[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

For all of you who continue to defend Bill Cosby: Cosby's court testimony jusreleased

This is why Cosby has been trying to fight the release of these court documents. It contains his admission of intent. It certainly doesn't help his defense, as he is being sued.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bill-cosby-said-he-gave-sedative-women-document-n387671

Bill Cosby Admitted to Drugging Women in 2005 Deposition 1:20

Bill Cosby said in a 2005 legal deposition that he obtained prescriptions of a powerful sedative to give to women he wanted to have sex with, according to documents released Monday in a Pennsylvania court.

The comedian's testimony was part of a civil suit involving a woman who accused him of drugging her and sexually assaulting her. At one point, Cosby was asked by the woman's attorney about his use of prescriptions for the pills, known as Quaaludes.

"When you got the Quaaludes, was it in your mind that you were going to use these Quaaludes for young women that you wanted to have sex with?" the lawyer asked.
    "Yes," Cosby said, according to the document, which was released after a request by The Associated Press.

Cosby also recalled an encounter in the 1970s in Las Vegas with a woman whose name was redacted in the document. "She meets me back stage. I give her Quaaludes. We then have sex."

Cosby, now 77, would've been 38 or 39 on the date of the incident.
    The actor was not charged in connection with these claims and the case was dismissed in 2006. His lawyers had fought the documents' release, saying it would be "terribly embarrassing."

Calls to Cosby's Philadelphia-based attorney by NBC News were not immediately returned.
    More than a dozen women have since accused Cosby of sexually assaulting them. Cosby, who has never been charged, denies the allegations, and is trying to get several court cases thrown out.

Last edited by soulster; 07-06-2015 at 08:25 PM.

I read this story earlier, but I also read that the ladies knew what they were taking. I never once said he didn't have sex with all of these women, but to prove rape is a whole different battle.

This dont belong in the Motown section this belong in the clubhouse section.

supremester Guest
    The story clearly says that Cosby's lawyers said the women knew what they were taking. So now, it's going to be that they were asking for it by taking overdoses of Benedryl and or Ludes on purpose? Over two dozen women ALL knew what they were doing and now just decided to claim Celebrity F*ck Amnesia? That he just happened to buy Ludes "for the purpose of having sex with women" and I guess tell them, "You are gonna get so high, you'll prolly pass out and will miss all the fun, but take these anywy????" I admit it's been 43 years since I last conibulated with a female, but none of the times I did required coercion - especially THAT kind. Bill Cosby is a creepy poopie face!!!!!

a creepy poopie face!!!!!
    Dear Supremester. I'm not gonna comment on the rest, but at least this... yep...made me go laugh.

http://a.msn.com/r/2/AAcDJrB?a=1&m=EN-US

This was the version I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Well, Roberta, he did release his Himself LP on Motown, so he technically is Motown family. Although who'd want to claim him now is anyone's guess. I need to take a long, hot shower after reading this.

Well Bill certainly knew how to "slut it up".

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Well, Roberta, he did release his Himself LP on Motown, so he technically is Motown family. Although who'd want to claim him now is anyone's guess. I need to take a long, hot shower after reading this.
    hes a horrible man imo sansradio and hes guilty guilty guilty imo. It make me sick to read what he has done.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    I read this story earlier, but I also read that the ladies knew what they were taking. I never once said he didn't have sex with all of these women, but to prove rape is a whole different battle.
    I don't know what you read, because, according to court documents, the woman testified that Cosby gave her pills, and she did not know what they were. She said that Cosby gave her antihistamines and three little blue pills. He said they were "her friends". The woman did not know they were Quaaludes. If she really did know, she did not give sexual consent with Cosby. As for Cosby, he answered "yes" twice to the questions of if he gave the woman Quaaludes with the intent of having sex with them. But, when asked several times if he told women what they were talking, and what his intent was, he refused to answer. That is enough to convince me that he did exactly what he has been accused of by all those women for all of those years. Bottom line, the man is a rapist.
    Last edited by soulster; 07-07-2015 at 12:44 AM.

Cosby was on the Motown label in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Well, Roberta, he did release his Himself LP on Motown,
    See, now if he had released himself on a Motown record, he wouldn't be having these problems. I know, that's sick!

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Cosby was on the Motown label in the 80s.
    This still belong in the clubhouse imo.

Probably does but the Forum that gets read is the Motown Forum; that's where all the viewers are...........or the most of them.

