[REMOVE ADS]




Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11 51 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,050 of 3070

Thread: Remember when?

  1. #3001
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Remember when we would be so happy just play with our little sparklers on the fourth,and only the bad boys set off cherry bombs...until we got older and became the bad boys who set off cherry bombs!!! Hehehehe!!
    We used to find somebody to give us Black Cats, which were bad enough. But then, somebody would always get an M-80 that you could hear from blocks away. Supposedly, they were a quarter stick of dynamite. There were always urban legends about some schlob who didn't toss one in time and it blew three of his fingers off his hand. Sounds like Jai heard the same legends.


  2. #3002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    We used to find somebody to give us Black Cats, which were bad enough. But then, somebody would always get an M-80 that you could hear from blocks away. Supposedly, they were a quarter stick of dynamite. There were always urban legends about some schlob who didn't toss one in time and it blew three of his fingers off his hand. Sounds like Jai heard the same legends.

    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  21.1 KB
    I was a ski guide for a blind skier who not only lost 2 fingers on each hand from that, but he became totally blind from it, too.

  3. #3003
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  21.1 KB
    I was a ski guide for a blind skier who not only lost 2 fingers on each hand from that, but he became totally blind from it, too.
    OMG! That is terrible Robb. Did the accident happen when the skier was a child?

  4. #3004
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Who remembers the TV show "Dobie Gillis"?
    I remember the re-runs when I was a kid. I always got a kick out of 'Zelda', played
    by Sheila James. After the show ended, Sheila was to have her own show (spin off
    of Doby Gillis). But....they found out she was gay and back then...there went your
    career. Sheila said to hell with it and went to law school (Harvard). She's done quite well for
    herself. You go, Sheila!
    https://supervisorkuehl.com/bio/
    Last edited by lakeside; 07-07-2019 at 06:59 PM.

  5. #3005
    What about when tv meant the whole family gathered in the den/ living room? And there was no talking until the commercials or one program ended. The set itself was on the floor. 'Bout the size of a college dorm fridge or dryer! (usually Zenith or Magnavox) No remote. Either someone was designated to turn or punch-in the channels (smallest or youngest) or Dad/Gramps told someone to.
    Dinnertime came, you left the area - tv remained on - and went/repaired to the dining room to eat. Us kids usually wolfed everything down, so as to see our "shows." The grownups by that point were jawin' away, oblivious! Dessert? Not until the grown folks finished yapping!! Then, and only then, could you eat in front of the television set!

    No tv in anyone's room! Dinner as a family! Be respectful or to your room without dessert!!

  6. #3006
    Haaaaaaaaaaa,not only no tv in anyone's room,we only had one tv for the whole house when i was a kid.

  7. #3007
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    OMG! That is terrible Robb. Did the accident happen when the skier was a child?
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  21.1 KB
    He was at teenager when it happened. He was sort of a reckless type, and a practical joker, with a good sense of humour. He was always playing tricks on people even after he became blind. We once changed the furniture around in his apartment.

    His whole life changed from that one careless act. But he didn't let that slow him down. He's a very nice guy. He used to treat everyone of us ski-club members to dinners at his father's Greek Restaurant in L.A.

  8. #3008
    Well,it's good that he keeps his chin up.

  9. #3009
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    What about when tv meant the whole family gathered in the den/ living room? And there was no talking until the commercials or one program ended. The set itself was on the floor. 'Bout the size of a college dorm fridge or dryer! (usually Zenith or Magnavox) No remote. Either someone was designated to turn or punch-in the channels (smallest or youngest) or Dad/Gramps told someone to.
    Dinnertime came, you left the area - tv remained on - and went/repaired to the dining room to eat. Us kids usually wolfed everything down, so as to see our "shows." The grownups by that point were jawin' away, oblivious! Dessert? Not until the grown folks finished yapping!! Then, and only then, could you eat in front of the television set!

