[REMOVE ADS]

Page 10 of 780 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 20 60 110 510 ... LastLast
    Good stuff west,i didn't know that[yusef lateef]had passed,one of the best ever.

The great[o.v.wright]whose recording of[gone for good]is a classic and much sort after by collectors including me.

'Gone For Good' now added to the O. V. Wright titles, Arr&bee.

Whad'ya know. Suddenly, I'm taking requests.....

October 10th : if this is your own birth date, you share your special day with :

Jonathan Butler :

South African born R&B , jazz fusion and contemporary worship singer-songwriter and guitarist. Grammy nominated hit single 'Lies', 1987.

Cyril Neville :
    percussionist and vocalist with his brother Art's band, The Meters 1970-1977, before Cyril and Art formed the Neville Brothers with their siblings Aaron and Charles.

Ben Vereen :
    actor, dancer and singer. Tony Award winner for Best Actor,'Pippin', 1973.

Martin Kemp :
    English actor, musician and occasional television presenter. Best known as bass guitarist with Spandau Ballet, and for his role as Steve Owen in the BBC soap opera 'EastEnders'.

David Lee Roth :
    rock vocalist, songwriter, actor, author and former radio personality; best known as original, and now current lead singer of Van Halen.

Dan Stevens :
    English stage, television and film actor, best known for his role as Matthew Crawley in British period drama television series 'Downton Abbey'.

Tanya Tucker :
    country music singer; first hit with 'Delta Dawn' at the age of 13.

Charles Dance :
    English stage, television and film actor, screenwriter and film director.

Remembering : those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Thelonius Monk [[1917-1982) :

Thelonius Sphere Monk; jazz pianist and composer. Notable recordings include 'Round Midnight', 'Blue Monk', 'Straight, No Chaser', 'Ruby, My Dear', 'In Walked Bud' and 'Well, You Needn't'.

Ivory Joe Hunter [[1914-1974) :
    also known as 'The Baron Of The Boogie', and 'The Happiest Man Alive'. R&B singer, songwriter and pianist. Notable recordings include 'Since I Met You Baby', 1956.

Curtis Hairston [[1961-1996) :
    soul/funk vocalist, both as a soloist and as a member of The B.B.& Q. Band. UK #13 hit in 1985, 'I Want Your Lovin' [[Just A Little Bit).

Florida Friebus [[1909-1988) :
    writer and stage, television and film actress. Best remembered for her roles as Winifred 'Winnie' Gillis in 'The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis', and as Mrs Lillian Bakerman in 'The Bob Newhart Show'.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 10th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-10-2015 at 07:24 AM.

DeAr mZZ mO sOUpasTaR mI nAme ezz DuuFuss eN I is WuN o yo BeSStess FaNZ sO CeE yU WhEN yU git HerE.

Dear Mr Duufuss,

Thank you for taking the trouble to write to Ms Moe [[Superstar).

I will make sure that Ms Moe [[Superstar) receives your message, and trust that she will continue to warrant your interest.

Yours, most sincerely

Robin da Hood [[Ms)
    Sec'y: W. Grand Boulevard
    International Talent Management Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    October 9th : if this is your own birth date, you share your special day with :

Our very own SDF member, Grapevine. Many thanks for the music to be found daily on your Soulful Detroit Jukebox, Grapevine, and long may it continue. Happy Birthday, Grape!

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 9th
    ...many thanks for the mention Westgrand

You're very welcome, Grape... and hope your day went well.

How bout a warrant for his arrest, westgrand?

Moe, I trust you are referring to Duufuss, and not Grapevine.....

Yes, there could be a case for saving Duufuss from himself. Of course, if it were to be a warrant for his arrest, someone would have to sign it - and there would need to be a justifiable reason for his arrest.

Well, for a start, he does seem to have obtained Arr&bee's password, which has permitted him to post on this forum......

October 11th : if this is your own birth date, you share your special day with :

Daryl Hall :
    Daryl Franklin Hohl; rock, R&B and soul singer, keyboardist, guitarist , songwriter and producer; best known as co-founder [[with guitarist and songwriter John Oates) and lead vocalist of Hall & Oates.

Jimmy Diggs :
    James Leon Diggs; R&B singer and song writer. Member of the Starfires and The Carltons, before performing as one half of the Knight Brothers, with Richard Dunbar. Best remembered for 'Temptation 'Bout To Get Me', 1965.

Tramaine Hawkins :
    Tramaine Aunzola Davis; gospel singer. Two times Grammy Award winner. Briefly a member of Honey Cone, and also Andrae Crouch & The Disciples, singing lead on 'Christian People' 1970. Sang at funeral services for both Sammy Davis Jr., and Rosa Parks.

Brian Jackson :
    jazz, soul keyboardist, flautist, singer, composer and producer. Best known for his collaborations with Gil Scott-Heron. Notable recordings include 'The Bottle' and 'Your Daddy Loves You'.

MC Lyte :
    Lana Michelle Moorer; rapper, voice artist, actress, speaker. The first solo female rapper to release a full album, with 'Lyte As A Rock' 1988.

Andrew Woolfolk :
    flautist, percussionist and saxophonist, best known as a member of Earth, Wind And Fire.

Amitabh Bachchan :
    Indian television and film actor, producer, singer and television presenter, appearing in over 180 Indian films.

Matt Bomer :
    stage, television and film actor. Golden Globe award and Emmy Award Nomination for supporting role as Felix Turner, HBO television film ' The Normal Heart', 2014.

Gabe Saporta :
    Gabriel Eduardo Saporta; Uruguayan-American musician. Formerly lead singer, bassist and lyricist with Midtown, and subsequently lead singer of Cobra Starship.

Luke Perry :
    Coy Luther Perry III; stage, television and film actor. Best known for role as Dylan McKay in television series Beverly Hills, 90210 [[1990-1995, 1998-2000).

