[REMOVE ADS]

Page 98 of 780 FirstFirst ... 48 88 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 108 148 198 598 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,900 of 38956
    May 23rd:

Quote for the Day:

"I don't know why they re-released it, [['It Will Stand', by The Showmen), but I'm glad, because if it hadn't been re-released, I never would have been with Holland-Dozier-Holland.

When it was re-released, it was number one in Detroit for about four or five weeks, and that's how they became familiar with my work and my voice.

When they decided to leave Motown, I was one of the first artists they got in touch with."

- General Johnson; Soul Express interview, 1993.

If this is your Birthday, you are sharing it with:

Our fellow Soulful Detroit member, TomatoTom123.

Happy Birthday, Tom. Hope you have a wonderful day!

- and also -

Maxwell [[Gerald Maxwell Rivera; R&B and neo-soul singer-songwriter; 'Fortunate') -

Charlie Hunter [[jazz musician, 8 string jazz guitar virtuoso) -

Jewel [[Jewel Kilcher; singer, songwriter and actress; 'Who Will Save Your Soul'; 'You Were Meant For Me'; 'Foolish Games') -

Heidi Range [[Heidi India Partakis; singer and songwriter; Sugababes; Atomic Kitten) -

Phil Selway [[Philip James Selway; alternative and art rock drummer; Motorhead) -

Ruth Underwood [[Ruth Komanoff; percussionist for Frank Zappa and The Mothers Of Invention) -

Nat Adderley, Jr; [[Nathaniel Adderley, Jr; pop and R&B music arranger and pianist) -

Joan Collins [[Joan Henrietta Collins; actress, author and columnist; Alexis Carrington Colby on 'Dynasty'; Crystal Hennesey-Vaas on 'Benidorm') -

Remembering: those also born on this date, but who have now passed away:

General Johnson [[General Norman Johnson; 1941-2010; soul singer and songwriter; record producer; frontman with Chairmen Of The Board) -

Scatman Crothers [[Benjamin Sherman Crothers; 1910-1986; actor, singer, dancer and musician; Louie The Garbage Man on 'Chico And The Man'; Dick Hallorann in 'The Shining'; Big Ben in 'Lady Sings The Blues') -

Rosemary Clooney [[1928-2002; singer and actress; 'Come On-a My House'; 'Mambo Italiano'; 'This Old House') -

Artie Shaw [[Arthur Jacob Arshawsky; 1910-2004; clarinettist, composer, bandleader and actor) -

Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. [[Douglas Elton Thomas Ullman; Douglas Elton Fairbanks; 1883-1939; actor, screenwriter, director and actor) -

Betty Garrett [[1919-2011; actress, comedian, singer and dancer; Irene Lorenzo on 'All In The Family'; Edna Babish on 'Laverne & Shirley') -

Nigel Davenport [[Arthur Nigel Davenport; 1928-2013; actor; Lord Birkenhead in 'Chariots Of Fire') -

Helen O'Connell [[1920-1993; singer with Jimmy Dorsey band, actress and hostess) -

Humphrey Lyttleton [[Humphrey Richard Adeane Lyttleton; 'Humph'; 1921-2008; jazz musician and broadcaster) -

John Payne [[John Howard Payne; 1912-1989; actor; Fred Gailey in 'Miracle on 34th Street'; Vint Bonner on NBC 'The Restless Gun') -

Libby Holman [[Elizabeth Lloyd Holzman; 1904-1971; torch singer and stage actress) -

Happy Birthday: to everyone celebrating Birthdays on May 23rd.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 05-23-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Happy Birthday TomatoTom! Have the best day ever.

Tomato tom,hey kid how are ya? I'm sending the buzzards with the good stuff now that you're old enough,i'm sending a soft batch..you'll still have your kidneys but your tongue will turn blue for a couple days-happy b-day.

Hey thanks guys! I haven’t been on this thread much in ages, but thank you!!!! AND IT WAS A GREAT DAY, THANKS FOR THE SUPPLIES R&B

TT, hope your day was full of Covid-controlled fun [[as much as you could)
    All the best!!

May 24th:

Quote for the Day:

"Where I come from, it don't pay to read and speak white!"

- Gene Anthony Ray, as Leroy Johnson on 'Fame', 1980.

Tommy Chong [[Thomas B. Kin Chong; comedian, actor, writer, director, activist and musician; Cheech and Chong; Bobby Taylor & The Vancouvers) -

Patti LaBelle [[Patricia Louise Holte; R&B, soul and pop singer, author, actress and entrepreneur; Patti LaBelle & the Bluebelles; Labelle) -

Larry Blackmon [[Larry Ernest Blackmon; R&B, soul, funk and disco lead singer and co-founder of Cameo) -

Archie Shepp [[Archie Vernon Shepp; jazz saxophonist, educator and playwright) -

Cerrone [[Jean-Marc Cerrone; disco, funk and electronic drummer, composer and producer) -

Bob Dylan [[Robert Allen Zimmerman; folk, blues and rock songwriter, singer, painter, writer and winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature) -

Tony Valentino [[garage rock guitarist; The Standells) -

Priscilla Presley [[Priscilla Ann Wagner, later Beaulieu by adoption; actress and business magnate) -

Kristin Scott Thomas [[Kristin Ann Scott Thomas; actress) -

Alfred Molina [[Alfredo Molina; actor and voice artist) -

Gary Burghoff [[Gary Rich Burghoff; actor) -

Sybil Danning [[Sybilla Johanna Danninger; actress, model and film producer) -

Heavy D [[Dwight Arrington Myers; 1967-2011; hip hop and reggae fusion rapper, record producer, singer and actor; former leader of Heavy D & The Boyz) -

Gene Anthony Ray [[Eugene Anthony Ray; 1962-2003; actor, dancer and choreographer; 'Fame') -

Lou Pride [[George Louis Pride; 1944-2012; blues and soul singer and songwriter) -
    [[some sources state 1950 as year of birth)

Charles Earland [[1941-1999; jazz organist) -

Terry Callier [[Terrence 'Terry' Orlando Callier; 1945-2012; jazz, soul and folk guitarist and singer-songwriter) -

Mai Zetterling [[Mai Elisabeth Zetterling; 1925-1994; actess and film director) -

Lilli Palmer [[Lilli Marie Peiser; 1914-1986; actress and writer) -

Willis Bouchey [[Willis Ben Bouchey; 1907-1977; actor) -

Queen Victoria [[Princess Alexandrina Victoria of Kent; 1819-1901; Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, 1837-1901) -

Happy Birthday: to everyone celebrating Birthdays on May 24th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 05-24-2020 at 03:59 PM.

