[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 780 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast
    Arr&bee, wasn't it Roland Winters who played Charlie Chan, and not Roland Young - ?

And his birthday was December 22nd...

Some well-known people who are celebrating their birthdays today, August 9th :

Wanda Rogers :
    of The Marvelettes. Joined the group as Wanda Young, replacing Georgia Dobbins, before marrying Bobby Rogers of The Miracles. Co-lead singer of The Marvelettes before the departure of Gladys Horton, then main lead vocals [[with the exception of some tracks featuring Ann Bogan) until the group officially disbanded in 1972. Notable recordings include : 'I'll Keep Holding On', 'Don't Mess With Bill', 'The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game', 'When You're Young And In Love', 'My Baby Must Be A Magician'.

Melanie Griffith:
    actress, and daughter of fellow actress Tippi Hedren. Academy Award nominated, and winner of Golden Globe award, for Best Actress, 'Working Girl' [[1988). Golden Globe nominations for Best Supporting Actress, 'Body Double' [[1984), and for Best Actress, 'Something Wild' [[1986). Golden Globe nominated for Best Actress in a series, miniseries or television film, 'Buffalo Girls' [[1995), and Golden Globe & Emmy Award nominated for outstanding actress in a miniseries or movie, 'RKO 281' [[1999).

Gillian Anderson :
    film, television and theatre actress. Winner of Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series, and also Golden Globe award for Best Actress in a Television Series Drama, for 'The X-Files' [[1997)

Today we remember, born on this date :

Whitney Houston :
    singer, actress, producer and model. Two Emmy awards, six Grammy awards, 30 Billboard music awards, and 22 American Music awards. Many notable recordings, which include 'Saving All My Love For You', 'How Will I Know', 'Greatest Love Of All', 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody [[Who Loves Me)', 'Didn't We Almost Have It All', 'So Emotional', Where Do Broken Hearts Go', 'I'm Your Baby Tonight', 'All The Man That I Need','I Will Always Love You' and 'Exhale [[Shoop Shoop)'.

Billy Henderson :
    original founder member of The Spinners. The group received six Grammy Award nominations. Notable recordings include 'That's What Girls Are Made For', 'I'll Always Love You', 'Its A Shame', 'I'll Be Around', 'Could It Be I'm Falling In Love','One Of A Kind [[Love Affair), 'Ghetto Child', 'Then Came You' [[with Dionne Warwick),'Games People Play', 'The Rubberband Man',and 'Working My Way Back To You'.

Robert Shaw:
    English film and stage actor, novelist and playwright. Academy Award and Golden Globe nominated for Best Supporting Actor, 'A Man For All Seasons' [[1966). Other notable work includes 'From Russia With Love' [[1963), 'Battle Of The Bulge' [[1965), 'The Sting' [[1973),'The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three' [[1974), 'Jaws' [[1975), 'Black Sunday' [[1977), 'The Deep' [[1977), and 'Force Ten From Navarone' [[1978)

Happy Birthday to you, too, if you are also celebrating your birthday today
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 08-09-2015 at 06:41 PM.

Roland winters,thanks west, you tuggin at the heartstings today-wanda-whitney, two of the best ever.

10 August..... TODAY!

Happy Birthday Cal Street!

Yes indeed, theboyfromxtown.....Happy Birthday to Cal.

There can be no greater fan of the Lovely Ladies of The Velvelettes, than your goodself.

More to follow soon on Cal, from me....

Thanks for posting the clip from their excellent Anthology. If anyone has yet to get themselves a copy, perhaps some can still be found.

'Bring Back The Sunshine' : I believe I'm actually listening here to Cal with The Andantes, on that particular recording from later in their Motown career - ?

