[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    I never knew Ms. Cosby was Bill's manager! Kinda puts a new light on things. Like, just MAYBE, theirs was a business marriage-of-convenience all along?
    Of course it was. Camille had connections in the entertainment industry that helped Bill get ahead so quickly than he did [[which is why people like Richard Pryor and George Carlin envied him though they eventually decided to follow their own paths as counterculture pioneers in stand up).

Camille was the reason why Bill styled "The Cosby Show" the way it was because Bill's original plan was to have his Heathcliff Huxtable character be a limo driver and Clair Huxtable was a Latina [[or Puerto Rican) maid. Camille advised that Cliff be an obstetrician and Clair be a black lawyer [[enter Phylicia Rashad).

Camille was also where the money was, if Bill is to be believed, she controls the money pile and handles the PR. At one point early in their marriage, she did show some concern about Bill's ways but after a certain point "turned the other cheek". Doubt they were really in love to begin with even with five children birthed out of it.

It definitely does put things in a new light though, Robert. And I agree about the backtracking, Roberta... I hope Phylicia [[Clair) stays quiet because she embarrassed herself last year and if she repeats what she says last year, she shouldn't be taken serious either.

Whoopee Goldberg continues to defend Cosby. And this hilarious clip of her olther defenses deserves a wider audience. The clip about Cosby in this video is old, but last week, Whoopi Goldberg doubled down in her defense of Bill Cosby despite his admission in sworn testimony he gave women Quaaludes to have sex with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dkQ3t7tnds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dkQ3t7tnds

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I hope Phylicia [[Clair) stays quiet because she embarrassed herself last year and if she repeats what she says last year, she shouldn't be taken serious either.
    Unfortunately, in the last week or so, she broke her silence and came out supporting him.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Unfortunately, in the last week or so, she broke her silence and came out supporting him.
    Everybody don't believe what you believe. You believe he did everything those women said he did. A lot of people don't!

Cosbys her meal ticket the more stations that drop the Cosby Show the less money in residual she make.

Lol what would she gain by saying anything? Her shows with Cosby have been YANKED!

So many emotions from grave disappointment to anger and even slightly embarrassed for his extremely egregious actions. Why? Why? So utterly disrespectful to women......

Of course it was. Camille had connections in the entertainment industry that helped Bill get ahead so quickly than he did [[which is why people like Richard Pryor and George Carlin envied him though they eventually decided to follow their own paths as counterculture pioneers in stand up).

Camille was the reason why Bill styled "The Cosby Show" the way it was because Bill's original plan was to have his Heathcliff Huxtable character be a limo driver and Clair Huxtable was a Latina [[or Puerto Rican) maid. Camille advised that Cliff be an obstetrician and Clair be a black lawyer [[enter Phylicia Rashad).

Camille was also where the money was, if Bill is to be believed, she controls the money pile and handles the PR. At one point early in their marriage, she did show some concern about Bill's ways but after a certain point "turned the other cheek". Doubt they were really in love to begin with even with five children birthed out of it.

It definitely does put things in a new light though, Robert. And I agree about the backtracking, Roberta... I hope Phylicia [[Clair) stays quiet because she embarrassed herself last year and if she repeats what she says last year, she shouldn't be taken serious either.
    Interesting; I knew of Camille but I was never aware of her part in his career. Slightly off the subject - I find the pictures and clips of Camille in the past few months smiling, laughing, and generally beaming as if she hasn't a care in the world, to be incredibly creepy. She could at lease maintain an appearance of gravitas ...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Interesting; I knew of Camille but I was never aware of her part in his career. Slightly off the subject - I find the pictures and clips of Camille in the past few months smiling, laughing, and generally beaming as if she hasn't a care in the world, to be incredibly creepy. She could at lease maintain an appearance of gravitas ...
    And how are we to really know she hasn't? Not defending either Camille or Bill but I do know one of the many ways media shapes public opinion is to decide which images and print is presented to outlets where and when....

Lol what would she gain by saying anything? Her shows with Cosby have been YANKED!
    Royalty checks.

Camille Cosby would have nothing to worry about financially if she leaves Bill.

I too did not want to believe these charges. But I can't see all these women making up the same story with the same details. A couple of these women I still don't believe; many people jump on a money bandwagon.

When the judge released the testimony and he admitted he drugged this one young woman to have sex, that is a damning statement. There's no way around it, even if the entire transcript was not released. A yes or no question got a yes answer.

