary Wilson has sold a few thousand? I mean, really? Everyone knows that Diana was/is a huge success and that Mary never had, never will have the same level of success but now that it's 50 years later wouldn't it be nice if this sniping between camps could put that b.s. aside and relish the fact that both women are still working. It matters not if Diana sells out a 3,000 seat auditorium and Mary can't sell 300 tickets. So what!

In the beginning years all that mattered was seeing them on television and enjoying their huge success. My best friend's parents [[all of them from Detroit) told me back in the early 70s how proud Detroit was of The Supremes and Motown, of course.

Anyway I guess I'm rambling but am saddened to read all the negativity that goes on and on and and on and on.

I'll take my leave now and put on the Where Did Our Love Go and More Hits albums and recall the joyous days of my youth when The Supremes [[all of them) brought such joy to my life.
    Of course, you're right, and of course, you're wise. I try to remain above the fray, but on the other hand feel the need to defend against those who are demeaning and rumour-mongering. I guess I need to do better at ignoring the haters and conspiracy theorists - and hope you start a thread of your own, maybe about one of the albums - Best to you!

Of course, you're right, and of course, you're wise. I try to remain above the fray, but on the other hand feel the need to defend against those who are demeaning and rumour-mongering. I guess I need to do better at ignoring the haters and conspiracy theorists - and hope you start a thread of your own, maybe about one of the albums - Best to you!
    Actually Robert I think this board is desparately in need of those of us who provide factual balanced information as opposed to those whose lives are so unhappy they find a need to slander someone seemingly on behalf of someone else who has already chastised that person for doing this.

In reality there were very few saints at Motown. Had there been it is doubtful the company would have been so successful.

Leave if you want too,people come and go,like or dislike who ever you want,you're saying you don't like Mary Wilson anymore,why did you have to tell,about something negative,just leave.The Supremes are like BigMac's ? lmao Stop' In The Name Of Love,again you're always sayin' nice but nasty things,you think you know everything about The Supremes,you always find a way,to put all The Supremes down,except Diana,trust me,we all know how much you love her,and theres nothing wrong with that,love who you want,again you love Mary Wilson,you can't stop talking about her,but no one is fooled by your post,a BigMac lol.I love all The Supremes,but Mary is number 1 to me,always has,and always will be. p.s i do respect BayouMotownMan post.
    Last edited by REDHOT; 09-07-2015 at 02:37 AM.

No, it's just that inevitably Marv has to lead every thread into a Diane bashing.

And by the way, there's at least 50 books about the Beatles and their behavior, and their own politics such as with Yoko, in case you were really wondering.

The Supremes really should have ended once Jean left. It was their natural time to end, instead of dragging on and on making acceptable but average disco music [[IMO no need for anyone to go all nuclear on me, I always participate in Supremes threads with trepidation).

The ladies in subsequent versions of the group were all beautiful and talented, but for me, nothing past Floy Joy was really that good, be it in the group or out. Many of the songs were painfully average and to me, that's why they weren't pushed. They simply didn't warrant a huge spend because the potential return wasn't there. Partners was OK, actually better than some Supremes material. If I'd been Mary though I'd have been very vocal about the poor material I was being fobbed off with. That album was extremely weak. She did the best with what she got, which wasn't much.

I agree money was probably tight in the back end of the 70s, which is all the more reason to only spend it where the best return would come.

Not going nuclear lol! ...whenever I loaned out a Sups album esp. High Energy, I always received comments like "I didn't know they sounded like that". Since I could never find their tapes for the car, a friend had to tape it for me. He used to make similar comments. I liked the quality of their work but maybe they should have made a drastic change like Labelle to garner some attention. But they always had talent. Interestingly tho, Mary, Sherrie, and Sussaye have been staying in the business and not disappeared from the music scene. Love those 70's Sups!

Love your post Detmotownguy,i also love The Supremes from the 70s.

I don't know whether to zap the thread or leave it so you all could read it all to see how really stupid it is. Get a grip people, its only music. I'll, let this stand for now, but get it together or it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I don't know whether to zap the thread or leave it so you all could read it all to see how really stupid it is. Get a grip people, its only music. I'll, let this stand for now, but get it together or it goes.
    My opinion is there's no need to zap. But I would be interested to know, Ralph, if you worked on the "Partners" LP - your recollections and insights are always interesting.

