[REMOVE ADS]

Page 15 of 780 FirstFirst ... 5 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 25 65 115 515 ... LastLast
    Ms.moe[superstar]happy new year,we're gonna do big things this year..the golden turkeys are gobblin your name,i'm working on my next polariod classic[to be named later]and there's a role for you,have west look me up for the details peace!!!

Thank you for your kind words, Moe!

This is all just a note of names which may mean something to someone - and some dates which indicate just how fast the time we all have here, is passing....
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-15-2016 at 07:53 PM.

Arr&bee [[A Happy New Year to you, too)....on behalf of my esteemed client, Ms Moe [[Superstar), I would be interested to know the working title of your next classic.

GOOD QUESTION...WELL IT'S GONNA BE A CLASSIC,SEE IT'S ABOUT AN ACTRESS WHO AFTER REPEATEDLY TURNING DOWN WONDERFUL SCRIPTS FROM A WANTED-OPPS-ERR-AHEM-HEHE..NOTED FILM PRODUCER FINALLY OUT OF BOREDOM-OPPS-ERR-AHEM-HEHE...CURIOUSITY GIVES IN AND BECOMES AN OVERNIGHT...[give or take a year or two]SENSATION...WHAT DO YA THINK....LOOKS LIKE A WINNER TO ME!!!

Well, I'll let you know what it looks like to Ms Moe - that is, if she doesn't tell you herself.....

January 15th : if this is your birthday, then you share it with :

Lisa Lisa :
    Lisa Velez; urban contemporary and freestyle vocalist; best known as a member of Cult Jam. Best known for 'Head To Toe', and 'Lost In Emotion'.

Pete Waterman :
    Peter Alan Waterman; English record producer, songwriter, radio and club DJ and television presenter. Best known as a member of Stock Aitken Waterman songwriting team, scoring over one hundred UK Top 40 hits for Rick Astley [['Never Gonna Give You Up' also a US #1), Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan, Donna Summer, Bananarama, and many other recording artists.

Mick Avory :
    Michael Charles 'Mick' Avory; English rock and pop musician, best known as drummer and percussionist with The Kinks, 1964-1984.

James Nesbitt :
    William James Nesbitt; stage, television and film actor, presenter and comedian. Best known for 'Cold Feet', 'Bloody Sunday', 'Murphy's Law' and 'Outcast'.

Claudia Winkleman :
    Claudia Ann Winkleman; television presenter, film critic, radio personality and journalist. Currently best known as presenter for 'Strictly Come Dancing' and 'The Film Programme'.

Remembering : those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Martin Luther King, Jr; [[1929-1968) :
    Baptist minister, activist, humanitarian and leader in the African-American Civil Rights movement. Best remembered for his role in the advancement of Civil Rights using non-violent disobedience, based on his Christian beliefs.

Dave Hamilton [[1920-1995) :
    jazz and R&B guitarist and vibraphone player, record producer and record label owner - including 'Tempo', 'Topper', 'TCB' and' Democratic'. Best remembered for being a session musician for Motown, circa 1959-1962; played on recordings which include 'Reet Petite', 'Lonely Teardrops', and 'Please Mr Postman'. Also John Lee Hooker's 'Boom Boom'. Notable solo recordings include 'Blue Vibrations' album on Workshop Jazz label.

Alphonso 'Fonce' Mizell [[1943-2011) :
    soul, funk and jazz record producer and songwriter. Best remembered as one half of The Mizell Brothers record producing duo, with brother Larry, - and also a member of Motown songwriting team 'The Corporation'. Notable work includes early Jackson 5 hits, also 'Bless You ' and Your Love Makes It All Worthwhile' for Martha Reeves & The Vandellas.

Sonny Bivins [[1936-2014) :
    Edward 'Sonny' Bivins; R&B singer; best remembered as baritone voice and founding member of The Manhattans. Notable recordings include 'Kiss And Say Goodbye' and 'Shining Star'.

Bobby Bloom [[1946-1974) :
    Robert 'Bobby' Bloom; pop, calypso and rock singer-songwriter, best remembered for 'Montego Bay', 1970.

Lloyd Bridges [[1913-1998) :
    Lloyd Vernet Bridges, Jr; television and film actor. Emmy Award nominations for 'The Alcoa Hour', and for his role as Izzy Mandelbaum on 'Seinfeld'.

David Brown [[1950-2000) :
    rock and jazz fusion musician and songwriter. Best remembered as bass player with Santana 1966-1971, and 1973-1976.

Ronnie Van Zant [[1948-1977) :
    Ronald Wayne 'Ronnie' Van Zant; rock musician, vocalist and songwriter. Best remembered as a founding member of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Hank Locklin [[1918-2009) :
    Lawrence Hankins 'Hank' Locklin; country music singer-songwriter and guitarist. Member of the Grand Old Opry for almost 50 years. Best remembered for 'Please Help Me, I'm Falling', 'Send Me The Pillow That You Dream On', and 'Geisha Girl'.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 15th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-16-2016 at 12:03 PM.

I'm not bored R&B......
    Westgrand, HM wants us over for tea next week. Can you call to arrange?

Yes, of course, Moe. I will let you know the finer details very soon. Oh, and the script of Arr&bee's latest classic is on its way, for you to peruse.......
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-17-2016 at 01:38 PM.

January 16th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Katherine Anderson :
    Katherine Elaine Anderson Schaffner; Detroit raised R&B, soul and pop singer. Best known as a co-founding member of The Marvelettes. Notable recordings include 'Please Mr Postman', 'Too Many Fish In The Sea','I'll Keep Holding On', 'Don't Mess With Bill', 'The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game', 'When You're Young And In Love' and 'My Baby Must Be A Magician'.

Barbara Lynn :
    born Barbara Lynn Ozen, later Barbara Lynn Cumby; R&B and electric blues guitarist, singer and songwriter. Best known for 'You'll Lose A Good Thing'.

Sade :
    born Helen Folosade Adu; known as Sade Adu; British Nigerian singer-songwriter, composer, arranger and record producer. Best known singles include 'Your Love Is King' and 'Smooth Operator', in addition to multi-platinum selling albums 'Diamond Life', 'Promise', 'Stronger Than Pride', 'Love Deluxe', 'Lover's Rock' and 'Soldier Of Love'.

Maxine Jones :
    R&B , pop and soul singer. Best known as co-founding member of En Vogue. Notable recordings include 'Hold On', 'My Lovin' [[You're Never Gonna Get It)', 'Whatta Man [[with Salt-N-Pepa)' and 'Don't Let Go [[Love)'.

Debbie Allen :
    Deborrah Kaye 'Debbie' Allen; actress, dancer, choreographer, television director and television producer. Best known for her role as Lydia Grant in television series 'Fame', and for being principal choreographer for the series - also as Catherine Avery on' Grey's Anatomy'.

Ronnie Milsap :
    Ronnie Lee Milsap; country music singer and pianist. Notable recordings include 'It Was Almost Like A Song','Smoky Mountain Rain', '[[There's) No Gettin' Over Me', 'I Wouldn't Have Missed It For The World', 'Any Day Now', and 'Stranger In My House'.