People around the country are sufficiently convinced, as I am, that Mr. Cosby has a serious problem and has been leading a double life at the expense of other innocent people. That is why statues are coming down, buildings named after him are being removed and his show pulled from the networks because we now know Cliff Huxtable was an even more fictitious character than we first thought. It would take a small miracle for him to change the perceptions. In fact...I am wondering if Mr. Cosby is on suicide watch. Would not surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Camille Cosby would have nothing to worry about financially if she leaves Bill.

I too did not want to believe these charges. But I can't see all these women making up the same story with the same details. A couple of these women I still don't believe; many people jump on a money bandwagon.

When the judge released the testimony and he admitted he drugged this one young woman to have sex, that is a damning statement. There's no way around it, even if the entire transcript was not released. A yes or no question got a yes answer.

People around the country are sufficiently convinced, as I am, that Mr. Cosby has a serious problem and has been leading a double life at the expense of other innocent people. That is why statues are coming down, buildings named after him are being removed and his show pulled from the networks because we now know Cliff Huxtable was an even more fictitious character than we first thought. It would take a small miracle for him to change the perceptions. In fact...I am wondering if Mr. Cosby is on suicide watch. Would not surprise me.
    Bill Cosby is not going to commit suicide. Stop that shit LOL! Man.........................

How low class to repond with obscenity. Hopefully Mr Terrana will address this. Again

Janice Dickerson and that other model jumped on it,i don't believe them at all,they are jokes.Janice shes the worst,something is mental about her.

Yes, that was the name I couldn't think of. Somehow I just don't believe Dickerson

Me either BayouMotownMan,Janice Dickerson loves publicity,she'll do,or say what ever to get it smh.

Looks like Whoppie Goldberg has changed her tune a bit:
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/14/entert...eat/index.html

How low class to repond with obscenity. Hopefully Mr Terrana will address this. Again
    The occasional use of a cuss word is no big deal. I think it's only an issue when it is used excessively and gratuitously.

The occasional use of a cuss word is no big deal. I think it's only an issue when it is used excessively and gratuitously.
    Why say it in an open forum? I use that word and ones a lot stronger, but typically within my group of friends. I am aware that such language is offensive to some people and my parents raised me to have manners, I'd like to think. Profanities are acceptable when used for effect within a group that does likewise. To others, just like racial epithets, it is unacceptable.

Sorry,i don't believe Whoppie has really changed her mind,you gotta remember they know more then we know,don't believe her.

I believe her RedHot if for no other reason than that viewers were expressing dissatisfaction in her constant defense of Cosby.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Cosbys her meal ticket the more stations that drop the Cosby Show the less money in residual she make.
    That's not even the slightest bit true.

thomas96 Guest
    Why say it in an open forum? I use that word and ones a lot stronger, but typically within my group of friends. I am aware that such language is offensive to some people and my parents raised me to have manners, I'd like to think. Profanities are acceptable when used for effect within a group that does likewise. To others, just like racial epithets, it is unacceptable.
    Comparing Marv saying "shit" not directed towards anybody to racial epithets is outrageous. People who would be offended by "shit" need to grow up.

We are adults here, I hope. Being an adult is realizing that there are always going to be things in the world that offend us in some way.

All the turncoats are coming out now i see,phillips should keep his mouth shut,cosby put money in his pockets and now he's on the crusade too..incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    All the turncoats are coming out now i see,phillips should keep his mouth shut,cosby put money in his pockets and now he's on the crusade too..incredible.
    so because Cosby gave work to actors there supposed to remain silent about a egotisticall serial rapist which is what Bill Cosby is imo

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Oh this Phillips dude needs to just shut his mouth. I had never heard of him before Bill Cosby gave him a job and have heard of him since! He's just trying to get some publicity again off of this Bill Cosby controversy. It is none of his business.

I may have missed it, but has any of these TV reporters asked any of these women why did they wait so long to speak up? Also, why didn't they go to the police at least in the same year these alleged incidents with Bill Cosby occurred?

President Obama said drugging women for sex is RAPE.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...-rape-20150715

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Comparing Marv saying "shit" not directed towards anybody to racial epithets is outrageous. People who would be offended by "shit" need to grow up.
    Thanks Thomas.