    No tv in anyone's room! Dinner as a family! Be respectful or to your room without dessert!!
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  21.1 KB
    TV came into the average Canadian home later than in USA. We got our first in 1955. It was a big box console with radio, too. The screen was small. Yes, everyone sat watching it in the living room. There weren't so many regular programmes then. A lot of special events programmes. We had to watch Queen Elizabeth's coronation in a store-front window. Nobody we knew had a TV in their home in 1952.

    We weren't allowed to eat while watching TV. My extended family was about 33 for weekday dinners, and about 50 on weekends. Literally! We had a big dining room table, plus two card tables (children's tables) connecting into the hall towards the living room. Connected to them, moving across the living room were two connected long outside barbecue tables. Our clan occupied two adjacent duplexes, plus one adjacent free-standing house, plus another of those down the street, plus another on the next block. Three more families of Aunts', Uncles' and cousins joined us on weekends. We usually didn't turn on the TV when all 50 were there.
    Last edited by robb_k; 07-09-2019 at 04:56 PM.

  10. #3010
    Remember when the subject of[sex]was never ever talked about in front of us kids..now you can't turn on the tv without an add for[the pill..viagra..condoms]the old folks would surly[turn over in their graves].

  11. #3011
    Wow! What a story, Robb? Was it true Little Stevie was a prankster? Grabbing various female anatomy and claiming he trying to get where he was going? Or that he would also tell BG's unsuspecting staff that he wasn't really blind. And ",prove" it by telling them he knew what color dress or necktie they had on? (another jokester would inform little Steveland ahead of time) Inquiring mind wants to know!!

  12. #3012
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Remember when the subject of[sex]was never ever talked about in front of us kids..now you can't turn on the tv without an add for[the pill..viagra..condoms]the old folks would surly[turn over in their graves].
    And they had innocuous- sounding names for it - Birds and the Bees; The Talk. Hee hee

  13. #3013
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    TV came into the average Canadian home later than in USA. We got our first in 1955. It was a big box console with radio, too. The screen was small. Yes, everyone sat watching it in the living room. There weren't so many regular programmes then. A lot of special events programmes. We had to watch Queen Elizabeth's coronation in a store-front window. Nobody we knew had a TV in their home in 1952.

    We weren't allowed to eat while watching TV. My extended family was about 33 for weekday dinners, and about 50 on weekends. Literally! We had a big dining room table, plus two card tables (children's tables) connecting into the hall towards the living room. Connected to them, moving across the living room were two connected long outside barbecue tables. Our clan occupied two adjacent duplexes, plus one adjacent free-standing house, plus another of those down the street, plus another on the next block. Three more families of Aunts', Uncles' and cousins joined us on weekends. We usually didn't turn on the TV when all 50 were there.
    What about those foldable dinner trays? (Platic with metal legs) My grandparents used those whenever the cousins came over for Sunday dinner. 'Cause the oval table, which had the two-leaves dropped down, still was not big enough for everyone! The kitchen resembled one of those all-you-can-eat spots! Out of necessity, us kids took the trays into the den; where the big console Zenith was.

  14. #3014
    Any former "latch-key" kids out there?
    Experience with"going to the principal's office?"
    Run-is or near misses with truant officers?
    Mall mishaps?

    Please way in!

  15. #3015
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Remember when the subject of[sex]was never ever talked about in front of us kids..now you can't turn on the tv without an add for[the pill..viagra..condoms]the old folks would surly[turn over in their graves].
    Lucy and Ricky didn't even sleep in the same bed and somehow begat little Ricky. I guess Lucy and Desi had no such inclinations and we know how they begat little Desi. And can you imagine that you couldn't even see Barbara Eden's belly button in I Dream Of Jeannie when women regularly pop up on TV in beauty contests and beach scenes wearing barely three strips of masking tape? Don't even get me started on when the only four-letter word you heard on TV was Florida Evans shouting "Damn, damn, damn!" I'd get my mouth washed out with soap if I said the words that pop up on the children's shows these days.