May 25th:

Quote for the Day:

"To be silent, is to be passive."

- Octavia Spencer.

Rasheeda [[Rasheeda W. Buckner-Frost; hip hop rapper, fashion designer, television personality and businesswoman; Da Kaperz) -

Leslie Uggams [[Leslie Marian Uggams; actress and singer) -

Paul Weller [[Paul John Weller; punk rock and new wave singer, songwriter and musician; The Jam; The Style Council) -

Patti D'Arbanville [[Patricia DeArbanville; actress and former model) -

Ian McKellen [[Ian Murray McKellen; actor) -

Mike Myers [[Michael John Myers; actor, comedian, screenwriter, producer and director) -

Octavia Spencer [[Octavia Leonora Spencer; actress, author and producer) -

Frank Oz [[Frank Richard Oznowicz; actor, puppeteer, director and producer; 'Sesame Street'; 'The Muppet Show') -

Cillian Murphy [[actor) -

Anne Heche [[Anne Celeste Heche; actress, director and screenwriter) -

Clarence Burke, Jr. [[1949-2013; soul singer; The Five Stairsteps) -

Donnie Elbert [[1936-1989; soul and R&B singer and songwriter) -

Dixie Carter [[Dixie Virginia Carter; 1939-2010; actress) -

Brian 'Blinky' Davison [[1942-2008; progressive rock drummer; The Nice) -

Sugar Minott [[Lincoln Barrington Minott; 1956-2010; reggae singer, producer and sound system operator) -

Roger Bowen [[1932-1996; actor and novelist) -
    Beverly Sills [[Belle Miriam Silverman; 1929-2007; operatic soprano) -
    Jeanne Crain [[Jeanne Elizabeth Crain; 1925-2003; actress) -

Kitty Kallen [[Katie Kallen; 1921-2016; jazz, swing and pop singer) -
    Hal David [[Harold Lane David; 1921-2012; lyricist; Bacharach & David) -
    Steve Cochran [[Robert Alexander Cochran; 1917-1965; actor) -

Binnie Barnes [[Gertrude Maud Barnes; 1903-1998; actress) -

Bill 'Bojangles' Robinson [[Luther Robinson; 1878-1949; tap dancer and actor) -
    [[headstone states 1877 as year of birth)

Bill Murray [[William Thomas Murray; 1877-1954; pop singer) -

Ernest 'Pop' Stoneman [[Ernest Van Stoneman; 1893-1968; country musician) -

Ralph Waldo Emerson [[1803-1882; essayist, lecturer, philosopher and poet) -

Happy Birthday: to everyone celebrating Birthdays on May 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    in that neighbourhood, gradys is known as karma.

There's no menu, you just get what you deserve.
    west..of course there's a menu at grady's...and as long as you read the fine print,you won't get too sick!!

WEST,MY GOOD FELLOW BOTH YOU AND OUR FAVORITE SUPERSTAR HAVE BEEN INVITED TO GRADY'S ANNUAL BISON ROAST AND DUCK TONGUE BASTED IN SECRET SAUCE FOR MEMORIAL DAY...[of course no Bison in his right mind will go anywhere near Grady's but a meat substitute will be used]BUT FOR REALISM A STUFFED BISON WILL BE ON DISPLAY FROM THE HISTORY MUSEUM DOWN THE STREET,THERE WILL BE CLOWNS..[actually some drunks in clown suits]GAMES,AND IF ANYONE CAN GUESS HOW MUCH FOOD LILBITS EATS IN ONE SITTING YOU WIN A PRIZE OR SOMETHING,A FUN TIME FOR THE WHOLE HOOD...[the ones who actually show up]SO COME ON DOWN IF YOU'RE NEAR DA HOOD!

Westgrand,

I don't see anything about safe distancing [[party limit) or about masks [[which may be needed considering the "secret sauce", among other things)

Yes Moe, I had already thought the same.

And I'd most certainly need a mask.

Well, I wouldn't want to be recognised going in...and, with luck, being seen leaving the place later - which I would prefer to do without a stretcher becoming essential...

Also, if we have to guess how much Lilbits eats in one sitting, then I also have to guess we would need to actually watch her do it.

And I do find that prospect rather disturbing.....

Grady will be disappointed because he wanted you both to sample his newest concoction...slaughtered-opps-err-ahem-hehe..sliced hyena ribs basted in mumbo sauce and sugar busted-opps-err-ahem-hehe..sugar basted cornless cobballs in soyless sauce,oh well there's always next year!

May 26th:

Quote for the Day:

"If that's all there is, my friends, then let's keep dancing."

- Peggy Lee; 'Is that all there is?', 1969.

Pam Grier [[Pamela Suzette Grier; actress) -

Lauryn Hill [[Lauryn Noelle Hill; hip hop, R&B and soul singer, songwriter, record producer and actress; The Fugees) -

Jaheim [[Jaheim Hoagland; R&B singer and former rapper) -

Lenny Kravitz [[Leonard Albert Kravitz; multi-genre singer, songwriter, actor and record producer) -

Oscar Toney, Jr. [[soul singer; 'For Your Previous Love') -

Ray Ennis [[lead vocalist and guitarist; founding member of The Swinging Blue Jeans) -

Verden Allen [[Terence Allen; rock organ player; founding member of Mott The Hoople) -

Garry Peterson [[Garry Dennis Peterson; rock drummer; The Guess Who) -

Stevie Nicks [[Stephanie Lynn Nicks; rock singer-songwriter; Fleetwood Mac) -

Hank Williams, Jr. [[Randall Hank Williams; country singer, songwriter and musician) -

Wayne Hussey [[Jerry Wayne Hussey; lead singer with The Mission; rock guitarist with The Sisters Of Mercy) -

Alan White [[rock musician; drummer with Oasis) -

Helena Bonham Carter [[actress; 'The Wings Of A Dove'; 'The King's Speech') -

Philip Michael Thomas [[retired actor and musician; Ricardo Tubbs on 'Miami Vice') -