Kate Moss :
    English model and fashion designer.

Denis O'Hare :
    Denis Patrick Seamus O'Hare; Detroit raised stage, television and film actor. Notable performances include 'Take Me Out', 'Sweet Charity', 'True Blood' and the 'American Horror Story' series.

Remembering :
    those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Ethel Merman [[1908-1984) :
    Ethel Agnes Zimmermann ; musical theatre, television and film actress, and singer. Notable performances include 'Girl Crazy', 'Gypsy', 'Red, Hot And Blue', 'Dubarry Was A Lady', Anything Goes' and 'Annie Get Your Gun' - from which musical the song 'There's No Business Like Show Business' became her signature song.

Aaliyah [[1979-2001) :
    Aaliyah Dana Haughton; Detroit raised R&B, pop and hip hop singer, dancer, actress and model. Best known for 'Back And Forth', 'At Your Best [[You Are Love)', 'Try Again' and 'Miss You'.

Rene Angelil [[1942-2016) :
    Canadian singer, manager and director; co-founder of Les Baronets, and co-manager of Rene Simard and Ginette Reno - and, later, manager and husband of Celine Dion.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 16th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-17-2016 at 07:11 PM.

January 17th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Muhammad Ali :
    Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr; 'The Greatest'; former professional boxer. World heavyweight champion in 1964, 1974 and 1978.

William 'Poogie' Hart :
    R&B and soul singer; best known as lead singer of The Delfonics. Best known recordings include 'La-La [[Means I Love You)', 'Didn't I [[Blow Your Mind This Time)' and 'Ready Or Not, Here I Come [[Can't Hide From Love)'.

Sheila Hutchinson :
    R&B and soul singer; best known as original member of The Emotions, with sisters Wanda Hutchinson and Jeanette Hutchinson, with youngest sister Pamela later joining the group. Best known recordings include 'So I Can Love You', 'Flowers', 'I Don't Wanna Lose Your Love', 'Best Of My Love' [[U.S. #1, 1977), 'Don't Ask My Neighbours' and 'Boogie Wonderland' [[with Earth, Wind & Fire).

Mick Taylor :
    Michael Kevin 'Mick' Taylor; English guitarist, singer and songwriter. Best known as member of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers [[1966-1969) and The Rolling Stones,[[1969-1974) replacing Brian Jones. Featured on albums 'Let It Bleed',' Sticky Fingers' and 'Exile On Main Street'.

Chris Montez :
    Ezekiel Christopher Montanez; rock and standards singer. Best known for 'Let's Dance', 'Call Me', 'The More I See You', and 'There Will Never Be Another You'.

Paul Young :
    Paul Anthony Young; English rock and blue-eyed soul singer and musician. Best known for 'Land Of The Common People', 'Wherever I Lay My Hat', and 'Everytime You Go Away'.

Shabba Ranks :
    Rexton Rawlston Fernando Gordon; Jamaican dancehall musician. Notable recordings include 'Mr Loverman' and 'Housecall' [[featuring Maxi Priest).

Cheryl Bentyne :
    a cappella, jazz fusion and pop singer; best known as a member of Manhattan Transfer.
    Professional recording debut on album 'Extensions', 1979, Grammy Award winner for 'Birdland' [[Best Jazz Fusion Performance). Grammy Award winner [[shared with Bobby McFerrin) for 'Another Night In Tunisia', and Grammy also for singer/songwriter of 'Sassy'.

Betty White :
    Betty Marion White, later Ludden; radio, television and film actress, animal rights activist, author, comedienne, radio host, singer and radio personality. Emmy Award winner for role as Sue Ann Nivens in 'Mary Tyler Moore Show' [[1973-1977), and as Rose Nyland in 'The Golden Girls' [[1985-1992)

Michelle Obama :
    Michelle LaVaughan Robinson Obama; lawyer and writer. Married to 44th and current President of the United States, Barack Obama, and the first African-American First Lady of the United States.

Jim Carrey :
    James Eugene 'Jim' Carrey; Canadian American actor, comedian, impressionist, screenwriter and film producer. Golden Globe winner for Best Actor in 'The Truman Show' [[1998) and 'Man on The Moon' [[1999).

James Earl Jones :
    stage, television, film and voice actor. Notable performances in 'The Great White Hope', 'Fences', 'Heat Wave', 'Gabriel's Fire', 'Cry, The Beloved Country' and 'Summer's End'.

Calvin Harris :
    Adam Richard Wiles; Scottish DJ, singer, songwriter, record producer, recording artist and remixer. Best known recordings include 'I'm Not Alone', 'Feel So Close', 'Sweet Nothing' [[featuring Florence Welch), and 'Summer'.

Susanna Hoffs :
    Susanna Lee Hoffs; vocalist, guitarist and actress. Best known as a member of The Bangles.

Ricky Wilson :
    Charles Richard 'Ricky' Wilson; English indie rock, new wave singer-songwriter. Lead singer of Kaiser Chiefs. Best known recordings include 'Oh My God', 'I Predict A Riot', 'Everyday I Love You Less And Less', 'Modern Way', 'Ruby', and 'Never Miss A Beat'. Best selling albums include 'Employment', 'Yours Truly, Angry Mob' [[UK #1), 'Off With Their Heads' and 'Education, Education, Education & War' [[UK #1).

Francoise Hardy :
    Francoise Madeleine Hardy; French pop singer and actress. Best known for 'All Over The World [[Dans Le Monde Entier)'.

Kid Rock :
    Robert James Ritchie; rock, country and hip hop singer, rapper, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, producer and actor. Best known for 'Picture' and 'All Summer Long'.

Steve Earle :
    Stephen Fain 'Steve' Earle; rock, country and folk singer-songwriter, record producer, author and actor.

Remembering :

Eartha Kitt [[1927-2008) :
    Eartha Mae Kitt; actress, singer, cabaret star, dancer, stand up comedian, activist and voice artist. Remembered for 'C'est Si Bon', 'Santa Baby' and 'Just An Old Fashioned Girl', and for playing Catwoman in the television series 'Batman'.

Cedar Walton [[1934-2013) :
    Cedar Anthony Walton; hard bop jazz pianist. Remembered for 'Mosaic', 'Bolivia', 'Holy Land', 'Mode For Joe' and 'Ugetsu [[Fantasy In Blue)'.

Grady Martin [[1929-2001) :
    Thomas Grady Martin; country and hillbilly guitarist and session musician.

Benjamin Franklin [[1706-1790) :
    polymath, author, printer, political theorist, politician, freemason, postmaster, scientist, inventor,civil activist, statesman and diplomat. One of the Founding Fathers of the United States.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 17th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-19-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Their fans are muttering that the Kaiser Chiefs had other more notable singles. I predict a riot!

Then it must be the UK fans of Kaiser Chiefs who are muttering, as the two titles originally quoted were the only recordings of theirs which registered on US charts. The entry for Ricky Wilson has, therefore, been duly amended.....

