[REMOVE ADS]

Page 11 of 780 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    r&b, i was driving today but was passed by a car that had "lil bit" on the rear window. Why didn't you tell me lil bit was running loose in northeast ohio?
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....no you don't listen,i tried to warn you and your superagent[westgrand esq.]about the snub of[madame teapot]she's keeping an evil eye on you two.

Wink

Methinks Madame Teapot's lid must have such a very large crack in it, that a woollen 'cosy' cannot quite conceal it [[now I bet even Smokey Robinson couldn't make a successful song out of that...)

Arr&bee .......if you have any favourite R&B singers or singers that you would like me to research, so that they receive a mention right here on their birthdays, then let me have a list of them.....or just whenever their names come into your mind....and I will do my best to include them....

That, of course, also goes for you, Moe, if you have any favourites of your own. That should 'go without saying' really, but I'm just saying, anyway.....
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-22-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Wow! Madame Teapot really took her lumps!

October 23rd : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Dianne Reeves :
    Detroit born jazz singer, winner of five Grammy Awards.

Barbara Ann Hawkins :
    R&B/pop singer, best known as an original member of The Dixie Cups.

Ernie Watts :
    jazz and R&B musician, playing saxophone [[tenor, alto and soprano) and flute.

Ryan Reynolds
    :
    television and stage actor.

Pele:

Edson Arantes do Nascimento; retired professional Brazilian footballer.

Ang Lee :
    Taiwanese born American film director, screenwriter and producer.

Martin Luther King III :
    human rights advocate and community activist.

Robert Trujillo :

musician, best known as bass guitarist of Metallica.

Dwight Yoakam :
    singer-songwriter, actor and film director.

Remembering : those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Charlie Foxx [[1939-1998) :
    R&B/soul singer and guitarist; best known as half of duo act Charlie and Inez Foxx.

Johnny Carson [[1925-2005) :
    television host, comedian, writer,producer, actor and musician.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 23rd
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-23-2015 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks west,you cover everybody,but if i think of anyone i'll let you know.

I'm hoping to give more attention to the Motown, R&B,and soul artists, because that's what brings us here....

Hey moe,if[littlebits]is still following you,just leave a platter of porkchops on your porch and she'll go away.

I'll do that, R&B

If you do, then very quickly lock and bolt your door, Moe. She'll be back for more.

I know people are interested in wildlife, but this sounds ridiculous.....

October 24th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Our very own SDF member, Moe.

Happy Birthday, Moe! Have a great day, and maybe make it a Birthday Weekend

Norma Barbee :
    Norma Barbee Fairhurst; soul/R&B singer. Co-founding member of The Velvelettes, and cousin of group member Bertha Barbee McNeal.

Bettye Swann :
    Betty Barton, born Betty Jean Champion; R&B singer. Best known for her 1967 hit, 'Make Me Yours'. Other notable recordings include 'Don't Touch Me', 'Victim Of A Foolish Heart' and 'Today I Started Loving You Again'.

Monica :
    Monica Denise Brown, R&B singer, producer and actress. Notable recordings include 'Don't Take It Personal [[Just One Of Dem Days)', 'The Boy Is Mine' [[with Brandy; Grammy Award for Best Performance by a Duo or Group with vocals), 'The First Night' and 'Angel Of Mine'.

Wayne Rooney :
    English professional footballer. Plays for, and captains, Manchester United, and also the England national team. England Player of the Year award in 2008, 2009 and 2014. England's all time record goalscorer and joint fifth most-capped player.

BD Wong :
    Bradley Darryl 'B.D.' Wong; stage, television and film actor. Tony Award for performance as Song Liling in 'M. Butterfly'. Played Dr Henry Wu in 'Jurassic Park' and 'Jurassic World'.

Kevin Kline :
    film and stage actor, comedian, singer and voice artist. Tony Awards for Best Featured Actor in a Musical , 'On The Twentieth Century' [[1978), and also for Best Actor in a Musical, 'The Pirates of Penzance' [[1981). Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, 'A Fish Called Wanda'.

Eric Choi :

Detroit born drummer, member of We Came As Romans.

