[REMOVE ADS]

What became of Little Dion Overstreet?

Does anyone know whatever became of the child star Little Dion Overstreet? He performed at the Apollo quite often in the 60s. Marlon Jackson referenced him as one of the performers he and his brothers watched at the Apollo before they broke through. Dion had a lot of talent. I wonder about his whereabouts.

He's in the Oakland, CA area. He still sounds good

Great! Thanks so much for the info!

I saw him perform as an adult about 25 years ago on a bill with the Coasters and Shirley Alston Reeves. I remembered him as a child as a Jackie Wilson protégé. When I saw him perform he did a lot of Jackie's hits and could really dance. Glad to hear where he is now and that he's doing fine.

I saw him perform back 1967 on one of the shows Jackie Wilson headlined both at a Brooklyn Theater & at the Apollo.
    I took a photo of him but don't know if I still have that photo or maybe the negative, one of these days I need to go through those archives to see what survived as some were stolen in 1974 and some were destroyed in a fire by water damage in 1991.

S.S.

Did Little Dion ever record any albums?

Little DIon was just as talented as Michael Jackson when he was a child star. Did Little Dion ever record any albums or 45s? If so, I would love to have his recordings in my collection.

Is there any current pic of Little Dion? I searched the Internet but couldn't find anything.

I have pics of him but for some unknown reason I cannot seem to post photos here for a long time. [[???)

Not current photo's but you can see him on youtube.

S.S.