Thank you for the amendment. "Employment" is one of the few British albums I've bought and enjoyed this century.

January 18th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Janice-Marie Johnson :
    disco and adult contemporary singer and guitarist; a founding member of A Taste Of Honey. Best known for 'Boogie Oogie Oogie'.

Angela Winbush :
    Angela Lisa Winbush; R&B and soul singer-songwriter. Best known as a member of Rene and Angela, and for solo career.

Kevin Costner :
    Kevin Michael Costner; actor, film director, producer, musician and singer. Academy Award winner for Best Director, and Best Picture, for 'Dances With Wolves' [[1991).

Hargus 'Pig' Robbins :
    Hargus Melvin 'Pig' Robbins; session keyboard, piano and organ player for artists including Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Bob Dylan, Roger Miller, George Hamilton IV and Conway Twitty.

Berman Patterson :
    R&B, doo-wop and pop singer, best known as original member with The Cleftones [[formed from The Clefs and The Silvertones).

Bobby Goldsboro :
    pop and country singer-songwriter. Notable recordings include 'See The Funny Little Clown', 'Honey', 'Watching Scotty Grow' and 'Summer [[The First Time)'.

Larry 'Legs' Smith :
    rock and pop musician. Best known as former drummer of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, remembered for 'I'm The Urban Spaceman', and the television series 'Do Not Adjust Your Set'.

Adrian Baker :
    English singer, songwriter and record producer.

R. Stevie Moore :
    Robert Steven Moore; singer, songwriter and musician.

Brett Hudson :
    Brett Stuart Hudson; musician and singer-songwriter, television producer and writer. Youngest member of The Hudson Brothers.

Tom Bailey :
    Thomas Alexander 'Tom' Bailey; English singer; songwriter, composer, multi-instrumentalist, and record producer. Best known as lead vocalist of Thompson Twins.

Mark Collie :
    George Mark Collie; country singer, songwriter, musician, actor and producer.

Samantha Mumba :
    Samantha Tamania Anne Cecilia Mumba; Irish dance-pop and R&B singer and actress. Best known for 'Gotta Tell You'.

Remembering :

David 'Ruff' Ruffin [[1941-1991) :
    Davis Eli 'David' Ruffin [[also recorded using the name of Bush, the surname of his guardian); R&B and soul singer. Best known as co-lead singer of The Temptations, 1964-1968, on recordings which include 'My Girl', 'It's Growing', 'Since I Lost My Baby', 'My Baby', Ain't Too Proud To Beg', 'Beauty Is Only Skin Deep', '[[I Know) I'm Losing You' and' I Wish It Would Rain'. Notable solo recordings include 'My Whole World Ended','I've Lost Everything I've Ever Loved' and 'Walk Away From Love'.

Cary Grant [[1904-1986) :
    Archibald Alexander Leach; English [[becoming American citizen in 1942) radio, stage and film actor. Notable film appearances include 'Bringing Up Baby', 'The Philadelphia Story', 'His Girl Friday','Penny Serenade', 'Arsenic And Old Lace', 'None But The Lonely Heart', 'Notorious', 'An Affair To Remember', 'Indiscreet', 'North By North West','Operation Petticoat', 'The Grass Is Greener' ,' That Touch Of Mink' and 'Charade'.

Danny Kaye [[1911-1987) :
    David Daniel Kaminsky; stage, television and film actor, singer, dancer, comedian and musician. Notable performances in 'Wonder Man', 'The Kid From Brooklyn','The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty', 'The Inspector General', 'Hans Christian Andersen', 'White Christmas' and 'The Court Jester'. Best remembered recordings include 'The Ugly Duckling',' Inch Worm' and 'Thumbelina'.

Oliver 'Ollie' Hardy [[1892-1957) :
    Norvell 'Babe' Hardy; comic actor; best known, with Stan Laurel, as one half of Laurel And Hardy, 1921-1951. Best remembered films include 'Helpmates', 'Block-Heads', 'County Hospital', 'A Chump At Oxford', 'Way At West' [[featuring the song 'The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine', UK #2, 1975),' Fra Diavolo', 'Babes In Toyland', 'Big Business', 'The Music Box', 'Sons Of The Desert' and' The Bohemian Girl'.

A.A. Milne [[1882-1956) :
    Alan Alexander 'A.A.' Milne; English novelist, playwright and poet. Best remembered for his books about the teddy bear, Winnie-The-Pooh, and for his poetry, including collections 'When We Were Very Young' [[containing 'Buckingham Palace' , recorded in song by Ann Stephens, 1941) and 'Now We Are Six'.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 18th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-20-2016 at 09:29 AM.

January 19th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Booker Newberry III :
    singer and keyboardist. A member of Sweet Thunder, and Impala, before solo career.

Trey Lorenz :
    Lloyd Lorenz Smith; R&B, soul and hip hop singer-songwriter and record producer.

Dolly Parton :
    Dolly Rebecca Parton Dean; country and pop singer-songwriter, actress, author, businesswoman and humanitarian. Notable recordings include 'Mule Skinner Blues [[Blue Yodel No. 8)', 'Joshua','Coat Of Many Colours', 'Jolene', 'I Will Always Love You' 'Love Is Like A Butterfly','The Bargain Store', 'The Seeker', 'All I Can Do', 'Here You Come Again','9'to 5', and the duet with Kenny Rogers, 'Islands In The Stream'.

Shelley Fabares :
    Michele Ann Marie 'Shelley' Fabares; television actress and singer. Best known for her role as Mary Stone on 'The Donna Reed Show' [[1958-1963), and as Christine Armstrong on 'Coach' [[1989-1997) - also for 'Johnny Angel', a U.S. # 1, in 1962.

Michael Crawford :
    Michael Patrick Smith; English television and film actor, comedian and singer. Best known for his role as Frank Spencer in television series 'Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em', for originating the title roles in 'Phantom Of The Opera' and 'Barnum', and for his role as Cornelius Hackl in the film version of 'Hello Dolly!'

Desi Arnaz Jr, :
    Desiderio Alberto Arnaz IV; actor and musician. Best known as the son of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, for appearing with sister Lucie Arnaz on 'Here's Lucy', and as drummer with Dino, Desi and Billy [[1964-1969).

Joe Butler :
    Joseph Campbell Butler; rock and pop musician, singer and actor. Best known as a founding member of The Lovin' Spoonful.

Laurie London :
    English gospel and novelty singer; also recorded in German language. Best known for 'He's Got The Whole World In His Hands', U.S. #2, in 1958.

Rod Evans :
    Roderic Evans; rock singer, model and physician. Best known for being a member of Deep Purple.

Harvey Hinsley :
    soul pop and disco guitarist, songwriter and record producer. Best known as original member of Hot Chocolate.

Martha Davis :
    new wave and alternate rock singer; best known as lead singer of The Motels.

Dewey Burnell :
    Lee Martin 'Dewey' Burnell; British-American musician, singer, guitarist and songwriter; best known as a member of America.

Mickey Virtue :
    English pop, reggae, dub and ska keyboard player, best known as original member of UB40.