Caprice Bourret :
    businesswoman, model, actress and television personality. Lives in London, running her company 'By Caprice Lingerie Ltd'. Designs, markets and models lingerie, swimwear and sleepwear. UK #24 chart hits for both 'Oh Yeah' and 'Once Around The Sun'.

Bill Wyman :
    William George Perks, Jr., English musician, record producer, songwriter and singer. Best known as bass guitarist with The Rolling Stones, and with Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings.

Brenda Payton [[1945-1992) :

R&B singer, lead vocalist of The Tabulations. Best remembered for 'Dry Your Eyes' [[1967) and 'Right On The Tip Of My Tongue' [[1971).

The Big Bopper [[1930-1959) :
    Jiles Perry 'J.P.' Richardson Jr., musician, songwriter and disc jockey. Best known for 'Chantilly Lace', [[1958).

David Nelson [[1936-2011) :
    actor, director and producer.

Bob Kane [[1915-1998) :
    Robert Kahn; comic book artist, credited with creating DC Comics superhero Batman.

Main Bocher [[1890-1976) :
    Main Rousseau Bocher, also known as Mainbocher; fashion designer and couturier.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 24th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-24-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    if you do, then very quickly lock and bolt your door, moe. She'll be back for more.

I know people are interested in wildlife, but this sounds ridiculous.....
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .....west,when i open my comedy club in da hood you got a job for life.

Thank you my very best super agent westgrand!

My esteemed client, Ms Moe [[Superstar), is always welcome.

October 25th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Speech :
    Todd Thomas; rapper and musician.

Ciara :
    Ciara Princess Harris; singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer, actress and fashion model.

Katy Perry :
    Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson; singer, songwriter and actress.

Chad Smith :
    Chadwick Gaylord Smith; musician and current drummer with Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Marion Ross :
    stage, television and film actress.

Jon Anderson :
    English singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist musician. Notable as the former lead vocalist with Yes, in addition to a successful solo career.

Helen Reddy :
    Australian singer, actress and activist.

Remembering :
    those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Bert Reid [[1956-2004):
    R&B singer, saxophonist, songwriter and producer. Best remembered for work with Crown Heights Affair.

Pablo Picasso [[1881-1973) :
    Spanish painter, sculptor, print maker, ceramicist, stage designer, poet and playwright.

Jeanne Cooper [[1928-2013) :
    Wilma Jeanne Cooper; television and film actress.

Minnie Pearl [[1912-1996) :
    Sarah Ophelia Colley Cannon; country comedian.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 25th

MS.MOE[SUPERSTAR],SUPER AGENT-WESTGRAND[ESQ.]YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUIRED AT THE OPENING OF MADAME TEAPOT'S NEW TEAHOUSE COMING SOON...[as soon as an official can be bribed-opps-err-ahem-hehe]CAN BE BRIEFED,SHE'S SAVING A SPECIAL PLACE FOR YOU TWO ALL IS FORGIVEN...SHE HAS A SPECIAL CONCOCTION BREWING ON THE SECRET TEAPOT,UMMMM YUMMEE!!

October 26th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Bootsy Collins :

William Earl 'Bootsy' Collins; musician and singer-songwriter. Rose to prominence with James Brown as one of The J.B.'s, and later with Parliament-Funkadelic.

Eddie Henderson :

jazz trumpet and flugelhorn player.

David Was :
    David Weiss; Detroit born musician and composer with Was [[Not Was).

Hillary Clinton :
    Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton; politician, served as 67th United States Secretary of State, 2009-2013. First Lady of The United States, as wife of Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States, 1993-2001.

Jaclyn Smith :
    television and film actress, and businesswoman; best known as Kelly Garrett in 'Charlie's Angels'.

Cary Elwes :
    English actor, screenwriter, producer and author.

Rita Wilson :
    Margarita Ibrahimoff; stage, television and film actress, singer and producer.

Remembering : those who were also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Mahalia Jackson [[1911-1972) :
    born Mahala 'Halie' Jackson; gospel singer and civil rights activist; referred to as 'The Queen Of Gospel'.