Birthdays today, August 10th, are being celebrated by :

Carolyn Gill :
    lead singer of The Velvelettes. Former wife of the late Richard Street, member of The Monitors and, subsequently, The Temptations. Using the name 'Carolyn' for professional reasons, she was born Caldin Ann Gill, and is informally known as 'Cal' - but also known as 'Carol' to her elder sister Mildred Gill [['Millie') who joins her in The Velvelettes, together with Bertha And Norma Barbee. While not related to Cal and Millie, Bertha and Norma are cousins of each other. The Velvelettes are the only group from the '60s heyday of Motown still performing with the original members. Many notable recordings, including 'Needle In A Haystack', ''He Was Really Sayin' Somethin',' Lonely Lonely Girl Am I', ' A Bird In The Hand [[Is Worth Two In The Bush)', 'These Things Will Keep Me Loving You', and 'Ain't No Place Like Motown'.

Antonio Banderas :
    Spanish actor, director and producer. Formerly married to Melanie Griffith, whose birthday was yesterday, August 9th. Notable work : 'Assassins', 'Evita', Interview With The Vampire', 'Philadelphia', 'Desperado', 'The Mask Of Zorro', and 'Spy Kids'. He provided the voice for 'Puss In Boots' in the 'Shrek' sequels, and also 'Puss In Boots'. Winner of Tony award for Best Actor in a Musical, for 'Nine'.

Rosanna Arquette :

actress, film director, and producer. Notable work includes The Executioner's Song, Baby It's You, Desperately Seeking Susan, After Hours, Black Rainbow.

Ian Anderson :

Scottish musician, singer, and songwriter. Lead vocalist, flautist and acoustic guitarist of rock band Jethro Tull. Appointed a Member of the Most Excellent Order of The British Empire [[MBE) in 2008.

Remembering those born on this date, and who have passed away :

Bobby Hatfield :
    singer, best known for performing with Bill Medley, as The Righteous Brothers. Notable recordings include 'Little Latin Lupe Lu', 'You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin', 'Unchained Melody', 'Ebb Tide', and '[[You're My) Soul And Inspiration'.

Jack Haley :
    vaudevillian, stage, radio and film actor, light comedian, singer and dancer. Best known for his performance as 'Tin Man' in 'The Wizard Of Oz'. [[1939). Supporting roles in musical feature films, including 'Poor Little Rich Girl', 'Higher and Higher' and 'Alexander's Ragtime Band'. Father-in-law of Liza Minnelli, 1974-1979

Eddie Fisher :
    singer and entertainer. Reputed to be the most successful singles artist in the early 1950s. Seventeen Top 10 hits between 1950-1956, including Number One hits 'Wish You Were Here', 'I'm Walking Behind You', 'Oh! My Pa-Pa', and 'I Need You Now'. Five wives, including Debbie Reynolds [[their daughter is actress Carrie Fisher), Elizabeth Taylor and Connie Stevens.

Herbert Hoover :
    31st President of the United States, 1929-1933, and in office during the Great Depression.

To everyone celebrating their Birthday today, have a wonderful time
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 08-10-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Good names, well maybe not[hoover]but the cool eddie fisher and jack haley[the tinman].

Details to follow, soonest.....busy day here

Wow,west got the birthday elves workin...go west!!!

I have a bank of secretaries. They looked at the work load, and said "and you're expecting us to take this lying down, are you??!"...so I have them working flat out.....

I guess they acquiesced when you told them to "stand down."
    Good show, westgrand!!

Moe, I have secretaries who are male, female and transsexual. I am an equal opportunity employer, and my secretaries feature all nationalities from around the world.

I cannot understand a WORD they say...and the only time I get any peace is when I send them away [[far away...) on holiday...and even then, their time is paid......

I hear many people would like to work under you.

They are already working under..... a misapprehension.

I could find myself facing many Industrial Tribunals, for claims based on 'unfulfilled expectations'...

West you're a good buisinessman like myself always helping those in need...villians-thieves-thugs-cattle rustlers-trolls-wicked witches-bushwackers and damsels in remission...west we're too good for this world brother!!!

I have just instructed them all [['The Team') to stand by their computers [[you didn't think I use just the one?) and sing the Company Song...."I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing".

Maybe then....then, you might get to know just who is celebrating their birthday today.....

