[REMOVE ADS]

Page 66 of 77 FirstFirst ... 16 56 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 76 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,300 of 3827

Thread: Remember when?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Yeah, that's nothing. It blew my mind recently when the city opened public swimming pools for free during the heat wave. They said the normal fee was $1. Man, I never paid more than a dime to swim in a public pool and I was dumb enough to think it still cost that much.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  21.1 KB

That's a step up from just opening up the street fire hydrants, like they used to do in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, and New York, on extremely hot summer days [[there are a LOT more of those, nowadays!).

I still have my old[inflatable]pool from[1962]somewhere in my closet,unless my wife found it..she throws away everything-sigh!!

50 years ago in October 1969, this was on TV:

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    50 years ago in October 1969, this was on TV:

Karen Valentine and Denise Nicholas were my first TV crushes.

Karen Valentine and Denise Nicholas were my first TV crushes.
    Them and "Laurie" from the Partridge Family and every go go dancer on "Laugh-In" LOL!

Them and "Laurie" from the Partridge Family and every go go dancer on "Laugh-In" LOL!
    LOL. Consider how young we were [[7-8 years old) and already having an eye on the future. Some seeds get planted early.

LOL. Consider how young we were [[7-8 years old) and already having an eye on the future. Some seeds get planted early.
    That's back when I fell in love with Mary Wilson! It took some 35-40 years but I finally at least got a kiss on the lips from her and Wow! Where she did it was amazing. Right in front of the entire audience at the Westbury Music Fair in NY! LOL!

Marv,you are so lucky...i once was kissed by a mary,a girl i liked way back in the day was gonna give me a kiss but after i closed my eyes for the big moment,her dog[mary]gave me one in her place....she's probably still laughing over that one...yuke-dog germs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Marv,you are so lucky...i once was kissed by a mary,a girl i liked way back in the day was gonna give me a kiss but after i closed my eyes for the big moment,her dog[mary]gave me one in her place....she's probably still laughing over that one...yuke-dog germs!!!
    JAI you be killing me here! LOL!!!!!!!

I do feel lucky sometimes when I think back at all the people I've met and the things I've done not to have been a millionaire! We all have our best memories to look back on.

Remember not getting sad when your team lost,because as a kid we just loved watching em play..and i'm talking as a lifelong[washington senators fan]i really miss that childhood innocence and spirit.

I was always sad when my teams lost. And I was always sad because the Falcons never had back-to-back winning seasons until 2009. And the Fins have been to the playoffs once in this century. Thank God for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Tar Heels' men's basketball team.

Remember not getting sad when your team lost,because as a kid we just loved watching em play..and i'm talking as a lifelong[washington senators fan]i really miss that childhood innocence and spirit.
    Only time I was sad was when my high school teams would lose a big one like a State Playoff in Basketball or the City Championship in Football.

Well sports gang,looks like another-d.c.choke job,while i'm proud that the nats are in the big game,they shoulda won one game,dang this series is over...no way they win two again in houston..but great year nats-i'm still proud of ya!!

It ain't over yet, dude.

Ralpht,nats win,nats win...can you believe it??? I'm still pinching myself!!

Remember the signs in the old video stores.....Be kind and rewind! I feel old.

I chuckled at "video stores". I stream all of the movies that I watch now. Remember rushing to drop the videos into the slot by midnight to avoid paying another day's rental fee?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Remember the signs in the old video stores.....Be kind and rewind! I feel old.
Views: 687
    YOU feel old? I remember when no one in our neighbourhood had a TV in their houses. And when a cup of coffee was 5 cents and you got unlimited refills, when we still had our own comic books produced in Canada because we weren't allowed to import US comic books into Canada because of The War effort [[World War II). And I still remember when we sang "God Save The King", when King Edward was still on The Throne, before Queen Elizabeth. I still remember when The future Canadian Football League was still called "The Canadian Rugby League", and you could buy a dinner in a "sit-down restaurant" for $1.00 Canadian [[and also in USA for $1.00 US). I also remember when Newfoundland was NOT a Canadian Province, but was a separate Crown Colony of The British Empire.

At least I'm not so old yet that I still remember who I am, and how to talk, eat, and walk.

Robb,you're not old...you're classic!!

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 687
    YOU feel old? I remember when no one in our neighbourhood had a TV in their houses. And when a cup of coffee was 5 cents and you got unlimited refills, when we still had our own comic books produced in Canada because we weren't allowed to import US comic books into Canada because of The War effort [[World War II). And I still remember when we sang "God Save The King", when King Edward was still on The Throne, before Queen Elizabeth. I still remember when The future Canadian Football League was still called "The Canadian Rugby League", and you could buy a dinner in a "sit-down restaurant" for $1.00 Canadian [[and also in USA for $1.00 US). I also remember when Newfoundland was NOT a Canadian Province, but was a separate Crown Colony of The British Empire.

At least I'm not so old yet that I still remember who I am, and how to talk, eat, and walk.
    You're not old......you're great! I learn a lot from you. I did not know there was a time when Newfoundland was not a Province of Canada.