  16. #3016
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Lucy and Ricky didn't even sleep in the same bed and somehow begat little Ricky. I guess Lucy and Desi had no such inclinations and we know how they begat little Desi. And can you imagine that you couldn't even see Barbara Eden's belly button in I Dream Of Jeannie when women regularly pop up on TV in beauty contests and beach scenes wearing barely three strips of masking tape? Don't even get me started on when the only four-letter word you heard on TV was Florida Evans shouting "Damn, damn, damn!" I'd get my mouth washed out with soap if I said the words that pop up on the children's shows these days.
    You couldn't even say the word "pregnant" on TV in those days.

  17. #3017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Lucy and Ricky didn't even sleep in the same bed and somehow begat little Ricky. I guess Lucy and Desi had no such inclinations and we know how they begat little Desi. And can you imagine that you couldn't even see Barbara Eden's belly button in I Dream Of Jeannie when women regularly pop up on TV in beauty contests and beach scenes wearing barely three strips of masking tape? Don't even get me started on when the only four-letter word you heard on TV was Florida Evans shouting "Damn, damn, damn!" I'd get my mouth washed out with soap if I said the words that pop up on the children's shows these days.
    Brraaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!! Jerry, my small intestine hurts!!
    Try this one on for size: Before Janet Jackson became Janet (there is a difference, you know). I distinctly recall her saying, roughly - 'I will never
    prance around stage half-naked! We know how that turned out!
    And to your other point, Jerry - on TV, if an act was in the bedroom, their feet/foot had to be on the floor! Golden age tv! And by the time those shows were reruns, it filtered into our personal lives! If you had girl company, Make sure that door is open! - Mom

  18. #3018
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Wow! What a story, Robb? Was it true Little Stevie was a prankster? Grabbing various female anatomy and claiming he trying to get where he was going? Or that he would also tell BG's unsuspecting staff that he wasn't really blind. And ",prove" it by telling them he knew what color dress or necktie they had on? (another jokester would inform little Steveland ahead of time) Inquiring mind wants to know!!
    Attachment 15990
    Ha! Ha! Little Stevie wasn't the only one! My friend did that a lot, too! He wasn't No Fool!!! Just about every male blind person I ever met (5) did that!

  19. #3019
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  21.1 KB
    He was at teenager when it happened. He was sort of a reckless type, and a practical joker, with a good sense of humour. He was always playing tricks on people even after he became blind. We once changed the furniture around in his apartment.

    His whole life changed from that one careless act. But he didn't let that slow him down. He's a very nice guy. He used to treat everyone of us ski-club members to dinners at his father's Greek Restaurant in L.A.
    He sounds like a remarkable guy. I had a friend lose his right foot hoping trains when we were 13. I wasn't with him at the time, but he went on to play 4 years of football in high school He later opened his own barber shop and has a restaurant in our hometown.

  20. #3020
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Any former "latch-key" kids out there?
    Experience with"going to the principal's office?"
    Run-is or near misses with truant officers?
    Mall mishaps?
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  21.1 KB
    Please way in!
    Our principal in elementary school took his belt off and whipped us. If you didn't want your kid whipped, you had to remove him from public school (and maybe hide him in your attic), because the Catholic school treated bad kids (and good kids) even worse! I don't think there were any private schools that DIDN'T use corporal punishment.

  21. #3021
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  21.1 KB
    TV came into the average Canadian home later than in USA. We got our first in 1955. It was a big box console with radio, too. The screen was small. Yes, everyone sat watching it in the living room. There weren't so many regular programmes then. A lot of special events programmes. We had to watch Queen Elizabeth's coronation in a store-front window. Nobody we knew had a TV in their home in 1952.

    We weren't allowed to eat while watching TV. My extended family was about 33 for weekday dinners, and about 50 on weekends. Literally! We had a big dining room table, plus two card tables (children's tables) connecting into the hall towards the living room. Connected to them, moving across the living room were two connected long outside barbecue tables. Our clan occupied two adjacent duplexes, plus one adjacent free-standing house, plus another of those down the street, plus another on the next block. Three more families of Aunts', Uncles' and cousins joined us on weekends. We usually didn't turn on the TV when all 50 were there.
    That is amazing too. To have so much family near by. Most of my uncles and aunts, cousins etc lived in the same city as us.