Those celebrating birthdays today, August 11th :

Viola Davis :
    stage and film actress. Winner Tony Awards, Best Featured Actress in a Play, King Hedley II [[2001) and Best Actress, 'Fences' [[2010). Academy Award and Golden Globe nominated for Best Supporting Actress, 'Doubt' [[2008), and for Best Actress 'The Help' [[2011), Golden Globe nominated for Best Actress in a Television Series Drama, 'How To Get Away With Murder', [[2014)

Sophie Okonedo:
    English actress, appointed Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire [[OBE) in 2010. Tony Award winner for Best Featured Actress in a Play, 'A Raisin In The Sun' [[2014). Academy Award nominated for Best Supporting Actress, 'Hotel Rwanda', [[2004). Golden Globe Award nominated for Best Actress in a Miniseries/Television Movie , 'Tsunami: The Aftermath', [[2007)

Ian McDiarmid :
    Scottish stage, film, television and radio actor, and director. Most well known for his role as the Emperor Palpatine, the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, in the Star Wars film series.

Remembering those whose birthdays fall on this date :

Alex Haley :
    writer, best known as author of the 1976 book, 'Roots : The Saga Of An American Family' This was adapted the following year into an extremely popular TV mini-series. Other works of note are 'The Autobiography of Malcolm X' [[1965), and 'Alex Haley's Queen', unfinished at the time of his death in 1992, completed by David Stevens and adapted into a film, 1993. Writer of the screenplay for the film 'Super Fly T.N.T. [[1973)

Mike Douglas :
    'Big Band' era singer, entertainer and television talk show host of 'The Mike Douglas Show', which latterly became 'The Mike Douglas Entertainment Hour'. Broadcasts were made originally from Philadelphia, then from Los Angeles. Guests included Truman Capote, Richard Nixon, The Rolling Stones, Barbra Streisand and Aretha Franklin. Mike Douglas provided the singing voice of Prince Charming in Disney's 'Cinderella'.

Enid Blyton :
    Best selling English children's writer of over 600 books. Translated into nearly 90 languages, and selling several hundred million copies worldwide. Best remembered for 'Noddy', 'Famous Five', and 'Secret Seven' series.

Have a great day, if today is your birthday
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 08-11-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Westgrand, are you offering bottles of coke when your secretaries sing the company song?

Viola was also in[antwone fisher]..and good ol merv with the cool[arthur treacher]who for years had the fish and chips eaterys in the u.s. One was still up and running until afew years ago in my area.

Yes Moe, The Team gets coke, to keep them sweet. And then, with all that sweetness, they need dental care.....

Arr&bee...are you confusing Mike D., with Merv G.?

August 12th, and among today's Birthday People are :

George Hamilton:
    film and television actor. Golden Globe award for Most Promising Newcomer [[Male) for 'Where The Boys Are' [[1960). Also Golden Globe nominated for 'Love At First Bite' [[1979) and 'Zorro, The Gay Blade' [[1981). Other notable work includes a perpetual suntan, 'Your Cheatin' Heart' [[1964), 'Evel Knievel' [[1971), 'The Godfather : Part III ' [[1990), ABC TV series 'Dynasty' [[1985-1986) and 'Dancing With The Stars' [[2006).

Mark Knopfler :
    singer, songwriter, guitarist, record producer and film score composer. A four-time Grammy award winner, including for Best Rock Vocal Group, 'Money For Nothing', 1986 [[by Dire Straits 1977-1995, the group for which he is perhaps best remembered, and which had several number one albums). Successful solo career. Appointed Officer of the Order Of the British Empire [[OBE), for services to music, in 1999.

Pete Sampras :
    retired tennis player and former No. 1. Known as 'Pistol Pete'. Seven Wimbledon and five U.S. Open singles titles. Five ATP World Tour finals and two Grand Slam cups. Ranked No 1 continuously from 1993-1998.