Actually Robert I think this board is desparately in need of those of us who provide factual balanced information as opposed to those whose lives are so unhappy they find a need to slander someone seemingly on behalf of someone else who has already chastised that person for doing this.

In reality there were very few saints at Motown. Had there been it is doubtful the company would have been so successful.
    Thank you, and I agree - I always look at it as any workplace I have been at. Some get along; some don't. Relationships change. That's life!

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Well said Ralph. As you rightly say it is only music, and much as we all love the music it is hardly a life and death situation. I reckon you should keep the thread open so that people can read back and see how ridiculous it had all become.

supremester Guest
    Girl, I said nothing nice or nasty about The Supremes. I merely presented an analogy where you can take a famous, successful product, change the ingredients to even better ingredients but it still isn't the original product regardless of what you call it. I referred to Cindy and jean as better than Diana and Flo, Antoinette. If anything, Diana suffers in the analogy. The point is that it takes more than just talent to become a star. You said you were not gonna ead or respond to me - keep your promise.

1995, a humbled, teary Miss Ross told a wildly enthusiastic crowd that "there are a lot of pretty good singers you could have gone to see tonight in LA. The reason you're here is Berry Gordy."
    Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Leave if you want too,people come and go,like or dislike who ever you want,you're saying you don't like Mary Wilson anymore,why did you have to tell,about something negative,just leave.The Supremes are like BigMac's ? lmao Stop' In The Name Of Love,again you're always sayin' nice but nasty things,you think you know everything about The Supremes,you always find a way,to put all The Supremes down,except Diana,trust me,we all know how much you love her,and theres nothing wrong with that,love who you want,again you love Mary Wilson,you can't stop talking about her,but no one is fooled by your post,a BigMac lol.I love all The Supremes,but Mary is number 1 to me,always has,and always will be. p.s i do respect BayouMotownMan post.

Tis a very good post Rick. And also the one from MotownLover1964.

I think Scherrie and Susaye would be absolutely disgusted that a thread bearing their names contains such hatred towards ANY Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I think Scherrie and Susaye would be absolutely disgusted that a thread bearing their names contains such hatred towards ANY Supreme.
    marybrewster - well said. There is so much negativity on this forum. I am not saying that everything on this forum should be of a positive nature but the venom sometimes spewed out disgusts me. By all means give out constructive criticism but when someone has to stoop to such depths where they would get vertigo in a sewer I think it is time to have a long hard look at themselves and get the appropriate medical help that they so badly need. End of rant!

I agree with you Marybrewster smh

Susaye is pretty good at speaking up when she needs to; she has before. I would be sorry and sad to hear that either or both don't like our Forum for this.

I have always wondered what it is like for Mary Wilson's or Diana Ross's children to read YouTube comments which are much worse than anything on here.

But some of these people are trained to deal with the public and such things ~ certainly the Ross children.

I think they all just treat it as water off the back and move on. Still unfortunate.

I think what happened with the Supremes' fall from grace happens to most groups who go through revolving doors of members. As mentioned here, Jean Terrell kept the group's momentum going until the early 1970s.

It's not unusual for groups after a certain period to make a decline, albeit gradual or sharp. In the case of the Supremes, management was shady and different musical tastes nearly synced them out [[after Jean left, Motown's sound was getting less embraced as Philly groups like the Three Degrees and First Choice picked up where the Supremes and the Vandellas respectively left off and of course let's not forget the Supremes' old rivals, Labelle, getting a resurgence during this period with "Lady Marmalade" and the Nightbirds album and of course the Pointer Sisters came of age during this time giving the music industry a new type of female group mixing old scat and jazz with funk).

So think of it, the Supremes also had a lull after Jean left, with their contracts being negotiated, Lynda left and Cindy returned but then between late 1973 and early 1975, the Supremes couldn't hit the studio until contracts were settled and once they were, they really couldn't compete. Yes they were still as good as the other groups but I'm thinking when they added Scherrie, they were pretty much not as distinguishable as they had been during the Diana and Jean years.

How are you gonna compete when Motown was no longer the leading label in pop music, when their entertainment company was trying to build a solid film career for their former star member and also at a period where Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder had become their own artists, and then have to deal with Labelle and the Pointer Sisters, in the words of P-Funk, gaining on ya?

