[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    That's right Marv...I remember that now.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I'd just like to point out that the soprano on "Reflections" and Florence's soprano are two totally different voices.
    I agree brad imo Florence voice was deeper by the end of her tenure with Supremes. That bright soprano was not as prominent as it was before. If you listen to Cindy's performance for the Hollywood Bowl she came very close to Florence sound before she [[Flo) left the group. I think many think of Florence bright soprano from the early days but not what it had become by 1967.

supremester Guest
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........ I didn't think of that - great idea! Can YOU hear Mary on the track of Reflections? I can't say I do except for I wasn't thinking about how Flo was sounding - she might very well have been off her game at such a crappy time. but I think Zantellor was saying DMF sounded great at The Copa that May.... oh well. I think it's Mary & Flo on the "ooooo's" on reflections and The A's on the words. I loved the name change but Once I saw Cindy on Hollywood palace, I just assumed the bg sounded so awful cuz Flo was gone, there was a heavy voice there, but it didn't seem to have the rich character of Mary - like Deke said, "there is only one Mary Wilson."

There is only one Mary Wilson? Stop In The Name Of Love,you are too funny lmao

Mary and Flo were on Reflections. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Mary and Flo were on Reflections. End of.
    Pretty sure this song and the recording of it will be discussed when the expanded edition of 'Reflections' comes out.

Pretty sure this song and the recording of it will be discussed when the expanded edition of 'Reflections' comes out.
    I'm still waiting for A-Go Go. I wouldn't hold my breath that we'll even get to Reflections. Unless, that is, I missed something Andy or George posted.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I'm still waiting for A-Go Go. I wouldn't hold my breath that we'll even get to Reflections. Unless, that is, I missed something Andy or George posted.
    I want George and Andy to realease a deluxe version of Farewell.

Roberta

I want to them to give the deluxe treatment to some of the Four Tops albums!

Mary is definitely on "Reflections." One of those UK radio shows did a special on HDH and played isolated tracks throughout the show. When they did "Reflections," you can hear Mary before the start of the song say something like "Here she is now" as Diana walked through the door into the studio. Now, is Florence on "Reflections?" That has been debated. Some say yes, some say no, some say it's the Andantes. I'm in the no camp and believe Marlene subbed for her...Remember the vocals [[both lead and background) were recorded together on the same day, May 9th. This was just a week or so after the infamous Hollywood Bowl show and Marlene had been filling in for her just a few weeks prior so Florence absence in the recording shouldn't come as a surprise.
    Interesting approach Brad but Florence was back with the group by May 9th as she appeared with the group on Ed Sullivan on May 7th. I can see it going either way but I can believe it's Florence, the soprano on "Reflections" doesn't sound very strong and Flo's voice by this point had changed drastically and wasn't the same strong soprano as it was just a couple of years prior.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here here!! Some Tops deluxe editions would be wonderful. The expanded edition of their Arista album was most welcome last year though it was hardly their finest hour.

I had never heard Florence ' voice changed dramatically. In fact they all got rave reviews the night they opened at Flo's last gig.

It has been well documented that Florence and Mary are on Reflections. In And Out Of Love was with them as well along with The Andantes and also Florence's last. Many argue this but it's in many sources. Forever Came Today was The Andantes. That must have been a nightmare for Gordy. Florence gone and soon after HDH gone as well. Regardless, HDH are brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I want George and Andy to realease a deluxe version of Farewell.

Roberta
    Roberta I agree that would be the ultimate CD/album.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Roberta I agree that would be the ultimate CD/album.
    It sure would Captainjames.
    it sure woulld.

have a blessed and beautiful weekend dear.

Fonfly

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Put me down for that one.