[REMOVE ADS]

Butlins Skegness. September 25- 27 Soul survivors weekender

There is a fantastic line up for this UK soul weekender
    The Contours the Velvelettes Brenda Holloway Chris Clark plus others and DJ's . is anyone from this forum attending ???

Looks like a great event to go to dickiemint.

Sadly I shall not be attending [[not been to Skeggy in over 40 years) ... but if the lottery numbers come up who knows

Here is more info on this event ......

http://www.bigweekends.com/the-weeke...hern-soul.aspx

Roger

Cheers Rodger. Didn't realize Kim Weston was on the line up too this will be an amazing weekend

Are the artists listed in order of their popularity for concert?

Looks like Chris Clark has pulled out of the line up. Hope she is ok, not ill or injured disappointed as I was looking forward to seeing her performance, I have been fortunate to see her.twice since the release of the Motown anthology once with the TEMPTATIONS and four tops and as part of the ladies of Motown show in London would like to see a motown artist replace her on the bill but we got prince Philip Mitchell and Paul Stuart Davies whoever they may be ?? I will you tube them later

How was Chris' performance you saw?
    Last edited by luke; 08-12-2015 at 04:38 PM.

I'm shocked about CC not being there. I was expecting a problem with Brenda as she was subsequently announced as a recipient of a HAL award. So I am glad she's still on the list.

I'm DEFINITELY going. I'm not missing the Velvelettes under any circumstances. Cal has her flights arranged so I know she's coming.

Luke to be honest both times I saw her she only made brief appearances 2/3 songs both times she sang do I love you [[ indeed I do) and she seemed genuinely overwhelmed at the crowds reaction Her voice was ok bearing in mind she hadn't performed live in over 40 years .

I asked Chris if she was attending Skegness. This is her reply.

No, unfortunately I had a pretty serious medical issue come up a couple of weeks ago that has caused me to have to pull out this year.

It's not cancer, I'm not going to kick the bucket - but it brought me to a standstill for some serious renegotiation on lifestyle changes. Not being coy - just mulling it around and trying it on for size a bit before I step out into the main street with it. But I'll be there next year - and this year in spirit. And I'm sending a little something just so you don't forget me. 'cause I wouldn't be nothin without Northern Soul.

Thanks for chasing this up crosstown. Really hope that no one else pulls out I am looking forward to this weekend as I haven't been for a few years Chuck Jackson headlined the last one I went to I have never seen the contours before but hope the Velvelettes Brenda and Kim get the best reception from their UK fans

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Thanks for chasing this up crosstown. Really hope that no one else pulls out I am looking forward to this weekend as I haven't been for a few years Chuck Jackson headlined the last one I went to I have never seen the contours before but hope the Velvelettes Brenda and Kim get the best reception from their UK fans
    I.M giving it a miss this year last September they let far too many people in venue 45 mins queue everytime for beer,and then queues for toilets it was stressful,the main reason i went last year was to see Chuck Jackson he pulled out days before,Tommy Hunt went blank on stage and had to be helped off stage i decided l i won't do Skegness doos again,cheers.

Shame....I was hoping you might change your mind...

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Shame....I was hoping you might change your mind...
    Sorry John as much id love to meet up with you again,im giving it a miss.Have not been to soul weekend since Skegness maybe start next year ,cheers all the same mate.

I sooo need to see The Velvelettes.

This is just a week away now is anyone from here going ?

Yep......I am!

About how many people attend these shows? I can't help but think that place like BB Kings in the US could sell out with these line ups. I'm jealous you Brits get all these Motown shows.

Name:  Photo15_12A.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  90.2 KBName:  Photo03_0A.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  54.6 KBName:  Photo22_19.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  47.6 KBName:  Photo26_23.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  94.9 KB Countours, Kim, Brenda and Velvelettes

Great pics! Thanks Dickiemint!

Thank you for posting Dickiemint

Did Prince Phillip Michell perform?