You're not old......you're great! I learn a lot from you. I did not know there was a time when Newfoundland was not a Province of Canada.
Views: 658
    But you DID know that The CFL used to be called The Canadian Rugby League?

Views: 658
    But you DID know that The CFL used to be called The Canadian Rugby League?
    Maybe. I can remember watching CFL's games on television as a kid. When did they stop referring to the league as the Canadian Rugby League?

ROBB,I OFFICIALLY NAME YOU......[drumroll-trumpets]THE SAGE OF SOULFUL DETROIT!!

I can remember watching CFL's games on television as a kid. When did they stop referring to the league as the Canadian Rugby League
Views: 548

Views: 548
    Ok then, no I don't remember. But now I know. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Ok then, no I don't remember. But now I know. Thank you and Merry Christmas!
    And Happy Hanukkah, Robb.

Views: 557
    Thanks! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Views: 557
    Thanks! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
    Happy Hanukkah!

Hey gang,how many good memories will we remember in[2020]?

Hey gang,how many good memories will we remember in[2020]?
    I hope a lot!

Remember when all you had to worry about was catching the Chicken Pox?

Marv, I was watching the news last week and they were saying that the "older population" was at most risk from COVID-19. I was thinking that was cool until I realized that I'm probably part of the older population.

Remember when you saw gray haired people and they were your grandparents and great aunts and uncles and not your friends?

Marv, I was watching the news last week and they were saying that the "older population" was at most risk from COVID-19. I was thinking that was cool until I realized that I'm probably part of the older population.

Remember when you saw gray haired people and they were your grandparents and great aunts and uncles and not your friends?
    Yep! and you're are hurting my feelings right now........LOL!!!! I remember when I was always the youngest one in my office, on my job, hehehehehehehe!

Haaaaaaaaaa.me too,now they call me-grampa-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh what happened???

Hey remember those old headboards with the sliding doors that our folks had back in the day? I don't know why i thought of that oh well just nastalgia i guess.

Hey remember those old headboards with the sliding doors that our folks had back in the day? I don't know why i thought of that oh well just nastalgia i guess.
Views: 395
    What's nastalgia??? Is that nasty memories that you LIKE???

What is a "headboard"??? Where I come from, a headboard is the wood board at top of the bed [[side where the pillows and the sleeper's head lies [[either connected or not to the entire wood or metal bed frame [[not connected to a metal one). I don't see how THAT kind of headbord can have sliding doors.

Haaaaaaaa,robb where i grew up there were headboards that were attached to the bed that had sliding door,where things were stored,in all this conversation here i'm surprised that nobody mentioned one.

Haaaaaaaa,robb where i grew up there were headboards that were attached to the bed that had sliding door,where things were stored,in all this conversation here i'm surprised that nobody mentioned one.
Views: 543
    Wow! In Europe the rooms for normal middle and upper middle class families are small, so they usually have the bed headboard against a wall. The wood bed frames may have drawers under the bed, but they almost always fill the whole length of the bed, and open from the side of the bed. That's where the linens [[comforter covers) and blankets are kept. In my many years in Canada and USA, I've NEVER seen drawers in a headboard. Are you sure you didn't mean "bedframe", which includes the boards under the mattress, and all 4 sides of the bed? The "headboard is just the board that goes behind the sleepers' heads, and is generally higher than the foot board.

I and my brother's first "big boy beds" were bunk beds that had the sliding little wooden doors in the headboard. I remember keeping my baseball cards in there.
    Last edited by marv2; 03-15-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks marv,you so good at showing these things,would you have a pic of one so our brother robb can see it?

Remember when we could go to the park and have picnics with lots of folks,seems like just a couple weeks ago!!

Remember these turtles you could buy at places like Woolworth's?
    I think they finally banned that. I would hope so. I think they carried
    salmonella.

Thanks marv,you so good at showing these things,would you have a pic of one so our brother robb can see it?
    I will have to look for one.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post

Remember these turtles you could buy at places like Woolworth's?
    I think they finally banned that. I would hope so. I think they carried
    salmonella.
    I had one like that in 1970 and I was in the 5th grade. One day I was cleaning his bowl in the bathroom. I put my turtle on the top of the toilet. He crawled off and fell into the toilet and that was that I'd seen of him.

Awww poor little snappy!

Or the Mumps or Measles?

Jerry, your a genuis! Nuff said.

Haaaaaaaaaa.me too,now they call me-grampa-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh what happened???
    What about when you adult children call you Pop/Pops?

Views: 395
    What's nastalgia??? Is that nasty memories that you LIKE???

What is a "headboard"??? Where I come from, a headboard is the wood board at top of the bed [[side where the pillows and the sleeper's head lies [[either connected or not to the entire wood or metal bed frame [[not connected to a metal one). I don't see how THAT kind of headbord can have sliding doors.
    Robb, that's why you are our Sage! Nastalgia. My new go-to word!

I and my brother's first "big boy beds" were bunk beds that had the sliding little wooden doors in the headboard. I remember keeping my baseball cards in there.
    Bunk beds were clearly the jam, back then. I remember the cool little from the top bunk. And my lil brother always would tumble off to the floor - in his sleep, no less!