Dawn French :
    English actress, writer and comedian. Best known for her partnership with Jennifer Saunders, co-starring in and co-writing for the comedy sketch show 'French and Saunders'. Also, for her role as Geraldine Granger in the BBC television series, 'The Vicar Of Dibley'.

Bobby Charlton :
    English former football player; a notable midfield player, and member of England team which won the World Cup in 1966.

Amr Diab :
    Egyptian singer, composer and actor. Notable for Mediterranean music, and reported to be the best selling Middle Eastern artist of all time.

Joan Cusack :
    television and film actress. Academy Award nominated for Best Supporting Actress 'Working Girl' [[1988) and 'In And Out' [[1997). Currently starring as Sheila Jackson in 'Shameless' , receiving five consecutive Emmy nominations, with one win.

Stephen Moyer :
    English film and television actor, and director. Best known as vampire Bill Compton in HBO television series 'True Blood' since 2008.

Baby Rasta :

Wilmer Alicea, born in Puerto Rico; best known as one half of reggaeton duo Baby Rasta & Gringo. Most notable recording : 'El Carnaval [[The Carnival)'.

Billy Higgins [[1936-2001) :

'Smiling Billy'; jazz drummer, usually free jazz and hard bop. Reputed to have played on over 700 recordings, with artists including Ornette Coleman, Donald Byrd, Joe Henderson, Thelonius Monk, Sonny Rollins, John Coltrane, Stan Getz and Herbie Hancock.

Lester Bowie [[1941-1999) :
    jazz trumpet player and composer. Also played flugelhorn, bass drum and percussion. Member of the Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians, and co-founded the Art Ensemble of Chicago. Played with Little Milton, Albert King, Solomon Burke, Joe Tex and Rufus Thomas.

Eleanor Roosevelt [[1884-1962) :
    politician, diplomat and activist. Longest serving First Lady of The United States 1933-1945, during her husband Franklin D. Roosevelt's four terms in office.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 11th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-11-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Of course not Grapevine. He's as solid as they go.
    Dufuss, on the other hand, is not.
    And what can we say about R&B?

...thanks Moe...!

MOE,BE NICE TO YOUR FANS,I HAD TO SEND DUUFUSS TO SPECIAL EDUCATION FOR SIX MONTHS...[of course no school in this country would take him]I HAD TO SHIP HIM OFF TO THE ARTIC CIRCLE BUT HE WANTED TO WRITE YOU ON HIS OWN.

If you shipped Duufuss off to the Arctic Circle, then he'll be well used to a frosty reception.

Ms Moe [[Superstar) regrets that she is unable to enter into personal correspondence.

October 12th : if this is your birth date, then you share your special day with :

Sam Moore :
    southern soul and R&B singer, musician and songwriter. Best known as one half, with Dave Prater, of duo Sam & Dave [[1961-1981), followed by a successful solo career. Notable recordings include 'Hold On! I'm Comin', 'When Something Is Wrong With My Baby', 'Soul Man' and 'I Thank You'.

Gordon Chambers :
    singer-songwriter and record producer. Three times Grammy Award nominated writer of songs recorded by The Isley Brothers, Chaka Khan, Patti LaBelle, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston and Beyonce Knowles.

Hugh Jackman :
    Australian stage, television and film actor, singer and producer. Golden Globe award winner for Best Actor, 'Les Miserables', 2013.

Dick Gregory :
    Richard Claxton Gregory; civil rights activist, social critic, writer, entrepreneur, comedian and conspiracy theorist.

Lin Shaye :
    Detroit born film, theatre and television actress. Notable for roles in horror films including 'A Nightmare On Elm Street', 'Critters', 'Dead End', '2001 Maniacs', '2001 Maniacs : Field Of Screams', and 'Amityville : A New Generation'.

Melvin 'Blue' Franklin[[1942- 1995) :

David Melvin English; bass singer with The Temptations, 1960-1994. Featured leads include 'I Truly, Truly Believe', 'Silent Night', 'The Prophet' and 'Ol' Man River'.

Nappy Brown [[1929-2008) :
    Napoleon Brown Goodson Culp; gospel singer, subsequently R&B ; also songwriter and musician. Best known for 'Don't Be Angry' and 'Night Time Is The Right Time'

Luciano Pavarotti [[1935-2007) :
    Italian operatic tenor, one of the most commercially successful of all time. Known as one of The Three Tenors, together with Placido Domingo and Jose Carreras. Best known for bel canto operas, pre-Aida Verdi roles, and Puccini works, especially 'La Boheme', 'Tosca' and 'Madama Butterfly'.

August Horch [[1868-1951) :
    German engineer and automobile pioneer, the founder of the manufacturing giant which would eventually become Audi.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 12th

Wonder if Dufuss will run into Chilly Willy westgrand?

You're welcome Grapevine!!

The thought of Dufus suddenly meeting Orca would be a far more satisfying encounter, Moe....

October 13th : if this is your birth date, then you share your special day with :

Dorothy Moore :
    R&B and soul singer. Best known for 'Misty Blue', 'Funny How Time Slips Away' and 'I Believe You'.

Pharoah Sanders :
    Farrell Sanders; jazz saxophonist and band leader. Played with bands of Sun Ra and John Coltrane - also, Don Cherry, Alice Coltrane, Idris Muhammad, Ornette Coleman and Art Davis.

Shirley Caesar :
    gospel music singer, songwriter and recording artist. Eleven Grammy Awards. Sang with The Caravans, also Patti LaBelle, Whitney Houston and Dorothy Norwood. Appeared in 'Fighting Temptations' with Beyonce Knowles and Cuba Gooding Jr.

Robert Lamm :
    keyboardist, singer and songwriter. Founding member of Chicago, and writing hits for them including 'Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?', 'Beginnings', 'Saturday In The Park', 'Dialogue [[Part I & II)' and '25 or 6 to 4'.

