[REMOVE ADS]

Arthur G. Wright - R.I.P.

Name:  arthur.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  60.8 KB]

Having worked as a musician, recording session player, arranger, music teacher, vocal coach, songwriter, publisher and musical contractor, I have had the privilege of working with top names in the entertainment business and have accrued a number of credits worldwide for my work. I have always enjoyed music in all of its aspects and find great pleasure in performing, making and renewing acquaintances from all over the world.

I have played on or arranged more than 5,000 recordings over the years. Some of these have been on independent labels while most have been major label releases. My work included finding ways to make small band music sound big, fat and full. My use of brass and reed instruments added to the success of many records and my arrangements have inspired a number of aspiring musicians over the years.

Having worked for many years as a "first call session player on bass/guitar", my guitar solos have been heard on such recordings as: Diana Ross' "Love Hangover", Thelma Houston's "Don't Leave Me This Way", and other Motown recording artists such as "Smokey" Robinson, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On", and The Temptations . Other artists include Ray Charles, Vikki Carr, Donna Summer, Jose Feliciano, Ike & Tina Turner, Billy Preston and blues

singer Little Johnny Taylor. I worked with producer Hal Davis and other producers, even co-produced with him and others over the 20+ years that I worked at Motown Records.

My musical arrangements have been heard on T.V. commercials such as "Love Machine" for KFC and "The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire", Clearasil, also movie sound tracks such as "Thank God Its Friday" and Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" .

An extensive study of computer based music production coupled with experience in record engineering, audio equipment design and consulting, as well as having worked as a music arranger, producer and background vocalist, provides me with the expertise to present my musical works with a very up-to-date sound.

So long Arthur may you R.I.P. thank you for sharing your gift of music with us.

I did a lot of sessions in LA with Arthur. He was a good player and nice guy and I enjoyed working with him.

Thank you for the music. RIP Arthur Wright