I think the writing was on the wall as far as the Supremes were concerned even after Susaye joined. Mary dealt with years of bad decisions and mismanagement as she admitted herself in "Someday We'll Be Together". Also Berry Gordy was having financial issues and Motown was in the red when High Energy was released hence the surprise they got when "I'm Gonna Let My Heart" became a crossover disco hit [[albeit for a brief period in 1976).

To be honest, I'm surprised the Supremes lasted as long as they did. Who knows what would've happened had some scenarios not occurred but what happened happened. Let's just enjoy all the music that each of them left us. Isn't that more important than wondering who's zooming who?
    Last edited by midnightman; 09-12-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I think what happened with the Supremes' fall from grace happens to most groups who go through revolving doors of members. As mentioned here, Jean Terrell kept the group's momentum going until the early 1970s.

It's not unusual for groups after a certain period to make a decline, albeit gradual or sharp. In the case of the Supremes, management was shady and different musical tastes nearly synced them out [[after Jean left, Motown's sound was getting less embraced as Philly groups like the Three Degrees and First Choice picked up where the Supremes and the Vandellas respectively left off and of course let's not forget the Supremes' old rivals, Labelle, getting a resurgence during this period with "Lady Marmalade" and the Nightbirds album and of course the Pointer Sisters came of age during this time giving the music industry a new type of female group mixing old scat and jazz with funk).

So think of it, the Supremes also had a lull after Jean left, with their contracts being negotiated, Lynda left and Cindy returned but then between late 1973 and early 1975, the Supremes couldn't hit the studio until contracts were settled and once they were, they really couldn't compete. Yes they were still as good as the other groups but I'm thinking when they added Scherrie, they were pretty much not as distinguishable as they had been during the Diana and Jean years.

How are you gonna compete when Motown was no longer the leading label in pop music, when their entertainment company was trying to build a solid film career for their former star member and also at a period where Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder had become their own artists, and then have to deal with Labelle and the Pointer Sisters, in the words of P-Funk, gaining on ya?

I think the writing was on the wall as far as the Supremes were concerned even after Susaye joined. Mary dealt with years of bad decisions and mismanagement as she admitted herself in "Someday We'll Be Together". Also Berry Gordy was having financial issues and Motown was in the red when High Energy was released hence the surprise they got when "I'm Gonna Let My Heart" became a crossover disco hit [[albeit for a brief period in 1976).

To be honest, I'm surprised the Supremes lasted as long as they did. Who knows what would've happened had some scenarios not occurred but what happened happened. Let's just enjoy all the music that each of them left us. Isn't that more important than wondering who's zooming who?

First off, I thought this was about "Partners" an album that was just ok, one that was poorly distributed and promoted. As far as the Supremes lasting as long as they did. They had the potential to have carried on to this very just by looking at Mary Wilson, Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene. How well each still sing and look today which is much better than you know who! If the Temptations were able to carry on to this day, the Supremes certainly had the same potential and to do so with much fewer new members.

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circui...a-album-sales/

As good as it gets

125,000 High Energy
    50,000 Mary Scherrie & Susaye
    Where do these numbers come from, considering Motown never opened up their books to thke RIAA for certification?

Somebody has a hold of the Motown records up to 1988 and then used Soundscan thereafter - it looks like. There isn't anything more reliable around. They are a lot more reliable than the RIAA ever was. The RIAA was just used by record companies ~ they would ship a lot and get half returned and have huge certifications that were effectively "fake".

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Where do these numbers come from, considering Motown never opened up their books to thke RIAA for certification?
    He can't verify those numbers, nor can the person he copied and pasted them from. No numbers Jobeterob posts or will ever post are verifiable! He pulls them out of his.......well you know.

Somebody has a hold of the Motown records up to 1988 and then used Soundscan thereafter - it looks like. There isn't anything more reliable around. They are a lot more reliable than the RIAA ever was. The RIAA was just used by record companies ~ they would ship a lot and get half returned and have huge certifications that were effectively "fake".
    No one has gotten ahold of "Motown's Records" or accounting books. A lawyer that use to work for Mr. Gordy told me in New York 3 years ago that there a set of books for just about every purpose and he said this without winking! There is also some other things he said.