Casey Affleck :
    actor, film director, screenwriter and producer. Academy Award and Golden Globe nominated for Best Supporting Actor, in 'The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford' [[2007). Other notable films are 'Ocean's Eleven' [[2001) ' Ocean's Thirteen' [[2007), 'Gone Baby Gone' [[2007) 'Ain't Them Bodies Saints' and 'Out Of The Furnace' [[2013)

Remembering those born on this date, who have since passed away :

Cecil B. DeMille :
    Cecil Blount DeMille was, between 1913 and 1956, a pioneer film maker of over 60 silent and 19 sound films. Academy Awards Honorary Award [[1950). Academy Award for Best Picture, 'The Greatest Show On Earth [[1953), [[and AA nominated for Best Director) and also received Golden Globe award for Best Director for that film. The Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award, [[1953). Other notable work includes 'The Ten Commandments' [[1923), 'The King Of Kings' [[1927), 'The Sign Of The Cross' [[1932), 'Cleopatra' [[1934; AA nomination for Best Picture) 'Samson And Delilah' [[1949), 'The Ten Commandments' [[1956). He appeared as himself in several films, most memorably in 'Sunset Boulevard' [[1950)

Buck Owens :
    musician, singer, songwriter and bandleader. Twenty-one number one hits on Billboard country music charts with his group, The Buckaroos.

Cantinflas :
    Born Mario Moreno Reyes. Mexican comic film actor, producer and screenwriter. Best remembered for his appearance in the Academy Award winner of Best Picture, 'Around The World In 80 Days' [[1956), for which he was awarded Golden Globe for Best Actor in a motion picture Musical or Comedy. Nominated for same category for 'Pepe', [[1961)

Happy Birthday, everyone celebrating today
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 08-12-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa,cecil b. Was da man...i'm gonna make big movie like he did..as a matter of fact i'm working on my next big one called-the five refunds..it's sort of a sequel where when the people realize that they don't need all ten commandments they ask for a refund on half of em and moses says no and the real action begins...this is gonna be big..west tell moe she's rehired as the lady who moses picks to tell the people that he ain't givin them a refund,and tell her to get in shape cause there's a chase scene and i don't use stunt people....we'll get a golden turkey for this one!!

Arr&bee, Moe said to say she is already well in shape, thank you, and if she needs any parting of the waves, she has a hairdresser. So, you can choose between Moses, and what Moe says...

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Haaaaaaaaaaaa,cecil b. Was da man...i'm gonna make big movie like he did..as a matter of fact i'm working on my next big one called-the five refunds..it's sort of a sequel where when the people realize that they don't need all ten commandments they ask for a refund on half of em and moses says no and the real action begins...this is gonna be big..west tell moe she's rehired as the lady who moses picks to tell the people that he ain't givin them a refund,and tell her to get in shape cause there's a chase scene and i don't use stunt people....we'll get a golden turkey for this one!!
    Shouldn't that be a golden calf?

Oh no,i tried to use a golden calf in my last big one, and not only was the calf under aged and i was hauled before the cows union for the use of underaged calves, but they tried to use real gold and everybody knows i only use fools gold..darn underage calves.

WEST,TELL MISS MOE THAT THIS IS GONNA BE BIG I GOT WARDROBE FOLKS WORKING AS WE SPEAK,TELL HER TO GO DOWN TO DA HOOD AND ASK FOR PRINCESS WIGSWORN,SHE'S THE LADY THAT RUNS THE WIGS JOINT AND SHE'S GOT SOME OF THOSE PERIOD WIGS WORN BY THE STARS...[littlebits got her first one there]EVERYTHING IS ALL SETUP,GET BACK TO ME.

Well, I just phoned to tell her...but the reception was so poor, I think she was shouting.

I could only make out two words she said..and they were 'hell' and 'freezes'......

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...MISS MOE,STILL TEMPRAMENTAL AS EVER..TELL HER SHE WILL HAVE HER OWN DRESSING ROOM...THE VACATE LOT WITH THE TRIALER BEHIND THE LIQUOR STORE TELL HER TO IGNORE THE CONDEMED SIGN AND GO RIGHT IN, AND THE GUY FROM THE FUNERAL PARLOR IS GONNA RENT HER ONE OF THOSE BIG LIMOS AND DRIVE HER AROUND TOO...[of course she'll be charged for it]BUT A SMALL PRICE TO PAY FOR THE ROLE OF A LIFETIME...LIKE GLORIA,THIS WILL BE HER COMEBACK ROLE.

