[REMOVE ADS]

Page 8 of 780 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast
    September 19th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Freda Payne :
    soul/R&B singer and actress from Detroit, best known for 'Band Of Gold' [[1970).

Lloyd Parks :
    R&B/soul singer; a founding member of The Epsilons, and an original [[and now sole surviving) member of the Blue Notes.

Nile Rodgers :
    musician, producer and guitarist. Lead guitarist and co-founding member [[with Bernard Edwards) of Chic.

Bill Medley :
    singer and songwriter, best known as one half [[with Bobby Hatfield) of The Righteous Brothers.

Candy Dulfer :
    Dutch smooth jazz and funk alto saxophonist.

Adam West :
    William West Anderson, actor; best known for playing the title in the 1960s TV series, and feature film, 'Batman'.

Twiggy [[Lesley Lawson) :
    English model, actress and singer

Jeremy Irons :
    English actor

Paul Williams :
    composer, singer, songwriter and actor

Remembering :
    those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Brook Benton [[1931-1988) :
    Benjamin Franklin Peay, singer and songwriter, most popular in late 1950s/early 1960s

Cass Elliot [[1941-1974) :
    Ellen Naomi Cohen; singer and original member of The Mamas & The Papas

Billy Ward [[1921-2002) :
    R&B singer, co-founder of The Dominoes, formerly The Ques.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating today
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-19-2015 at 04:51 PM.

That pig might be in a pickle, westgrand.........

I hope nobody tries to grab one of em alone...bad move.

September 20th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

'Sweet Pea' Atkinson :
    R&B vocalist, former member of The Boneshakers, and Was [[Not Was), best known for 'Walk The Dinosaur' [[1987). The group featured on Sweet Pea's solo album 'Don't Walk Away', 1982.

Sophia Loren :
    Sofia Villani Scicolone; Italian film actress. Academy Award winner for Best Actress, 'Two Women', 1962, and Honorary Academy Award in 1991. Cecil B. DeMille Award for Special Achievements, 1995.

Remembering :

Chico Hamilton [[1921-2013) :
    jazz drummer and bandleader. Played with Lionel Hampton, Lester Young, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Billy Eckstine, Nat King Cole, Sammy Davis Jr., Billie Holiday, and Lena Horne.

Anne Meara
    [[1929-2015) :
    actress and comedian. One half of comedy duo Stiller and Meara, with husband Jerry Stiller. Mother of actors Amy and Ben Stiller. Nominated for four Emmy and one Tony awards, and winner of Writers Guild Award as co-writer for TV movie 'The Other Woman' [[1983).

Eric Gale [[1938-1994) :
    jazz and session guitarist. Recorded with artists including Aretha Franklin, Lena Horne, Quincy Jones, Bob Marley, Nina Simone and Van Morrison.

Robert Keith 'Keef Cowboy' Wiggins [[1960-1989) :
    rapper with Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five, who are best known for 'Freedom', 'Birthday' and 'The Message'.

Upton Sinclair [[1878-1968) :
    novelist, writer and journalist. Best known for 'The Jungle',' The Brass Check', the 'Sylvia' novels and the 'Lanny Budd' series of novels.

Deah Dame [[1958-1994) :
    Debra Jean Hurd; singer and lyricist; one half of R&B duo Damian Dame. Best remembered for 'Exclusivity',' Right Down To It', and 'Gotta Learn My Rhythm'.

Happy Birthday :
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-21-2015 at 10:37 AM.

September 21st : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

G. C. Cameron :
    George Curtis Cameron, soul and R&B singer; best known for lead voice on Detroit Spinners hit 'It's A Shame' [[1970) and solo hit 'It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday', [[1975). He returned to the Detroit Spinners 2000-2002, before joining The Temptations 2003-2007.

Trugoy The Dove/Dave :
    David Duke Jolicoeur; rapper, producer; one third of De La Soul.

Corinne Drewery :
    English singer-songwriter and fashion designer; best known as lead voice of Swing Out Sister.

