[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Working On Reality Show Project About Professional Afro-Americam Women

25th Aug 2015 11:54am | By James Clark

The Supremes the premier act of Motown Records during the 1960s.

They were the most commercially successful Motown acts then and still are to this day, with 12 number one singles. In the mid-1960s, the Supremes rivaled the Beatles and their success made it possible for todays R&B musicians to find mainstream success.

Mary Wilson one of the band’ forming members:

1) What do you have planned for the next year?

For the next year I will continue with acting classes, working on my coffee table book and I’m also working on a new project: a reality show based on professional Afro-American women; and continue to tour. I have more shows at the start of 2016.

2) What made you want to do Legends Live?

Promoters asked me if I would do it. They were putting together the show and I immediately said ‘yeah I’m interested’ and of course the women participating in it intrigued me so much, so when I heard those names I said ‘yes’.

3) What do you want to do after you have finished the tour?

After I’ve finished the tour in the UK, I’m coming back to the States and doing more shows. I’m doing shows with Freda Payne performing Band of Gold and some jazz shows.

4) What do you think of the changing music business?

I think it sucks. I’m sure people who are making music now don’t think it sucks cos they are making money but we have lost a lot of things like radio, record shops, you don’t have DJs spinning records, and generally the whole thing is different - a different business. U have to be your own manager so to speak, making records is different – people go online to listen and I don’t do that, so there are a lot of different things. But I’m sure there are some good things.

5) What would you change about it?

What I would change is that there are a lot of people who have been in the business who are still relevant, so I would add somewhere for those people to record and put their music out today, older artists can’t get records played on radio. They are still touring but they can’t get Okayed for radio

http://www.tntmagazine.com/entertain...f-the-supremes

SupremeBoy Guest
    You have to admire that she continues to get work and is still out there doing what she loves the most. Most people don't get those kind of blessings in life. I wish her continued success on all of her endeavors. She's a survivor.

It's good that Mary keeps herself busy when she could be forgiven for taking it easy. She obviously loves doing what she does and so long as she continues to receive support from her fans I suspect she will continue to entertain us for as long as she can. SupremeBoy is right - she is indeed a survivor.

She is definitely a survivor and she loves what she does.

There is a CBC Radio Series on the History of Music. I heard the last portion of it again this summer when they talk about how in the 90's, one in one hundred CDs would make masses and mountains of money and the record companies were taking ALL the money. And how it has now collapsed and the only way you can make money now is to tour.

Touring England with Roberta and Dionne is pretty significant and with her other shows and humanitarian efforts I hope shes taking good care of herself.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Touring England with Roberta and Dionne is pretty significant and with her other shows and humanitarian efforts I hope shes taking good care of herself.
    He last time I spoke with Mary she was still keeping up with her yoga. I remember Patti L telling us how she would order shrimp while on the road to eat somewhat healthy. I can't imagine how hard it is to eat healthy on he road.

I agree Supremeboy,Mary Wilson IS a survivor,Mary just keeps working,i'd love to see her do a Reality show,it's work,it pays,there's no slowin' her down,i love me some Mary Wilson.

Mary is a truly remarkable woman whether you know her story or not. She's an inspiration in a lot of ways.

She may not have an iconic solo career like Diana Ross, but she has maintained steady and respectable work throughout the years, throwing out there new and exciting ideas, and keeping up in a business that has long since attempted to discard those rock and roll stars of the sixties [[which is quite ironic, considering the new trend for "vintage" in today's music).

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    I agree Supremeboy,Mary Wilson IS a survivor,Mary just keeps working,i'd love to see her do a Reality show,it's work,it pays,there's no slowin' her down,i love me some Mary Wilson.
    It definitely pays. Mary Wilson has so many money streams it's not even funny!