Unless an invitation is received to attend the Royal Variety Performance in London [[following Moe's audience with HM the Queen, it would not be unexpected), then Moe's next prestigious date will be at the Annual Academy Awards ceremony at the Dolby Theatre, Hollywood. Although she has received several nominations, you may consider that to be a good opportunity to discuss with her your offer of a comeback role.

Make sure you have some good security people with you.....

August 13th, and Birthday celebrations today for :

Fidel Castro :
    Cuban politician and revolutionary. Prime Minister of the Republic of Cuba 1959-1976, and then President 1976-2008.

Kevin Tighe :
    television, film and theatre actor. Notable for his role as firefighter-paramedic Roy DeSoto on NBC 'Emergency!', 1972-1977. Other TV roles include Ellery Queen, Cos, and The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. Genie Award for Best Supporting Actor, in the film 'I Love A Man In Uniform', 1994.

Remembering those born on this date, and who have now passed away :

Richard 'Pistol' Allen :
    drummer with The Funk Brothers at 'Hitsville USA'. His drum sounds can be heard on many Motown recordings, including Martha Reeves & The Vandellas : 'Heat Wave'; Diana Ross & The Supremes : 'Baby Love'; and Marvin Gaye: 'How Sweet It Is [[To Be Loved By You)'.

George Shearing :
    jazz pianist and composer of over 300 titles, with many best selling albums. Born in England, and became a naturalised citizen of the U.S. in 1956. Particularly remembered for his composition 'Lullaby Of Birdland', and his version of 'September In The Rain'. Performed for Presidents Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan. Appointed as an Officer of the Order of the British Empire [[OBE) in 1996, for services to music and to Anglo-United States relations. Knighted for services to music in 2007.

Alfred Hitchcock :
    English film director and producer, who became a U.S citizen in 1955. Directed over 50 feature films in a career spanning six decades. Academy Award nominations for Best Director, for 'Rebecca' [[1941), 'Lifeboat' [[1945), 'Spellbound' [[1946) 'Rear Window'[[1955), and 'Psycho' [[1961). Academy Award nominations for Best Picture, for 'Foreign Correspondent' [[1941), 'Suspicion' [[1942), 'Spellbound' [[1946) and winning for 'Rebecca' [[1941).

Happy Birthday to everyone celebrating today
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 08-14-2015 at 08:24 PM.

You are earning your retainer, westgrand!

Thank you Moe...and I would add that retaining my earnings is equally important.

A constant battle for all of us, methinks.....!

ARE YOU TWO STILL ON THAT[ACADEMY AWARDS]KICK??? OK I GET IT I GOT SECURITY JUST ONE ITTY BITTY TEENY TINY THING,HEHE..UMM WELL I KINDA SORTA GOT ASKED NOT TO EVER SHOW UP AT THE AWARDS AFTER A LITTLE MISUNDERSTANDING ABOUT A SCENE I WANTED TO SHOOT IN DA HOOD AWHILE BACK[who know that real bullets were being used]ANYHOW I'LL HAVE TO DRIVE ROUND IN BACK AND HAVE ONE OF MY CRIM...OPPS-ERR-AHEM-HEHE..CORPORATION MEMBERS SPEAK TO YOU AND MS.MOE...JUST THINK MOE,AND OSCAR AND A GOLDEN TURKEY IN THE SAME YEAR...YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY.

A bullet and bomb proof limousine has been placed on order, in the event that my client, Ms Moe Superstar, should ever be surprised by anyone associated with Mr Arr&bee Wannabe.

In the meantime, perhaps I could be enlightened as to the difference between 'The Golden Turkey Awards', and 'The Golden Raspberry Awards'?

I've just seen on the news that the US embassy has reopened in Cuba after a fifty year hiatus. Was the date chosen to tie in with Fidel Castro's birthday?