I don't know if Mr. Cosby would be found criminally guilty; there is a higher onus there and I don't know the facts or the evidence and we sure don't find it in blogs and articles.

But he was an icon in his various communities and he was successful beyond belief. In that situation, his behaviour had to be impeccable and he fell far short of any reasonable standard.

He has himself to blame for his trashy behaviour.

Bill Cosby's lawyers said the women knew what they were taking, but they themselves DIDN'T know, according to their testimony.

He's a monster.

thomas96 Guest
    Don't care one bit. Don't know the guy, never met him, have no association with him whatsoever. Don't know what happened, and am not willing to assume he's guilty of rape based on anything that's been circulating in the media recently. I enjoy his comedic talents and if he can get a venue to allow him to perform near me, I'd go see the show. Still watch the Cosby Show and movies like Uptown Saturday Night, A Piece of the Action, even the Bill Cosby Show and his various stand-up specials or appearances on tv or guest hosting of the Tonight Show, etc. and always will. His personal life, and these women's personal lives aren't my business. I certainly don't wish for a serial rapist to get away with those crimes, but there's nothing I can do about it. Or anybody at this point. And that's if he even is guilty, which still is a mystery. Anybody here who disagrees with continuing to enjoy his comedic talents, fine that's your opinion and your stance and you can choose not to watch him any more if you want. But be consistent. Don't watch any other movie or tv show that had criminals associated with it. Don't listen to any songs Lawrence Horn or Phil Spector had anything to do with. Don't watch sports that have criminals playing them.

Though a Cosby fan for decades, I can no longer tolerate the sight of him. For me it makes matters worse that I bought into his wiser-than-thou/holier-than-thou persona while he was involved in these activities. Instead of criticizing wardrobe choices of young men, Cosby should have spent some of his millions on personal-psychiatric-religious counseling to keep his behaviors in check.

The way I see it, I don’t need to know the church shooter to know he is a murderous beast; I don’t need to know members of the South Carolina state senate to know they are doing the correct thing in voting to take down the confederate flag; I don’t need to know President Obama personally to know he is an intelligent and thoughtful president, and I don’t need to know Cosby personally to be repulsed by his hypocrisy and criminal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Bill Cosby's lawyers said the women knew what they were taking, but they themselves DIDN'T know, according to their testimony.

He's a monster.
    Of course his lawyers are going to say that to the media. But, when Cosby was asked in court if they women knew what they were taking, he was advised not to answer the question. Hmmmm...I wonder why....

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Though a Cosby fan for decades, I can no longer tolerate the sight of him. For me it makes matters worse that I bought into his wiser-than-thou/holier-than-thou persona while he was involved in these activities. Instead of criticizing wardrobe choices of young men, Cosby should have spent some of his millions on personal-psychiatric-religious counseling to keep his behaviors in check.
    Psychiatric religious counseling? Like the kind Josh Dugger went to after he sexually molested [[probably raped, too) is own sisters? Yeah, right! Don't even bring religion into this! Religious people are as fucked-up as Cosby is. Cosby should be behind bars!

Eddie Murphy has to be laughing right now. Cosby once phoned him to tell him to clean up his act. Cosby, to the delight of the people at Faux news, publicly berated young Black men for the very type of thing he has been doing all of his career!

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Don't care one bit. Don't know the guy, never met him, have no association with him whatsoever. Don't know what happened, and am not willing to assume he's guilty of rape based on anything that's been circulating in the media recently. I enjoy his comedic talents and if he can get a venue to allow him to perform near me, I'd go see the show. Still watch the Cosby Show and movies like Uptown Saturday Night, A Piece of the Action, even the Bill Cosby Show and his various stand-up specials or appearances on tv or guest hosting of the Tonight Show, etc. and always will. His personal life, and these women's personal lives aren't my business. I certainly don't wish for a serial rapist to get away with those crimes, but there's nothing I can do about it. Or anybody at this point. And that's if he even is guilty, which still is a mystery. Anybody here who disagrees with continuing to enjoy his comedic talents, fine that's your opinion and your stance and you can choose not to watch him any more if you want. But be consistent. Don't watch any other movie or tv show that had criminals associated with it. Don't listen to any songs Lawrence Horn or Phil Spector had anything to do with. Don't watch sports that have criminals playing them.
    If I recall, you denied Cosby did anything wrong several months ago. You're taking this pretty hard, aren't you? No one who liked Cosby's work is enjoying this. I just deleted all of my Cosby comedy albums.

hes a horrible man imo sansradio and hes guilty guilty guilty imo. It make me sick to read what he has done.
    No arguments from me there, Roberta. Skeevy to the nth degree.