Caron Wheeler :
    R&B and British soul singer-songwriter and composer; best known as member of Soul II Soul. Notable recordings include 'Keep On Movin' and 'Back To Life [[However Do You Want Me)'.

Remembering :

Harry 'Boom Boom' McGilberry [[1950-2006) :
    R&B and soul singer. Formerly a member of The Futures. Best known as a member of The Temptations, 1995-2003, contributing to albums 'Phoenix Rising', 'Ear-Resistible' and 'Awesome'.

Janis Joplin [[1943-1970) :
    Janis Lyn Joplin; psychedelic rock, blues and soul singer-songwriter. Best known as lead vocalist of Big Brother and the Holding Company, and as solo artist, with backing groups, The Kozmic Blues Band and The Full Tilt Boogie Band. Best remembered recordings include 'Piece Of My Heart' and 'Me And Bobby McGee' [[U.S. #1, 1971).

Phil Everly [[1939-2014) :
    Phillip Everly; country and rock and roll singer.Best known as one half, with Don Everly, of The Everly Brothers. Best remembered recordings include 'Bye Bye Love', 'Wake Up Little Susie', 'All I Have To Do Is Dream', '[[Till) I Kissed You', 'Cathy's Clown', and 'Crying In The Rain'.

Robert Palmer [[1949-2003) :
    Robert Allen Palmer; English rock, pop, soul and blues singer-songwriter and musician. Best remembered for 'Some Guys Have All The Luck',' Some Like It Hot [[with the Power Station)','Addicted to Love', 'I Didn't Mean To Turn You On',' She Makes My Day', and 'I'll Be Your Baby Tonight [[with UB40)'.

Jean Stapleton [[1923-2013) :
    Jeanne Murray; stage, television and film actress. Appeared in Broadway musicals : 'Funny Girl' , and performances in both Broadway and film productions of 'Damn Yankees' and 'Bells Are Ringing'. Best remembered for her Emmy and Golden Globe award winning role as Edith Bunker, in 'All In The Family'.

Robert E. Lee [[1807-1870) :

Edgar Allan Poe [[1809-1849) :

James Watt [[1736-1819) :

Happy Birthday
    : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 19th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-21-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Westgrand, I've perused R&B' s latest "script."
    I'm not a fan..........NEXT!

There you go, Arr&bee. Looks like your next classic will have to go ahead without Ms Moe [[Superstar)......

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....still as tempramental as ever,queen of the divas, ok but she's gotta come home at some point and when she does i'll have a script waiting.

You could try adopting a 'nom de plume'.....

OH SHE LIKES PLUMS? HOW BOUT SOME GRAPES TOO...[peeled of course]!!

Go ask Mae West, R&B....

Or Ms Moe [[Superstar)'s agent, Mae WestGrand.....

January 20th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Nicky Wire :
    Nicholas Allen Jones; Welsh lyricist, bassist and vocalist with the Manic Street Preachers.

Heather Small :
    English soul singer, best known as lead singer with M People. Notable recordings include 'Moving On Up', Search For The Hero', also solo recordings 'Proud' and contribution to 'Perfect Day'.

Paul Stanley :
    Stanley Bert Eisen; Hard rock and heavy metal musician, singer, songwriter and painter. Best known as rhythm guitarist and co-lead singer of Kiss.

Rick Evans :
    Richard Evans; folk-pop singer, best known as one half [[with Denny Zager) of pysch-pop duo Zager and Evans. Most notable recording, 'In The Year 2525', [[U.S. #1, 1969).

Ian Hill :
    Ian Frank Hill; English musician, best known as bassist with Judas Priest.

Eric Stewart :
    Eric Michael Stewart; English guitarist and vocalist, musician, songwriter and record producer. Best known as a member of the Mindbenders 1966-1968 [[lead vocal on 'A Groovy Kind Of Love'), followed by Hotlegs [[with Lol Creme and Kevin Godley, 'Neanderthal Man', 1970), and 10cc, 1972-1983, 1991-1995.

Will Young :
    William Robert Young; English singer-songwriter and actor.

Gary Barlow :
    English singer, songwriter, pianist, composer and record producer. Frontman and lead singer with Take That.

Dave Lilbert :
    [[The Happenings)

Jose James :

Questlove :

Tom Baker :

Buzz Aldrin :

Lorenzo Lamas :

David Lynch :

Remembering :

Connie Haines [[1921-2008) :
    Yvonne Marie Antoinette JaMais; big band singer, also swing, pop, gospel and soul. Occasional film actress, with appearances on radio and television. Lead vocalist, with Frank Sinatra, with the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra, also sang with Harry James Orchestra. Motown recordings include 'Midnight Johnny', 'Mr. Pride and Mr. Gloom','Walk In Silence' and 'What's Easy For Two Is Hard For One'.

Ron Townson [[1933-2001) :

William Powell [[1942-1977) :

Slim Whitman [[1924-2013) :

DeForest Kelley [[1920-1999) :

George Burns [[1896-1996) :

Lead Belly [[1889-1949) :

Aristotle Onassis [[1906-1975) :

Ruth St Denis [[1877-1968) :

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 20th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-23-2016 at 06:03 AM.

January 21st : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

[[more details to follow, soon...)

Billy Ocean :

Rob Brill :
    [[Berlin)

Chris Britton :
    [[Troggs)

Mac Davis :

Placido Domingo :

Ritchie Havens :

Emma Bunton :
    [[Spice Girls)

Nokio :
    [[Dru Hill)

Geena Davis :

Jack Nicklaus :

Robby Benson :

Edwin Starr [[1942-2003) :

Snooks Eaglin [[1936-2009) :

Telly Savalas [[1925-1994) :

Benny Hill [[1924-1992) :

Jam Master Jay [[1965-2002) :

Christian Dior [[1905-1957) :

Smith Ballew [[1902-1984) :

Thomas Stonewall Jackson [[1824-1863) :

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 21st.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-22-2016 at 04:14 AM.

Ha! Good one Mae WestGrand........my super agent!!

January 22nd : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

DJ Jazzy Jeff :
    Jeffrey Allen Townes; sometimes known as 'Jazz'; hip hop and R&B disc jockey, record producer, turntablist and actor. Best known for early career with Will Smith as DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince.

Lizz Wright :
    jazz and R&B singer and composer.

John Hurt :
    John Vincent Hurt; English television and film actor. Notable performances in '10, Rillington Place', 'Midnight Express', 'Alien, 'The Field', 'The Naked Civil Servant', 'The Elephant Man', and 'An Englishman In New York'.

Linda Blair :
    Linda Denise Blair; television and film actress. Best remembered for role as Regan MacNeil in 'The Exorcist' and 'Exorcist II - The Heretic'.

Piper Laurie :
    Rosetta Jacobs; Detroit-born stage, television and film actress. Notable film work includes 'The Hustler', 'Carrie', Children Of A Lesser God'; television work includes 'Twin Peaks'.

Nigel Pegrum :
    English drummer and record producer. Drummer with an early line-up of The Small Faces, and Steeleye Span.