Bill Murray :
    actor and comedian. Emmy Award for Saturday Night Live. Notable film work includes 'Tootsie', 'Ghostbusters', 'Scrooged'. Golden Globe award for Best Actor, also Academy Award nomination, for 'Lost In Translation'.

Stephen King :
    author of contemporary horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, science fiction and fantasy. Notable film adaptations include 'Christine', 'Children Of The Corn', 'Pet Sematary', ' The Dead Zone', 'Stand By Me' , 'The Shawshank Redemption', 'Misery', 'The Shining' and 'Carrie'.

Faith Hill :
    country pop singer, and actress. Grammy Award winner for 'Breathe', 'Let's Make Love' [[with Tim McGraw), 'Cry', and 'Like We Never Loved At All' [[with Tim McGraw).

Liam Gallagher :
    English musician, singer and songwriter. Best known as original founder [[with brother Noel) and lead singer of Oasis, and also Beady Eye. Notable work includes 'Wonderwall' and 'Champagne Supernova'.

Nicole Richie :
    fashion designer, author, actress and television personality. Daughter of Lionel Richie. Best known for Fox reality TV series 'The Simple Life' [[2003-2007).

Leonard Cohen :
    Canadian singer, songwriter, musician, painter, poet and novelist. Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, 2010.

Remembering : those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Larry Hagman [[1931-2012) :
    film and television actor, director and producer, best known as J.R.Ewing in 1980s television soap opera 'Dallas', and Major Anthony 'Tony' Nelson in 1960s television sitcom 'I Dream Of Jeannie'.

H. G. Wells [[1866-1946) :
    English novelist, teacher, historian and journalist. Best remembered for his science fiction novels 'The Time Machine' [[1895), 'The Island of Doctor Moreau' [[1896), 'The Invisible Man' [[1897), and 'The War Of The Worlds' [[1898).

Happy Birthday: to everyone celebrating today
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-21-2015 at 10:38 AM.

Hey west,when is ms.moe[superstar]birthday? Her public demands to know.

If Ms Moe [[Superstar) wishes it, then you and her public may see her Birthday celebrated on this very thread.

But....if Ms Moe [[Superstar) is like you, and does not wish it, then you and her public WON'T see it celebrated on this very thread...and I shall simply send her a quiet, personal message.

Discretion is the key word for this agency!

West you're good,i can see why ms.moe[superstar]hired you i mean the way you wormed out of that now in my case let's just say that it would be incriminating for me to reveal certain things,but ms.moe[superstar] is loved the world over and she even has one or two fans left in da hood although she snubbed a starring role in my latest and greatest celluloid classic.

Ms Moe [[Superstar) indeed felt she must graciously decline your offer for her to appear in your 'latest and greatest celluloid classic', simply because she knows that celluloid has not been used in the production of films for over 50 years, and that it is now mostly used for the production of table tennis balls.

That's not so good for her image..and neither would be the 'one or two fans left in da hood', as they must be moulting really badly by now.....

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...west you're the funniest englishman this side of[stan laurel]oh and while we're on the subject-i'm having a celluloid fire sale reel cheap,hehehehe!!!

Oh!

Title : 'The Old Flame' :

Leading lady bravely saves film director, after he is trapped in a warehouse full of burning celluloid.

Do I detect a potential story line there.....?
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-22-2015 at 03:45 PM.

September 22nd : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Shirley Jones :

stage, film and television singer and actress

Marlena Shaw :
    Marlina Burgess, jazz, blues and soul singer

King Sunny Ade :
    Sunday Adeniyi, Nigerian musician, singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist

Debbie Boone :
    singer, author and actress

Mystikal :
    Michael Lawrence Tyler, rapper and actor

Billie Piper :
    Leian Paul Piper, English singer, dancer and actress

Joan Jett :
    rock guitarist, singer, songwriter, producer and occasional actress

Andrea Bocelli :
    Italian classical tenor, recording artist and singer-songwriter

Nick Cave :
    Australian musician, songwriter, author, screenwriter, composer and occasional actor

Remembering :

Michael Faraday
    [[1791-1867) :
    English scientist, who contributed to the fields of electromagnetism and electrochemistry.