Bob Hoskins [[1942-2014) :

English television and stage actor, and director.

Jackie Coogan
    [[1914-1984) :
    John Leslie 'Jackie' Coogan; silent film child actor, later television and film actor.

Happy Birthday : to everyone who is celebrating Birthdays on October 26th

Arr&bee, please thank Madame Teapot for the invitation to visit the new Teahouse.

I will need to confer with Ms Moe [[Superstar). Even though she has, with consummate ease, already taken tea and engaged in convivial conversation with HM, Ms Moe may need to draw on all her international expertise in diplomacy, if she is to carefully consider the correct apparel required whenever one is to be introduced to a teapot.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-26-2015 at 02:51 PM.

October 27th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Kelly Osbourne :
    English singer-songwriter,actress, television presenter and fashion designer.

Simon Le Bon :
    English musician, best known as lead singer, lyricist and musician of Duran Duran and its offshoot, Arcadia.

John Cleese :
    English actor, comedian, writer and film producer.

Vanessa-Mae :
    Singapore born British violinist.

Remembering : those who were also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Weldon Irvine Jr.
    [[1943-2002) :
    composer, playwright, poet, pianist and organist.

Ruby Dee
    [[1922-2014) :
    actress, poet, playwright, screenwriter, journalist and activist.

Leif Erickson
    [[1911-1986) :
    stage, film and television actor.

Dylan Thomas
    [[1914-1953) :
    Welsh poet and writer.

Sylvia Plath
    [[1932-1963) :
    poet, novelist and short-story writer.

Theodore Roosevelt
    [[1858-1919) :
    statesman, author, explorer, soldier, naturalist and reformer. Served as 26th President of the United States, 1901-1909.

Captain James Cook
    [[1728-1779) :
    English explorer, navigator, cartographer and captain in the Royal Navy.

Happy Birthday:
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 27th

Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-28-2015 at 08:29 AM.

DON'T WORRY WEST,JUST WEAR YOUR BOWLER AND A TUX,MS.MOE[SUPERSTAR]CAN WEAR HER MOST FABULOUS EVENING GOWN AND FAKE JEWELRY...[this is da hood and madame is not responsible for all and any crimes that may and might occur]BUT BIG DUUFUSS IS WATCHING THE DOOR SO DON'T WORRY.

I'm worried.

West,please remind ms.moe[superstar]that she does have[two]fans left in da hood and duufuss is president or accident of her fanclub,so she has nothing to worry about.

She's worried.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa...you two are about to become the[george burns&gracy allen]of sdf,haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

We're worried.

Midnight Johnny's Annual Birthday Show is tonight.

Westgrand, sit & have some tea. We'll worry together!

144man, what's the birthday show?

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    October 24th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Our very own SDF member, Moe.

Happy Birthday, Moe! Have a great day, and maybe make it a Birthday Weekend

Norma Barbee :
    Norma Barbee Fairhurst; soul/R&B singer. Co-founding member of The Velvelettes, and cousin of group member Bertha Barbee McNeal.

Bettye Swann :
    Betty Barton, born Betty Jean Champion; R&B singer. Best known for her 1967 hit, 'Make Me Yours'. Other notable recordings include 'Don't Touch Me', 'Victim Of A Foolish Heart' and 'Today I Started Loving You Again'.

Monica :
    Monica Denise Brown, R&B singer, producer and actress. Notable recordings include 'Don't Take It Personal [[Just One Of Dem Days)', 'The Boy Is Mine' [[with Brandy; Grammy Award for Best Performance by a Duo or Group with vocals), 'The First Night' and 'Angel Of Mine'.

Wayne Rooney :
    English professional footballer. Plays for, and captains, Manchester United, and also the England national team. England Player of the Year award in 2008, 2009 and 2014. England's all time record goalscorer and joint fifth most-capped player.

BD Wong :
    Bradley Darryl 'B.D.' Wong; stage, television and film actor. Tony Award for performance as Song Liling in 'M. Butterfly'. Played Dr Henry Wu in 'Jurassic Park' and 'Jurassic World'.