    I don't remember life before television since my parents bought their first set before I was born. We did not watch it during dinner either.

  22. #3022
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Haaaaaaaaaaa,not only no tv in anyone's room,we only had one tv for the whole house when i was a kid.
    It was like that at our house too until about 1969 when we got a TV for my brother and mine's room. Before that, back in the mid -sixties we did have a second, old television set in the attic where my brother and I would fight over whether to watch Batman or Lost In Space since they came on at the same time. LOL!

  23. #3023
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  21.1 KB
    TV came into the average Canadian home later than in USA. We got our first in 1955. It was a big box console with radio, too. The screen was small. Yes, everyone sat watching it in the living room. There weren't so many regular programmes then. A lot of special events programmes. We had to watch Queen Elizabeth's coronation in a store-front window. Nobody we knew had a TV in their home in 1952.

    We weren't allowed to eat while watching TV. My extended family was about 33 for weekday dinners, and about 50 on weekends. Literally! We had a big dining room table, plus two card tables (children's tables) connecting into the hall towards the living room. Connected to them, moving across the living room were two connected long outside barbecue tables. Our clan occupied two adjacent duplexes, plus one adjacent free-standing house, plus another of those down the street, plus another on the next block. Three more families of Aunts', Uncles' and cousins joined us on weekends. We usually didn't turn on the TV when all 50 were there.
    Robb, didn't have like a Barn Dance Show that was popular in Canada back in the day? I kind of remember watching a show like that as a kid on Canadian TV.

  24. #3024
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Remember when the subject of[sex]was never ever talked about in front of us kids..now you can't turn on the tv without an add for[the pill..viagra..condoms]the old folks would surly[turn over in their graves].
    I remember when most TV couples slept in separate beds like Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore. LOL!

  25. #3025
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Wow! What a story, Robb? Was it true Little Stevie was a prankster? Grabbing various female anatomy and claiming he trying to get where he was going? Or that he would also tell BG's unsuspecting staff that he wasn't really blind. And ",prove" it by telling them he knew what color dress or necktie they had on? (another jokester would inform little Steveland ahead of time) Inquiring mind wants to know!!
    My Mom remembers Stevie Wonder as a little kid when he would come to Toledo to perform. She said you could tell he was bad. LOL! Not evil, but mischievous. She said they would stand him up on a box so that the audience could see him while he played harmonica and sang. Those shows were in the civil ballroom so everyone was on the same level.

  26. #3026
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    And they had innocuous- sounding names for it - Birds and the Bees; The Talk. Hee hee
    Or like on the "Newly Wed Game" they would say "making Whoopee!" LOL! They thought were dumb as kids or something.

  27. #3027
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Any former "latch-key" kids out there?
    Experience with"going to the principal's office?"
    Run-is or near misses with truant officers?
    Mall mishaps?

    Please way in!
    I got my first house key when I was in the sixth grade. I got my first paddling by the principal when I was in Kindergarten LOL! I bust this guy named Robert's nose and it bleed all over his white, starched shirt that we wore to school in those days. I don't recall any interaction with a truant officers. I don't even think we had them. No problems at the Mall. By the time the Malls became popular, we were in Jr. High and High School. We were VERY mature for our ages at that time. I am less so now. LOL!

  28. #3028
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Our principal in elementary school took his belt off and whipped us. If you didn't want your kid whipped, you had to remove him from public school (and maybe hide him in your attic), because the Catholic school treated bad kids (and good kids) even worse! I don't think there were any private schools that DIDN'T use corporal punishment.
    That is exactly how it was for us! It was the 60s and you got your ass whipped in school and then again when you got home. The teacher or the Principal would pin a note on your back for your parents and you had better not take it off before you got home . My Principal when I was in Kindergarten, Mrs. Brinforder (she would be about 130 years old now if she were still alive LOL). She picked me up in her arms and paddled my fanny with one of those wooden paddles that usually had a rubber band connected to it with a ball on the end. I don't remember it hurting, but I remember being scared.