A personal dedication to my Mum, Mavis Rosemary [[1924-2012), born 91 years ago on today's date, and remembered every day with a happy heart.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating today

September 23rd : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Paul Petersen :
    actor, singer, novelist and activist

Wallace 'Scotty' Scott, and Walter Scott :
    twin brothers, soul singers, and original members of The Whispers

Les McCann :
    soul jazz pianist and vocalist

Bruce 'The Boss' Springsteen :
    musician, singer, songwriter and humanitarian

Julio Iglesias :
    Spanish singer and songwriter

Remembering : those who were also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Ray 'The Genius' Charles [[1930-2014) :
    singer, songwriter,musician and composer

John 'Trane' Coltrane [[1926-1967) :
    jazz saxophonist and composer

Mickey Rooney [[1920-2014) :
    actor of film, television, Broadway, radio and vaudeville
    Charlie Barnett [[1954-1996) :
    actor and comedian

Augustus [[Imperator Caesar Divi Filius Augustus) [[63 BC - 14 AD) :
    founder of the Roman Empire, and its first Emperor [[27 BC - 14 AD)

Happy Birthday :
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-24-2015 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    oh!

Title : 'the old flame' :

Leading lady bravely saves film director, after he is trapped in a warehouse full of burning celluloid.

Do i detect a potential story line there.....?
    hey west,i like that storyline...is a certain unnamed superstar available to play the damsel in distress...and none of that[cgi]fake stuff either i'm talking real live fire,don't worry i insure all my artist up to ten dollars,and no more[celluloid]i'm using this new stuff[polaroid].

Ah, but it is not the damsel who is in distress, but the film director, played by the leading man.

The leading lady would need to throw the 'damoiseau' over her shoulder, so a very strict diet might be required.

Plus, the bill for all the champagne required to quench the flames would be high. Think of all those retakes. And then there's the liquid nourishment required for all the cast......

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa...i'll take care of the liquids and the flames,now i'm gonna give a certain superstar whom i won't name one more chance to make the comeback that she needs and i'm the only movie exec small enough to pull it off,i've got my assistant[ms.typo]typing out a reworked contract for you and a certain superstar[to be named later]to look over.

I will certainly see that my client, Ms Moe [[Superstar), is given the opportunity to look over it. Ideally, it will be from a great height......

The Divine Ms M currently has a number of scripts to peruse, which is costing an absolute fortune in chocolates.

One with great promise has the working title 'West Grand Blvrd'. Ms Moe is being eagerly sought to play the leading female role, Desdemona Normal.

The greatest difficulty has been in casting the role of Miss Normal's companion and butler, former husband, former film director [[former everything, actually) and former hire car executive, Hertz Van Rental.

Who? Who?? Who??!... could possibly be found, possessing the depth of experience which would enable him to give this role the undeniable stamp of authority it deserves?
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-23-2015 at 04:53 PM.

West,that title has a familiar ring to it,hmmmmm where have i heard that name before?????well while i'm thinking i already have your leading man a veteran actor who has his face plastered-opps-err-ahen-hehe..his face pictured all over the cinamatic world..i give you-bootstrap booby,you may remember him from such classics as-twenty to life-guilty-life no chance of ever getting out-they'll never take me alive-they put me in sing sing but i wouldn't sing-a face only a warden would recognize,and his latest-i've busted out and heading for da hood...west,this is the guy,after one scene ms.moe will be so terrified-opps-err-ahem-hehe..will feel so terrific that she won't be able to sleep as a matter of fact since word of his homecoming the whole hood has been on lockdown-urr-umm in anticipation of this cinamatic polaroid moment.