John Wayne [[Marion Robert [[later Mitchell, sometimes quoted as Michael) Morrison; 'Duke'; 1907-1979; actor and film maker) -

Peggy Lee [[Norma Deloris Egstrom; 1920-2002; jazz and pop singer, songwriter, composer and actress) -

Miles Davis [[Miles Dewey Davis III; 1926-1991; jazz trumpeter, bandleader and composer) -

Mick Ronson [[Michael Ronson; 1946-1993; rock guitarist, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, arranger and producer; The Spiders From Mars) -

James Arness [[James King Aurness; 1923-2011; actor; Marshal Matt Dillon on 'Gunsmoke') -

Peter Cushing [[Peter Wilton Cushing; 1913-1994; actor) -

Jay Silverheels [[Harold Jay Smith;1912-1980; actor and athlete; Tonto, on ABC 'The Lone Ranger') -

Alec McCowen [[Alexander Duncan McCowen; 1925-2017; actor) -

Robert Morley [[Robert Adolph Wilton Morley; 1908-1992; actor) -

Levon Helm [[Mark Lavon Helm; 1940-2012; rock musician and actor; drummer and vocalist with The Band) -

Al Jolson [[Asa Yoelson; 1886-1950; singer, film actor and comedian) -

George Formby [[George Hoy Booth; 1904-1961; actor, singer, songwriter and comedian) -

Paul Lukas [[Pal Lukacs; 1895-1971; actor) -
    [[some sources state year of birth as 1887, 1891 or 1894)

Isadora Duncan [[Angela Isadora Duncan; 1877-1927; dancer) -
    [[some sources state date of birth as 27 May 1878)

Happy Birthday: to everyone celebrating Birthdays on May 26th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 05-26-2020 at 12:23 PM.

West,my good fellow,another honor has come to our favorite[superstar]this time by the ladies of da hood histerical-opps-err-ahem-hehe..historical society,it seems that the ladies have located some improbable-opps-err-ahem-hehe..important poems written many years ago by da hood's own felon-opps-err-ahem-hehe..fellow of the state pen-opps-err-ahem-hehe..stationary pen none other than-[wun mor wurd]these poems haven't been seen since he passed out-opps-err-ahem-hehe..passed away many years ago,these stupid-opps-err-ahem-hehe..stupendous works were recently found by the ladies who fell that only moe's velvet voice can bring these words to life again,of course i will have a polaroid film crew sent for this embar-opps-err-ahem-hehe..embracible event...another honor for our superstar!!

But you have so many words of your own, Arr&bee...

May 27th:

Quote for the Day:

"I like musicians who look at the public.

You have to bring the music to the largest number.

Otherwise, we'll [[the jazz players) stay in the clubs.

Jazz must be accessible to everyone."

- Dee Dee Bridgewater.

Ramsey Lewis [[Ramsey Emmanuel Lewis; jazz composer, pianist and radio personality; 'Wade In The Water') -

Dee Dee Bridgewater [[Denise Garrett; jazz singer) -

Andre 300 [[Andre Lauren Benjamin; rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer and actor; OutKast) -

Louis Gossett, Jr. [[Louis Cameron Gossett, Jr; actor; Gunnery Sergeant Emil Foley in 'An Officer And A Gentleman'; Fiddler on ABC TV series 'Roots') -

Siouxsie Sioux [[Susan Janet Ballion; post punk and new wave singer, songwriter, musician and producer; lead singer with Siouxsie & The Banshees) -

Neil Finn [[Neil Mullane Finn; rock singer, songwriter and musician; Split Enz; Crowded House; Fleetwood Mac) -

Bruce Cockburn [[Bruce Douglas Cockburn; folk and rock singer, songwriter and guitarist) -

Jadakiss [[Jason Terrance Phillips; rapper and songwriter; The LOX; Ruff Ryders) -

Sean Kinney [[Sean Howard Kinney; alternative metal drummer; Alice In Chains) -

Alain Suchon [[Alain Kienast; alternative rock singer, songwriter and actor) -

Joseph Fiennes [[Joseph Alberic Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes; actor) -

Todd Bridges [[Todd Anthony Bridges; actor and comedian; Willis Jackson on NBC TV series 'Diff'rent Strokes') -

Chris Colfer [[Christopher Paul Colfer; actor, singer and writer; Kurt Hummel on Fox TV series 'Glee') -

Peri Gilpin [[Peri Kay Oldham; actress; Roz Doyle on NBC TV series 'Frasier') -

Lee Meriwether [[Lee Ann Meriwether; actress; Betty Jones on NBC TV series 'Barnaby Jones'; Catwoman in 'Batman' film, 1966 ) -

Denise Van Outen [[Denise Kathleen Outen; actress, singer, dancer and presenter) -

Richard Schiff [[actor and comedian; Toby Ziegler on NBC TV series 'The West Wing') -

Bruce Weitz [[Bruce Peter Weitz; actor; Sgt. Michael 'Mick' Belker on NBC TV series 'Hill Street Blues') -

Dondre Whitfield [[Dondre Terrell Whitfield; actor; Robert Foreman on NBC TV series 'The Cosby Show'; Terrence Frye on ABC TV series 'All My Children') -

Remembering: those born on this date, but who have now passed away:

Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes [[Lisa Nicole Lopes; 1971-2002; hip hop singer, rapper, actress, songwriter and producer; TLC) -

Don Williams [[Donald Ray Williams; 1939-2017; country singer and songwriter) -

Christopher Lee [[Christopher Frank Carandini Lee; 1922-2015; actor, singer and author; Count Dooku in 'Star Wars' trilogy; Saruman in 'The Lord Of The Rings' and 'The Hobbit' trilogies) -

Linden Travers [[Florence Linden Travers; 1913-2001; actress) -
    Vincent Price [[Vincent Leonard Price; 1911-1993; actor) -
    Cilla Black [[Priscilla Maria Veronica White; 1943-2015; pop singer and television presenter) -

Lewis Collins [[1946-2013; actor; 'Bodie' in LWT series 'The Professionals') -
    Steve Franken [[Stephen Robert Franken; 1932-2012; actor) -
    Kam Fong Chun [[Kam Tong Chun; 1918-2002; actor; Chin Ho Kelly on CBS TV series 'Hawaii Five-O') -