Ashanti :
    Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas; singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer and actress. Best known for single 'Foolish' and Grammy Award winning album 'Ashanti'.

Baby Washington :
    Justine Washington; soul/R&B singer. Best remembered for 'The Time', 'The Bells', 'That's How Heartaches Are Made' and 'I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face'.

Sacha Baron Cohen :
    English actor, comedian and screenwriter. Creator of four fictional characters : Ali G., Borat Sagdiyev, Bruno Gehard and Admiral General Aladeen.

Paul Simon :musician, singer and songwriter, composing most of the songs recorded by Simon & Garfunkel, including 'The Sound Of The Silence', 'Mrs Robinson' and 'Bridge Over Troubled Mind' . Successful solo career; notable recordings include 'Mother And Child Reunion', 'Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard', 'Loves Me Like A Rock' and '50 Ways To Leave Your Lover'.

Marie Osmond :
    Olive Marie Osmond; singer, film screenwriter,actress, and doll designer. A member of the Osmonds show business family, has found success as a country music artist. Best known for 'Paper Roses'.

Rhett Atkins :
    country music singer and songwriter. Best remembered for 'That Ain't My Truck' and 'Don't Get Me Started'.

Sammy 'The Red Rocker' Hagar :
    rock vocalist, guitarist, songwriter and musician. Best known as lead vocalist with Van Halen 1985-1996, and 2003-2005.

Kelly Preston :
    actress and former model, appearing in over 60 television and film productions. Notable work includes 'Mischief', 'Twins' and 'Jerry Maguire'. Married to John Travolta.

Desmond Wilson :
    actor, author and pastor. Best known for his role as Lamont Sanford in 1970s NBC sitcom 'Sanford And Son'.

Edwina Currie :
    English novelist and broadcaster, and former Member of Parliament. Author of six novels and four works of non-fiction.

Nana Mouskouri :
    Ioanna Mouschouri; Greek singer. Has recorded in thirteen languages. Notable recordings include 'The White Rose Of Athens', 'My Colouring Book' and 'Only Love'.

Art Tatum
    [[1909-1956) :
    jazz pianist. Influenced by Fats Waller and Earl Hines, and acknowledged as one of the greatest jazz pianists of all time. At the end of his life, played at Bakers Keyboard Lounge in Detroit, on a Steinway purchased in New York.

Ray Brown [[1926-2002) :
    jazz double bassist and cellist. Grammy Award winner for 'Gravy Waltz', later used as the theme tune for the Steve Allen Show. Married to Ella Fitzgerald 1947-1953. Played with Dizzy Gillespie, later Oscar Peterson, before accompanying artists including Tony Bennett, Billy Eckstine, Frank Sinatra, Sarah Vaughan and Nancy Wilson.

Margaret Thatcher [[1925-2013):
    English politician, and former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, 1979-1990. Longest serving British Prime Minister of the 20th century and, to date, the only woman to have held the office.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 13th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-13-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Relax folks,those[bigfoot]sightings are just[duufuss]trying to find his way back to da hood.

WEST,TELL MS.MOE[SUPERSTAR]TO TAKE IT EASY ON DUUFUSS,DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND A KINDERGARDEN SEAT FOR A STUDENT WHO IS[6ft9in]TALL?

Does he bear any resemblance to Herman Munster, by any chance?

Actually he does but there are no photos because the film melted before it could be developed.

Wonder if Dufuss has a pet named "Spot?"

If so, mark it well....

October 14th : if this is your birth date, then you share your special day with :

Robert Parker :

R&B singer and saxophonist. Best known for his 1966 hit, 'Barefootin'.

Chris Amoo :
    English soul singer. Lead vocalist of The Real Things. Notable recordings include 'You To Me Are Everything', 'Can't Get By Without You', 'You'll Never Know What You're Missing' and 'Can You Feel The Force'.

Marcia Barrett :
    Jamaican born English R&B and dance singer, and original member of Boney M. Best known recordings : 'Daddy Cool', 'Ma Baker', 'Rivers Of Babylon/Brown Girl In The Ring', 'Rasputin', 'Mary's Boy Child - Oh My Lord' and 'Hooray! Hooray! It's a Holi-Holiday'.

Omar :

Omar Christopher Lye-Fook. English soul singer, songwriter and musician. Best known for 'There's Nothing Like This'.

Usher :
    singer, songwriter, dancer and actor. Nine Hot 100 number-one hits, including 'Nice And Slow', 'U Remind Me' , 'U Got It Bad' and 'Burn'.

Cliff Richard :
    Harry Rodger Webb. Indian born English pop singer, musician, performer, actor and philanthropist. Fourteen UK Number One singles. Notable recordings include ' Living Doll', 'The Young Ones', 'Summer Holiday', 'Congratulations', 'Devil Woman' and 'We Don't Talk Anymore'

Ralph Lauren :
    Ralph Lifshitz; fashion designer, philanthropist and business executive. Best known for the Ralph Lauren Corporation clothing company.

Roger Moore :
    English film and television actor. Best known internationally for playing James Bond, 1973-1985.

Steve Coogan :
    English televison and film actor, stand-up comedian, impressionist, writer and producer. Best known for his character 'Alan Partridge', also brother and sister 'Paul and Pauline Calf'.

Karyn White :
    R&B singer. Best known for 'Romantic', also 'Superwoman', 'Secret Rendezvous' and 'The Way You Love Me'.

Norman Harris [[1947-1987) :
    guitarist, producer, arranger and songwriter. A founding member of MFSB, and leading arranger for Philadelphia International label, and also Salsoul Records. Arranged and produced many recordings, including for Blue Magic, First Choice, Curtis Mayfield, Loleatta Holloway and Major Harris.