OK WEST,HERE IS THE NEW CONTRACT...ATTN.MS.MOE[SUPERSTAR]ETCETERA,COMMA,EXCLAMATION POINT!TYPO TYPO...PARTIES OF THE OTHER PARTS SHALL NOW AND FUTHER MORE BE INCONBOBULATED FOR WITHIN AND WITHOUT BETWIXT AND BEYOND TOWARDS THE COMMON DECIMAL DECLARATION OF INCAMPABILISTATIONARY COMPANY WHEREAS THE PARTING PARTIES AGREE TO PARTY ON UNTIL WHICH OCCATION SAID PARTIES WILL BE TOTALLY INCOMBUTILATED TOWARDS THE GREATER CONDITIONS WHICH WILL CONSPIRE TO CO-EXIST IN POLAROID AND MAYBE PARANOA WHATEVER THE CURCUMFRANCE MAY BE,MOREOVER AND MADEOVER SAID PARTIES WILL PARTICIPATE IN A PARTING OF THE PARTS UNTIL AND UNTIED...ECETERA-ECETERA-YADA-YADA-YADA-small print-small print, MORE BIG PRINT YADA OK THAT'S IT...YOURS MOST PRONOMINALLY AND PREMATURALISTICALLY-RESIDENT AND ASSUMED CITIZEN OF SAID THINGS BIG AND SMALL-sign here.......!! YOURS TRULY!!!! or not>

September 24th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Jay Hoggard :

jazz vibrophonist

John Young :
    retired astronaut, naval officer and aviator, test pilot and aeronautical engineer

Wayne Henderson [[1939-2014) :
    soul jazz and hard bop trombonist and record producer

Jim Henson [[1936-1990) :
    puppeteer, artist, cartoonist, inventor, screenwriter, actor, film director and producer

F. Scott Fitzgerald [[1896-1940) :
    author of novels and short stories

Casey Johnson [[1979-2010) :
    heiress, socialite, celebutante, occasional actress, model and author

Wilson Rawls [[1913-1984) :
    writer, best known for 'Where The Red Fern Grows' [[1961) and 'Summer Of The Monkeys' [[1976)

Linda McCartney [[1941-1998) :
    musician, photographer and animal rights activist, entrepreneur and publisher

Dayton Allen [[1919-2004) :
    comedian and voice actor

Robert Lewis Taylor [[1912-1998) :
    author and winner of the 1959 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.

Ruhollah Khomeini [[1902-1989) :
    Iranian Ayatollah, revolutionary and politician.

A personal dedication to my Dad, Geoffrey Ford [[1923-2007), born 92 years ago on today's date, and remembered every day with a happy heart.

Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-24-2015 at 07:09 AM.

Hey west,i didn't think that the]ayatollah]had a birthday,i figured he just had his men point swords at the people and make em sing[happy birthday]hehehehe!!!

September 25th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Ryan Leslie :

Anthony Ryan Leslie, recording artist and record producer

Onnie McIntyre :
    Scottish rhythm guitarist and vocalist with The Average White Band

Eric 'Erro' Roberson :
    singer, songwriter and producer

Will Smith :
    actor, producer, rapper and songwriter.

Declan Donnelly :
    English television presenter and actor, best known as one half of 'Ant & Dec', with Anthony McPartlin

Mark Hamill :
    actor, writer, producer and director

Michael Douglas :
    film producer and stage and film actor

Catherine Zeta Jones :
    Welsh film, television and stage actress

Barbara Walters :
    broadcast journalist, author and television personality

Heather Locklear :
    television and film actress

Dee Dee Warwick [[1942-2008) :

Delia Mae Warrick, soul and R&B singer, sister of Dionne Warwick, niece of Cissy Houston, and cousin of the late Whitney Houston.

Sam Rivers [[1923-2011) :
    jazz musician and composer, performing on soprano and tenor saxophones, bass clarinet, flute harmonica and piano.

Joe 'Sweet Joe' Russell [[1939-2012) :
    doo wop singer, formerly with The Parisians, then The Persuasions, singing a cappella.

Cecil Womack [[1947-2013) :
    R&B singer, songwriter and record producer

Christopher Reeve [[1952-2004) :
    actor, film director, producer, screenwriter, author and activist.

William Faulkner [[1897-1962) :
    writer and Nobel Prize laureate.

Hey west,bootstrap booby is awaiting the arrival of a certain[superstar]to be named later to arrive for thier first scene together,he was gonna break out in goosebumps,but the geese are afraid of him but he is studying his line[one is all he could handle]...of course this is also a love story...he loves it when she reads him a story...who says i'm not romantic-this is the one we've been waiting for...golden turkeys here we come!!!