Ann Nelson [[Margaret Ann Barnes; 1916-1992; actress; Gertrude Berg on NBC TV 'Fame') -

Willie Best [[William Best; 1916-1962; actor; ) -

Rachel Carson [[Rachel Louise Carson; 1907-1964; marine biologist, author and conservationist; 'Silent Spring') -

Dolores Hope [[Dolores L. DeFina; 1909-2011; singer, entertainer and philanthropist; wife/widow of Bob Hope) -

Dashiell Hammett [[Samuel Dashiell Hammett; 1894-1961; author, screenwriter and political activist; Sam Spade - 'The Maltese Falcon'; Nick and Nora Charles - 'The Thin Man') -

Wild Bill Hickok [[James Butler Hickok; 1837-1876; lawman, gunfighter, gambler and folk hero) -

Lucile Watson [[1879-1962; actress; Fanny Farrelly in 'Watch On The Rhine') -

Arnold Bennett [[Enoch Arnold Bennett; 1867-1931; novelist; 'Anna Of The Five Towns'; 'The Old Wives' Tale'; 'The Clayhanger Family') -

Cornelius Vanderbilt [[1794-1877; business magnate and philanthropist) -

Happy Birthday: to everyone celebrating Birthdays on May 27th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 05-28-2020 at 05:31 PM.

But you have so many words of your own, Arr&bee...
    And sometimes in CAPITALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhh moe you are so kind.

May 28th:

Quote for the Day:

"Believe me when I say this; you can't please everyone in concert, even though I still want to.

Someone always wants you to sing a song that isn't necessarily on your set list."

- Gladys Knight.

Gladys Knight [[Gladys Maria Knight; R&B, soul, pop and gospel singer; songwriter, actress, businesswoman and author) -

John Fogerty [[John Cameron Fogerty; rock musician, singer and songwriter; lead singer, lead guitarist and principal songwriter with Creedence Clearwater Revival) -

Roland Gift [[Roland Lee Gift; rock singer, songwriter and actor; lead singer with Fine Young Cannibals) -

Kylie Minogue [[Kylie Ann Minogue; pop, dance and disco singer, songwriter, dancer and actress) -

Billy Vera [[William Patrick McCord; R&B, pop and rock singer, songwriter, actor, author and music historian) -

Arto Lindsay [[Arthur Morgan Lindsay; avant-garde jazz guitarist, singer, record producer and experimental composer) -

Mark Feehily [[Markus Michael Patrick Feehily; pop, soul and R&B singer and songwriter; Westlife) -

Carroll Baker [[retired actress; Baby Doll Meighan in 'Baby Doll', 1956) -

Remembering: those also born on this date. but who have now passed away:

John Karlen [[John Adam Karlewicz; 1933-2020; multiple roles on ABC soap opera 'Dark Shadows'; Harvey Lacey on CBS TV crime series 'Cagney & Lacey') -

Tommy Ladnier [[Thomas James Ladnier; 1900-1939; jazz trumpeter) -

John McGeoch [[John Alexander McGeoch; 1955-2004; post-punk and new wave guitarist with Siouxsie and The Banshees) -
    [[some sources state August 28th as date of birth) -

Sondra Locke [[Sandra Louise Smith; later Anderson; 1944-2018; actress and film director) -

T-Bone Walker [[Aaron Thibeaux Walker; 1910-1975; blues guitarist, singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist) -

Wendy O. Williams [[Wendy Orlean Williams; 1949-1998; punk rock and heavy metal singer, songwriter and actress) -

Betty Shabazz [[Betty Dean Sanders; 1936-1997; educator and civil rights advocate) -
    [[some sources state 1934 as year of birth)

Marshall Reed [[Marshall Jewel Reed; 1917-1980; actor) -

Rachel Kempson [[1910-2003; actress; Lady Belfield in 'Out Of Africa', 1985) -

Thora Hird [[1911-2003; actress and comedian, presenter and writer) -

Ian Fleming [[Ian Lancaster Fleming; 1908-1964; author, journalist and naval intelligence officer; creator of the 'James Bond' spy novel series) -

Happy Birthday: to everyone celebrating Birthdays on May 28th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 05-28-2020 at 05:41 PM.

West,I'm typing this one in small letters because it's serious question,now my friend,have you ever considered a career as an celebrity interviewer? because you do such an excellent job with the birthdays which I'm sure takes some research that I could picture you sitting down one on one with the legends,just curious.

Well Arr&bee, if that's a serious question, then the serious answer is no, I have never considered a career as a celebrity interviewer.

And I have to say it would seem too late in life to be doing it now, after over half a century involved in sales, and running a retail partnership.

I have always enjoyed setting words down, learning about people [[and not just the famous), and details about them.

But, since you now mention it, and being a very consistent and entertaining Soulful Detroit contributor yourself, you have given me an idea.

How would you feel about being the subject of a lighthearted music-related interview right here?

May 29th:

Quote for the Day:

"I'm blessed to be surrounded by so much talent - I have a lovely family, a great husband and I'm very happy.

A little success on my own terms would make my life complete."

- Rebbie Jackson.

La Toya Jackson [[La Toya Yvonne Jackson; R&B, pop and dance singer and songwriter; 'Heart Don't Lie') -

Rebbie Jackson [[Maureen Reillette Jackson-Brown; pop, R&B, soul and dance singer; 'Centipede') -

Noel Gallagher [[Noel Thomas David Gallagher; singer, songwriter and musician; songwriter, lead guitarist and co-lead vocalist with Oasis) -

Mel B [[Melanie Janine Brown; pop, hip hop and dance singer, songwriter, rapper, television personality, actress and author; 'Scary Spice'; The Spice Girls) -

Mel Gaynor [[Mel George Gaynor; rock drummer and vocalist; Simple Minds) -

Gary Brooker [[rock singer, songwriter and pianist; co-founder and lead singer of Procol Harum; 'A Whiter Shade Of Pale') -

Eugene Wright [[Eugene Joseph Wright; jazz bass player; Dave Brubeck Quartet) -

Annette Bening [[Annette Carol Bening; actress; Sydney Ellen Wade in 'The American President',1995; Carolyn Burnham in 'American Beauty', 1999) -

Helmut Berger [[Helmut Steinberger; actor; King Ludwig II of Bavaria in 'Ludwig', 1973) -