Remembering :

Sam Cooke
    [[1931-1964) :
    Samuel Cook; soul, gospel and R&B singer and songwriter. Best known recordings include 'You Send Me', 'A Change Is Gonna Come', 'Cupid', 'Chain Gang', 'Wonderful World' and 'Twistin' The Night Away'.

Addie 'Micki' Harris
    [[1940-1982) :
    Addie Harris McPherson; R&B and pop singer. Best remembered as a founding member of The Shirelles. Notable recordings include 'Will You Love Me Tomorrow', 'Dedicated To The One I Love', 'Mama Said', 'Baby It's You', 'Soldier Boy' and 'Foolish Little Girl'.

Nolan Strong
    [[1934-1977) :
    Detroit raised R&B and doo-wop singer and songwriter. Best remembered as lead singer of Nolan Strong & The Diablos. Notable recordings include 'The Wind' and 'Mind Over Matter'.

Michael Hutchence
    [[1960-1997) :
    Michael Kelland John Hutchins; Australian rock and new wave musician and actor. Founding member, lead singer and lyricist of INXS. Best remembered recordings include 'What You Need', 'Need You Tonight', 'Devil Inside', 'New Sensation' and 'Never Tear Us Apart'.

Malcolm McLaren
    [[1946-2010) :
    Malcolm Robert Andrew McLaren; English musician, singer-songwriter, band manager, impresario, visual artist, performer, clothes designer and boutique owner. Manager of The Sex Pistols.

Bill Bixby [[1934-1993) :
    Wilfred Bailey Everett Bixby III; television and film actor, director and game show panellist. Notable work includes 'My Favourite Martian', 'The Courtship of Eddie's Father' and 'The Magician' , but best remembered for his role as Dr David Banner in CBS sci-fi drama series, 'The Incredible Hulk'.

Eva Taylor
    [[1895-1977) :
    Irene Joy Gibbons; 'The Dixie Nightingale'; blues and jazz singer and stage actress. Worked with husband Clarence Williams, including Blue Five group, featuring Sidney Bechet, Louis Armstrong, Sippie Wallace and Bessie Smith. Also performed as Irene Gibbons and her Jazz Band.

Rosa Ponselle
    [[1897-1981):
    Rosa Ponzillo; operatic soprano. Sang mainly at New York Metropolitan Opera, following an audition arranged by Enrico Caruso. Generally considered to be one of the greatest sopranos of the twentieth century.

Walter Raleigh
    [[1552/4-1618) :
    English landed gentleman, writer, poet, soldier, politician, courtier, spy and explorer. Remembered for popularising tobacco in England, and for being a notable figure of the Elizabethan era.

Francis Bacon
    [[1561-1626) :
    English philosopher, statesman, scientist, jurist, orator and author.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 22nd.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-23-2016 at 07:58 PM.

January 23rd : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Anita Pointer :
    Anita Marie Pointer; R&B, dance, rock, jazz and country singer-songwriter. Best known as member of The Pointer Sisters. Duet with Earl Thomas Conley 'Too Many Times' U.S. Country chart # 2, solo album 'Love For What It Is', and two singles, 'Overnight Success' and 'More Than A Memory'.

Millie Jackson :
    Mildred 'Millie' Jackson; soul, disco and R&B singer-songwriter and comedienne. Notable recordings include 'Ask Me What You Want', 'My Man, A Sweet Man', 'It Hurts So Good', '[[If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right', and 'If You're Not Back In Love By Monday'.

Reggie Calloway :
    Reginald Calloway: R&B singer, songwriter and record producer; best known as member of Midnight Star, and one half [[with brother Vincent) of duo Calloway. Notable recordings include 'I Wanna Be Rich' [[U.S. #2)

Jerry Lawson :
    Jerome E. 'Jerry' Lawson; a cappella soul, gospel, R&B and jazz singer. Member of Talk Of The Town, but best known as lead singer with The Persuasions.

Marc Nelson :
    Marc K. Nelson; R&B, soul, jazz and new jack swing songwriter, pianist and musician. Son of the late Phyllis 'Move Closer' Nelson. Original member of Boyz II Men, and founding member of Blayse. Also, through Babyface, became a member of Az Yet; best known for 'Last Night' and 'Hard To Say I'm Sorry'. Notable solo recordings include 'I Want You', 'Count On Me' and '15 Minutes'.

Caroline, Princess Of Hanover :
    Caroline Louise Marguerite Grimaldi; Her Royal Highness, The Princess of Hanover [[by marriage in 1999 to Prince Ernst August of Hanover, Duke of Brunswick), Princess of Monaco. Eldest child of the late Rainier III, Prince of Monaco, and the late Grace, Princess of Monaco [[the former actress, Grace Kelly).

Rutger Hauer :
    Rutger Oelsen Hauer; Dutch television and film actor, writer and environmentalist. Film credits include 'Blade Runner', 'Escape From Sobibor'[[Golden Globe Award, Best Supporting Actor), 'Nighthawks', 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' and 'Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind'.

Chita Rivera :
    Dolores Conchita Figueroa del Rivero; actress, dancer and singer, particularly in musical theatre. Notable work includes 'Bye Bye Birdie', 'Chicago', 'The Rink' [[Tony Award), 'Kiss Of The Spider Woman' [[Tony Award), 'Nine' and 'The Visit'.

Earl Falconer :
    Earl Acton Falconer; English reggae bass guitar player and singer. Best known as a member of UB40.

Bill Cunningham :
    William 'Bill' Cunningham; classical musician, best known as the original bass guitarist and keyboardist with The Box Tops.

Remembering :

Ernie Kovacs
    [[1919-1962) :
    Ernest Edward 'Ernie' Kovacs; television and film comedian, actor and writer. Used a cigar as a trademark prop. Notable credits include 'The Ernie Kovacs Show' [[CBS 1952-1953, NBC 1955-1956), 'Bell, Book and Candle' [[with James Stewart and Jack Lemmon) ,Our Man In Havana' [[with Alec Guinness and Noel Coward), 'It Happened To Jane' [[with Doris Day and Jack Lemmon),'North To Alaska' [[ with John Wayne) and 'Five Golden Hours', with Cyd Charisse and George Sanders.

Randolph Scott [[1898-1987) :
    George Randolph Scott; film actor. Film credits include 'The Tall T', 'The Stranger Wore A Gun', 'Ride Lonesome', 'Seven Men From Now' and 'Comanche Station'.

Marty Paich
    [[1925-1995) :
    Martin Louis 'Marty' Paich; pianist, composer, arranger, record producer, music director and conductor. Worked extensively with Mel Torme, and also with artists including Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, Sarah Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald, Sammy Davis Jr and Michael Jackson. Emmy Award for score for television series 'Ironside'.

Django Reinhardt
    [[1910-1953) :
    Jean 'Django' Reinhardt; Belgian born French guitarist and composer of Romani ethnicity. With Stephane Grappelli, co-founded Quintette du Hot Club de France. Notable compositions include 'Minor Swing', 'Daphne', 'Belleville', Djangology', 'Swing 42' and 'Nuages'.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 23rd.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-24-2016 at 10:43 AM.

