[REMOVE ADS]

Brenda Holloway Anthology CD

I see this CD is available at Amazon for ~$99 and up. Why is this one so expensive? Did they only produce say a few dozen copies?

It was quite reasonably priced when it first came out but I guess there was a limited pressing because with all due respect to the wonderful Ms Holloway there are only a certain number of people who would be interested in this product.

I have the same concerns about the Tommy Good CD that was released. It is sky high in price and only available in "tiny" quantities - causing expensive prices to be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I have the same concerns about the Tommy Good CD that was released. It is sky high in price and only available in "tiny" quantities - causing expensive prices to be asked.
    Amazon has the Tommy Good CD for only $12.

http://www.amazon.com/Collection-Tom...my+good+motown

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JL2648 View Post
    I see this CD is available at Amazon for ~$99 and up. Why is this one so expensive? Did they only produce say a few dozen copies?
    It's called being "out of print", where no new copies are being manufactured. This is not unique to just Brenda Holloway, other Universal/Motown/Hippo Select titles that are also out of print are selling for crazy prices too.

Kenneth: Thanks. I just ordered it for only $12.99. I had checked over a month ago and I could not find one under $100.00. It pays to wait and have good eyes like you looking out.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Kenneth: Thanks. I just ordered it for only $12.99. I had checked over a month ago and I could not find one under $100.00. It pays to wait and have good eyes like you looking out.
    Oh great! I bought it when it first came out and found it fun to listen to. Kind of like a "teen idol" type album, Paul Petersen or James Darren type. Glad you got it!

It's kinda bittersweet to see all these Brenda Holloway tracks still being discovered in the vault. I can only imagine how it much of been for her. Recording tons of music and only 10% of it being released.

There is a like new second hand copy of the Brenda Holloway Anthology on Amazon UK for £29.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motown-Antho...renda+holloway

mr soul [[now that is a cool handle!), the link you provided indicates this pricing:

1 new from £112.95 3 used from £73.49

Maybe it changed since your post. Regardless I'm based in the U. S., Detroit no less, so likely would be blocked from ordering at this site.

Hi JL2648...Clearly somebody else thought it was a bargain compared to the other's on offer. By the way I live in the UK & have no problem ordering from Amazon US on occasion, so I can't think why you would be blocked.

@jl2648, I did see the Holloway at the price indicated. Someone likely snapped it up as it doesn't often get offered at that price. I thought about buying a second copy but in pounds to dollars, I think it made it about $50.

I often order from Amazon UK, most often from private sellers because they often don't list their items on Amazon US. The shipping isn't that much and the service is usually great. There's some very large private sellers such as Zoverstocks and Rarewaves-USA and their prices are often much better than those in the US.

There is another currently at £16 on eBay, ending in about 5 days... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F143483408974