[REMOVE ADS]

Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22 62 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,600 of 3827

Thread: Remember when?

Lines!! We ladies remember, so well, waiting in line for a rest room. Always a long line in many places -- football games, concerts, movie theaters. More modern facilities have tried to correct the injustice. Maybe there are female architects now.

I remember co-eds rushing into the men's room at Michigan Stadium. Always a mad dash at the end of some performance. Auto plants had ladies' rooms up in the rafters of the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    how about this classic:
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,i remember that one..maybe it had kyptonite on it.

Hey remember when sports stadiums were names either for the team or the city they played in? Not these silly bank names of today?

Remember when sports teams stayed in their original cities? It's hard to keep track of now.

Yep...remember when football players would just hand the ball to the referee instead of jumping up and down like they just won the superbowl?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Yep...remember when football players would just hand the ball to the referee instead of jumping up and down like they just won the superbowl?
    Funny. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by 9A View Post
    Remember when sports teams stayed in their original cities? It's hard to keep track of now.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  21.1 KB
    No! I don't remember such a time. Not for very long during ANY era. When I was young, The Boston Yanks moved To New York to Become The Bulldogs in 1949, then The N.Y. Yankees in 1950. They moved to Dallas in 1952, becoming The Texans. They moved to Baltimore in 1953 to become The NFL's 2nd "Baltimore Colts" [[the first had folded in 1952). They later moved to Indianapolis, and The Cleveland Browns moved To Baltimore to become The Ravens. In 1953, The Boston Braves moved to Milwaukee. In 1954, The St. Louis Browns moved to Baltimore, to become The Orioles. In 1955, The Philadelphia A's moved to Kansas City. In 1949, The Tri-City Hawks moved to Milwaukee. In 1955, The Milwaukee Hawks moved to St. Louis. They moved on to Atlanta in 1968. In 1955, The Rochester Royals moved to Cincinnati. In 1954, The Fort Wayne Pistons moved to Detroit. In 1959, The Syracuse Nationals moved to Philadelphia, when The Philadelphia warriors moved to San Francisco. In 1960, The Minneapolis Lakers moved to L.A. In 1958, The New York Baseball Giants moved to San Francisco, and The Brooklyn Dodgers moved to L.A. In 1963, The Chicago Zephyrs [[who had previously been The Packers) moved to Baltimore to become The Bullets. They later moved to Washington, D.C. In 1961, The Washington Nationals [[Senators) moved to Minneapolis/St. Paul to become The Twins. The Atlanta Flames moved to Calgary, The Atlanta Thrashers moved to Winnipeg to become The Jets. The first Jets moved to Pheonix to become The Coyotes. The Quebec Nordiques moved to Colorado[[Denver) to become The Avalanche. The New York Americans moved to Brooklyn. The Colorado Rockies moved to New Jersey to become The Devils. The Vancouver Grizzlies moved to Memphis. The New Orleans NBA team moved. The Montreal Royals moved To D.C. In 1960, The Chicago Cardinals moved to St. Louis.
    The Seattle Sonics moved to Oklahoma City. The Dallas Texans moved to Kansas City to become The Chiefs. The Buffalo Braves moved to San Diego to become The Clippers and later, moved to L.A. The L.A. Chargers moved to San Diego in 1961. The L.A. Angels moved to Anaheim. The Pittsburgh Pirates [[NHL) moved to Philadelphia to become The Quakers. The Old Ottawa Senators moved to St. Louis to become The Eagles. The Canton Buldogs moved from Canton [[Ohio) to Cleveland. The Seattle Pilots moved to Milwaukee to become The Brewers. The earlier Brewers [[1902) moved to St Louis, to become the [[new) Browns. The old Browns became The Maroons in 1892, then Cardinals in 1898. The Old Baltimore Orioles moved in 1903, to New York to become The Highlanders, who later, became The Yankees. The Cleveland Rams moved to L.A. then to Anaheim, then to St. Louis, then back to L.A. The Boston Redskins moved to Washington, D.C. Don't get me started on The All-America Conference, ABL, ABA Major league American association, etc.

Just when was there EVER even a 5-7 year gap when a franchise in at least one of the big 4 North American sports major leagues didn't experience a franchise move? When was that very stable time for which you are so nostalgic?
    Last edited by robb_k; 10-30-2020 at 05:11 PM.

