[REMOVE ADS]

I saw them LIVE on a James Brown Tour in early 70's & then later found out that Fred Wesley [[of the JB Band) married one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    I saw them LIVE on a James Brown Tour in early 70's & then later found out that Fred Wesley [[of the JB Band) married one of them.
    How was their show, motony? That would have been pretty cool to have seen that show on a James Brown tour. I have both their CD's and enjoy them.

http://www.soul-sides.com/2007/05/ho...they-were.html

Another clip of the group.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adE4q3ECtZQ
    Last edited by blueskies; 07-19-2015 at 09:42 AM.

This group has been discussed on SDF before so I didn't expect to find anything in a new thread worth my time but I was wrong. Thankfully wrong. That footage is the kind of stuff
    I maintain a computer and internet service for. I really would love it if more stuff like this
    was posted. Another interesting thing is on the first tune they actually appear to be singing
    live over their own recording played in the background. Their harmonies don't strictly follow
    they way they were done on the record but work out anyway. I can't remember anyone else
    doing this though not being someone who frequently watched the Mike Douglass Show, I
    can't say for sure. Again, great finds, guys...

PS, I t would thrill me to no end if footage of them singing Come and Get It ever
    showed up but that song closes so...risque I doubt it could have even been allowed on television back in those days....Love it...
    Last edited by splanky; 07-19-2015 at 09:27 AM.

at the time I saw them on the JB tour they had a record getting airplay called "Help Me[[Get Over My Use to be Lover)". There were 3 of them and they did about 4-5 songs.The JB band backed them up.

At my last job one of the of the Bee's daughter was a sub for us. She said her mother was a preacher and that she made their costumes. I think her mother's name was Sandy but I'm not sure.