Kevin Kline :
    film and stage actor, comedian, singer and voice artist. Tony Awards for Best Featured Actor in a Musical , 'On The Twentieth Century' [[1978), and also for Best Actor in a Musical, 'The Pirates of Penzance' [[1981). Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, 'A Fish Called Wanda'.

Eric Choi :

Detroit born drummer, member of We Came As Romans.

Caprice Bourret :
    businesswoman, model, actress and television personality. Lives in London, running her company 'By Caprice Lingerie Ltd'. Designs, markets and models lingerie, swimwear and sleepwear. UK #24 chart hits for both 'Oh Yeah' and 'Once Around The Sun'.

Bill Wyman :
    William George Perks, Jr., English musician, record producer, songwriter and singer. Best known as bass guitarist with The Rolling Stones, and with Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings.

Brenda Payton [[1945-1992) :

R&B singer, lead vocalist of The Tabulations. Best remembered for 'Dry Your Eyes' [[1967) and 'Right On The Tip Of My Tongue' [[1971).

The Big Bopper [[1930-1959) :
    Jiles Perry 'J.P.' Richardson Jr., musician, songwriter and disc jockey. Best known for 'Chantilly Lace', [[1958).

David Nelson [[1936-2011) :
    actor, director and producer.

Bob Kane [[1915-1998) :
    Robert Kahn; comic book artist, credited with creating DC Comics superhero Batman.

Main Bocher [[1890-1976) :
    Main Rousseau Bocher, also known as Mainbocher; fashion designer and couturier.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 24th
    October 24th, my brother Robert!

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Westgrand, sit & have some tea. We'll worry together!

144man, what's the birthday show?
    It's being broadcast now. Midnight Johnny has a special show every year to celebrate his birthday. This year he's repeating an interview with Claudette Robinson. There's a thread about it in the Motown Forum.

October 28th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Telma Hopkins :
    singer and actress.

Julia Roberts :
    film and television actress, and producer.

Bill Gates :
    business magnate, philanthropist, investor, computer programmer and inventor.

Matt Smith :
    English actor and director.

Caitlyn Jenner :
    television personality and retired athletic champion.

Cleo Laine :
    English jazz and pop singer, and actress.

Joaquin Phoenix :

actor, producer, video director, musician and activist.

Annie Potts :
    stage, television and film actress.

Charlie Daniels :

musician, singer and songwriter.

Remembering :

David Van De Pitte
    [[1941-2009) :
    music arranger and bass player.

Elsa Lanchester : [[1902-1986) :
    English stage, television and film actress.

Jonas Salk
    [[1914-1995) :
    medical researcher and virologist.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 28th

You two[worry]too much,relax and sip some of this mysterious tea that madame teapot has sent over by special homing buzzard just for you!!

Thank you, Arr&bee. We'll boil some water, add the tea and let it infuse for a few minutes, before we try it out on the house plants.

Ohh, our poor house plants!

Yes Moe, especially as they're plastic......

UMM,I WOULD HOLD OFF ON POURING THAT TEA OVER PLANTS,PLASTIC OR REAL,YOU SEE NOBODY IN THE WORLD HAS BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT'S IN THOSE TEA BAGS...[scientist are stumped]...[science scientist-social scientist-religious scientist-mad scientist-food scientist]NONE HAVE COME CLOSE TO HAVING A GLUE,THEY POURED SOME TEA ONTO A TINY PLANT,AND TWO HOURS LATER THAT PLANT WAS A THOUSAND FOOT TALL REDWOOD WITH FLAMING BRANCHES,AND THEY HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO KILL IT,SO BEWARE.

I think we're talking Evolution on fast forward, here.

October 29th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Randy Jackson :

Steven Randall Jackson; singer and musician, best known as a member of The Jacksons.

King Errisson :
    musician, playing percussion, congas and tambourine. Session musician in Los Angeles for Motown.

Melba Moore :
    Beatrice Melba Hill; singer, actress and entertainer.

Toby Smith :

Toby Grafftey-Smith; musician, best known as keyboardist and co-songwriter for Jamiroquai 1992-2002, latterly music producer and manager for The Hoosiers.