Psychiatric religious counseling? Like the kind Josh Dugger went to after he sexually molested [[probably raped, too) is own sisters? Yeah, right! Don't even bring religion into this! Religious people are as fucked-up as Cosby is. Cosby should be behind bars!

Eddie Murphy has to be laughing right now. Cosby once phoned him to tell him to clean up his act. Cosby, to the delight of the people at Faux news, publicly berated young Black men for the very type of thing he has been doing all of his career!
    Weelll - what I was meaning to say is that Cosby, with his fortune and contacts, could have sought out ANY sort of counseling he could find to help cease the behavior. I did not mean to recommend any particular sort of counseling. Re: Murphy/Faux, that's just what I was agreeing with re: my "wardrobe choices" comment.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Probably does but the Forum that gets read is the Motown Forum; that's where all the viewers are...........or the most of them.

I don't know if Mr. Cosby would be found criminally guilty; there is a higher onus there and I don't know the facts or the evidence and we sure don't find it in blogs and articles.

But he was an icon in his various communities and he was successful beyond belief. In that situation, his behaviour had to be impeccable and he fell far short of any reasonable standard.

He has himself to blame for his trashy behaviour.
    criminally, he won't be charged. Statue of limitations kicks in. Depending on how this information is used against him, don't be surprised if a settlement comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Weelll - what I was meaning to say is that Cosby, with his fortune and contacts, could have sought out ANY sort of counseling he could find to help cease the behavior. I did not mean to recommend any particular sort of counseling. Re: Murphy/Faux, that's just what I was agreeing with re: my "wardrobe choices" comment.
    Well, you did mention religion. Josh Duggar went to counseling and then did it again!

Why is a wealthy person going to seek help for something he apparently feels no guilt about? It was working for him, so why stop? If you found a way to have your way with young, vulnerable...drugged-up women, and got away with it for decades, you wouldn't stop either.

Cosby made his mistake by deciding to be a hypocrite and get on a soapbox and moralize. That's exactly the reason the judge decided to release the transcripts.
    Last edited by soulster; 07-07-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Of course his lawyers are going to say that to the media. But, when Cosby was asked in court if they women knew what they were taking, he was advised not to answer the question. Hmmmm...I wonder why....
    Yep! And it was telling that his current lawyers tried to keep them hidden because, "it would embarrass their client". That's shit you don't say about someone innocent!!!

Well, you did mention religion. Josh Duggar went to counseling and then did it again!

Why is a wealthy person going to seek help for something he apparently feels no guilt about? It was working for him, so why stop? If you found a way to have your way with young, vulnerable...drugged-up women, and got away with it for decades, you wouldn't stop either.

Cosby made his mistake by deciding to be a hypocrite and get on a soapbox and moralize. That's exactly the reason the judge decided to release the transcripts.
    Funny thing is Cosby definitely was trying to come off as someone with morals, the judge said Cosby had positioned himself over the years as a "moralist" and he was so disgusted with Cosby and his lawyers that he said "eff it, I'm releasing this, people have GOT to know what type of monster he really is".

The fact that he admitted using drugs on women makes him guilty by default!

He's a monster.
    It simply doesn't make sense that they would knowingly take Quaaludes. Quaaludes are a prescription only sleeping pill and they do what they're supposed to do - knock people out. So why would anyone knowingly take one if they wanted to enjoy having sex with someone?

I can't even look at the guy's face anymore. The creep factor is just everywhere. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    It simply doesn't make sense that they would knowingly take Quaaludes. Quaaludes are a prescription only sleeping pill and they do what they're supposed to do - knock people out. So why would anyone knowingly take one if they wanted to enjoy having sex with someone?

I can't even look at the guy's face anymore. The creep factor is just everywhere. Ugh.
    Cosby also liked having sex with rubber dolls.

This would come as no surprise.

At least there isn't a consent issue if he'd have stuck to the dolls.

This from today's "Billboard":
    "Bill Cospy Deposition Changes Jill Scott's Mind: "I was wrong".
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...-scott-twitter

Does this mean that there're gonna take the cosby show off again???