All I remember was the Detroit Tigers, Lions. Red Wings and Pistons were and still are
    the same. but I'm only a girl. The stadiums changed names a few times. Now I know why my father always called Briggs Stadium Navin Field, which became Tigers' Stadium and I think is now Comerica Park. It's a crime.

I guess I'm not as much of a sports fan as I used to be because I have no idea when the Houston Astros and Milwaukee Brewers switched conferences, let alone why. The only constant that we can recognize in organized sports is the fact that nothing stays the same for very long. It's too bad the pro teams can hold the potential to move to another city over their fans' heads.

It's enough to make your nose bleed. Moving franchises have really kept up the pace that they've always had. I'm still trying to get used to saying "Los Angeles Chargers" and "Las Vegas Raiders". The NBA's Buffalo Braves moved to become the San Diego Clippers and they moved to LA a few years ago. The Kansas City Kings are now in Sacramento. The Oklahoma City Thunder were the Seattle Supersonics. And just when the [[former Charlotte) Hornets was easy for me to associate with New Orleans, the name of the team moved back to Charlotte to replace the awkwardly named Bobcats. I remember when the New Orleans Jazz moved to Salt Lake City to become the Utah Jazz. Do they even play jazz in Utah?

And although colleges don't move from city to city, there was a time when the Syracuse Orange and Boston College Eagles were in the Big East, not the ACC. Nebraska was in the Big 12, which was once the Big 8 but also the Southwest Conference. Now, Nebraska is in the Big Ten, which somehow has 14 teams [[I guess four of them are little). There actually a brief moment when the Big Ten had 12 teams and the Big 12 had 10 teams. You almost had to go to college to figure out what was going on. Oh, and the Pac 12 has 14 teams in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I guess I'm not as much of a sports fan as I used to be because I have no idea when the Houston Astros and Milwaukee Brewers switched conferences, let alone why. The only constant that we can recognize in organized sports is the fact that nothing stays the same for very long. It's too bad the pro teams can hold the potential to move to another city over their fans' heads.

It's enough to make your nose bleed. Moving franchises have really kept up the pace that they've always had. I'm still trying to get used to saying "Los Angeles Chargers" and "Las Vegas Raiders". The NBA's Buffalo Braves moved to become the San Diego Clippers and they moved to LA a few years ago. The Kansas City Kings are now in Sacramento. The Oklahoma City Thunder were the Seattle Supersonics. And just when the [[former Charlotte) Hornets was easy for me to associate with New Orleans, the name of the team moved back to Charlotte to replace the awkwardly named Bobcats. I remember when the New Orleans Jazz moved to Salt Lake City to become the Utah Jazz. Do they even play jazz in Utah?

And although colleges don't move from city to city, there was a time when the Syracuse Orange and Boston College Eagles were in the Big East, not the ACC. Nebraska was in the Big 12, which was once the Big 8 but also the Southwest Conference. Now, Nebraska is in the Big Ten, which somehow has 14 teams [[I guess four of them are little). There actually a brief moment when the Big Ten had 12 teams and the Big 12 had 10 teams. You almost had to go to college to figure out what was going on. Oh, and the Pac 12 has 14 teams in it.
Views: 462
    Switching conferences is much more common than what The Astros and The Brewers did. I could probably give you 50 examples of THAT! What The Astros and The Brewers did was MUCH, MUCH more drastic than that. They switched LEAGUES!

Is Los Angeles "The Land of LAKES??? - Where they would name a vocation or avocation "Lakers", for people who navigate on or do things regularly on lakes? What if The Brewers would move to Topeka , Kansas [[in a "dry county", and a "relatively dry" state)?

It IS true that there was a long period of franchise locational stability, at least in US Major League Baseball for 50 years, from 1903-1953. But, during THAT stable period in baseball, there were many, many franchise shifts in pro football, The NHL. and The NBA.

But even oldies like me, and Ralph, and Dennis, and the rest of us Wartime Babies or Baby Boomers, never had a time in our lives when sports franchises weren't moving from place to place.
    Last edited by robb_k; 10-30-2020 at 07:32 PM.