Winona Ryder:

Winona Laura Horowitz; television and film actress.

Tracee Ellis Ross :
    actress, model, comedian, producer and television host.

Kate Jackson :
    television and film actress, director and producer, best known for her role as Sabrina Duncan in TV series 'Charlie's Angels'.

Richard Dreyfuss :
    stage, television and film actor.

Dan Castellaneta :

actor, voice actor, comedian and screenwriter.

Remembering :
    those who were also born on this date, but have since passed away :

Eugene 'Bird' Daughtry
    [[1939-1994) :
    soul singer; best remembered as a member of The Intruders.

Fanny Brice [[1891-1951) :
    illustrated song model, comedian, singer, stage and film actress.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 29th

WGB....

Eddie Holland's birthday is on October 29th

October 30th : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Eddie Holland :
    [[while almost all references state October 30th as the date of birth for Eddie Holland, October 29th has also been quoted)
    Detroit born R&B/soul singer, songwriter and record producer.

Otis Williams :
    Otis Miles, Jr., R&B/soul singer, best known as a co-founder and last surviving member of the original Temptations.

Grace Slick :

singer, songwriter, artist and former model. Best known as lead singer of The Great Society, Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, and Starship.

Tom Browne :
    jazz trumpeter, best known for work with Sonny Fortune. R&B chart hits with 'Funkin' For Jamaica [[N.Y.)' and 'Thighs High [[Grip Your Hips And Move)'.

Diego Maradona :
    Diego Armando Maradona Franco; retired Argentine professional footballer.

Henry Winkler :

actor, director, comedian, producer and author. Best known for his role as Arthur Fonzarelli [['The Fonz' or 'Fonzie') in the 1970s TV sitcom, 'Happy Days'.

Harry Hamlin :
    film and television actor, best known for roles as Perseus in 'Clash of the Titans' [[1981), and as Michael Kuzak in the legal drama series 'L.A.Law'.

Remembering :

Clifford Brown [[1930-1956) :
    Clifford 'Brownie' Brown; jazz trumpeter. Worked with Art Blakey, Dinah Washington, Sarah Vaughan, Sonny Rollins, Lionel Hampton and Max Roach. Composer of 'Joy Spring' and 'Daahoud'.

John Adams
    [[1735-1826) :
    lawyer,author, statesman and diplomat. Served as the second President of the United States [[1797-1801), the first Vice-President [[1789-1797) and was one of the Founding Fathers.

Ezra Pound
    [[1885-1972) :
    poet and critic, who was a major figure in the early modernist movement. Best known works include 'Ripostes' [[1912), 'Hugh Selwyn Mauberley' [[1920) and the unfinished 'The Cantos' [[1917-1969).

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 30th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-30-2015 at 01:56 PM.

October 31st : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Christophe, the partner of our very own SDF member, theboyfromxtown.

Happy Birthday, Christophe! Hope you both very much enjoy the day, and make plenty of time for 'cafe et croissants, alors que vous etes ensemble en France' !

Dooley Silverspoon :
    disco soul singer; originally known as 'Little Dooley', best remembered recordings include [['It's Got To Be) Now Or Never', 'Bump Me Baby' 'Let Me Be The No. 1 [[Love In Your Life)', a #44 UK hit.

Vanilla Ice :
    Robert Matthew Van Winkle; rapper, actor and television host.

Smokie Norful :
    Willie Ray Norful Jr., gospel singer and pianist.

Dan Rather :
    journalist and the former news anchor for CBS Evening News. Currently managing editor and anchor of TV news programme, 'Dan Rather Reports'.

Remembering :

Bernard Edwards
    [[1952-1996) :
    bass player, singer, songwriter and record producer, both on his own projects, and with Chic.

Illinois Jacquet
    [[1922-2004 ) :
    Jean-Baptiste lllinois Jacquet; jazz tenor saxophonist. Best known for sax solo on 'Flying Home' [[Lionel Hampton and his Orchestra, 1942), widely regarded as the first R&B saxophone solo. Also played alto saxophone and bassoon.

John Candy
    [[1950-1994 ) :
    Canadian-born television and film actor and comedian. Notable film appearances include 'Spaceballs', 'Only The Lonely', 'JFK' and 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles'.