David Burtka [[David Michael Burtka; actor and chef; 'How I Met Your Mother' and 'The Play About The Baby') -

Rupert Everett [[Rupert James Hector Everett; actor and writer; George Downes in 'My Best Friend's Wedding', 1997; Lord Arthur Goring in 'An Ideal Husband', 1999) -

Ted Levine [[Frank Theodore Levine; actor; Buffalo Bill in 'The Silence Of The Lambs', 1991; Leland Stottlemeyer on 'Monk', 2002-2009) -

John F. Kennedy [[John Fitzgerald Kennedy; 1917-1963; 35th U.S. President, 1961-1963) -

Bob Hope [[Leslie Townes Hope; 1903-2003; comedian, actor and singer; 'The Road' movies; 'Thanks For The Memory') -

Mike Porcaro [[Michael Joseph Porcaro; 1955-2015; rock bass player; Toto) -

Clifton James [[George Clifton James; 1920-2017; actor; Sheriff J.W. Pepper in the 'James Bond' films 'Live And Let Die' and 'The Man With The Golden Gun') -

Iris Adrian [[Iris Adrian Hostetter; 1912-1994; actress and dancer; Disney Films, and television series) -

T.H.White [[Terence 'Tim' Hanbury White; 1906-1964; author; 'The Once And Future King'; 'The Sword In The Stone') -

G. K. Chesterton [[Gilbert Keith Chesterton; 1874-1936; writer, poet and philosopher; the 'Father Brown' series of short stories) -

Beatrice Lillie [[Beatrice Gladys Lillie; 1894-1989; actress, singer and comedic performer; Mrs Meers in 'Thoroughly Modern Millie') -

Happy Birthday: to everyone celebrating Birthdays on May 29th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 05-29-2020 at 06:28 PM.

May 30th:

Quote for the Day:

"It was my pleasure to work with the artists, because they were diamonds in the rough. They just needed grooming and needed to find out who they were, and that they were loved...and would be, and believe that they could be successful, wherever."

- Maxine Powell.

CeeLo Green [[singer, rapper, songwriter, record producer, and actor; Gnarls Barkley) -

Idina Menzel [[actress, singer and songwriter; Elphaba in 'Wicked', and Queen Elsa in 'Frozen'; 'Let It Go') -

Wynonna Judd [[country ,usic singer; The Judds) -

Tom Morello [[musician, singer, songwriter, actor and political activist) -

Topper Headon [[drummer; The Clash) -

Ralph Carter [[actor and singer; Travis Younger in 'Raisin'; and Michael Evans on 'Good Times')

Keir Dullea [[actor; David Bowman in '2001: A Space Odyssey') -

Ruta Lee [[actress; Ruth in 'Seven Brides For Seven Brothers') -

Colm Meaney [[actor; Miles O'Brien in 'Star Trek') -

Gladys Horton [[Gladys Catherine Horton; 1945-2011; R&B and pop singer; founder and joint lead singer, The Marvelettes) -

Maxine Powell [[Maxine Blair; 1915-2013; etiquette instructor and talent agent) -

Delores Marie 'D'Marie' Warren [[1951-1985; singer; Alton, McClain & Destiny) -

Marie Frederiksson [[1958-2019; singer, songwriter and pianist; Roxette) -

Stepin Fetchit [[Lincoln Perry; 1902-1985; comedian and film actor) -

Michael J. Pollard [[1939-2019; actor; C.W. Moss in 'Bonnie and Clyde') -

Clint Walker [[1927-2018; actor; Cheyenne Bodie on 'Cheyenne') -

Benny Goodman [[1909-1986; jazz and swing musician, clarinettist and bandleader; 'The King Of Swing') -

Pee Wee Erwin [[1913-1981; jazz trumpeter) -

Mel Blanc [[1908-1989; voice actor, actor, radio comedian and recording artist) -

Meredith MacRae [[1944-2000; actress and singer, Sally Morrison on 'My Three Sons' and Billie Jo Bradley on 'Petticoat Junction') -

High Griffith [[1912-1980; actor; Sheik Ildirim in 'Ben Hur') -

Douglas Fowley [[1911-1998; actor; Roscoe Dexter in 'Singin' In The Rain'; Doc Holliday on 'The Life And Legend of Wyatt Earp) -

Doris Packer [[1904-1979; actress; Mrs Cornelia Rayburn on 'Leave it To Beaver') -

Howard Hawks [[1896-1977; film director, producer and screenwriter) -

Irving Thalberg [[1899-1936; film producer) -

Cornelia Otis Skinner [[1899-1979; actress, playwright, biographer and humorist) -

Peter Carl Faberge [[1846-1920; jeweller; Faberge Eggs) -

Happy Birthday: to everyone celebrating Birthdays on May 30th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 05-30-2020 at 07:34 PM.

well arr&bee, if that's a serious question, then the serious answer is no, i have never considered a career as a celebrity interviewer.

And i have to say it would seem too late in life to be doing it now, after over half a century involved in sales, and running a retail partnership.

I have always enjoyed setting words down, learning about people [[and not just the famous), and details about them.

But, since you now mention it, and being a very consistent and entertaining soulful detroit contributor yourself, you have given me an idea.

How would you feel about being the subject of a lighthearted music-related interview right here?
    ok,west shoot!

OK Arr&bee...then here we go...

Where were you, when you first heard music which inspired you?

And what are your first memories of that music?

1956,my mom has the radio on which was an everyday thing in my house,and the music was cranking,long before there was a Motown I was sitting by the radio swinging my little legs because they couldn't reach the floor yet,groovin to the music.

I'm curious, R&B........
    Do you remember any of the songs that were on the radio???

In those days, here in the UK we had only national radio stations. Maybe just the one, the British Broadcasting Company [[BBC).

Do you think the radio station your mom selected for music would have been national, or a local radio station?

And yes, like Moe, I'm wondering if you can remember any particular records?

May 31st:

Quote for the Day:

"They say marriages are made in Heaven.

But so is thunder and lightning."

- Clint Eastwood.