  29. #3029
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It was like that at our house too until about 1969 when we got a TV for my brother and mine's room. Before that, back in the mid -sixties we did have a second, old television set in the attic where my brother and I would fight over whether to watch Batman or Lost In Space since they came on at the same time. LOL!
    Marv, I had the same experience. Black and white tv sat on top of our dresser. We fought like animals. So one day, we crashed up against it and the b & w hit the floor. The channel knob snapped right off! Having no respect for electrical current/conduction, we used a needle nose pliers clamped to the knob stem! Hey! Can't miss Will & Penny. Or Adam West & Burgess Meredith (Penguin). Silly kids.

  30. #3030
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Lucy and Ricky didn't even sleep in the same bed and somehow begat little Ricky. I guess Lucy and Desi had no such inclinations and we know how they begat little Desi. And can you imagine that you couldn't even see Barbara Eden's belly button in I Dream Of Jeannie when women regularly pop up on TV in beauty contests and beach scenes wearing barely three strips of masking tape? Don't even get me started on when the only four-letter word you heard on TV was Florida Evans shouting "Damn, damn, damn!" I'd get my mouth washed out with soap if I said the words that pop up on the children's shows these days.
    Last week I was watching a Canadian television show on the CBC and they actually used the MF word several times. It was about these rough neck like Aboriginal or Indigenous peoples.

  31. #3031
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Brraaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!! Jerry, my small intestine hurts!!
    Try this one on for size: Before Janet Jackson became Janet (there is a difference, you know). I distinctly recall her saying, roughly - 'I will never
    prance around stage half-naked! We know how that turned out!
    And to your other point, Jerry - on TV, if an act was in the bedroom, their feet/foot had to be on the floor! Golden age tv! And by the time those shows were reruns, it filtered into our personal lives! If you had girl company, Make sure that door is open! - Mom
    I'll never forget. I was in high school and we always used our basement to "entertain" our girlfriends. One time my Mom was vacuuming down there, went over to the sofa and pull out my brown paper bag of condoms! She did it without even missing a beat and did not say a word. My parents knew everything we were doing all the time ! I didn't know that until years later LOL!!!!

  32. #3032
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Marv, I had the same experience. Black and white tv sat on top of our dresser. We fought like animals. So one day, we crashed up against it and the b & w hit the floor. The channel knob snapped right off! Having no respect for electrical current/conduction, we used a needle nose pliers clamped to the knob stem! Hey! Can't miss Will & Penny. Or Adam West & Burgess Meredith (Penguin). Silly kids.
    Well you guys were more advanced than us. Had that happened to me, my brother or my sister, we would tried to stick it back on with chewing gum! LOL! Chewing gum came in handy for almost everything it seems as a kid. LOL!!!

  33. #3033
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Or like on the "Newly Wed Game" they would say "making Whoopee!" LOL! They thought were dumb as kids or something.
    And what about that " sleeping with" replacing the act? Took me umpteen years to understand that one!!

  34. #3034
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Robb, didn't have like a Barn Dance Show that was popular in Canada back in the day? I kind of remember watching a show like that as a kid on Canadian TV.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  21.1 KB
    Yes, there was "Cross Canada Barn Dance" on CTV, I believe, and also "Circle 8 Ranch".

  35. #3035
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  21.1 KB
    Yes, there was "Cross Canada Barn Dance" on CTV, I believe, and also "Circle 8 Ranch".
    My memory is still working! LOL Thanks Robb!

  36. #3036
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I'll never forget. I was in high school and we always used our basement to "entertain" our girlfriends. One time my Mom was vacuuming down there, went over to the sofa and pull out my brown paper bag of condoms! She did it without even missing a beat and did not say a word. My parents knew everything we were doing all the time ! I didn't know that until years later LOL!!!!
    That's because they had eyes at the back of their heads...well, that's what my parents used to tell us.

