[REMOVE ADS]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Who's reputation got sullied worse - Jackson or Cosby?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Both were quite ruinous, though Michael Jackson seems to have suffered more than "Tell 'yer momma" Cosby.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Yup. The lesson is don't be a hypocrite! It makes people suspicious when you go overboard with a goody-goody-two-shoes image. How many politicians and preachers have been caught? If you're gonna be a perv, don't be preachin' to people about how to behave or raise your kids.

All this kind of makes you wonder what he's thinking when he looks at his daughters.
    Seems to have been a classic "Do as I say, not as I do". Would be funny to see Cosby's punishment to lose ALL his money and go live in the projects on SS and see how well he adapts.

I can't believe this very tenuous link to Motown thread has received more than double the posts on the new Fantastic Four CD.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I think their reputations were/are both damaged. The stories about Jackson haven't faded with his death and I'm guessing it'll get worse for Cosby.

The entwinement of Jackson with "children" was devastating.

I have a feeling that there is something else about Cosby we are all about to find out, and it won't be good.

Yeah,like he didn't eat any of those[jelly pudding pops]he pushed all those years!!

You mad, bro?

yes I am but I'm gonna leave it here, no more sarcastics. .I'm out.

Are you mad because your hero was cold-busted, or because you still think people are making it up?

New news: Cosby faces new deposition in California:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bil...fornia-n396861

Yeah I heard. Good for that old fart.

New news: Cosby faces new deposition in California:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bil...fornia-n396861
    Good. This has to be done. You cant drug and rape almost 40 women and get away with it. And his biggest enabler his wifes still with him. Smh.

Are you mad because your hero was cold-busted, or because you still think people are making it up?
    well my brother, i'll try to break it from my point of view, first of all cosby's no hero of mine, he's a hypocrite and a sex addict now having said that let me say this, I have no doubt that he gave some of those women drugs but I don't believe they didn't know what was happening now I'm gonna say something else and from an historical perspective and some may scream-here we go again, so be it.. since we came here in[1619]if it looks like a white woman was touched by a blackman America's ears perk up and the guns get loaded...Emmett till-the scottsboro boys,let me give you another example..can you imagine what would've happened to a man who is a hero-dr.king if it had been proven that he had intimate relations with a white woman while he were alive,do you think his statue would be up today?i don't care how many marches he led the answer is HELL NO, before ya'll get up in arms in no way is cosby in the class of dr.king but I had to make a point about what America still thinks about blackmen and white women, when a famous blackman touches a white woman and she says it was forced he's in deep stuff,cosby is stupid and those women are opportunist who got played, NOT RAPED- PLAYED...and now they're pissed ...oh and I've spoken with several women on this matter and they all feel the same as me...including my two adult daughters...PEACE!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    well my brother, i'll try to break it from my point of view, first of all cosby's no hero of mine, he's a hypocrite and a sex addict now having said that let me say this, I have no doubt that he gave some of those women drugs but I don't believe they didn't know what was happening now I'm gonna say something else and from an historical perspective and some may scream-here we go again, so be it.. since we came here in[1619]if it looks like a white woman was touched by a blackman America's ears perk up and the guns get loaded...Emmett till-the scottsboro boys,let me give you another example..can you imagine what would've happened to a man who is a hero-dr.king if it had been proven that he had intimate relations with a white woman while he were alive,do you think his statue would be up today?i don't care how many marches he led the answer is HELL NO, before ya'll get up in arms in no way is cosby in the class of dr.king but I had to make a point about what America still thinks about blackmen and white women, when a famous blackman touches a white woman and she says it was forced he's in deep stuff,cosby is stupid and those women are opportunist who got played, NOT RAPED- PLAYED...and now they're pissed ...oh and I've spoken with several women on this matter and they all feel the same as me...including my two adult daughters...PEACE!!
    Penetratting any woman without permission is RAPE. The women may have put themself in a bad and wrong wrong situation but RAPE is RAPE and it dont matter if the parties involved are white or black or green or yellow.

Another take on the Bill Cosby story:

You forgot the Black women who are also claiming he drugged and raped them. Look at it from this angle: whenever a Black man touches a White woman, it is also assumed the White woman is a "whore". That's also racism.

Sorry, my brother, but it's wrong to blame the victim, and I don't care what color the people are. It smacks of misogyny.
    Last edited by soulster; 07-23-2015 at 10:14 PM.

And do you actually believe that he would've been tarred and feathered in the court of popular opinion if all those women had been black?

And do you actually believe that he would've been tarred and feathered in the court of popular opinion if all those women had been black?
    We will never know the answer to that. If anyone has been tarred and feathered, he did it to himself.

I love how some folks randomly skip the BLACK WOMEN who said BC drugged/raped them...

Malcolm X was right: black women are the most maligned and most oppressed group on this planet. Black women are treated like dirt smh

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I love how some folks randomly skip the BLACK WOMEN who said BC drugged/raped them...

Malcolm X was right: black women are the most maligned and most oppressed group on this planet. Black women are treated like dirt smh
    Yeah, they aren't even allowed to be victims.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Another take on the Bill Cosby story:

No, it's not "another take". It's a disgusting smear campaign that is beyond contempt and beneath the dignity of this forum to be posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    No, it's not "another take". It's a disgusting smear campaign that is beyond contempt and beneath the dignity of this forum to be posted here.
    It is another opinion that is different from yours. It is another take on the same story.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Well the person who post the video RobertZ has obviously very little respect for women and defends wife beaters like Pedro Ferrer and Ike Turner so we shouldnt be surpised that hes defending a seriel rapist.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Well the person who post the video RobertZ has obviously very little respect for women and defends wife beaters like Pedro Ferrer and Ike Turner so we shouldnt be surpised that hes defending a seriel rapist.

Fondly,

Roberta
    You are correct, Ms. Roberta! I don't think that sort of mis-information should be posted here. I draw the line at the name-calling that was used in the video; it's just not appropriate.
    Best, Robert
    Last edited by RobertZ; 07-24-2015 at 12:00 PM.