All I remember was the Detroit Tigers, Lions. Red Wings and Pistons were and still are
    the same. but I'm only a girl. The stadiums changed names a few times. Now I know why my father always called Briggs Stadium Navin Field, which became Tigers' Stadium and I think is now Comerica Park. It's a crime.
Views: 467
    As far as I remember, when Walter Briggs bought The Tigers, Navin Field had its name changed to Briggs Stadium, after some alterations. Then, many years later, a NEW Briggs Stadium was built. So, now you know the REAL reason your father referred to it as "Navin Field".

I remember when they would have been benched a long time for celebrating before winning a game. In fact, even having a big celebration after winning even a normal game was frowned upon when I was young. Now the football players practise their choreographed 6-man celebratory dance steps even more hours than they practise their football skills and plays.

Even in hockey, now, they run down a hi-five line with ALL their teammates after every goal, even when they are a bottom-dwelling team, and in games when they are down by 6 or 7 goals. It's ridiculous. When I was playing, you'd be benched a good long time for doing that. And if you did it again, you'd likely be dropped from that team.

But then, who'd ever have believed that the bulk of The US population would ever be so ignorant, and The US president would commit felonies and claim that he is permanently immune from prosecution because of his office, and he would act like a dictator, ignoring the laws, and half the population would be okay with that? Who would believe that half the population wouldn't care if the other half has access to decent medical care? -So, what used to be an educated country now has its "average citizen" getting a worse level of quality of medical care than almost all other 1st World countries. The whole World is Crazy, so sports franchise movement is an extremely minor beef. And don't get me started on the level of education.

Instead of going so far off topic, I should just have written........"Remember when most of the people had at least HALF a Brain???"

[[Sorry for seeming like an angry old man. I should just stick to yelling at the young kids to get off my lawn! - But I can't tell who's running on my lawn, because I haven't been there in almost a year, because of Covid-19).
    Last edited by robb_k; 10-30-2020 at 07:30 PM.

The Detroit Lions didn't even begin in Detroit - they began as the Portsmouth [[Ohio) Spartans in 1928 and moved to Detroit in 1934!

From Wikipedia: "Portsmouth residents agreed to fund the construction of a football stadium that was comparable to those in neighboring communities along the Ohio River. That approval prompted the National Football League to grant the city a franchise on July 12, 1930."

So just a few years after the Portsmouth residents had paid for a stadium to be built, the team packed up and left. Some things haven't changed!

Last edited by calvin; 10-31-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Well, Calvin, I am not that old to remember that. I was citing all I could
    remember. I couldn't even tell you who the soccer team is.

Your Moving Graph video is very kewl. Everyone should take the time
    to go back and watch it. Ralph, if you read this far, go watch the video
    and turn on the sound. Marching band music. Only about 3 minutes.
    Last edited by 9A; 10-31-2020 at 01:31 AM.

I also liked that video, Nina - you see teams disappearing as they left the league, new teams popping up as they joined the league, and teams moving from one city to another. Compared to the changes before, the NFL has actually been quite stable since the 1970 NFL/AFL merger. In many of the early years one has to pause the video to read all the changes that took place in a single year, there were so many.

No team has left the league since the Dallas Texans, who joined the league for a single season [[1952), went 1-11, then folded. Their opening game at the Cotton Bowl drew less than 18,000 fans and it was downhill from there as they lost game after game. The owners needed financial help but couldn't find it so they gave up the franchise with 5 games left in the season! The Texan's final two "home" games were played in Akron, Ohio - where they got their only win, beating the Chicago Bears before a "crowd" of 3000. At the end of the season, no one wanted to buy the team. A new team that was just joining the league, the Baltimore Colts [[the second team with that name, the first had folded a couple of years before), took on the Texan's players who were good enough to make the roster.

Today, with all the television money, even the worst teams in the smallest markets are worth more than $1 billion. A team might be sold and move to a new city, but no team would simply close down today.
    Last edited by calvin; 10-31-2020 at 11:02 AM.

The all-American pastime.

I loved hockey when I was young. Played on a few teams and followed the Red Wings. What amazes me today was there was only 6 teams in the NHL at that time.

There's a similar video for the NHL - very stable compared to the NFL, a lot of expansion starting in 1967, not too much movement:

mlb:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDbXuJ64XrM&t=83s

nba:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEkBPKz2fPA
    Last edited by calvin; 10-31-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 462
    Switching conferences is much more common than what The Astros and The Brewers did. I could probably give you 50 examples of THAT! What The Astros and The Brewers did was MUCH, MUCH more drastic than that. They switched LEAGUES!
    You're quite right. I never see the AL and NL as being separate entities for some reason, even though they conduct their business somewhat differently [[especially with the DH).