Funny thing is Cosby definitely was trying to come off as someone with morals, the judge said Cosby had positioned himself over the years as a "moralist" and he was so disgusted with Cosby and his lawyers that he said "eff it, I'm releasing this, people have GOT to know what type of monster he really is".

The fact that he admitted using drugs on women makes him guilty by default!
    Yeah. The only thing he'll have to do is shell out some more money. Like so many other common rapists, he'll never see the inside of a prison cell.

It is clear now that Cosby cultivated his squeaky-clean image in the attempt to counteract the reaction to the charges if they ever came to light. I never bought into his squeaky clean image. I never even liked the Cosby Show. Only Mr. Rogers and Casey Kasem were beyond reproach.

I get it: Cosby has needs, but he could have simply hired prostitutes. And, it's not like his WIFE didn't know, unless she's really stupid!
    Last edited by soulster; 07-07-2015 at 02:04 PM.

Yeah. The only thing he'll have to do is shell out some more money. Like so many other common rapists, he'll never see the inside of a prison cell.

It is clear now that Cosby cultivated his squeaky-clean image in the attempt to counteract the reaction to the charges if they ever came to light. I never bought into his squeaky clean image. I never even liked the Cosby Show. Only Mr. Rogers and Casey Kasem were beyond reproach.

I get it: Cosby has needs, but he could have simply hired prostitutes. And, it's not like his WIFE didn't know, unless she's really stupid!
    I had the same thought about prostitution, but most likely it was the "victimhood" of his victims that he was after. And I do wonder about the wife as well as friends, etc - meaning, how many people knew for how many years and said/did nothing [[like the Jerry Sandusky crimes).

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Does this mean that there're gonna take the cosby show off again???
    They need to take it off forever imo.

thomas96 Guest
    If I recall, you denied Cosby did anything wrong several months ago. You're taking this pretty hard, aren't you? No one who liked Cosby's work is enjoying this. I just deleted all of my Cosby comedy albums.
    I never "denied he did anything wrong." I accepted that we don't know what happened, and never will. He may have raped them, he may not have. I just didn't blindly accept that he raped them all like you all have. Doesn't mean that I said he was innocent. Just that it's a possibility--which it still is. And this testimony doesn't change anything at all. If you think I'm taking this pretty hard then you must not have read anything in my post that you replied to.

thomas96 Guest
    They need to take it off forever imo.
    Then take everything off, because there are rapists and murderers acting in thousands of television programs or films. Even if he is guilty, it wouldn't be fair to all the other actors and actresses and people associated with the show.

And may I ask you a question Roberta? Do you still listen to Martha & the Vandellas recordings? I'd appreciate a response.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    I never "denied he did anything wrong." I accepted that we don't know what happened, and never will. He may have raped them, he may not have. I just didn't blindly accept that he raped them all like you all have. Doesn't mean that I said he was innocent. Just that it's a possibility--which it still is. And this testimony doesn't change anything at all. If you think I'm taking this pretty hard then you must not have read anything in my post that you replied to.
    Dude, sometimes you have to connect the dots. Mr. Cosby just said it self in the deposition after at least a dozen women claimed the same thing. That's all the proof most people need. Did we get proof that OJ killed? No, but his actions before, and after the trial says he did. That wasn't a rush to judgement, that was based on cognitive knowledge of the behavior of guilty criminals and the facts we do know. This was based on the knowledge of how predatory rapists and narcissists behave, especially those with privilege.

All I know is that all of those women knew that he was married and went somewhere to visit with him alone at least for part of an evening or meeting. They all also waited many years before deciding to try to action. They did not go directly to the authorities 10, 20, 30 and even 40 years ago! I am not upholding Bill Cosby if he did wrong because all of us have or are capable of doing wrong. What I question is why all of a sudden now? That is also not to say I believe each of those women.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    All I know is that all of those women knew that he was married and went somewhere to visit with him alone at least for part of an evening or meeting. They all also waited many years before deciding to try to action. They did not go directly to the authorities 10, 20, 30 and even 40 years ago! I am not upholding Bill Cosby if he did wrong because all of us have or are capable of doing wrong. What I question is why all of a sudden now? That is also not to say I believe each of those women.
    Greed, attention, notoriety; plus probably at the time, many of them wanted to "date" "be in the presence of" or "potentially have sex with" or "get married to" superstar money!

