[REMOVE ADS]

The Persuasions - "Man, Oh Man"

Rediscovering these wonderful men - what great singing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hus4UUhvfZQ

Best Accapella group eva!!!
    My friend Stan Krause who won awards from producing accapella groups managed, produced, recorded them early on. He also had The Royal Counts, 14 Karat Soul, etc..... whom he mentored and took on tour.

S.S.

Good Afternoon Soul Sister...

Hope you are well and in good spirits!

Do you remember the record store on Journal Square close to the old PIX theater where Jerry Lawson used to hang out and promote the Persuasions?

I always loved his voice but I couldn't get enough of the sweet tenor of Jayotis Washington.

The bass vocalist [[Hayes) was outstanding!

Abraham Smooth Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    Best Accapella group eva!!!
    My friend Stan Krause who won awards from producing accapella groups managed, produced, recorded them early on. He also had The Royal Counts, 14 Karat Soul, etc..... whom he mentored and took on tour.

S.S.
    Wow - very cool! The Persuasions are extraordinary; they can be listened to as "entertainment", and if you are in the mood you can listen more closely and really absorb the amazing vocal arrangements. The newer albums [["Sing U2", "Knockin' On Dylan's Door") are great as well.

A while back you had commented about the various performing-artist charities - from your experience, which is most effective?
    Best, Robert

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Rediscovering these wonderful men - what great singing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hus4UUhvfZQ
    RobertZ, I love this song and have the Album, "We came To Play" in rotation on my IPOD. Thanks for posting this!

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    RobertZ, I love this song and have the Album, "We came To Play" in rotation on my IPOD. Thanks for posting this!
    You are most welcome! What's your favorite Persuasions song, and favorite album? I'm just rediscovering this wonderful group and look forward to others' opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    You are most welcome! What's your favorite Persuasions song, and favorite album? I'm just rediscovering this wonderful group and look forward to others' opinions!
    It's hard to pick one favorite, but the entire album "We Came To Play is my favorite and it has all of my favorite songs on there...lol!

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    It's hard to pick one favorite, but the entire album "We Came To Play is my favorite and it has all of my favorite songs on there...lol!
    That would do it! Far too many classic Persuasions LPs have not yet been released on CD.