  37. #3037
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    i'll never forget. I was in high school and we always used our basement to "entertain" our girlfriends. One time my mom was vacuuming down there, went over to the sofa and pull out my brown paper bag of condoms! She did it without even missing a beat and did not say a word. My parents knew everything we were doing all the time ! I didn't know that until years later lol!!!!
    haaaaa..basement???[rich kid,hehe]my relatives had basements,i had a small living room and mom would pop in about every five minutes just to say[hi,are you two having fun]and we had to smile and say-yes ma'm when i wanted to say..mom i could really have some fun if you'd go to the grocery store for oh say an hour,hehehe...no such luck.

  38. #3038
    Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    That's because they had eyes at the back of their heads...well, that's what my parents used to tell us.
    Like that episode of the "Dick Van Dyke Show" huh? LOL!!!! Kodiaks LOL!

  39. #3039
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    haaaaa..basement???[rich kid,hehe]my relatives had basements,i had a small living room and mom would pop in about every five minutes just to say[hi,are you two having fun]and we had to smile and say-yes ma'm when i wanted to say..mom i could really have some fun if you'd go to the grocery store for oh say an hour,hehehe...no such luck.
    LOL! I use to wish my parents would go out of town for the weekend. Every now and then, they did! Boy did we have fun LOL!!!! My father had this unnerving habit of listening in on your phone calls on the upstairs line. I knew he was doing it. One time when I was about 15, I asked him why he did that. He said "Because I can and it is my house!" LOL!

  40. #3040
    Parents would always every command: "Because I said so!" or "If you don't want to obey the rules, you can leave!"

  41. #3041
    Don't forget the infamous "if Jimmy wanted to jump off a tall building, would you do that too?" when you excused bad behavior by saying you did it because your friend led you into it.

  42. #3042
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Don't forget the infamous "if Jimmy wanted to jump off a tall building, would you do that too?" when you excused bad behavior by saying you did it because your friend led you into it.
    Yep! The I also remember. "I don't care what Mrs. Holmes let Kenny do, you're not going......!" hehehehehehehe!

  43. #3043
    Was there anything called "Child's or Kid's Rights" when you guys were kids? There was such thing where I grew up. LOL!

  44. #3044
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    was there anything called "child's or kid's rights" when you guys were kids? There was such thing where i grew up. Lol!
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...stop it i'm on the floor,child's rights-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...yeah we had the [right]to do as we were told and keep our little smart mouths closed,and if we decided that we had the[right]to talk back then they had the right to shut you up,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...kids rights,marv,you need to be on stage with that one-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

  45. #3045
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...stop it i'm on the floor,child's rights-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...yeah we had the [right]to do as we were told and keep our little smart mouths closed,and if we decided that we had the[right]to talk back then they had the right to shut you up,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...kids rights,marv,you need to be on stage with that one-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    OMG! I was just about to say, we had the right to shut and do what we were told! LOL! Call someone on your parents? You better be calling Ghost Busters, because you will not be able to sit down because your behind would be hurting so bad LOL!

  46. #3046
    Black parents gladly give their kids the phone when they threaten to call children's services on them. Most probably have a business card at the ready in case the dummies need the number.

  47. #3047
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Black parents gladly give their kids the phone when they threaten to call children's services on them. Most probably have a business card at the ready in case the dummies need the number.
    My father didn't even have that much patience with that kind of nonsense. I can hear him now. "You better shut up and get up there and go to bed before I get the belt"! LOL!

  48. #3048
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yep! The I also remember. "I don't care what Mrs. Holmes let Kenny do, you're not going......!" hehehehehehehe!
    And sometimes you got Mom's comeback"....then, go live with (fill in child/ or parent's name)!"

  49. #3049
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    And sometimes you got Mom's comeback"....then, go live with (fill in child/ or parent's name)!"

    i remember my sister was 7 she tried to run away. She packed a suitcase and everything. My mother met her at the door and open it for her. My sister walked about half block and got scared and came back! LOL!

  50. #3050
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..cute,just one look from mom and any thoughts like that quickly vanished...[and so did i before she read my mind,hehehe]!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.