He was very careful not to even mention Bill Cosby's name. President Obama is great.

thomas96 Guest

"I’ll say this: If you give a woman — or a man for that matter — without his or her knowledge, a drug, and then have sex with that person without consent, that’s rape,"

This is absolutely true. But there is no factual evidence that he drugged anybody without their knowledge or that he had sex with anybody without their consent. And he didn't admit to drugging women without their knowledge for sex. He said he acquired the drugs to give to women he wanted to have sex with. That's no different than a couple having consensual sex while drunk on alcohol or high on any other drug. President Obama never said Bill Cosby raped anyone as that headline implies.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I may have missed it, but has any of these TV reporters asked any of these women why did they wait so long to speak up?
    No because they'd be out of a job. You can't question someone who says they were raped by Bill Cosby. It's an unwritten law now.

supremester Guest
    yes, they have been asked over and over. Their replies have been quoted over and over. Fear, shame, lack of knowledge as to what rape is..... fear of the rich and powerful.

Has anyone ever asked YOU why it matters how long they waited? Has anyone asked you what they have to gain? They don't seek money, fame or notoriety. Many have not allowed to have their names released.

has anyone asked Bill Cosby why he doesn't go on national TV and take a polygraph test live? It would get a 30 share easily. I would want to clear my name and go on with my career instead of being a pariah.
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I may have missed it, but has any of these TV reporters asked any of these women why did they wait so long to speak up? Also, why didn't they go to the police at least in the same year these alleged incidents with Bill Cosby occurred?

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    yes, they have been asked over and over. Their replies have been quoted over and over. Fear, shame, lack of knowledge as to what rape is..... fear of the rich and powerful.

Has anyone ever asked YOU why it matters how long they waited? Has anyone asked you what they have to gain? They don't seek money, fame or notoriety. Many have not allowed to have their names released.

has anyone asked Bill Cosby why he doesn't go on national TV and take a polygraph test live? It would get a 30 share easily. I would want to clear my name and go on with my career instead of being a pariah.
    Perfectly stated.

"I’ll say this: If you give a woman — or a man for that matter — without his or her knowledge, a drug, and then have sex with that person without consent, that’s rape,"

This is absolutely true. But there is no factual evidence that he drugged anybody without their knowledge or that he had sex with anybody without their consent. And he didn't admit to drugging women without their knowledge for sex. He said he acquired the drugs to give to women he wanted to have sex with. That's no different than a couple having consensual sex while drunk on alcohol or high on any other drug. President Obama never said Bill Cosby raped anyone as that headline implies.
    The implications there and President Obama knows good and well what Cosby did. Hes a serial rapist and his depositions about drugging women speak volume after volunme. He will pay for these vile crimes in a civil court and he and his wife will really pay when they meet there maker.

Well let's be real honest here you trying to reason with a person who backs violent wife beaters like Ike Turner and Pedro Ferrer so they defense of a seriel rapist shouldnt surprise you.

roberta

No because they'd be out of a job. You can't question someone who says they were raped by Bill Cosby. It's an unwritten law now.
    Ok, I understand. Just take their words for it just like we were suppose to take the words of those boys and their parents regarding Michael Jackson?

supremester Guest
    This has nothing to do with MJ - HIS accusers sought and received compensation. I have a very rare copy of Michael Jackson Was My Lover that escaped the buyout in Bolivia. Interesting read but it has nothing to do with this thread.

Cosby's do NOT seek compensation - although I hope they do.I noticed you ignored my questions above. Cat got your tongue?

thomas96 Guest
    Cosby's do NOT seek compensation
    Do you know what a 'civil suit' is?

I can change Marv's mind about Bill Cosby! He once said Diana Ross was the most important black entertainer of her time!

There!

supremester Guest
    Point taken. You are so right: it shouldn't surprise me, but yet, it still does. As hard as it is to relate to Cosby defenders, it's even harder to relate to those defending wife beaters. Mary Wilson's lies and duplicity concerning The Supremes is very irritating, but the thought that she or any woman, or anyone would be subjected to physical beatings sickens me. On top of her being his wife - she was his meal ticket. Where does this sicko get off beating a defenseless woman? even if his reasons for anger were justified, you leave a wife for her infidelity - not beat her. sicko - like Cosby. Yeeeech.

Well let's be real honest here you trying to reason with a person who backs violent wife beaters like Ike Turner and Pedro Ferrer so they defense of a seriel rapist shouldnt surprise you.

roberta

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I can change Marv's mind about Bill Cosby! He once said Diana Ross was the most important black entertainer of her time!