Ivory Tilmon [[1941-2014) :
    R&B/soul singer. Co-founder member of The Emeralds in Little Rock, Arksansas, before moving to Detroit, and becoming The Detroit Emeralds. Best known for 'Show Time', 'If I Lose Your Love', 'Do Me Right', 'You Want It, You Got It', 'Baby, Let Me Take You [[In My Arms)' and their biggest hit, 'Feel The Need In Me'.

Dwight D. Eisenhower [[1890-1969) :
    34th President of The United States, and the last U.S. President to have been born in the 19th Century. A five-star general in the United States Army during World War II, and served as Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe.

Lillian Gish [[1893-1993) :
    stage, film and television actress, director and writer. Film acting career began in silent films, and spanned 75 years. Notable films include 'Birth Of A Nation', 'Way Down East', 'Duel In The Sun', and 'Night Of The Hunter'.

William Penn [[1644-1718) :
    English real estate entrepreneur, philosopher, and early Quaker. Founder of the Province of Pennsylvania, the English North American colony and the future Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

James II [[1633-1701) :
    King of England and Ireland, and King of Scotland as James VII, from 1685 until he was deposed in the Great Revolution of 1688. He was the last Roman Catholic monarch to reign over the kingdoms of England, Scotland and Ireland.

E. E. Cummings [[1894-1962) :
    Edward Estlin Cummings; poet, painter, essayist, author and playwright. Writer of nearly 3,000 poems, two autobiographical novels, four plays and several essays, as well as numerous drawings and paintings.

John Wooden [[1910-2010) :
    basketball player and coach. Nicknamed 'The Wizard of Westwood', as head coach at UCLA he won 10 NCAA national championships in a 12-year period, including an unprecedented seven consecutive wins.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 14th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-14-2015 at 03:54 PM.

HEY WEST,I DIDN'T KNOW THAT[WILLIAM PENN]WAS INTO REAL ESTATE,MAN IF I COULDA HOOKED UP WITH HIM,WE WOULDA MADE A MINT...JUST THINK OF IT INSTEAD OF[PENNSLVANIA]IT WOULD'VE BEEN[HOOCHSLVANIA]...[I'm misting up over here].

Well, I must say 'Hoochsylvania' does sound preferable to 'Arrsylvania', or even 'Beesylvania'.

And good ole William Penn [[from England!) could have named it Ballpointe.....

October 15th : if this is your birth date, then you share your special day with :

Mildred 'Millie' Gill :

Mildred Gill Arbor; soul/R&B singer. Co-founding member of The Velvelettes, and sister of lead singer, Carolyn 'Cal' Gill.

Tito Jackson :
    Toriano Adaryll Jackson; singer, guitarist and songwriter. Co-founding member of The Jackson 5/The Jacksons.

Eric Benet :
    Eric Benet Jordan; R&B and neo soul singer-songwriter. Four Grammy award nominations. Best known for 'Spend My Life With You' [[with Tamia), 1999.

Ginuwine :
    Elgin Baylor Lumpkin; singer, songwriter, dancer and actor. Best known recordings include 'Pony', 'So Anxious', 'Differences', 'Hell Yeah' [[featuring Baby), and 'In Those Jeans'.

Rod Temperton :
    Rodney Lynn Temperton; English songwriter, record producer and musician. Keyboardist and main songwriter in Heatwave. Composer of 'Off The Wall', 'Rock With You' and 'Thriller', for Michael Jackson.

Richard Carpenter :
    Richard Lynn Carpenter; record producer, arranger, pianist, keyboardist, occasional lyricist, composer and vocalist. Best known as one half of brother/sister duo The Carpenters, with his sister, Karen. Songs composed [[with John Bettis) for The Carpenters include 'Goodbye To Love', 'Top Of The World', 'Yesterday Once More' and 'Only Yesterday'.

Keyshia Cole :
    singer, songwriter, record producer, businesswoman and television personality. Best known for albums 'The Way It Is', 'Just Like You' and 'A Different Me', and also single of 'Let It Go' [[featuring Lil' Kim and Missy Elliott).

Jessie Ware :
    Jessica Lois Ware; English singer and songwriter. Best known for 'Tough Love' and 'Say You Love Me', 2014.

Linda Lavin :
    stage, television and film actress. Best known for playing title role in CBS television series 'Alice' [[1976-1985), receiving Golden Globe award for Best Actress, 1979 and 1980. Tony Award winner for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Play, 'Broadway Bound', 1987.

Penny Marshall :
    Carole Penny Marshall; television and film actress, director and producer. Best known for three times Golden Globe nominated role as Laverne DeFazio in television series 'Laverne and Shirley', 1976-1983. Notable as director of 'Big' [[1988), 'Awakenings' [[1990, Academy Award nominated for Best Picture) and 'A League Of Their Own' [[1992).

Sarah 'Fergie' Ferguson :
    Sarah, Duchess of York; English writer, charity patron, public speaker, film producer and television personality. Former wife of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, the second son of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke Of Edinburgh.

Dominic West :
    English actor, musician and director. Best known for role of Detective Jimmy McNulty in HBO drama series 'The Wire', and winner of British Academy television award for Best Actor in 'Appropriate Adult'. Currently starring in Golden Globe nominated role of Noah Solloway in television drama series, 'The Affair'.

Remembering :
    those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Marv Johnson [[1938-1993) :
    Marvin Earl Johnson; Detroit born R&B/soul singer, songwriter and pianist. Best known for 'Come To Me', 'I Love The Way You Love', 'You Got What It Takes', and 'I'll Pick A Rose For My Rose'.

Nellie Lutcher [[1912-2007) :
    R&B and jazz singer, songwriter and pianist. Best known for 'Hurry On Down', 'He's A Real Gone Guy' and 'Fine Brown Frame'.