You're quite right. I never see the AL and NL as being separate entities for some reason, even though they conduct their business somewhat differently [[especially with the DH).
    Yes THAT - the AL adopting the designated hitter rule - was the most drastic MLB change in my years, as it was a rule change which changed the strategy of the game significantly. The NL used the DH this year to protect pitchers from injury - supposedly a one-off for covid - but that rule change will likely become permanent, either next year or in 2022.

Expansion was the next biggest change, and this was the main driving force behind division creation/reorganization and the two examples of teams switching leagues [[team relocations also played a lesser role). These changes were made to keep the divisions and leagues [[about) the same size, with the divisions not too large or too spread out geographically. Playoffs were also a result of expansion - prior to 1969, the AL and NL regular season winners met in the World Series.

There was talk in the 1990s of a radical realignment into two new leagues based on geography - an East and a West league. But baseball fans tend to be traditionalists so MLB was more cautious, introducing interleague play instead.

In Milwaukee's case, the move didn't seem so drastic. The fans were said to be in favor of the move and Milwaukee wasn't viewed as having any great rivalry in the AL that it would be giving up. The Milwaukee Braves had had a rivalry with the Cubs and it was hoped that a Brewers-Cubs rivalry would develop, with many fans of each team attending the away games in the other city. They faced each other in interleague play as a test and apparently the games were very popular.

Houston is another story - the Astros were in the NL for many more years than the Brewers in the AL and, unlike Milwaukee, Houston had no history of being in the other league. It seems they had to be persuaded/forced to change. The move was done to make the number of teams in the AL and NL, and in each division, the same. It put the Astros in the same division as the Texas Rangers.
    Last edited by calvin; 11-01-2020 at 03:21 PM.

It's hard to get divisions and conferences right. When I became a fan of the NFL, my beloved Atlanta Falcons were in the NFC West [[!) along with New Orleans. That required them to fly to the left coast twice a year to play the Rams and 49ers and vice versa. I guess logistics and common sense were foreign concepts back then. Now, the only teams that are truly out of place are the Cowboys [[NFC East) and Indianapolis Colts [[AFC South). And perhaps the Baltimore Ravens [[AFC North), who are rivals of the other three teams in the division [[which is why the Colts aren't in the North).

The only team that's truly out of place in the NBA is the Minnesota Timberwolves, who play in the Northwest alongside Oklahoma City, Utah, Portland and Denver. Detroit is somehow in the NHL's Atlantic Division and Nashville, which is east of the Mississippi, is somehow in the Western Conference. Teams that are misaligned are truly at a competitive and financial disadvantage.

It's hard to get divisions and conferences right. When I became a fan of the NFL, my beloved Atlanta Falcons were in the NFC West [[!) along with New Orleans. That required them to fly to the left coast twice a year to play the Rams and 49ers and vice versa. I guess logistics and common sense were foreign concepts back then. Now, the only teams that are truly out of place are the Cowboys [[NFC East) and Indianapolis Colts [[AFC South). And perhaps the Baltimore Ravens [[AFC North), who are rivals of the other three teams in the division [[which is why the Colts aren't in the North).

The only team that's truly out of place in the NBA is the Minnesota Timberwolves, who play in the Northwest alongside Oklahoma City, Utah, Portland and Denver. Detroit is somehow in the NHL's Atlantic Division and Nashville, which is east of the Mississippi, is somehow in the Western Conference. Teams that are misaligned are truly at a competitive and financial disadvantage.
Views: 380
    After the new arena for The NHL's new [[2021-22) Seattle team gets finished a new Seattle NBA team will likely move in there, either an expansion team, or a franchise relocation.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    i remember when they would have been benched a long time for celebrating before winning a game. In fact, even having a big celebration after winning even a normal game was frowned upon when i was young. Now the football players practise their choreographed 6-man celebratory dance steps even more hours than they practise their football skills and plays.

Even in hockey, now, they run down a hi-five line with all their teammates after every goal, even when they are a bottom-dwelling team, and in games when they are down by 6 or 7 goals. It's ridiculous. When i was playing, you'd be benched a good long time for doing that. And if you did it again, you'd likely be dropped from that team.

