[REMOVE ADS]

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Results 3,601 to 3,607 of 3607

Thread: Remember when?

In the late 60s and 70s, us kids' example of a gaming system (PS5, X Box) was UNO cards, checkers or backgammon!

One of the best nights of my life was when I was around 12 years old and my parents went to a Saturday night ball. They ordered a pizza and left my big sister in charge of my brother, my cousin Junior and me. We watched It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World until 11:00 PM and then played Monopoly until one or two o'clock. No video games. No cell phones or internet. No cable TV, just four kids (my sister was 15) having fun being kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    One of the best nights of my life was when I was around 12 years old and my parents went to a Saturday night ball. They ordered a pizza and left my big sister in charge of my brother, my cousin Junior and me. We watched It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World until 11:00 PM and then played Monopoly until one or two o'clock. No video games. No cell phones or internet. No cable TV, just four kids (my sister was 15) having fun being kids.
    Dope, Jer! I STILL watch Mad World!! Love the frenetic energy!! Dom DeLuise, etc.

Movies were so much better back in the day. I can't imagine a comparable cast of today's performers to what that movie put on screen. Spencer Tracy was actually great in a comedy! Of course, one of my favorite comedies was Blazing Saddles, a movie that couldn't even be made in 2020. It was Mel Brooks' magnum opus.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    one of the best nights of my life was when i was around 12 years old and my parents went to a saturday night ball. They ordered a pizza and left my big sister in charge of my brother, my cousin junior and me. We watched it's a mad, mad, mad, mad world until 11:00 pm and then played monopoly until one or two o'clock. No video games. No cell phones or internet. No cable tv, just four kids (my sister was 15) having fun being kids.
    you ain't never lied,those classic golden days are what happy memories are made of...i remember being five and my aunt left me with my uncle while she went to the store,now unk being a good soul let me sample some of his hooch,man we were staggering around and having a good time until auntie came home and almost killed him...my favorite uncle was never allowed to baby sit me after that,i wonder why??? The good ol days!!!

That explains a few things...

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    that explains a few things...
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!