Friedrich Nietzsche [[1844-1900) :
    German philosopher, cultural critic, poet, composer, and Latin and Greek scholar. His work exerted a profound influence on Western philosophy and modern intellectual history.

Abdul Kalam
    [[1931-2015) :
    Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen 'A.P.J.' Abdul Kalam; 11th President of India, 2002-2007. Formerly an aerospace scientist, he returned to education, writing and public service after serving one term in office.

Mario Puzo [[1920-1999) :
    Mario Gianluigi Pozo; author and screenwriter. Best known for novels about The Mafia, most notably 'The Godfather' [[1969), and co-adapted into a three-part film saga. Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for first film in 1972, and for Part II in 1974.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 15th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-15-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Hey west,i'm think of investing in some real estate in the [uk]i was thinking about some land in[sherwood forest]any thoughts?

Yes. You'd have no chance. It's a country park, managed by a trust. They have 900 veteran oak trees - and they have counted every one......

Wandering around, in a green outfit, with a bow and arrow, calling yourself Robin Hood, would get you arrested.....

He'd get arrested anyway......

At the very least, moved on, for creating disorder......

Arr&bee & His Merry Men has a nice ring to it.

Umm west you might want to get someone over to the park,greasy grady was spotted in the vacinity with some of his merry men,i hear he's looking for a new oak desk...timmmmmberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

October 16th : if this is your birth date, then you share your special day with :

Bill Johnson :

R&B/soul singer from Augusta, GA; one half of duo Sam and Bill, with Sam Gary [[later, Sam Davis). Formed own group, Four Steps Of Rhythm, and later sang with The Soul Brothers, where he met Sam Gary. Notable recordings include 'Fly Me To The Moon' , 'For Your Love', 'I Feel Like Cryin', 'I Need Your Love To Comfort Me' and 'Who Will It Be'.

Sugar Pie DeSanto :
    Umpeylia Marsema Balinton; Filipino-American R&B singer, songwriter and dancer. Toured with the Johnny Otis and James Brown revues. Notable recordings include 'I Want To Know', 'Slip In Mules [[No High Heel Sneakers)', 'Soulful Dress', 'Use What You Got' - and 'Do I Make Myself Clear' and 'In The Basement', both duets with Etta James.

Carla Benson :
    soul singer; best known for her work as a background vocalist, notably singing with Evette Benton and Barbara Ingram as 'The Sweethearts of Sigma' [[Sound Studios) - also known as 'The Sweeties' ; the in-house female session group for Philadelphia International Records.

John Mayer :
    singer-songwriter and producer. Number-one selling albums : 'Heavier Things' [[Grammy Award for Song Of The Year, 'Daughters'), 'Battle Studies' and 'Born And Raised'.

Simon Bartholomew :
    English guitarist, songwriter, producer and vocalist, best known as member of The Brand New Heavies. Notable recordings include 'Never Stop', 'Dream On Dreamer', 'Sometimes' and 'You've Got A Friend'.

Angela Lansbury :
    English-American stage, television and film actress, singer, songwriter and producer. Notable stage work includes 'Mame', 'Dear World', 'Gypsy', 'Sweeney Todd', and 'Blithe Spirit' [[Tony Award for Best Actress in all productions). Notable film work includes 'Murder, She Wrote' 1984-1996 [[Golden Globe award for Best Actress in Television Series Drama; 1985, 1987, 1990 and 1992). Notable film work includes 'Gaslight', 'The Picture of Dorian Gray', 'The Manchurian Candidate', 'Something For Everyone', 'Bedknobs And Broomsticks', 'Death On The Nile', 'Little Gloria - Happy At Last', 'The Gift Of Love : A Christmas Story', and 'The Blackwater Lightship'. Promoted to Dame Commander Of The Order Of The British Empire, 2014.

Flea :

Michael Peter Balzary; Australian born American musician and occasional actor. Best known as bass guitarist, co-founding member and composer of Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Suzanne Somers :
    Suzanne Marie Mahoney; actress, author, singer, businesswoman and health spokesperson.

Shayne Ward :
    English pop singer and actor.

Tim Robbins :
    actor, screenwriter, director, producer, activist and musician.

Kim Wayans :
    actress, comedian, producer, writer and director.

Hema Malini :
    Hema Malini Chakravarty; Indian actress, director, producer, dancer and politician.

Fernanda Montenegro :
    Arlette Pinheiro Esteves Torres; Brazilian stage, television and film actress.

Barry Corbin :
    television and film actor.

Bob Weir :
    singer, songwriter and guitarist, best known as founding member of The Grateful Dead.

Remembering : those also born on this date, but who have since passed away:

Oscar Wilde [[1854-1900) :
    Irish playwright, novelist, essayist and poet.

Nico [[1938-1988) :
    Christa Paffgen;
    German singer-songwriter, lyricist, composer, musician, fashion model and actress.

Paul Edwin Zimmer [[1943-1997) :
    poet and author.

Manute Bol [[1962-2010) :
    Sudanese-born American basketball player and political activist.

Noah Webster Jr. [[1758-1843) :
    lexicographer, textbook pioneer, English language spelling reformer, political writer, editor and prolific author.

Ray Johnson [[1927-1995) :
    collagist and correspondence artist.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 16th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-18-2015 at 05:24 PM.

October 17th : if this is your birth date, then you share your special day with :

Wyclef Jean :
    Haitian rapper, musician, and television and film actor. Notable for being a member of The Fugees. Grammy Awards for best rap album 'The Score', 1997, and best R&B performance by a duo/group, for 'Killing Me Softly', 1997. Notable recordings include 'Gone Till November', 'Cheated [[To All The Girls)', also 'Sweetest Girl [[Dollar Bill)', with Akon, Niia and Lil Wayne.