But then, who'd ever have believed that the bulk of the us population would ever be so ignorant, and the us president would commit felonies and claim that he is permanently immune from prosecution because of his office, and he would act like a dictator, ignoring the laws, and half the population would be okay with that? Who would believe that half the population wouldn't care if the other half has access to decent medical care? -so, what used to be an educated country now has its "average citizen" getting a worse level of quality of medical care than almost all other 1st world countries. The whole world is crazy, so sports franchise movement is an extremely minor beef. And don't get me started on the level of education.

Instead of going so far off topic, i should just have written........"remember when most of the people had at least half a brain???"

[[sorry for seeming like an angry old man. I should just stick to yelling at the young kids to get off my lawn! - but i can't tell who's running on my lawn, because i haven't been there in almost a year, because of covid-19).
    haaaaaaaa,robb you da man,lombardi is turning over in his grave,can you imagine one of his players jumpin and flippin after a touch down with the game still in doubt,and what's the deal with players keeping the ball everytime they score? Damn is that why they're outthere?

It always tickles me. They're just a bunch of kids.

Remember when christmas things appeared in stores after thanksgiving instead of right after labor day?

Wouldn't it be so much easier to make a monetary donation to food banks instead of traditional presents this year? Can be done from home for most of us.

I agree, Nina. And in a similar vein, I wish groups like the Girl Scouts would just pass out charity receipts instead of selling cookies for five bucks a box. I'd seriously give them $20 every time they knocked on my door and they could keep all of it. The receipt would just be so the little snots didn't pocket the money that I gave them. As it is, I don't like the cookies so I might generously buy two boxes of which they can only keep a couple bucks for their troop. Same goes for schools who send their kids out selling calendars, candles, t-shirts and other odds and ends that I never buy.

Before I retired, if my tithes were short of 10% of my salary [[you can't always know your overtime and some other income during the course of the year), my wife and I would cut a check to various charities to make up the amount of the 10% that we missed. One year, we gave $500 bucks to our open shelter and a similar amount to Doctors Without Borders.

Quote Originally Posted by 9a View Post
    wouldn't it be so much easier to make a monetary donation to food banks instead of traditional presents this year? Can be done from home for most of us.
    becareful s9..greasy grady once made a christmas donation...and they almost had to cancel christmas!!

In the spirit of christmas..remember when you would get your tree on christmas eve with snow falling and laugh all the way home?? Where did those days go??

The last Christmas tree that I had was nearly 30 years ago and I got it on Christmas Eve when the remaining trees are free. I'm just not big on secular Christmas and the symbols that go along with it. I get absolutely no fond remembrance of Christmases past when I walk into a decorated house. I don't even care to hear Christmas carols anymore.

With that being said, I'm happy to hear more people saying "Happy Hannukah" this season, which makes their "Merry Christmas" wishes later sound more genuine. For some reason, Hannukah wishes haven't been as freely offered as Christmas wishes in years past. God bless us, everyone.

BTW: Happy Hannukah Nina and Robb! Love you guys.

Hey, thanks Jerry. I love Christmas symbols and songs. We have two large poinsettias, a little loaded tree on a table, lights all over the place and real sleigh bells across Ralph's keyboard. We have a fir scented candle. I have been lighting a menorah that has "klezmer" minstrel musicians to hold each candle. Our doorbell is set to play "Here Comes Santa Claus."

That being said, holidays can be a major source of stress and disappointment for so many, as well as joy and mirth for others. Let's just all be warm and well fed. I think I'll bake a ham.

Merry, happy whatever, guys.

Love,
    Nina [[9A)

My Klezmer Menorah

Name:  menorah.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  20.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 9a View Post
    hey, thanks jerry. I love christmas symbols and songs. We have two large poinsettias, a little loaded tree on a table, lights all over the place and real sleigh bells across ralph's keyboard. We have a fir scented candle. I have been lighting a menorah that has "klezmer" minstrel musicians to hold each candle. Our doorbell is set to play "here comes santa claus."

that being said, holidays can be a major source of stress and disappointment for so many, as well as joy and mirth for others. Let's just all be warm and well fed. I think i'll bake a ham.