Who knows....and Fidel Castro is now in his 90th year. More likely, simply the diplomatic initiative begun by President Obama [[August 4th birthday) last year coming to fruition.

Trivial thought : perhaps cuban heels will come back into fashion? It's been a long time since I was that well-heeled....

August 14th, and among the many people celebrating birthdays today are :

Steve Martin :
    comedian, actor, musician, writer and producer. Honorary Academy Award, 2013. Emmy Award for 'The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour', 1969. Five Grammy Awards including Best Country Instrumental Performance for 'Foggy Mountain Breakdown' [[2002), and Best Bluegrass Album for 'The Crow : New Songs For The 5-String Banjo' [[2009). Winner of American Comedy Awards: Lifetime Achievement Award in Comedy, 2000. Golden Globe nominated for Best Actor : 'Pennies From Heaven' [[1981), 'All Of Me' [[1984), 'Roxanne' [[1987), 'Parenthood' [[1989) and 'Father Of The Bride Part II', [[1995)

Halle Berry :
    actress and former fashion model. Academy Award for Best Actress, for 'Monster's Ball', [[2002). Other notable films include 'Jungle Fever' [[1991), 'Boomerang' [[1992), 'Queen' [[TV mini-series, 1993), 'Introducing Dorothy Dandridge' [[1999 - Emmy and Golden Globe awards for Best Actress), and 'Die Another Day'[[2002).

Remembering someone born on this date, but who has since passed away :

James Horner :

composer, conductor and orchestrator of film scores. His score for 'Titanic' [[1997) is the biggest selling orchestral film soundtrack to date, selling over 27 million copies worldwide. Winner of two Academy Awards : Best Original Dramatic Score, and Best Original Song [['My Heart Will Go On'), for 'Titanic', [[1998). Oscar nominations also for 'Aliens' [[1986, 'An American Tail' [[1986), 'Field Of Dreams' [[1989), 'Braveheart' [[1995), 'Apollo 13' [[1995), 'A Beautiful Mind' [[2001), 'House of Sand And Fog' [[2003) and 'Avatar' [[2009).

If it's your birthday today, have a great day
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 08-15-2015 at 06:18 AM.

Pumps or slingbacks, westgrand?

For me, Moe, boots with a zip. Think 'Beatles'....

And for you....?

Either..........

WELL WEST MY FINE FELLOW, THE GOLDEN RASBERRYS ARE FOR FILMS MADE WITH REAL RASBERRYS IN A STARRING ROLE,I USE REAL PEOPLE AND I SHOOT ON A TIGHT BUDGET[I once made a classic for under a hundred dollars]OF COURSE THAT WAS BEFORE THE UNIONS STARTED STICKING THIER NOSES IN MY BUSINESS, OF COURSE I'M FAMOUS FOR NOT USING STUNTMEN THE PUBLIC WANTS TO SEE REAL FEAR IN THE EYES OF THE ACTORS AND I GIVE IT TO EM GOOD OLD FASHIONED REALISM, SEE THE GOLDEN TURKEYS ARE ABOUT REAL ACTION UNLIKE THAT PHONEY[ACADEMY AWARDS]MY ACTORS SHOW REAL EMOTION-PAIN-FEAR-BROKEN BODY PARTS,BUT THEY COME THROUGH LIKE TROOPERS...OF COURSE MS.MOE WOULD NEVER BE EXSPOSED TO ANY REAL DANGER,SHE'S TOO IMPORTANT TO RISK...[big duufus is there to catch her when she falls]AND I INSURE MY STARS[ten bucks for any bones broken]AND I HAVE A DOCTOR AND NURSE ON THE SET AT ALL TIMES...YES INDEED GOOD OL DR.QUACK AND HIS LIVEIN MAID -NURSE LULU THE BEST IN DA HOOD...[he hasn't lost a patient in 20minutes and counting]YES INDEED MY PICTURES ARE WELL COVERED, SO WHEN MS.MOE IS READY WE'RE WAITING FOR HER.