I've been looking all over town for a certain Ms Moe [[Superstar)....but she suddenly became most uncertain.

She heard Ralph was moving, then read the threads about friction around these parts, and took to the hills. Bought a shotgun. She should know the threads I recommend to her are the utmost in propriety...but she's not so sure about your plots.

Looks like Bootstrap Booby may have to wait a while.....

Umm that's not good bootstrap can't wait,he might forget his line i've hired a tutor for him[at ten cents a week] so this is no time for ms.moe[superststar]to pull one of her publicity stunts...this is costing me a fortune.

Ready..............aim...............

Arr&bee, you should now that Ms Moe [[Superstar) has appeared to rave reviews in 'Calamity Jane' and also , completely unrecognisable when playing 'old', as Granny Clampett in 'The Beverly Hillbillies'.

She has already received many awards. In the unlikely event of Ms Moe [[Superstar) ever accepting a Golden Turkey, it undoubtedly will be for a turkey which she, herself, has shot.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-26-2015 at 04:09 PM.

WHAT IS IT NOW,MORE MONEY?LOOK SHE MAY NOT GET RICH...[nobody gets rich but me,hehe]UMM ANYHOW IT'S ABOUT THE ART AND AS A SEASONED[SUPERSTAR]SHE CAN UNDERSTAND WHERE I'M COMING FROM I'VE GOT INVESTIGATORS-OPPS-ERR-AHEM-HEHE...INVESTORS TO ANSWER TO AND ARTIST LOOKING UP TO ME[somebody get those midgets outta here]UMM ANYHOW I'M SURE MS.MOE[SUPERSTAR]WILL MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION AND I LOOK FORWARD TO A NICE COLLABORATION ON THIS CLASSIC POLAROID CLASSIC COMING TO A HOOD NEAR YOU.

September 26th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Shawn Stockman :

R&B singer, best known as a member of Boyz II Men, and currently as a judge on NBC television show 'The Sing-Off'.

Gary Bartz :
    alto and soprano saxophonist and clarinettist.

Bryan Ferry :
    English singer-songwriter and musician, formerly with Roxy Music.

Cindy Herron :
    singer and actress, best known as a founding member of En Vogue.

Olivia Newton-John :
    English born Australian singer, songwriter and actress.

Tracy Thorn :
    English singer, songwriter and writer, best known as one half of Everything But The Girl.

Serena Williams :
    professional tennis player, currently ranked No. 1 in women's single tennis.

Nate Parker :
    drummer and backing vocalist with The Tide.

Christina Milian :
    Christine Marie Flores; singer, songwriter and actress.

Ricky Tomlinson :
    Eric Tomlinson; English actor, comedian, author and activist.

Melissa Sue Anderson :
    American-Canadian actress, beginning her career as a child actress.

Manmohan Singh :
    Indian economist, who served as Prime Minister of India [[2004-2014).

Anne Robinson :
    English television presenter and journalist.

Kent McCord :
    Kent Franklin McWhirter; actor best known for his role as Officer Jim Reed in television series Adam-12.

Remembering : those who were also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

George Gershwin [[1898-1937) :

composer and pianist.

Julie London [[1926-2000) :
    Gayle Peck; jazz and pop singer, actress and a former pin-up model.

Lyn Anderson [[1947-2015) :
    country music singer.

Donna Douglas [[1932-2015) :
    Doris Smith; actress and singer, latterly a real estate agent, gospel singer, inspirational speaker and author.

Marty Robbins [[1925-1982) :
    Martin David Robinson; singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and racing driver.

John Chapman [[1774-1845) :
    'Johnny Appleseed'; pioneer nurseryman who introduced apple trees to large areas of Pennsylvania, Ontario, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois, and also northern counties of present-day West Virginia.

T.S. Eliot [[1888-1965) :
    Thomas Stearns Eliot; poet, essayist, publisher, playwright, literary and social critic.

Happy Birthday :
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-26-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Hey west,what is[melissa sue]up to these days?did she retire or what,very good in[little house on the prarie]as the oldest daughter.