Merry, happy whatever, guys.

Love,
    nina [[9a)
    ham?? I luuuuuuuv ham...on my way,hehehehe!!!

ham?? I luuuuuuuv ham...on my way,hehehehe!!!
    Bring yer masque.

A friend of mine wrote an article about Thanksgiving...and referred to a place in the house called...'The Front Room'.....usually a living room or dining room with "untouchable or heavily covered" furniture...sometimes called "the Parlor"...by the high sedity. Haven't heard that term in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    A friend of mine wrote an article about Thanksgiving...and referred to a place in the house called...'The Front Room'.....usually a living room or dining room with "untouchable or heavily covered" furniture...sometimes called "the Parlor"...by the high sedity. Haven't heard that term in decades.
    And what was a "drawing room?" Now many houses have a great room, which consists of a living room and/or den or family room, which may be the giant TV watching room. Our
    "great room" is our front room, our living/family room and our dining room. No walls separating the designated functions. We have a tiny "foyer" inside the front door with a floor lamp and a bench. Maybe this is our "parlor."

Oh, our great room is also Ralph's "conservatory" since it has his keyboard. It has large glass windows there, but is near the TV.

My folks used "front room" interchangably with "living room". I'm not sure whether the room in front of my place is my living room or my family room. It rarely used, my Boo and I watch TV in the other space [[which has a common area that serves as our dining room) so I guess that's the family room. If so, nobody really lives in the living room. Whatever. So many words for basically the same places in everybody's home.

Here's another word -- "cellar."

I'll never forget my surprise when I moved to Memphis and found out that nobody there had basements. For a place that had beaucoup severe weather incidents every year, you'd think there'd be somewhere to go when they struck.

My folks used "front room" interchangably with "living room". I'm not sure whether the room in front of my place is my living room or my family room. It rarely used, my Boo and I watch TV in the other space [[which has a common area that serves as our dining room) so I guess that's the family room. If so, nobody really lives in the living room. Whatever. So many words for basically the same places in everybody's home.
    Don't forget den!

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Don't forget den!
    Looks like destruction already mentioned it.

Here's a lyric sung by Barbra Streisand in "Funny Girl" -- from Second Hand Rose --

Even our piano in the parlor
    Daddy bought for ten cents on the dollar

So why was there a piano in the parlor?
    Last edited by 9A; 12-14-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Here's a lyric sung by Barbra Streisand in "Funny Girl" -- from Second Hand Rose --

Even our piano in the parlor
    Daddy bought for ten cents on the dollar

So why was there a piano in the parlor?
    To play of course! Big parlour, no doubt.

Ya mean not just to display family photos or knick-knacks?

Ya mean not just to display family photos or knick-knacks?
    Nah, that's what you used your broken TV for. Folks that I used to know would never throw out their old TVs. They'd use them to put photos, clocks, fish tanks and smaller TVs on. They're so thin and cheap now, people toss TVs out without a second thought when they stop working.

How many of you observe the background of TV personalities who are broadcasting from home? I look at everything. What plants they have. What color their walls are. Pictures on their walls. What their mantle looks like. Are there Emmy's on a shelf? Menorahs? Gold records?

Also, I just love when their dog wants to be on camera.

A new career could be developed "staging" the backgrounds. The decorator could even
    provide lots of books.
    Last edited by 9A; 12-16-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Hey jerry, like everything else back in the day, those old tv's were built like tanks, and as you say nobody threw em out, where did the time go??

How many of you observe the background of TV personalities who are broadcasting from home? I look at everything. What plants they have. What color their walls are. Pictures on their walls. What their mantle looks like. Are there Emmy's on a shelf? Menorahs? Gold records?

A new career could be developed "staging" the backgrounds. The decorator could even
    provide lots of books.
    I tend to look at their bookcases. My wife focuses on their artwork. I think it's the funniest thing in the world when you see a kid trying to get somebody's attention or when a spouse realizes he/she's in the background of a live broadcast and rushes to get off camera.

Hey jerry, like everything else back in the day, those old tv's were built like tanks, and as you say nobody threw em out, where did the time go??
    Those days are gone, Bruh. They make TVs now that will break if you sneeze on them.

provide lots of books.
    I lurv looking at celebrities who are in a room that is the size of most 1 bedroom apartments!! Tom Hanks, for example.