Don't hold your breath, R&B.............................
    EVERYTHING goes through my super agent/barrister Mr. Westgrand, ESQ

Well, at least Moe is responding to you, Arr&bee. It's small, to say the very least, but a start.....

GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU MOE, NOW IN THE FIRST SCENE AFTER YOU INFORM THE PEOPLE OF MOSES DECISION THEY CHASE YOU THROUGH THE DESERT...[I was gonna use a real desert, but one teeny tiny itty bitty problem-I told big duufus not to take all that sand]WELL THE DESERT FOLKS GOT KIND OF UPSET AND I'M KINDA SORTA BANNED FROM ANY DESERT IN THE WORLD, BUT DON'T WORRY I'M USING THE CITY DUMP AND ROCK QUARRY...[if anything tries to grab your ankles just keep running]THIS WILL BE GREAT REAL PARASITES COMING UP OTTA THE GROUND WHAT REALISM[you don't get this stuff on a phony backlot]IF YOU STUMP YOUR TOES DON'T WORRY THE DOCTOR HAS BANDAGES[I hope]MOE I KNOW YOU WILL ACE THIS PART HECK IT'S ONLY ABOUT TWO OR THREE MILES OF RUNNING MAYBE A COUPLE OF SMALL MOUNDS OF STUFF[ignore the smell]AND THAT'S JUST THE FIRST SCENE[exciting ain't it?]DON'T WORRY ABOUT TOO MUCH DIALOG[you'll be out of breath most of the film]WEST, YOU'LL BE A LEGEND WHEN MS.MOE SIGNS ON THE DOTTED LINE...WELL GOTTA RUN THE GUYS FROM THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT ARE LOOKING FOR ME...[one itty bitty teeny tiny little thing-I kinda sorta didn't exactly get the city's permission to film at the dump]MINOR STUFF WE'LL JUST FILM AT NIGHT....LEGENDS ARE MADE AT NIGHT!!!

Thank you, Arr&bee. We await your script, with carefully controlled interest......!

Ms Moe [[Superstar) has requested that she be given time to consider your offer.

The benefit of distance will assist an objective appraisal of what is being proposed.

Ms Moe [[Superstar) feels that an ideal distance would be, at minimum, one complete State........
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 08-16-2015 at 08:39 AM.

Happy Birthday today, August 15th, to :

Ben Affleck :

actor, film director, screenwriter and producer. Academy Award and Golden Globe award winner for Best Original Screenplay [[co-written with Matt Damon) for 'Good Will Hunting' [[1997). Golden Globe winner for Best Director, and Golden Globe and Academy Award winner for Best Picture, for 'Argo' [[2012)

HRH The Princess Anne, Princess Royal :

only daughter of HM Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh. Patron of over 200 charitable organisations, and fulfills approximately 500 royal engagements and public appearances each year. Participated in Great Britain's Equestrian team at Montreal, 1976, the first time a member of the British Royal family had competed in the Olympic Games. Survived an attempted murder and kidnapping attempt in Pall Mall, London, 1974. The first member of the Royal family to make an official visit to the Soviet Union

Rose Marie :
    actress. Known as 'Baby Rose Marie', when a child performer, subsequently 'The Darling Of The Airwaves', on becoming a radio comedian. Best known for her role as Sally Rogers in The Dick Van Dyke Show, 1961-1966. Co-starred, as Myrna Gibbons, in The Doris Day show, 1969-1971. A frequent panellist on 'Hollywood Squares'.

Remembering those born on this date, who have since passed away :

Oscar 'O.P.' Peterson :

Canadian jazz pianist and composer. Over 200 recordings. Seven Grammy Awards for Best Jazz Performance, and further Lifetime Achievement Grammy Award, 1997. Conferee of sixteen Honorary Degrees.

Julia Child :
    chef, author and television personality. Many appearances, most notably for TV series 'The French Chef' 1963-1973, following publication in 1961 of her book 'Mastering The Art Of French Cooking'. Three Emmy awards, and a further five Emmy nominations.