Melissa Sue lives in Montreal with her family, and her autobiography, 'The Way I See It - A Look Back At My Life On Little House', was published in 2010.

She is reported to be appearing in 'The Brits Are Coming', a forthcoming American-British jewel heist comedy.

Principal filming began on July 20th, so may still be filming at the present time.

Good for her,i like melissa and wish her luck.

Funny. I thought your capacity to like depended on how much $$ you could make [[or how much hooch you could drink).
    Doesn't sound like the R&B I know westgrand..........

Perhaps Arr&bee's messages are coming to us via a secretary he has engaged......

Either that or someone hijacked his account.

Will the real R&B please stand up?

If he can.

And what if he's been cloned......?

September 27th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Meat Loaf :

Michael Lee Aday [[born Marvin Lee Aday), musician and actor.

Glenn Jones :
    R&B/soul singer.

Linda Lewis :
    English singer, songwriter and guitarist.

Lil Wayne :

Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., rapper.

Avril Lavigne :
    Canadian-French singer and songwriter.

Gwyneth Paltrow :
    actress, singer and food writer.

Shaun Cassidy :
    television producer/creator, screenwriter and former singer-actor.

Wilford Brimley :
    Anthony Wilford Brimley; television and film actor.

Carrie Brownstein :
    musician, writer and actress.

Remembering :

Keith Barrow [[1954-1983) :

Disco/soul singer and songwriter.

William Conrad [[1920-1994) :
    actor, producer and writer.

Greg Morris [[1933-1996) :
    Francis Gregory Alan Morris; television and movie actor.

Jane Meadows [[1919-2015) :
    stage, film and television actress, also author and lecturer.

Yash Chopra [[1932-2012) :
    Indian film director, scriptwriter and film producer, predominantly working in Hindi cinema.

Samuel Adams [[1722-1803) :
    statesman, political philosopher, and one of the Founding Fathers of The United States.

Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-29-2015 at 07:19 AM.

If he was cloned, westgrand?
    That............is too much to think!!!

Speak quietly, Moe.

Arr&bees could be everywhere.

This 'da hood' he mentions could be entirely populated by them....
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-28-2015 at 04:10 PM.

September 28th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Keni Burke :
    R&B, soul, funk and jazz singer, songwriter, record producer and multi-instrumentalist; began career as a member of family group, The Five Stairsteps.

Jimmy 'Bo' Horne :
    musician, singer and recording artist.

Young Jeezy:
    Jay Wayne Jenkins; hip hop recording artist.

Brigitte Bardot :
    French former actress, singer and fashion model, latterly animal rights activist.

Naomi Watts :
    British actress.

Hilary Duff :
    actress and singer.

Mika Hakkinen :
    retired Finnish professional racing driver.

Karen Fairchild :
    country music singer, founder member of Little Big Town.

Dita Von Teese :
    Heather Renee Sweet; burlesque dancer, model, costume designer, entrepreneur and occasional actress.

Remembering :

Elbridge 'Al' Bryant [[1939-1975) :

R&B/soul singer, member of Otis Williams & The Siberians, The El Domingoes, The Distants and also The Elgins, before that group was renamed as The Temptations, of which he was a founder member.

Ben E. King [[1938-2015) :
    Benjamin Earl King; soul and R&B singer, and record producer. Best known as a lead vocalist with The Drifters, as well as for a successful solo career.

Koko Taylor [[1928-2009) :
    Cora Walton; Chicago blues singer.

Sean Levert [[1968-2008) :
    R&B singer, son of Eddie Levert, lead singer of The O'Jays.

Ed Sullivan [[1901-1974) :
    television personality, sports and entertainment reporter and longtime syndicated columnist for The New York Daily News. Best remembered as creator and host of The Toast Of The Town, later called The Ed Sullivan Show, the longest running variety show in US broadcast history.

Bhagat Singh [[1907-1931) :
    Indian socialist, considered to be an influential revolutionary of the Indian independence movement.

Thomas Crapper [[1836-1910) :
    English plumber, who increased popularity of the flush toilet, and invented the ballcock.

Confucius [[551-479 BC) :
    Chinese teacher, editor, politician and philosopher of the Spring and Autumn period of Chinese history.