Eminem :
    Marshall Bruce 'Eminem' Mathers III; Detroit born rapper,record producer, actor and songwriter. A member of D12 and, with Royce da 5.9", half of hip hop duo, Bad meets Evil. Ten number-one albums, and fifteen Grammy Awards. Academy Award for Best Original Song 'Lose Yourself', 2003. Other notable recordings include 'The Real Slim Shady', 'Without Me', 'Cleanin' Out My Closet', 'Crack a Bottle' [[with Dr Dre and 50 Cent), 'Not Afraid', 'Love The Way You Lie' [[with Rihanna), and 'The Monster' [[with Rihanna).

Ziggy Marley :
    David Nesta 'Ziggy' Marley; Jamaican musician and leader of the band, Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers. Son of Bob and Rita Marley. Seven Grammy Awards.

Gary Puckett :
    singer; best known as lead vocalist with The Union Gap. Best known recordings include 'Woman, Woman' , 'Over You' 'Young Girl' and 'Lady Willpower'.

Alan Jackson :
    Two times Grammy Award country music singer, songwriter and musician. Best remembered recording is 'It's Five O'Clock Somewhere', duet with Jimmy Buffett.

Nancy Sullivan :
    actress, television presenter and screenwriter. Notable roles include Audrey Parker-Nichols on 'Drake & Josh', and numerous characters on 'The Amanda Show'. Has also appeared in many commercials, the most recent being for the Price Chopper supermarket chain.

Mark Gatiss :
    English actor, comedian, screenwriter and novelist. Notable work includes writing and acting in BBC series 'Doctor Who' and 'Sherlock'. A member of the comedy team 'A League Of Gentlemen', with Reece Shearsmith, Steve Pemberton and co-writer Jeremy Dyson.

Mike Judge :
    actor, voice actor, animator, writer, producer, director, musician and cartoonist.Created and starred in television series 'Beavis and Butt-head' , King Of The Hill, and 'The Goode Family', and co-created 'Silicon Valley'.

Gregg Wallace :
    English television presenter and writer. Best known for co-presenting 'Master Chef', 'Celebrity MasterChef', and 'MasterChef : The Professionals'.

Margot Kidder :
    Margaret Ruth 'Margot' Kidder; Canadian born, American stage, television and film actress. Best known for her role as Lois Lane in the 'Superman' films.

Matthew Mcfadyen :
    David Matthew Mcfadyen; English stage, television and film actor. Best known for roles of Tom Quinn in BBC television series 'Spooks', Fitzwilliam Darcy in film of 'Pride And Prejudice', and Daniel in the Frank Oz comedy, 'Death At A Funeral'.

Irene Ryan [[1902-1973) :
    vaudeville, radio, stage, film and television actress. Best known as Daisy 'Granny' Moses in 'The Beverly Hillbillies' [[Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Comedy Actress in a Comedy Series, 1963 and 1964). Other notable work includes her role as Berthe in the Motown co- funded musical 'Pippin', and her song 'No Time At All' from the original cast recording. Irene Ryan received a Tony Award nomination for 'Best Supporting or Featured Actress in a Musical', but passed away during the show's Broadway run.

Rita Hayworth [[1918-1987) :
    Margarita Carmen Cansino; film and television actress. Notable performances in 'Only Angels Have Wings' [[1939), 'You'll Never Get Rich' [[1941), 'Blood And Sand [[1941),'You Were Never Lovelier' [[1942), 'Tales Of Manhattan' [[1942), 'Cover Girl' [[1944), 'Gilda' [[1946), 'The Lady From Shanghai [[1947), 'Pal Joey' [[1957) and 'Separate Tables' [[1958).

Montgomery Clift [[1920-1966) :
    Edward Montgomery 'Monty' Clift; stage and film actor.

Arthur Miller [[1915-2005) :
    playwright, essayist and prominent figure in twentieth-century American theatre.

Pope John Paul I [[1912-1978) :
    Albino Luciani; Italian Cardinal-Priest who served as Pope from August 26th 1978, but passed away just 33 days later.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 17th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-18-2015 at 06:58 PM.

A LOT of October babies so far westgrand!

Tell me about it, Moe. I'm running behind schedule today, with all the details.

I'm exhausted.......LOL

Rest up......there's more to come

You bet, Moe......plenty of R&B and soul people, plus some other names who are famous in the arts.

Oh yes, and there's at least two SDF birthdays, before we hit Hallowe'en....

October 18th : if this is your birth date, then you share your special day with :

[[more details to follow, soon...)

Chuck Berry :
    guitarist, singer and songwriter. Best remembered for 'Maybellene', 'Roll Over Beethoven', 'Rock And Roll Music', 'Sweet Little Sixteen', 'Johnny B. Goode', 'Memphis, Tennessee', 'Nadine' [[Is It You?)', 'No Particular Place To Go' ' You Never Can Tell' and 'My Ding-A-Ling'.

Ronnie Bright :
    R&B and doo wop singer. Bass singer with The Valentines, The Cadillacs, The Deep River Boys and The Coasters. Features on 'Who Put The Bomp' by Barry Mann, 'Baby Workout' by Jackie Wilson, and 'Mr. Bass Man' by Johnny Cymbal.

Wynton Marsalis :
    trumpeter, composer, teacher, and music educator. Artistic director of Jazz at The Lincoln Centre, New York City. Nine Grammy Awards for classical and jazz recordings. 'Blood On The Fields' was the first jazz composition to win Pulitzer Prize for Music [[1997).

Cynthia Weil :
    songwriter. Best known for songs usually written with her husband, Barry Mann. Notable recordings include 'Here You Come Again' by Dolly Parton, 'On Broadway' and' Saturday Night At the Movies' by The Drifters, 'Running With The Night' by Lionel Richie [[co-writer), 'We Gotta Get Out Of This Place' by The Animals, and 'You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by The Righteous Brothers [[co-written with Phil Spector).