Michael Landon [[1936-1991) :
    Eugene Maurice Orowitz; television and film actor, writer, director and producer. Best remembered for roles as Little Joe Cartwright in 'Bonanza' [[1959-1973), Charles Ingalls in 'Little House On The Prairie' [[1974-1983) and Jonathan Swift in 'Stairway to Heaven',[[1984-1989).

Dale Evans [[1912-2001) :
    At birth, named Lucille Wood Smith, then renamed Frances Octavia Smith. Writer, film star and singer-songwriter. Wife of Roy Rogers, and starred with him in 'San Fernando Valley' [[1944), 'Don't Fence Me In' [[1945), 'Along The Navajo Trail' [[1945) and 'The Golden Stallion' [[1949).

Christopher Columbus
    [[1451-1506) :
    Cristoforo Colombo; Italian explorer, navigator, coloniser and citizen of the Republic of Genoa. Completed four voyages across the Atlantic Ocean, initiating Spanish colonisation of the New World.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 31st
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-31-2015 at 07:27 PM.

Trick or Treat!!

Since it's you, Moe - Treat!

Keep a close eye on the window by your front door - and that door must be kept firmly locked and bolted.

Arr&bee knows some very dubious characters.

Birds of a feather, etc.

You know just what I'm talking about....

Ohhhhhh yes westgrand!!!

No masks or horror make-up needed there.....

November 1st : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Andre Williams :
    Zephire Andre Williams; R&B musician, singer and songwriter. Moved from Alabama to Detroit in his teen years. Became lead singer with The 5 Dollars, of Fortune Records. Often billed as 'Andre Williams and the Don Juans', or 'Andre 'Mr Rhythm' Williams and his New Group'. Notable solo recordings were 'Bacon Fat'[[ R&B chart # 9), 'Jail Bait' and 'Cadillac Jack' [[R&B chart # 46).

Carmen Lundy :
    jazz singer, composer, arranger, songwriter, actress and painter.

Phil Terry :
    soul singer; co-founding member of The Intruders.

Ronald Bell :
    also known as Khalis Bayyan; saxophonist, composer, songwriter, arranger, producer and singer. Co-founding member of Kool & The Gang, with brother Robert 'Kool' Bell [[Muhammad Bayyan)

David Foster :
    Canadian musician, record producer, composer, songwriter and arranger.

LaTavia Roberson :
    R&B/soul singer, songwriter and actress. Founding member of Destiny's Child.

Anthony Kiedis :
    singer-songwriter and musician. Best known as lead vocalist and co-songwriter with the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Rick Allen :
    English drummer; known as 'The Thunder God'. Best known as a member of Def Leppard.

Toni Collette :
    Australian stage, television and film actress, and musician. Lead singer of Toni Collette & The Finish.

Belita Moreno :
    Aurabela 'Belita' Moreno; stage, television and film actress. Best known as Benita 'Benny' Lopez on ABC sitcom 'George Lopez', and as Edwina Twinkacetti/Lydia Markham on 'Perfect Strangers'.

Lyle Lovett :
    country singer-songwriter and actor.

Gary Player :
    South African professional golfer, golf course architect, and author.

Bill Anderson :
    country music singer, songwriter and television personality.

Brian Courtney Wilson :
    gospel and contemporary Christian music singer

Remembering :

Marcia Wallace [[1942-2013 ) :
    stage, film and television actress, voice artist, comedian and game show panellist. Best known for her roles as Carol Kester on 1970s sitcom 'The Bob Newhart Show', and the voice of Edna Krabappel on 'The Simpsons' [[Emmy Award, 1992).

Alfred Wegener
    [[1880-1930) :
    German polar researcher, geophysicist and meteorologist. Originator of the theory of Continental Drift.

Hannah Hoch
    [[1889-1978) :
    German Dada artist. Best known for her work of the Weimar period, when she was one of the originators of photomontage.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on November 1st
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 11-01-2015 at 07:09 PM.