Happy Birthday :
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-28-2015 at 05:27 PM.

I'm looking over my shoulder all the time, westgrand!!

Glasses with rear view mirrors offer an advantage, Moe.....

September 29th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Jean Luc Ponty :
    French virtuoso violinist and jazz composer.

Jerry Lee 'The Killer' Lewis :
    singer-songwriter, musician and pianist.

Mackenzie Crook :
    Paul James Crook; English actor, writer, director and stand-up comedian. Best known for playing Gareth Keenan in 'The Office', Ragetti in the Pirates of the Caribbean films, and Orell in the HBO series 'Game Of Thrones'.

Alfie Boe :
    English tenor and actor, performing mostly in musical theatre. Notable for his performances as Jean Valjean in the musical 'Les Miserables'.

Ian McShane :
    English television and film actor, director, producer and voice artist.

Patricia Hodge :
    English stage and television actress.

Madeline Kahn [[1942-1999) :
    actress, comedian and singer, most notable for her comedy roles, including Academy Award nominations for 'Paper Moon' [[1973) and 'Blazing Saddles' [[1974).

Greer Garson [[1904-1996) :
    English-Irish born actress, becoming a naturalised American citizen in 1951. Seven times Academy Award nominated, winning Best Actress for 'Mrs Miniver' [[1942).

Gene Autry [[1907-1998) :
    performed as a singing cowboy on radio, films and television. A major figure in the history of Country music, and the only person to be awarded stars in all five categories on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.

Horatio Nelson, Ist Viscount Nelson [[1758-1805) :
    Vice Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson; British flag officer in the Royal Navy, becoming Vice Admiral of the White, and was Commander In Chief, Mediterranean Fleet from 1803 until his death at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.

Miguel de Cervantes [[1547-1616) :
    Miguel de Cervantes Cortinas [[later, Saavedra); Spanish novelist, poet and playwright, also soldier and accountant. Best known as the writer of 'Don Quixote'.

Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-29-2015 at 07:14 AM.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... hey west,you two are a hoot,if that[superstar]thing don't work out the talented ms.moe[superstar]could try comedy,as a matter of fact i'm behind a new club opening in da hood soon and ms.moe[superstar]could get a tryout now i don't make any promises but i could put in a word for her and she could get on stage.

Oh and before you two get too geeked up,the hooch is still flowing and the money is still being made,as a matter of fact i have some investments i'll be discussing in the coming days west my good chap..let's do tea-pip,pip.

I never knew casinos served tea, while the punters discussed their 'investments'.......

WEST,WEST MY GOOD FELLOW,I HAVE A TEA HOUSE HERE IN DA HOUSE MATTER OF FACT IT'S RUN BY THE VERY REFINED...[and several times fined]MADAME TEAPOT BUT SHE'S VERY MYSTERIOUS NEVER LETS ANYONE SEE THOSE TEABAGS,I EXTEND AN INVITATION TO YOU AND A[SUPERSTAR]TO BE NAMED LATER TO JOIN ME...[well I won't actually be there]FOR A CUP OF THIS WONDERFULLY MYSTERIOUS TEA AND CONVERSATION,AND SHE SERVES FORTUNE COOKIES AS WELL...[ of course they may cost a fortune]BUT A WORLD TRAVELLER OF YOUR IMPORTANCE DOESN'T WORRY ABOUT SUCH SMALL DETAILS.

How many lumps westgrand?

I'd prefer manuka honey, if you please, Moe.

UMM MADAME TEAPOT DOESN'T SERVE[HONEY]YOU SEE SHE HAD THIS TEENY TINY ITTY BITTY PROBLEM WITH THE HONEY BEE'S UNION OVER HARVESTING THE HONEY FROM THE HIVES...[small thing about having a license from the health department]WELL SHE GOT STUNG ON THAT ONE,SO SHE SERVES A VERY NICE HONEY SUBTITUTE FROM A TREE SHE HAS OUT IN BACK NEAR THE INDUSTRIAL WASTE MISMANAGMENT PLANT...[just drink fast and don't ask questions]LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR VISIT.