January 24th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

[[provisional list, pending further updates)

Aaron Neville :
    R&B singer and musician. Best known recordings include 'Tell It Like It Is', 'Everybody Plays The Fool', and duets with Linda Ronstadt, 'Don't Know Much' and 'All My Life'. Also known as a member of the Neville Brothers, with his brothers Art, Charles and Cyril.

Jack Scott :
    Giovanni Domenico Scafone Jr., Detroit raised Canadian-American rock and roll and rockabilly singer and songwriter. Notable recordings include 'My True Love', 'Leroy', 'Goodbye Baby', 'What In The World's Come Over You' and 'Burning Bridges'.

Neil Diamond :
    Neil Leslie Diamond; singer-songwriter and musician. Best known recordings include 'Sweet Caroline', 'I Am...I Said', 'Cracklin' Rose', 'Song Sung Blue', 'I'm A Believer', 'Love On The Rocks' and 'You Don't Bring Me Flowers' [[duet with Barbra Streisand).

Ray Stevens :
    Harold Ray Ragsdale; country and pop singer-songwriter and comedian. Best known recordings include 'Ahab The Arab,' 'Gitarzan', 'Everything Is Beautiful' [[Grammy Award winner), 'The Streak' and 'Misty' [[Grammy Award winner).

Pat 'Sleepy' Brown :

Jools Holland :

Nastassja Kinski :

Ade Edmondson :

Nic Wallenda :

Remembering :
    those also born on this date. but who have since passed away :

Zeke Carey [[1933-1999) :

Bobby Scott [[1937-1990) :

Ernest Borgnine [[1917-2012) :

John Belushi [[1949-1982) :

Sharon Tate [[1943-1969) :

Maria Tallchief [[1925-2013) :

Ann Todd
    [[1909 -1993) :

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 24th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-26-2016 at 09:45 AM.

January 25th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Our fellow SDF member,
    Chess1458.

Have a great Birthday, Chess1458!

Alicia Keys :
    singer, songwriter, record producer and actress.

Kina :
    Detroit born musician, best known for her work with Brownstone.

Malcolm Green :
    English drummer, best known as drummer with Split Enz.

Gary Dibbs :
    bass guitarist and actor, best known for work with Roxy Music, and Adam & The Ants.

Andy Cox :
    English guitarist, best known as member of Fine Young Cannibals.

Ronnie Brandon :
    keyboardist, best known as member of The McCoys.

Barbara Carroll :
    jazz pianist.

Jenifer Lewis :
    television and film actress, comedian and singer.

Leigh Taylor-Young :
    stage, film, podcast, radio and television actress.

Dinah Manoff :
    stage, film and television actress, and television director.

Remembering :

Etta James
    [[1938-2012) :
    blues, R&B, soul, rock and roll, jazz and gospel singer.

Edmund Sylvers [[1957-2004) :
    R&B, soul and disco singer and percussionist. Best remembered as lead singer of The Sylvers.

Sleepy John Estes
    [[1899-1977) :
    blues guitarist, songwriter and vocalist.

Antonio Carlos Jobim
    [[1927-1994) :
    Brazilian songwriter, composer, arranger, singer, and pianist/guitarist.

Stig Anderson
    [[1931-1997) :
    Swedish music producer, manager and occasional performer. Best remembered as manager of ABBA.

Rusty Draper
    [[1923-2003) :
    country and western singer.

Floyd Smith
    [[1917-1982) :
    jazz guitarist.

Harry Link
    [[1896-1956) :
    vaudeville actor and songwriter.

Elizabeth Allen
    [[1929-2006) :
    stage, television and film actress and singer.

Diana Hyland
    [[1936-1977) :
    stage, television and film actress.

Ewan MacColl
    [[1915-1989) :
    Scottish folk singer, songwriter, actor, poet, playwright and record producer.

Virginia Woolf
    [[1882-1941) :
    English novelist, essayist, publisher and literary critic.

Robert Burns
    [[1759-1796) :
    Scottish poet, lyricist, farmer and exciseman.

Eusebio
    [[1942-2014) :
    Portuguese footballer.

Dean Jones
    [[1931-2015) :
    stage, television and film actor and singer.

W. Somerset Maugham
    [[1874-1965) :
    English playwright, novelist and short story writer.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 25th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-27-2016 at 04:25 AM.

January 26th : if this is your birth date; then you share it with :

Anita Baker :
    Detroit raised R&B and jazz singer-songwriter.

Jean Knight :

soul, R&B and funk singer.

Thom Bell :
    [[some references state birth date as January 27th)
    Jamaican born American R&B, soul and pop songwriter, arranger and producer.

Lucinda Williams :
    rock, folk, blues and country music singer and songwriter.

Andrew Ridgeley :
    English pop and rock singer, songwriter and guitarist. Best known as a member [[with George Michael) of music duo Wham!

Eddie Van Halen :
    Dutch born American musician, songwriter and producer. Best known as founder of Van Halen.

Ashley Hutchings :
    English bassist and vocalist, songwriter, arranger, band leader, writer and record producer. Best known as co-founding member of Fairport Convention and Steeleye Span.

Jazzie B :
    English DJ, music producer and entrepreneur. Founding member of Soul II Soul.

Huey 'Piano' Smith :
    R&B pianist.

Gary Crosby :
    British jazz double bassist, music arranger and educator.

Norman Hassan :
    English musician and singer. best known as co-founding member of UB40.

Kirk Franklin :
    gospel music, choir director and author.

Ellen DeGeneres :
    comedian, television host, television and film actress, writer and producer.

Wendy Melvoin :
    guitarist and singer-songwriter. Best known as a member of The Revolution, the backing band for Prince - also, as one half [[with Lisa Coleman) of duo Wendy & Lisa.

Merilee Rush :
    contemporary pop singer.

Remembering :

Deon Jackson
    [[1946-2014) :
    soul singer and songwriter. Best remembered for 'Love Makes The World Go Round' [[1966).

Marshall Leib [[1939-2002) :
    pop singer; best known as an original member of The Teddy Bears; most notable recording is 'To Know Him Is To Love Him'.

Paul Newman
    [[1925-2008) :
    television and film actor, film director, entrepreneur, professional racing driver and team owner, environmentalist, activist and philanthropist.

Paul Pena
    [[1950-2005) :
    rock, pop, blues-rock, jazz and flamenco singer, songwriter and guitarist.

Ronnie Hilton
    [[1926-2001) :
    English singer and radio presenter.

Jacqueline De Pre
    [[1945-1987) :
    English cellist, best remembered for her recording of Elgar's Cello Concerto in E Minor.

Maria Von Trapp
    [[1905-1987) :
    stepmother and matriarch of the Trapp Family Singers, whose story served as inspiration for the Broadway and film musical 'The Sound Of Music'.

Jimmy Van Heusen
    [[1913-1996) :
    film, television and theatre composer.

Stephane Grappelli
    [[1908-1997) :
    French jazz violinist.