Paulinho Da Costa [[Paulo Roberto da Costa; Brazilian percussionist) -

Richard Dunbar [[R&B singer; The Knight Brothers; 'Temptation 'Bout To Get Me') -

Peter Yarrow [[folk singer, songwriter, guitarist and record producer; Peter, Paul and Mary) -

Augie Meyers [[August Meyers; rock musician, singer, songwriter, performer, studio musician, producer and record label owner; founding member of Sir Douglas Quintet, also The Texas Tornados) -

Junior Campbell [[William Campbell, Jr.; rock composer, songwriter, musician; founding member, lead guitarist, pianist and singer with Marmalade) -

Karl Bartos [[electronic and synthpop musician, vocalist, keyboardist and composer; Kraftwerk)

Fritz Hilpert [[Friedrich Hilpert; electronic percussionist and audio engineer; Kraftwerk) -

Danny Pearson [[Daniel Jons Pearson; guitarist and vocalist; bassist with American Music Club)

Corey Hart [[Corey Mitchell Hart; pop rock singer; 'Sunglasses At Night'; 'Never Surrender') -

Wendy Smith [[pop and jazz-pop vocalist, guitarist and keyboardist; Prefab Sprout) -

Darryl McDaniels [[Darryl Matthews McDaniels; DMC; hip hop musician, rapper and producer; Run-D.M.C.) -

Scotti Hill [[Scott Lawrence Mulvehill; heavy metal guitarist, singer and songwriter; Skid Row) -

Steve White [[Steven Douglas White; rock and funk drummer, Paul Weller; The Style Council) -

Clint Eastwood [[Clinton Eastwood, Jr.; actor; film maker, musician and political figure) -

Tom Berenger [[Thomas Michael Moore; actor; Staff Sergeant Bob Barnes in 'Platoon', 1986; Jim Vance on TV mini-series 'Hatfields and McCoys'; 2012) -

Sandrine Bonnaire [[actress, film director and screenwriter) -

Hugh Dillon [[hard rock and rock 'n' roll musician, singer and actor) -

Colin Farrell [[Colin James Farrell; actor; Pvt. Roland Bozz in 'Tigerland', 2000; Ray in 'In Bruges', 2008; David in 'The Lobster', 2015; ) -

Sharon Gless [[Sharon Marguerite Gless; actress; Maggie Philbin on 'Switch', 1975-1978; Sgt. Christine Cagney on 'Cagney and Lacey', 1982-1988; Rosie O'Neill on 'The Trials Of Rosie McNeill', 1990-1992'; Madeline Westen on 'Burn Notice', 2007-2013) -

Brooke Shields [[Brooke Christa Shields; actress; model and former child star; Violet in 'Pretty Baby', 1978; Susan Keane on 'Suddenly Susan', 1996-2000) -

Vicki Sue Robinson [[1954-2000; actress and singer; 'Turn The Beat Around') -

Rainer Werner Fassbinder [[1945-1982; film director, screenwriter, film producer and actor) -

Jim Hutton [[1934-1979; actor; 'Ellery Queen') -

Shirley Verrett [[1931-2010; operatic mezzo-soprano) -

Denholm Elliott [[1922-1992; actor) -

Alida Valli [[1921-2006; actress) -

Don Ameche [[1908-1993; actor and voice artist; Art Selwyn in 'Cocoon') -

Walt Whitman [[1819-1892; poet, essayist and journalist) -

Happy Birthday: to everyone celebrating Birthdays on May 31st.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 06-01-2020 at 04:47 PM.

I Little Richard..James Brown[Please,Please]..Hound Dog[Big Mama Thornton]...the stations were local,but both Black And White Artist were played.

Was it mainly black artists being played, with some white?

If so, were your local stations unusual in doing that?

I have the impression that a lot of US local radio stations from that time would have played mainly white artists, and not so many black - which made it difficult for black artists to gain exposure?

In Memory of Marilyn Monroe [[June 1, 1926 - August 5, 1962)
    Name:  MM.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  68.8 KB
    Happy 94th Birthday.

June 1st:

Quote for the Day:

"Dreaming about being an actress is more exciting than being one."

- Marilyn Monroe.

Charlene [[Charlene Marilynn D'Angelo; Charlene Duncan Oliver; easy listening and R&B singer, pianist, songwriter, record producer and author; 'I've Never Been To Me') -

Linda Scott [[Linda Joy Sampson; pop singer and actress; 'I've Told Every Little Star') -

Morgan Freeman [[actor, film director and narrator; Leo 'Fast Black' Smalls, Jr. in 'Street Smart', 1987; Hoke Colburn in 'Driving Miss Daisy', 1989; Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding in 'The Shawshank Redemption', 1994; Eddie 'Scrap Iron' Dupris in 'Million Dollar Baby', 2004; Nelson Mandela in 'Invictus', 2009) -

Alanis Morissette [[Alanis Nadine Morissette; alternative rock singer-songwriter, musician, multi-instrumentalist, record producer and actress) -

Pat Boone [[Patrick Charles Eugene Boone; pop and country singer, composer, actor, writer, television personality, motivational speaker and spokesman) -

Jim McCarty [[James William McCarty; hard rock guitarist; Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels)

Ronnie Wood [[Ronald David Wood; rock musician, singer, songwriter, artist and radio personality; The Rolling Stones) -

Jason Donovan [[Jason Sean Donovan; actor and singer) -

Graham Russell [[Graham Cyril Russell; musician, songwriter, singer and guitarist; Air Supply) -
    [[some sources state June 11 as date of birth)

Tom Robinson [[Thomas Giles Robinson; punk rock and new wave singer, songwriter, bassist, radio presenter and LGBT activist; 'Glad To be Gay'; '2-4-6-8- Motorway') -

John Ellis [[alternative rock guitarist and songwriter; founder member of The Vibrators)

Ronnie Dunn [[Ronald Gene Dunn; country singer, songwriter and record executive; Brooks & Dunn) -

Jesse Johnson [[Jesse Woods Johnson; funk, rock and R&B guitarist; The Time) -

Roger Sanchez [[house music DJ, remixer and producer) -

Remembering:
    those also born on this date, but who have now passed away:

Marilyn Monroe [[Norma Jeane Mortenson; Norma Jeane Baker; 1926-1962; actress and model; Sugar 'Kane' Kowalczyk in 'Some Like It Hot', 1959) -

Cleavon Little [[Cleavon Jake Little; 1939-1992; actor; Sheriff Bart in 'Blazing Saddles', 1974) -