He should have known a lot better than he did.

I'm kinda sick of the whole thing..free bill cosby.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post

And none of it...NONE OF IT...age any man the permission to have sex with them. I don't care if those women got naked in front of him sober, that is not consent for sexual contact. And, he drugged them first. He admitted that that was his MO. If they took the pills knowingly, that did not give Cosby permission to take advantage of them. Case closed! He's a RAPIST. It doesn't matter if these women were alone with him. All you seem to be doing is blaming the victim.

When the hell are we, as a society going to get it in our heads that sexual contact without permission is NOT O.K.. It is a FELONY! Period! If one of those women Cosby stuck his dick into was your sister or daughter, I guarantee you wouldn't be thinking of how they knew he was married and all that other bullshit.
    Last edited by soulster; 07-08-2015 at 03:35 AM.

And none of it...NONE OF IT...age any man the permission to have sex with them. I don't care if those women got naked in front of him sober, that is not consent for sexual contact. And, he drugged them first. He admitted that that was his MO. If they took the pills knowingly, that did not give Cosby permission to take advantage of them. Case closed! He's a RAPIST. It doesn't matter if these women were alone with him. All you seem to be doing is blaming the victim.

When the hell are we, as a society going to get it in our heads that sexual contact without permission is NOT O.K.. It is a FELONY! Period! If one of those women Cosby stuck his dick into was your sister or daughter, I guarantee you wouldn't be thinking of how they knew he was married and all that other bullshit.
    Perfectly stated.

People like Al Capone, Bill Cosby and OJ Simpson have functioned for years thinking that they were omnipotent.

They couldn't get Al Capone for murder, but they got him for tax evasion and jailed him.

OJ Simpson supposedly got away with murder, thought he was omnipotent and did foolish things and now he is in jail - although not for murder.

And now the released SWORN deposition that was just released where Cosby admitted that he used sedatives for sex with women can be used against him, not for rape - but for perjury

Now, the prosecutor who chose not to press criminal charges in 2005, says Cosby has potentially opened himself up to perjury charges in statements made in the deposition, which carry a sentence of up to seven years. Anything he said in there that is a lie, could be used in a perjury prosecution.

Also, there is an effort underway to get the entirety of the deposition unsealed and victims lawyers say that this could lead to new civil suits against him.

And even if it doesn't lead to a civil suit, I'm betting that Cosby will eventually be in an orange suit when he is found guilty for perjury.

The prosecutor, who chose not to press charges in 2005, is currently running for re-election.

I used to have so much respect for that man but hes a predator whose demon driven . He deserves whatever he has coming to him.

Name:  bramhall-world-bill-cosby.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  62.6 KB

Everything I have to say is in this article I wrote.

http://sharbates.com/bill-cosby-alle...s-perspective/

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    I used to have so much respect for that man but hes a predator whose demon driven . He deserves whatever he has coming to him.
    Me too Nosey. he make me sick to my stomach. Disney took down his statue yesterday.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bil...statue-n388506

Hope you are feeling good dear nosey.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post

Excellent, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post

Real fair and well written article jboys88.

Fondly,

Roberta

thomas96 Guest

Were you in the room when this happened? Nothing has indicated that any sex that may have happened wasn't consensual, except for the women's accusations. That's not evidence.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    People like Al Capone, Bill Cosby and OJ Simpson have functioned for years thinking that they were omnipotent.

They couldn't get Al Capone for murder, but they got him for tax evasion and jailed him.

OJ Simpson supposedly got away with murder, thought he was omnipotent and did foolish things and now he is in jail - although not for murder.

And now the released SWORN deposition that was just released where Cosby admitted that he used sedatives for sex with women can be used against him, not for rape - but for perjury

Now, the prosecutor who chose not to press criminal charges in 2005, says Cosby has potentially opened himself up to perjury charges in statements made in the deposition, which carry a sentence of up to seven years. Anything he said in there that is a lie, could be used in a perjury prosecution.

Also, there is an effort underway to get the entirety of the deposition unsealed and victims lawyers say that this could lead to new civil suits against him.

And even if it doesn't lead to a civil suit, I'm betting that Cosby will eventually be in an orange suit when he is found guilty for perjury.

The prosecutor, who chose not to press charges in 2005, is currently running for re-election.
    Well you'd be betting wrong because there's no case there.