Cheryl 'Pepsii' Riley :
    R&B/soul and gospel singer and actress.

Ne-Yo :
    Shaffer Chimere Smith; R&B singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer and actor.

Zak Efron :
    actor and singer.

Jean-Claude Van Damme [[JCVD) :
    Jean-Claude Van Varenberg; Belgian martial artist, actor and director.

Dawn Wells :
    stage, television and film actress.

Erin Moran :
    television actress.

Pam Dawber :
    Detroit born television and film actress.

Martina Navratilova :
    born Martina Subertova; retired Czech and American tennis player and coach.

Esperanza Spalding :
    jazz bass guitarist, double bassist, violinist, cellist and singer.

[[more details to follow, soon....)

Laura Nyro [[1947-1997) :
    songwriter, singer and pianist.

Jessie Mae Hemphill [[1923-2006) :
    electric guitarist, songwriter and vocalist.

Peter Boyle [[1935-2006) :
    stage, television and film actor.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 18th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-19-2015 at 04:04 PM.

October 19th : if this is your birth date, then you share your special day with :

Gloria Jones :
    Gloria Richetta Jones; R&B singer-songwriter, piano and clavinet player. Best remembered for 'Tainted Love' [[1964), later recorded by Soft Cell. Appeared in 'Catch My Soul' with Jerry Lee Lewis, The Blossoms and Dr. John, and also joined the cast of 'Hair' in Los Angeles. Teamed with Pam Sawyer [[often using the name of LaVerne Ware) to write songs for Motown artists including Marvin Gaye & Diana Ross, The Supremes, Gladys Knight & The Pips [[Grammy Award nominated for 'If I Were Your Woman'), The Commodores, Four Tops, The Jackson 5 and Jr. Walker. Worked with T.Rex, becoming romantically involved with Marc Bolan. Recorded album 'Share My Love' for Motown.

Wilbert Hart :
    R&B/soul singer. Original member of The Delfonics[[formerly The Four Gents). Best remembered for 'La-La [[Means I Love You)', 'Didn't I [[Blow Your Mind This Time)', 'Ready Or Not Here I Come [[Can't Hide From Love)'.

George McCrae :
    soul and disco singer. Best remembered for 'Rock Your Baby', 1974, [[Grammy Award nomination for Best Male R&B vocalist), also 'I Can't Leave You Alone' and 'It's Been So Long'.

Jennifer Holliday :
    R&B, soul and gospel singer, and actress. Best known for her role of Effie Melody White in the Broadway musical 'Dreamgirls', [[Tony Award for Best Leading Actress) and her signature song 'And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going' [[Grammy Award, Best Female Performance, R&B). Other notable recordings include ' I Am Changing', 'I Am Love', 'Hard Time For Lovers' and 'I'm On Your Side'.

Patrick Simmons :
    guitarist, vocalist, pianist, and flautist. Best known as a member of The Doobie Brothers, the only original who has remained with the band. Writer of 'South City Midnight Lady', 'Dependin' On You', 'Echoes Of Love' and 'Black Water', the group's first No. 1 hit. Had a solo hit with 'So Wrong'.

Floyd Mayweather Sr.
    former professional boxer, and current boxing trainer. Fighting as a welterweight, had 28 wins out of a total of 35 matches, 17 by knockout. Father and trainer of his son, five-division boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr, and brother of boxers Roger and Jeff Mayweather.

Michael Gambon :
    Irish born English stage, television and film actor. Internationally best known for playing Professor Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter films, after the death of Richard Harris.

Trey Parker :
    Randolph Severn Parker III; actor, animator, screenwriter, director, producer, singer and songwriter. Best known as co-creator [[with Matt Stone) of 'South Park', as well as co-writing and co-directing the Tony award winning musical, 'The Book Of Mormon'.

Evander Holyfield :
    former professional boxer. Held the undisputed world championship in both cruiserweight and heavyweight divisions. The only four-time world heavyweight champion.

John Lithgow :
    actor, musician and author.

Omar Gooding :
    actor, rapper, voice artist and comedian.

Sinitta :
    Sinitta Renay Malone; singer, television personality, dancer and actress.

Jon Favreau :
    Jonathan 'Jon' Kolia Vafreau; actor, director, screenwriter and comedian.

Peter Max :
    Peter Max Finkelstein;German born illustrator and graphic artist.

Veronica Castro :
    Veronica Judith Saenz Castro Alba; Mexican actress and entertainer.

Remembering :

Robert Reed [[1932-1992) :
    John Robert Rietz, Jr., stage, television and film actor, and television director. Best remembered for roles of Kenneth Preston on 'The Defenders', and Mike Brady on ABC sitcom 'The Brady Bunch'. Two Primetime Emmy Award nominations for 'Medical Centre', 'Rich Man, Poor Man' and 'Roots'.

Sharon Redd [[1945-1992) :
    singer and actress. Best remembered for 'Can You Handle It', 'Beat The Street', 'Never Give You Up', 'In The Name Of Love' and 'Love How You Feel'. Appeared in Australian production of 'Hair', and with Bette Midler as a member of The Harlettes.

Divine [[1945-1988) :
    Harris Glenn Milstead; actor and singer, usually adopting female persona. Notable films include 'Polyester' [[1981), 'Lust In The Dust' [[1985), 'Trouble In Mind' [[1985) and 'Hairspray' [[1988). Best remembered recordings included 'You Think You're A Man', 'I'm So Beautiful' and 'Walk Like A Man'.

LaWanda Page [[1920-2002) :
    Alberta Peal; actress and comedienne. Best remembered for her role as Aunt Esther in 1970s television sitcom 'Sanford And Son'; also 'Sanford Arms' and 'Sanford'.

Peter Tosh [[1944-1987) :
    Winston Hubert McIntosh; Jamaican reggae musician.