I remember when Johnny Carson was presented a gold record for an album entitled Here's Johnny: Magic Moments from The Tonight Show in 1974. Although the album was certified gold by the RIAA for shipments to stores of over 500,000 copies, the album was a bomb and returns from retailers of unsold copies were high. Even the huge amount of promotional copies were returned. The classic joke in the music industry at the time was that "it shipped gold and went back to the label platinum".

I think RIAA may have changed the certification rules after that embarrassing moment. The album was found in 99 cents cut out bins for years

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    First off, I thought this was about "Partners" an album that was just ok, one that was poorly distributed and promoted. As far as the Supremes lasting as long as they did. They had the potential to have carried on to this very just by looking at Mary Wilson, Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene. How well each still sing and look today which is much better than you know who! If the Temptations were able to carry on to this day, the Supremes certainly had the same potential and to do so with much fewer new members.
    Yeah it was about Partners but I wanted to put things in perspective with the usual hoopla that comes with a Supremes thread lol

I'm sure had that Pedro dude not come in the mix, the Supremes as they were with MSS would've continued.

Jobete's numbers are from a reputable website and, although skewed some, are within the ballpark of what sold.

I don't credit Pedro with any continuation of The Supremes, but Mary Wilson herself. By going to the press and getting fans to write letters to Motown in 1974, she got those last three lps as a "hush-up" kind of deal. In today's world no record company would have cared that she had been discarded.

And to the member claiming he spoke to a former lawyer of BG's, I don't believe that at all. This is the same person posting false information for years with so-called Motown insiders that are never identified.

Jobete's numbers are from a reputable website and, although skewed some, are within the ballpark of what sold.

I don't credit Pedro with any continuation of The Supremes, but Mary Wilson herself. By going to the press and getting fans to write letters to Motown in 1974, she got those last three lps as a "hush-up" kind of deal. In today's world no record company would have cared that she had been discarded.

And to the member claiming he spoke to a former lawyer of BG's, I don't believe that at all. This is the same person posting false information for years with so-called Motown insiders that are never identified.
    Jobeterob's numbers are just that, HIS numbers and are NOT reputable in this life! He could not possibly know what is what nor can you when Berry doesn't!

I wish you had any idea what you are always talking about. Sadly, you don't have a clue!

Marv, you're lost again.

Rick is right; those are not my numbers at all. Go to the website and look. They are the most reputable source you'll find.

But one warning. You'll probably have atrial fibrillation because Red Hot is not on the list - it's the de minimus rule ~ they don't report what is too small. You know, it's the size thing again.

Marv, you're lost again.

Rick is right; those are not my numbers at all. Go to the website and look. They are the most reputable source you'll find.

But one warning. You'll probably have atrial fibrillation because Red Hot is not on the list - it's the de minimus rule ~ they don't report what is too small. You know, it's the size thing again.

I am not playing any game so I can't lose. You two clowns just never know what you are talking about. Every now and then I must remind you that I know that!

Hey Jobete maybe I should repost that AOL chatroom circa 1999 of you-know-who talking to an obvious scam artist wanting money for a Mary Wilson movie. "Mary is a superstar, she's a goddess, I love her, I love her." Geez that was sad.

Kids everyone take a breath and calm down.

So size does matter after all...I knew it! LOL

Seriously, it is a little surprising that "Mary Wilson" [[I think you mean the album, not the single) doesn't have any sales figures. I think it was promoted fairly well in major markets. At the San Francisco Tower Records, they had one of their huge hand painted murals painted on the side of the building to promote the LP. I remember driving by and seeing the painter working on it. I would have thought it sold at least as much as the "Partners" album [[which I don't recall hearing anywhere at the time).

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circui...a-album-sales/

Seriously Ken, this site lists only the Supremes, Diana Ross, Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder.

It does not list the Mary Wilson album or Partners.

It's nothing but rumour but Partners was said to have had some decent sales; Mary Wilson is said to have not sold well.

Yes, I mixed up Red Hot with Mary Wilson. I think I even ordered the large single of it but I think I gave it to a Wilson fan who could not find it. I should go looking.

@jobeterob, I couldn't find the page you tried to link to...got a main page about a Bruce Springsteen fan blog. The link didn't take me to the drill down to the album sales page. Not sure why.

The "Red Hot" single promo 12" came in red vinyl. Not sure if the commercial release came that way or not. Fun to have. I can't remember if I have it or not.