Nelson Riddle [[Nelson Smock Riddle, Jr; 1921-1985; arranger, composer, bandleader and orchestrator) -

Johnny Bond [[Cyrus Whitfield Bond ;1915-1978; country music entertainer) -

Pat Corley [[Cleo Pat Corley; 1930-2006; actor, bar owner Phil, on 'Murphy Brown') -

Edward Woodward [[Edward Albert Arthur Woodward; 1930-2009; actor; Robert McCall on 'The Equaliser') -

Andy Griffith [[Andy Samuel Griffith; 1926-2012; actor; television producer, gospel singer and writer; 'The Andy Griffith Show'; Ben Matlock on 'Matlock') -

Joan Caulfield [[Beatrice Joan Caulfield; 1922-1991; actress and former model; Matilda Frazier in 'The Unsuspected') -

John Randolph [[Emanuel Hirsch Cohen; 1915-2004; actor) -

Robert Newton [[Robert Guy Newton; 1905-1956; actor; Long John Silver in 'Treasure Island') -

Frank Morgan [[Francis Phillip Wuppermann; 1890-1949; actor; Professor Marvel / The Wizard in 'The Wizard Of Oz') -

Clive Brook [[Clifford Hardman Brook; 1887-1974; actor) -

John Masefield [[John Edward Masefield; 1878-1967; poet and writer) -

Happy Birthday: to everyone celebrating Birthdays on June 1st.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 06-01-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Yep.mostly black with white mixed in which was not so unusual in those days.

Can you remember the first record you ever bought, after hearing it on the radio?

Oh yeah,it was in the Summer of[64]and the song was-Girl Why You Wanna Make Me Blue,which is of course by the mighty Temptations,and my favorite song by them.

Still one of my own favourites, too.

First record I ever bought wasn't actually Motown...it was 'You're No Good', Betty Everett [[Stateside SS 259 here in UK!)

We didn't even have a record player at that time, but my friend did, and I just HAD to have that record haha.

Couldn't get over the moodiness of it...and those footstomps provided by The Dells, although I didn't learn that until much much later

I can thank Pittsburgh's DJ Legend Porky Chedwick for the first single I heard then bought:
    Knock on Wood by Eddie Floyd. It was much better than the polkas my parents were playing!

My ear instinctively went for those solid bass and drum sounds heard over the transistor radio.

They couldn't exactly resonate in the same way as they did when played on a record player, but they sure did present the records to best effect.

The British cover versions of the US records I would hear [[example, Swinging Blue Jeans' 'You're No Good') really irritated me, as they were the ones to make the charts, but their production values sounded so lack lustre and second rate....

June 2nd:

Quote for the Day:

"It was like a family.

We were so close, and still are.

Brian and Edward [[Holland) and I, golly, we go out for lunch, as old as we are. We creep along, A few of us are still here.

It's unbelievable the way we still cling to each other."

- Janie Bradford; 'Money', Poetry and Philanthropy; Adam White, West Grand Blog; 29 March 2019.

Janie Bradford [[songwriter; co-writer of 'Money [[That's What I Want)', with Berry Gordy, Jr; co-writer of 'Too Busy Thinking About My Baby', with Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong) -

Sammy Turner [[Samuel Black; rock and roll and R&B singer; 'Lavender-Blue'; 'Always') -

Wayne Brady [[Wayne Alphonso Brady; actor, singer, comedian and television personality; 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?') -

Chubby Tavares [[Antone Lee Tavares; R&B, funk and soul singer; The Tavares) -

Charlie Watts [[Charles Robert Watts; rock, jazz and blues drummer; The Rolling Stones) -

Tony Hadley [[Anthony Patrick Hadley; singer, songwriter, occasional stage actor and radio presenter; former lead singer with Spandau Ballet) -

Earl Young [[Earl Donald Young; disco and soul drummer, founder and leader of The Trammps)

Michael Steele [[Susan Nancy Thomas; pop rock bassist, guitarist, songwriter and singer; The Bangles) -

Stacey Keach [[Walter Stacey Keach, Jr; actor; the 'Mike Hammer' television films and series) -

Liam Cunningham [[actor; Davros Seaworth on 'Games Of Thrones') -

Joan Pringle [[former actress; Vice Principal Sybil Buchanan on 'The White Shadow') -

Charles Haid [[Charles Maurice Haid III; actor and director; Officer Andy Renko on 'Hill Street Blues') -

Jerry Mathers [[Gerald Patrick Mathers; actor; Theodore 'Beaver' Cleaver on 'Leave it To Beaver') -

William Guest [[William Franklin Guest; 1941-2015; R&B and soul singer; The Pips) -
    [[some sources state July 2nd as date of birth)

Johnny Carter [[John E. Carter; 1934-2009; doo-wop and R&B singer; founding member pf The Flamingos; The Dells) -

Jimmy Jones [[James Jones; 1937-2012; pop, rock and roll and singer; 'Handy Man') -

Marvin Hamlisch [[Marvin Frederick Hamlisch; 1944-2012; composer and conductor) -

Charles Miller [[1939-1980; funk and rock saxophonist and flautist; War) -

Carl Butler [[Carl Robert Butler; 1927-1992; country singer and songwriter; Carl and Pearl Butler) -

Milo O'Shea [[Milo Donal O'Shea; 1926-2013; actor) -

Gil Stratton [[Gil Stratton, Jr; 1922-2008; actor and sportscaster) -

Max Showalter [[also Casey Adams; 1917-2000; actor, composer, pianist and singer) -

Barbara Pym [[Barbara Mary Crampton Pym; 1913-1980; novelist) -

Johnny Weissmuller [[Janos Weissmuller; 1904-1984; competition swimmer and actor; 'Tarzan')

Felix Weingartner [[Paul Felix Weingartner; 1863-1942; conductor, composer and pianist) -

Thomas Hardy [[1840-1928; novelist, poet and short story writer; 'Far From The Madding Crowd'; 'The Mayor Of Casterbridge'; 'Tess Of The D'Urbervilles') -

Howard Johnson [[1887-1941; lyricist; 'I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream') -

Edward Elgar [[Edward William Elgar; 1857-1934; composer; 'Enigma Variations'; 'Pomp And Circumstance Marches') -

Marquis de Sade [[Donatien Alphonse Francois de Sade; 1740-1814; aristocrat, revolutionary politician, philosopher and writer) -

Happy Birthday: to everyone celebrating Birthdays on June 2nd.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 06-02-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Thank you west,that was fun,now back to the movie business...moe something big coming your way soon!!