Napoleon Bonaparte :
    French military and political leader who rose to prominence during the French revolution, and its associated wars. As Napoleon I, was Emperor of France 1804-1814, and also in 1815. Responsible for spreading the values of the French Revolution to other countries, especially in legal reform and the abolition of serfdom.

Happy Birthday, to anyone who is celebrating their birthday today
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 08-16-2015 at 08:33 AM.

Happy Birthday greetings today, August 16th, go to :

Madonna :
    singer, songwriter, actress and businesswoman. Reported to have sold over 300 million records, with 38 top ten singles on U.S. top 100. Golden Globe winner for Best Actress, 'Evita', [[1997). Golden Globe winner for Best Original Song: 'Masterpiece', for film 'W.E.' [[2011). Grammy Award winner for Best Long Form Music Video, for 'Blond Ambition World Tour Live'[[1992); Best Pop Album, Best Dance Recording, Best Short Form Music Video, all for 'Ray Of Light' [[1999). Grammy Award winner for Best Song, 'Beautiful Stranger' [[2000), Best Electronic /Dance Album 'Confessions on a Dance Floor' [[2007), Best Long Form Music Video, 'The Confessions Tour' [[2008). Recording Industry Association of America, top selling female rock artist of the 20th century [[1999).

James Cameron :
    Canadian film maker, inventor, engineer, philanthropist and deep-sea explorer. Academy Award winner for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Film Editing, 'Titanic' [[1997) - and also Golden Globe winner for Best Motion Picture and Best Director, both for 'Titanic', and 'Avatar' [[2009). Other notable productions are The Terminator [[1984 )and sequel Terminator 2 : Judgment Day [[1991), Aliens [[1986), and The Abyss [[1989).

Angela Bassett :
    actress and film director. Academy Award nominated for Best Actress, and Golden Globe Award winner for Best Actress, 'What's Love Got To With It' [[1994). Other notable work includes 'The Rosa Parks Story' [[2002), 'ER' [[2009) and 'Betty And Coretta' [[2014).

Timothy Hutton :
    actor and director. Youngest actor to win Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, 'Ordinary People' [[1980), also winning Golden Globe for the same category. Other notable work includes 'A Long Way Home' and 'Taps' [[both 1981), 'The Dark Half ' [[1993), 'Leverage' [[2008-2012) and 'American Crime' [[2015).

Julie Newmar :
    actress, dancer and singer. Best known for playing Catwoman in 1960s TV series 'Batman'.
    Tony Award winner for Best Featured Actress In a Play, ' The Marriage-Go-Round' [[1958). Notable work in films includes 'The Band Wagon' [[1953), 'Seven Brides For Seven Brothers' [[1954), and 'To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything! Julie Newmar' [[1995). Golden Globe nominated for TV series 'My Living Doll' [[1964-1965), and also appeared on many popular shows. Stage work includes 'Silk Stockings' [[1955), 'Ziegfeld Follies' [[1956), 'Damn Yankees' [[1961 & 1965) and 'Irma La Douce', [[1964).

Remembering those born on this date, and who have since passed away :

Eydie Gorme :
    singer. Wife of singer and actor Steve Lawrence. A Top 10 hit in 1963, with 'Blame It On The Bossa Nova', and also Top 30 hit with 'I Want To Stay Here', with Steve Lawrence. Grammy Award winner for Best Female Vocal Performance : 'If He Walked Into My Life' [[1967) and, with Steve Lawrence, for their album 'We Got Us'. Emmy Award winner for 'Steve And Eydie Celebrate Irving Berlin' [[1978).

Fess Parker :
    film and television actor. Best known for his role as Davy Crockett in Disney TV mini-series 1954-1955, and the Daniel Boone TV series, 1964-1970.

Happy Birthday to anyone who is celebrating today
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 08-17-2015 at 07:31 PM.

More good stuff west,have you ever noticed how much fess parker resembled clint walker?

I've posted only the names at the minute, just to remind myself to add details as soon as I can.

I'll take a closer look later, and let you know what I think.....