Alice Babs
    [[1924-2014) :
    Swedish singer and actress.

Bessie Coleman
    [[1892-1926) :
    civil aviator. The first female pilot of African American descent, and the first Native American woman to hold a pilot licence. Also, the first African American and Native American woman to hold an international pilot licence.

Douglas MacArthur [[1880-1964) :
    Five star General of the U.S. Army, and Field Marshal of the Philippine Army. Chief of Staff of the United States Army in the 1930s.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 26th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-27-2016 at 12:22 PM.

Hey west tell your famous client..ms moe[superstar]that i've hired the reformed..opps-err-ahem-hehe...renouned writer...[phored cig niture]he's not from around here but his word is gold as in golden turkey award,we're on our way,so tell her to hurry home.

When it comes to Golden Turkeys, Arr&bee, Ms Moe [[Superstar) is roosting on a different perch these days.....

HEY WEST, I CAN'T HOLD THIS SPOT OPEN MUCH LONGER[the line is forming]TELL HER SHE'S LAYING A BIG EGG IF SHE TURNS DOWN THIS[GOLDEN]OPPORTUNITY.

The laying of an egg does not appear on Ms Moe [[Superstar)'s C.V. of starring credits....

SHE WON'T HAVE TO LAY ANY EGGS[the press started that rumor]...SHE'LL BE THE GOOD LADY WHO FINDS THE EGGS AND NURSES THEM WITH TENDER LOVING CARE..[there won't be a dry eye in the house]MATTER OF FACT I'M GONNA HAND OUT HANKIES TO THE FIRST TEN PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY SHOW UP,OF COURSE MS MOE[SUPERSTAR] WILL HAVE TO BE THERE TO HAND OUT AUTOGRAPHED EGGS...I'M NOT YOKING AROUND.

Well, of course not. Anyone who knows you, knows for sure that you're always hatching a plot.....

OK HOW BOUT THIS,A LIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT LADY HERSELF,AT MY EXCLUSIVE STUDIO IN DA HOOD..[two blocks down in back of the condemed insect repellent factory]DON'T WORRY ALL THE INSECTS ARE WELL BEHAVED,NOW MS MOE CAN SET THE DATE THAT SHE'S AVAILABLE TO DISCUSS HER WORK AND FANTASTIC CAREER..NOW I COULD CONDUCT IT MYSELF BUT THE DEMANDS FOR TICKETS WOULD BE UNDERWHELMING SO I'M GONNA GET THAT REFORMED-OPPS-ERR-AHEM-HEHE..RENOUNED INTERVIEWER...[TELL A. VISSHUN]SHE'S OUT ON BAIL-OPPS -ERR-AHEM-HEHE...SHE'S HAD TO BAIL OUT OF SO MANY DEMANDS ON HER TIME,THE WHOLE WORLD[well most of the working TV's in da hood]WILL BE WATCHING THIS ONE,MS.MOE WILL GET A SPECIAL GOLDEN TURKEY FOR BEST INTERVIEW FOR THIS ONE.

Ms Moe [[Superstar) has been confidentially approached to participate in a documentary on show business. She has been asked if she is interested in presenting a segment which highlights the necessary qualities required to make really good films.

The producers are also looking for someone with impeccable credentials to demonstrate, with absolute authority and conviction, just how easy it is to make really bad films.

Is this something which might interest you? When it comes to really bad films, the name [[and fame) of Arr&bee would surely be the first to be uttered from everyone's lips.....

HEY I GOT THE CONVICTIONS TOO..OPPS-ERR-AHEM-HEHE..I'M ERR SOLID IN MY CONVICTIONS OF MY FILMWORK....YOU KNOW WEST,MAYBE I'LL LET YOU REPRESENT ME[i'll only take 85% off the top]GET BACK TO ME!!!

You'll take care of 85% of the costs, do I hear you say? That's very generous of you, Arr&bee.....
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-27-2016 at 04:28 AM.

January 27th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

L.J.Reynolds :
    R&B, soul and pop singer, best known as member of The Dramatics.

Bobby Hutcherson :
    jazz vibraphone and marimba player.

Mark Owen :
    English singer-songwriter, best known as a member of Take That.

Rosamund Pike :
    English stage, television and film actress.

Alan Cumming :
    Scottish stage, television and film character actor, director, producer, author and activist.

Bridget Fonda :
    television and film actress.

Nick Mason :
    English musician and composer, best known as founding member and drummer with Pink Floyd.

Mikhail Baryshnikov :
    Russian-American ballet and musical theatre dancer of stage, television and film; also choreographer and actor.

Bobby 'Blue' Bland [[1930-2013) :

blues, R&B and soul singer.

Donna Reed [[1921-1986) :
    film and television actress, and producer.

Ross Bagdasarian Sr [[1919-1972) :
    pianist, musician, actor and record producer. Recording as David Seville, was the creator of Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Edward Smith [[1850-1914) :
    English naval reserve officer, and served as commanding officer of White Star vessels 'Majestic', 'Baltic', 'Adriatic' and 'Olympic'. Captain of the maiden voyage of the 'RMS Titanic', perishing with over 1,500 passengers and crew, after the ship struck an iceberg and sank on April 15th, 1912.

Lewis Carroll [[1832- 1898) :
    English writer, mathematician, logician, Anglican Deacon and photographer. Best remembered for 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland', 'Through The Looking Glass' [[including the poem 'Jabberwocky') and the poem 'The Hunting Of The Snark'.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart [[1756-1791) :
    Austrian [[Holy Roman Empire at the time of birth) pianist, violinist and composer of symphonic, concertante, chamber, operatic and choral music.

Francis Drake [[1540-1596) :
    English sea captain, privateer, navigator, slaver and politician of the Elizabethan era.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Happy Birthday on January 27th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-27-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    you'll take care of 85% of the costs, do i hear you say? That's very generous of you, arr&bee.....
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...very funny west.

That's just what I thought.....

January 28th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Mario Biondi :
    Italian soul, R&B, jazz and disco singer.

Anthony Hamilton :

R&B singer-songwriter and record producer.

William 'Billy Bass' Nelson :
    funk, soul and rock bass player; best known as the original bassist with Funkadelic.

Dick Taylor :
    English musician, early bass guitarist with the Rolling Stones, but best known as guitarist and founding member of The Pretty Things.

Marvin Sapp :
    gospel music singer-songwriter, and senior pastor. Recorded with Commissioned, before solo career. Notable albums include 'Here I Am' [[2010) and 'I Win' [[2012).

Elijah Wood :
    film actor, film producer and DJ. Best known for his role as Frodo Baggins in 'The Lord Of The Rings' trilogy [[2001-2003) and its prequel 'The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey' [[2012).

Alan Alda :
    stage, television and film actor, director, screenwriter and author. Best known for starring roles as Captain Hawkeye Pierce in television series 'M*A*S*H' and Arnold Vinick in 'The West Wing', and his Academy Award nominated supporting role of Senator Owen Brewster in 'The Aviator' [[2004).