I can hardly wait...

Well Moe, while you're waiting, you could try watching some of Arr&bee's old movies?

Though it won't be easy.....because how can you watch something that exists only in someone else's imagination...

Westgrand, the only thing that would come CLOSE was the time R&B got stuck in a "SDF Closet" & had a 1 man show........

R&B, you know what I mean......

Indeed i do,i should've been nominated for a golden turkey for that one,but since it was filmed in a mind inside of a closet i lost out,a travesty,but i'm still filming these classic[polariod]films...oh moe and west you may want to check out the conversation between my nephew[liljai]and grady in the[sandbox]section of the archives.

Should I, westgrand?

Will you, Moe....?

And if you do, then counselling is available to you, as always....

MOE,YOU WON'T NEED COUNSELLING..[much]BUT IF YOU DO,I'LL REFER YOU TO THE TOP COUNSELOR IN DA HOOD...DR.NERVE RACK KIN...THIS QUACK-OPP-ERR-AHEM-HEHE..THIS QUICK THINKING PROFATEER-OPPS-ERR-AHEM-HEHE..PROFESSIONAL WILL GET RIGHT TO THE PROBLEM AND IF HE CAN'T FIND ONE,HE'LL GIVE YOU ONE,GET BACK TO ME!

June 3rd:

Quote for the Day:

"We took our time and worked out what the three guitars were going to do, especially in the beginning.

I did quite a bit of ad lib, because I had more of a blues feel, and my head was full of everything.

Robert [[White) was a good rhythm guy, and Joe [[Messina) often went note-for-note with the bass. I would ad lib in and out, never covering up anybody.

We had to play according to the record, you know - you didn't want to jam it up with a bunch of crap."

- Eddie 'Chank' Willis; PopMatters interview with Zeth Lundy; July 2008.

Deniece Williams [[June Deniece Chandler; soul, R&B, disco and gospel singer, songwriter and record producer; 'Free'; 'Let's Hear It For The Boy')

Eddie Holman [[R&B, soul, gospel and pop singer; 'Hey There Lonely Girl') -

Ian Hunter [[Ian Hunter Patterson; rock singer, songwriter and musician; lead singer with Mott The Hoople) -

Suzi Quatro [[Susan Kay Quatro; rock singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and actress; 'Can The Can') -

Dan Hill [[Daniel Grafton Hill IV; pop singer and songwriter; 'Sometimes When We Touch') -

Mike Freda [[Mike Dennis; doo-wop singer and co-founder of The Dovells; also The Magistrates; 'Bristol Stomp'; 'You Can't Sit Down') -

James Purefoy [[James Brian Mark Purefoy; actor; Mark Anthony on HBO series 'Rome'; Joe Carroll on 'The Following'; title role in 'Solomon Kane', 2009) -

Penelope Wilton [[Penelope Alice Wilton; actress; Isobel Crawley - later Grey - on 'Downton Abbey' television and film series) -

Irma P. Hall [[Irma Dolores Player Hall; actress; Aunt T. in 'A Family Thing', 1996; Marva Munson in 'The Ladykillers', 2004; Josephine 'Big Mama Joe' Joseph on 'Soul Food' 1997 film and later television series) -

Eddie 'Chank' Willis [[1936-2018; soul & R&B guitarist and musician; The Funk Brothers) -

Curtis Mayfield [[Curtis Lee Mayfield; 1942-1999; soul, funk and R&B singer, songwriter, guitarist and record producer; The Impressions; 'Superfly') -

Dakota Staton [[Aliyah Rabia; 1930-2007; jazz, R&B, soul and blues singer; 'The Late, Late Show') -

Boots Randolph [[Homer Louis Randolph III; 1927-2007; saxophonist; 'Yakety Sax') -
    Michael Clarke [[Michael James Dick; 1946-1993; rock drummer; The Byrds) -

David Cole [[David Byron Cole; 1962-1995; songwriter, dance and house record producer, remixer; C+C Music Factory) -

Billy Powell [[William Norris Powell; 1952-2009; rock keyboardist with Lynyrd Skynyrd) -

Dave Alexander [[David Michael Alexander; 1947-1975; protofunk bassist; The Stooges) -

Mickey Finn [[Michael Norman Finn; 1947-2003; psychedelic folk and glam rock percussionist; T.Rex) -

Josephine Baker [[Freda Josephine McDonald; 1906-1975; cabaret and music hall, French pop and jazz singer, dancer and actress) -

Paulette Goddard [[Marion Levy; 1910-1990; actress, film producer, dancer and model; 'Reap The Wild Wind') -

Tony Curtis [[Bernard Schwartz; 1925-2010; actor; Joe/Josephine/Shell Oil Junior in 'Some Like It Hot',1959) -

Coleen Dewhurst [[Coleen Rose Dewhurst; 1924-1991; actress; Avery Brown on CBS sitcom 'Murphy Brown') -

Ellen Corby [[Ellen Hansen Corby; 1911-1999; actress; Aunt Trina in 'I Remember Mama', 1948; Esther 'Grandma' Walton on CBS 'The Waltons') -

Edward Winter [[Edward Dean Winter; 1937-2001; actor; Colonel Samuel Flagg on 'M*A*S*H'; Ernst Ludvig in original Broadway production of 'Cabaret', and J.D. Sheldrake in original Broadway production of 'Promises, Promises' ) -

Maurice Evans [[Maurice Herbert Evans; 1901-1989; actor; Dr. Zaius in 'Planet Of The Apes'' Maurice on 'Bewitched') -

Leo Gorcey [[Leo Bernard Gorcey; 1917-1969; Slip Mahoney in 'The Bowery Boys' films) -

Eddie Acuff [[Edward DeKalb Acuff; 1903-1956; actor; Mr Beasley the postman, in the 'Blondie' films) -

Jan Peerce [[Jacob Pincus Perelmuth; 1904-1984; operatic tenor; New York Metropolitan Opera)

Happy Birthday: to everyone celebrating Birthdays on June 3rd.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 06-04-2020 at 02:00 PM.