There!
    Aww shit, he's guilty. Hang the man.

thomas96 Guest

roberta
    Roberta, do you listen to Ike Turner ever, or to James Brown ever? Simple yes or no question.

supremester Guest
    Yeah, I think so - what you wear to work at DMV? Yes, I do. So far, no one is filing one that I know of. I hope they will. Polygraphs are allowed. A simple preponderance of evidence is all that is required. Cos would be toast and broke.

Do you know what a 'civil suit' is?

thomas96 Guest
    Yeah, I think so - what you wear to work at DMV? Yes, I do. So far, no one is filing one that I know of. I hope they will. Polygraphs are allowed. A simple preponderance of evidence is all that is required. Cos would be toast and broke.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/06/us/bil...ation-lawsuit/

That article's from January, I'm pretty sure there have been more since then. Add on the ones that have already been settled, including the one that the most recent testimony of Cosby's was unsealed from. So to say that none of them are looking for money or that they would have nothing to gain, as was stated earlier, is ridiculous. Maybe what they have to gain is to ruin his reputation and his image because he promised them help with starting their acting careers in exchange for consensual sex and they're upset that their career never took off or that he didn't follow through on his promise. Not saying that happened, but it's a possibility. Just like it's a possibility that he raped them. But none of us know, and there is no evidence. So there's really no point in discussing it.

Polygraph is inadmissible in civil and criminal court, so you're wrong. And there is no "evidence" at all that rape occurred at any point so the cases wouldn't be easy wins. Right now it's strictly a "he-said she-said" situation, which wouldn't go anywhere in court. If it went to a jury though I'm sure he'd lose because 99% of the country believes that multiple accusations equal guilt even without any factual evidence. But that would be a breach of justice because pretty much everybody in the country has been swayed by the media on this for probably a year now, and would have prior knowledge of the case and a bias. Unfortunately for everybody who believes Cosby to automatically be guilty, he's unlikely to face any legal consequences.

supremester Guest
    Actually, I'm not wrong. Most of these women were not initially seeking money until being called liars. They did not come forward asking for money. Many remain anonymous.

You are wrong about polygraph. see below.
    http://www.truthorlie.com/admissible.html

He'd lose because he's guilty and people would sense it and because he admitted in court that he bought ludes to give to women for sex. If it was consensual, why would ludes be needed? I'm not trying to sway your opinion - just informing you that the evidence so far points to quilty without much thought at all. I still say all Cos has to do is go on TV and take a polygraph - he knows this.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/06/us/bil...ation-lawsuit/

That article's from January, I'm pretty sure there have been more since then. Add on the ones that have already been settled, including the one that the most recent testimony of Cosby's was unsealed from. So to say that none of them are looking for money or that they would have nothing to gain, as was stated earlier, is ridiculous. Maybe what they have to gain is to ruin his reputation and his image because he promised them help with starting their acting careers in exchange for consensual sex and they're upset that their career never took off or that he didn't follow through on his promise. Not saying that happened, but it's a possibility. Just like it's a possibility that he raped them. But none of us know, and there is no evidence. So there's really no point in discussing it.

Polygraph is inadmissible in civil and criminal court, so you're wrong. And there is no "evidence" at all that rape occurred at any point so the cases wouldn't be easy wins. Right now it's strictly a "he-said she-said" situation, which wouldn't go anywhere in court. If it went to a jury though I'm sure he'd lose because 99% of the country believes that multiple accusations equal guilt even without any factual evidence. But that would be a breach of justice because pretty much everybody in the country has been swayed by the media on this for probably a year now, and would have prior knowledge of the case and a bias. Unfortunately for everybody who believes Cosby to automatically be guilty, he's unlikely to face any legal consequences.

These 2 Clown's are bring up Mary Wilson again,when this whole post is about Bill Cosby,they are Sick,they'll say anything to get a respond,the best thing is to pay no attention to them.

Act like there's tumbleweeds when the two BC defenders show up.

Anyway, did anyone else post this? Whoopi Goldberg is NOW saying BC "may" be guilty:

Also President Obama was asked about the Cosby thing. They asked if it was possible to revoke BC's Presidential Medal of Freedom award and he said it was impossible due to the way the medal is given out, like once it's given to you, they can't take it away kinda thing. That said, he CLEARLY wasn't on BC's side of things when it came to his admission of "offering" drugs to women, saying "if you give drugs to women for 'sex', it's rape".