[REMOVE ADS]

Those "Marvelous" Marvelettes.....hmmmmm.

Last edited by blueskies; 08-09-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Who are these ladies?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Who are these ladies?
    That is a good question.

These ladies look 40.

Who are these ladies?
    https://www.facebook.com/ineverworkedformotown

https://www.facebook.com/ineverworke...type=2&theater

Love it when the one pulls at the crotch of her dress and the one on the right seems to be having a 'head' issue whirling her weave all over creation. LOL What an insult to the name "Marvelettes"......and the 'Marvelous'.....I hardly think so.

Deniece spann morgan??????? Anyone??

The lady is entitled to put forward a reply

Denise Spann Morgan & The "Marvelous" Marvelettes The three of you are such a total waste of time! If you had ever bothered to simply have a conversation with me you would know who I am... But not knowing anything and acting like a bunch of fools on Facebook saying things that I am constantly sending to a lawyer because what you're doing is harassing me over something you don't understand at all. And Paul, if you think I do such a bad job paying tribute to these girls that I love dearly, you should talk to your own mother! I'm so through with you I'm through with your harassment on the week just driving mocs I'm through with your petty faggotness. If you wanted to know anything about me I would have been more than happy to tell you but now I don't give a flying flip what you think but all the people that you think you're a enlightening, know you for who you are and we'll see the end who wins. I don't lose because this ain't no game to me.. this is my life and I'll make sure it affect yours too ! Maxine Brown, Sarah Dash Louise Murray, Justine Washington, Katherine, this is the kind of crap I told you ladies I've been going through! I want you to read it for yourself thank you girls!

https://www.facebook.com/ineverworke..._t=share_reply

I think some of you might find this interesting...very interesting indeed. It certainly made me go WOW.....lololol

http://djbuddybeaverhausen.blogspot....ice-spann.html

After reading all the above, I'd say God gave more brains to popcorn......

Did you see her rant on Facebook. She was REAL angry!

Unless you mean the quote in your post # 8 then, no, I have not...and I'm more than happy to take your word for it... LOLOL

There's certainly a herd somewhere, missing her.

A rant on Facebook, or anywhere else, is someone making an ill-mannered defence of their own daydreams, simply to gain attention.

It would not happen where there is any genuine talent or reputation to protect.

Now, where are my beloved copies of 'The Marvelettes : Forever/ More'.....

This kills me....lol

BB: Have you had a relationship with Motown?
    DSM: I've sung back-ups for many of their artists. Friends with Mary Wells. Sang with The Temptations. They were all poorly handled and disrespected. Motown was very fixated on promoting Diana Ross and the Supremes. I was influenced by Fontella Bass, Dionne Warwick and a number of other artists from that label.

I still haven't worked out whether they're supposed to be a new incarnation of the Marvelettes or a tribute group. Can someone please enlighten me?

I've not a clue.....and it won't make any difference.....LOLOLOLOL

I'm completely bemused.

all I can say is "wow" & shake my head in wonder.

This is all a hooch hullucination and i will wake up any minute now......................???????

When you do, you'll still be more sober than she is....

With Gladys’s blessing! I don’t think so!

You gotta laugh......she got on her high horse and said she's gonna set her lawyers on to all those that complained and now she's deleted her post.

The fact that called our behaviour "Faggotness" said it all.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    You gotta laugh......she got on her high horse and said she's gonna set her lawyers on to all those that complained and now she's deleted her post.

The fact that called our behaviour "Faggotness" said it all.
    I agree. Shouldn't that be "faggoticity"?

Why can't she speak properly, like what we do.....

If she wasn't using the name 'Marvelettes', I could say she had a half decent voice, even if I'm unsure which half.....

And anyway, apart from what we think, doesn't someone have current legal ownership of the name 'The Marvelettes'? If so, she could be in trouble for suggesting an affiliation which does not exist....

Maybe berry should have held on to that one to prevent this type of thing from happening,what is[anne bogan]doing these days? Is she still performing,it would be nice if she formed a marvelettes group since she was a member..what's the word on anne?

Maybe berry should have held on to that one to prevent this type of thing from happening,what is[anne bogan]doing these days? Is she still performing,it would be nice if she formed a marvelettes group since she was a member..what's the word on anne?
    arr&bee, I had read several years ago that Ann returned to her hometown of Cleveland, Ohio and sings in a church choir. I can't remember if there was much else written other than she doesn't talk much about her time with the Marvelettes. I'll try and find where I read that and post it if I can.
    https://www.dustygroove.com/item/631475 I had posted this 3 years ago and had forgotten she was in this group. I never did get around to buy the CD....I'll have to look and see if it's still out there.
    Last edited by blueskies; 08-12-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks blueskies, always someone here with an answer...sdf forever!!

The lady on the far right appears to be songstress Alyson Williams & I didn't know that she worked with them, as I've known her to be a soloist & I know her & see her often at shows here in N.Y.C. And I've seen Alyson often, most recently 2 weeks ago & she's never mentioned anything like this to me.

What I DON'T understand is why a picture of her appears on this flyer, when she isn't listed as a member & doesn't appear in any of their shows nor their video snippets?

I'm going to ask her about this to see if she's aware that this flyer has been used as a promotional tool for others.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 10-01-2015 at 08:54 PM.

I thought Katherine and marshak worked out some deal that gives the remaining Marvelettes some control over the name.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I thought Katherine and marshak worked out some deal that gives the remaining Marvelettes some control over the name.
    Hey Luke, man I thought Kat and Wanda won control of the group as they were going to license the name out.
    Thanks

I think they did get control of the name but this is strange.

Hey demot. I really don't get what this is all about...bizarrely fascinating though!