Nicolas Sarkozy :

French politician, who served as President of France and Co-Prince of Andorra, 2007-2012.

Remembering :

Acker Bilk [[1929-2014) :
    Bernard Stanley 'Acker' Bilk; English clarinettist and vocalist. Best remembered for 'Stranger On The Shore' [[U.S. # 1, 1962), 'Summer Set', 'Buona Sera', 'That's My Home' and 'Aria'.

Phil Flowers
    [[1934-2001) :
    rock, blues and gospel singer-songwriter.

Ronnie Scott [[1927-1996) :
    English jazz tenor saxophonist and jazz club owner

Jackson Pollock
    [[1912-1956) :
    abstract expressionist painter, known for his unique style of drip painting.

Colette [[1873-1954) :
    Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette; French novelist, mime, actress and journalist. Nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature, 1948. Best remembered for 'Gigi' [[1944), the basis for the film and stage production of the same name.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 28th.

Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-28-2016 at 04:47 PM.

NOW WEST,THE RENOUNED INTERVIEWER[TELL A. VISSHUN]WILL SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS FOR MS MOE[SUPERSTAR]TO ANSWER,WITH HER APPROVAL OF COURSE...IS THAT YOUR REAL HAIR?..IS THAT YOUR REAL NAME?..HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED?..NONE,THEN WHY AREN'T YOU MARRIED?..IF YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED CAN I COME?..IS THIS YOUR HOUSE OR DO YOU RENT?..IF THIS IS YOUR REAL HOUSE..[can I get a room?]..SEE WEST JUST THE EVERYDAY HOLLYWOOD STUFF,SO GET BACK TO ME.

I have now consulted with my esteemed client, Ms Moe [[Superstar), and put those questions to her, on behalf of your own esteemed client, Tell A. Visshun.

I can confirm that Ms Moe has given all due time and consideration to each of those questions, and would answer each and all of them, as follows :

"Mind ya bizness...."

Ms Moe is always most caring and thoughtful towards her fan base.......

Ms moe[superstar ]is well versed in not giving out anything about herself,and hey i'm cool with that,but on the other hand the esteemed interviewer[tell a. Visshun]doesn't give up that easily,now she's quite curious as to why your esteemed client won't answer even one question,now she's gonna snoop and try to find the elusive answers,such as....does ms moe shop at[k-mart]or [walmart]?...what color are[hm]teacups?...why is she shunning the golden turkey awards?...will she ever share the polariod screen with such hood legends as[littlebits-mightymite[the tallest midget in da hood]...will ms currlerburns ever get her wrinkled hands on her hair?...will she ever answer a letter from her biggest fan[big duufuss]once he learns how to spell?...is it true that her car was spotted speeding through da hood at more than two hundred miles per hour the other day with all two of her fans in hot persuit?...west these questions must be answered and that houndog of the tabloids ain't givin up til she gets her story.

I hope she gets her scoop......

January 29th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Bettye LaVette :
    Betty Jo Haskins; Detroit raised soul, blues, rock and roll, funk, gospel and country music singer-songwriter. Notable recordings include 'My Man- He's A Lovin' Man', 'Let Me Down Easy', 'He Made A Woman Out Of Me', 'Do Your Duty', 'Thank You For Loving Me' and 'Right In The Middle [[Of Falling In Love)'.

Pauline Henry :
    Scottish dance music singer. Best known as a member of The Chimes. Notable recordings include '1-2-3', 'Heaven', 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For', 'True Love' and 'Love Comes To Mind.'

Felice Taylor :
    Florian Taylor; soul singer. Early in career, sang with sisters Norma and Darlene as The Sweets. Notable recordings include 'It May Be Winter Outside [[But In My Heart It's Spring)', 'I'm Under The Influence Of Love' and 'I Feel Love Comin' On' [[U.K. # 11, 1967)

Charlie Wilson :
    Charles Kent Wilson; 'Uncle Charlie'; R&B singer, songwriter, producer. Former lead vocalist with The Gap Band. Notable solo recordings include 'There Goes My Baby', 'Yearning For Your Love', 'Burn Rubber' and 'You Are'.

Leslie Bricusse :
    English composer, lyricist, and playwright, most prominently working in musicals, and on film theme songs.

Claudine Longet :
    Claudine Georgette Longet; French pop and standards singer, actress, dancer and recording artist.

Tony Blackburn :
    Antony Kenneth 'Tony' Blackburn ; English disc jockey who broadcast on pirate radio stations Radio Caroline and Radio London in the 1960s, and the first DJ to broadcast on BBC Radio 1 at its launch in 1967.

Mark Wynter :
    Terence Sidney Lewis; English stage and film actor and former singer.

Andrew Loog Oldham :
    English record producer, talent manager, impresario and author. Manager of The Rolling Stones, 1963-1967.

Oprah Winfrey :
    Orpah [[the given first name on birth certificate) Gail Winfrey; media proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer and philanthropist. Best known for 'The Oprah Winfrey Show'.

Tom Selleck :
    Thomas William Selleck; Detroit born television and film actor. Notable roles include Jesse Stone, in the television movies based on the police chief created by Robert. B. Parker - also NYPD Police Commissioner Frank Reagan in CBS 'Blue Bloods'. Best known for role of Thomas Magnum in television series 'Magnum, P.I.' [[1980-1988).

Katharine Ross :
    Katharine Juliet Ross; stage, television and film actress. Notable performances include 'The Graduate', 'Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid', 'Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here', 'The Stepford Wives', and 'Voyage Of The Damned'.

James Jamerson [[1936-1983) :
    James Lee Jamerson; R&B soul and funk session musician, playing bass guitar and double bass player. Best remembered for his contribution to Motown's Detroit recordings in the 1960s, as a member of The Funk Brothers.

Paul Gayten [[1920-1991) :
    Paul Leon Gayten; R&B band leader, pianist, songwriter, producer and record company executive.

Tommy Ramone [[1949-2014) :
    Tamas/Thomas Erdelyi; Hungarian American record producer, musician and songwriter, best remembered as drummer and original member of The Ramones.

John Forsythe [[1918-2010) :
    Jacob Lincoln Freund; stage, television and film actor. Best remembered for his roles as Bentley Gregg in ' Bachelor Father' [[1957-1962), Charles Townsend in 'Charlie's Angels' [[1976-1981) and Blake Carrington in 'Dynasty' [[1981-1989).

John D. Rockefeller, Jr. [[1874-1960) :
    John Davison Rockefeller, Jr; financier and philanthropist.

William McKinley [[1843-1901) :
    politician and lawyer; served as the 25th President of the United States, 1897-1901.

Anton Chekhov [[1860-1904) :
    Anton Pavlovich Chekhov; Russian physician, playwright and short story writer. Notable work includes 'The Seagull', 'Uncle Vanya', 'Three Sisters' and 'The Cherry Orchard'.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on January 29th.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 01-29-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Hey west this thread is a classic of course,but if i may ask and you are the expert so maybe you could list some famous movie animal birthdays[lassie-mr ed-francis the talking mule-rin tin tin]thanks.