Cassius Marcellus Clay [[1810-1903) :
    Kentucky planter, and politician.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 19th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-21-2015 at 10:00 AM.

October 20th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Our own SDF member, theboyfromxtown.

Happy Birthday, John! Enjoy whatever you do, today

Mark King :
    English musician. Best known for being lead singer and bass guitarist of Level 42.

Snoop Dogg :
    Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr., rapper and actor.

Tom Petty :
    musician, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and record producer. Best known as lead singer of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.

Danii Minogue :
    Danielle Jane Minogue; Australian singer-songwriter, talent competition judge, actress, television and radio personality, and fashion designer.

Timothy West :
    English stage, film and television actor.

Remembering : those who were also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

C. P. Spencer [[1938-2004) :
    Crathman Plato Spencer; Detroit born musician, singer, songwriter and record producer. Best known as a member of The Originals.

Eddie Harris [[1934-1996) :
    jazz musician, best known for playing tenor saxophone [[also piano and organ), and for introducing the electrically amplified saxophone.

Jelly Roll Morton [[1890-1941) :
    Ferdinand Joseph LaMothe; ragtime and early jazz pianist, bandleader and composer.

Bela Lugosi [[1882-1956) :
    Bela Ferenc Dezso Blasko; Hungarian-American stage and film actor. Best remembered for 1931 film, 'Dracula', and subsequent horror films.

Jerry Orbach [[1935-2004) :
    Jerome Bernard Orbach; stage, television and film actor.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 20th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-20-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Wow west,i'm outta breath,but keep em comin.

I'll try, Arr&bee. Wish I had more time. Meanwhile, I need oxygen......

Slow down my friend,listen to the birds chirp,look at the flowers in bloom,sip some tea,don't rush take it nice and slow.....now don't you feel better?

R&B, I was driving today but was passed by a car that had "Lil Bit" on the rear window. Why didn't you tell me Lil Bit was running loose in Northeast Ohio?

October 21st : if this is your birth date, then you share your special day with :

Steve Cropper :
    guitarist, songwriter and record producer.

Elvin Bishop :
    blues and rock musician and guitarist.

Steve Lukather :
    guitarist, singer, songwriter, arranger and record producer. Best known for work with Toto.

Carrie Fisher :
    actress, novelist, screenwriter and performance artist.

'Judge Judy' Sheindlin :
    Judith Susan Sheindlin; lawyer, judge, television personality and author.

Benjamin Netanyahu :
    current Prime Minister of Israel, and the first to be born in Israel after the establishment of the state.

Joyce Randolph :
    Joyce Sirola; Detroit born actress; best known for playing Trixie Norton on The Honeymooners.

Vivian Pickles :
    English stage radio and television actress.

LaTanya Richardson :
    actress and producer.

Remembering :

Yvonne Fair [[1942-1994):
    Flora Yvonne Coleman; R&B and soul singer.

Dizzy Gillespie [[1917-1993) :
    John Birks 'Dizzy' Gillespie; jazz trumpeter, bandleader, composer and occasional singer.

Celia Cruz [[1925-2003) :
    Ursula Hilaria Celia de la Caridad Cruz Alfonso; Cuban salsa singer/performer.

Alfred Nobel [[1833-1896) :
    Swedish chemist, engineer, innovator and armaments manufacturer.

Lux Interior [[1946-2009) :
    Erick Lee Purkhiser; singer and founding member of punk band The Cramps.

Ronald McNair [[1950-1986) :
    physicist and NASA astronaut.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 21st
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-22-2015 at 03:21 AM.

October 22nd : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Shaggy :
    Orville Richard Burrell; Jamaican-Canadian reggae fusion singer and D.J. Best known for 'Boombastic', 'It Wasn't Me', 'Hey Sexy Lady' and 'Angel'.

Christopher Lloyd :
    stage, television and film actor; best known for roles as Emmett 'Doc' Brown in the 'Back To The Future' trilogy, Jim Ignatowski in 'Taxi', Uncle Fester in 'The Addams Family' and 'Addams Family Values', and Judge Doom in 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit'.

Jeff Goldblum :
    stage, television and film actor. Notable roles in 'The Fly', 'Jurassic Park', 'Jurassic Park : The Lost World', and 'Independence Day'.

Shelby Lynne :
    Shelby Lynn Moorer; singer-songwriter and producer. Grammy Award winner for Best New Artist, 'I Am Shelby Lynne' album.

Catherine Deneuve :
    French actress and film producer. Notable work includes 'The Last Metro', 'Indochine', 'The Umbrellas Of Cherbourg', 'Repulsion', 'Belle De Jour', 'Tristana' and 'Place Vendome'.

Arsene Wenger :
    French football manager and former player. Manager of Arsenal, the English football Premier League club, since 1996.

Remembering : those who were also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Bobby Fuller [[1942-1966) :
    rock singer, songwriter and guitarist. Best known for 'I Fought The Law' and 'Love's Made A Fool Of You', recorded with his mid-60s group, the Bobby Fuller Four.

Annette Funicello [[1942-2013) :
    actress and singer. Child performer at the age of twelve, becoming a 'Mouseketeer' on the original Mickey Mouse club. Billboard hits include 'Tall Paul', 'O Dio Mio' and 'Pineapple Princess'. Successful films during 1960s in the 'Beach Party' genre, with co-star Frankie Avalon.

Curly Howard [[1903-1952) :
    Jerome Lester Horwitz; comedian and vaudevillian actor. Best known as a member of The Three Stooges.

Franz Liszt [[1811-1886) :
    Hungarian composer, virtuoso pianist, conductor, teacher and Franciscan tertiary. Notable compositions include 'La Campanella', 'Liebestraume No. 3', 'Hungarian Rhapsody No.2' and 'Un Sospiro'.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 22nd
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-22-2015 at 06:07 PM.