November 2nd : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Maxine Nightingale :
    British R&B and soul singer. Best known for 'Right Back Where We Started From', 'Love Hit Me' and 'Lead Me On'.

J. D. Souther :

John David Souther; musician, singer-songwriter and actor.

Nelly :
    Cornell Iral Haynes Jr; rapper, singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, investor and occasional actor.

David Schwimmer :

stage, television and film actor, producer, director and comedian.

Stefanie Powers :
    Stefanie Zofya Paul; stage, television and film actress. Best known for her role as Jennifer Hart in 1980s television series 'Hart To Hart'.

Earl 'Speedoo' Carroll
    [[1937-2012) :
    singer, originally lead vocalist of The Carnations, which then became The Cadillacs. Notable recordings include 'Speedoo', 'Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer', 'Peek-A-Boo' and 'What You Bet'.

Burt Lancaster [[1913-1994) :
    Burton Steven Lancaster; stage, television and film actor, director, and producer. Began career as a circus performer. Academy Award winner for Best Actor, 'Elmer Gantry', 1960.

Warren G. Harding [[1865-1923) :
    Warren Gamaliel Harding; newspaper editor, and 29th President of the United States.

Daniel Boone
    [[1734-1820) :
    pioneer, explorer, woodsman, and frontiersman. Most famous for his exploration and settlement of Kentucky, land which was previously part of Virginia.

Marie Antoinette [[1755-1793) :
    Maria Antonia Josepha Johanna; born an Archduchess of Austria. Dauphine of France, [[1770-1774) and Queen of France and Navarre, 1774-1792, as wife of King Louis XVI.

James K. Polk [[1795-1849) :
    James Knox Polk; lawyer and planter. 11th President of the United States, 1845-1849.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on November 2nd
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 11-02-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Sad news....big duufuss went treat or treating and discovered that the state had moved to another continent!!!

Sad to suddenly find oneself incontinent....

November 3rd : if this is your birth date, then you share it with :

Mable John :
    blues singer. The first female singer signed to Berry Gordy's Tamla label. Notable Tamla recordings include 'Who Wouldn't Love A Man Like That?', '[[I Guess There's) No Love' and 'Actions Speak Louder Than Words'. Worked with Ray Charles as a member of The Raelettes. Also signed to Stax Records. Notable recordings include 'Your Good Thing Is About To End' [[R&B chart # 6).

Lulu :
    Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie; Scottish singer, actress and television personality. Notable recordings include her cover of the Isley Brothers' 'Shout', Boom-Bang-A-Bang', 'The Man With The Golden Gun' and 'To Sir With Love'.

Brian Poole :
    singer, guitarist and performer. Lead vocalist of Brian Poole & The Tremeloes, 1957-1967. Notable recordings include covers of the Isley Brothers' 'Twist And Shout' and The Contours' 'Do You Love Me', also 'Candy Man' and 'Someone, Someone'.

Dolph Lundgren :
    Hans Lundgren; Swedish actor, director, screenwriter, film producer, martial artist and chemical engineer. Appeared in 'A View To A Kill', 'Rocky IV', 'Masters Of The Universe', 'Universal Soldier' and 'The Expendables'.

Roseanne Barr :
    actress, comedian, writer, television producer and director. Emmy and Golden Globe awards for sitcom 'Roseanne', 1988-1997.

Anna Wintour :
    English editor-in-chief of Vogue magazine since 1988. Currently artistic director for Conde Nast, publisher of Vogue.

Adam Ant :
    Stuart Leslie Goddard; English musician and actor, best known as lead singer of Adam & The Ants, also as a solo artist. Notable recordings include 'Stand And Deliver', 'Prince Charming' and 'Goody Two Shoes'.

Jim Cummings :
    voice actor and singer. The current voice of Winnie The Pooh, also Tigger; and other work includes 'The Lion King', 'Aladdin', 'Antz', 'Shrek' and 'The Princess and The Frog'.

Lois Smith :
    Lois Arlene Humbert; stage, television and film actress. Tony award nominations for 'The Grapes Of Wrath' and 'Buried Child'. Television work includes 'Desperate Housewives'. Film work includes 'East Of Eden', 'Fatal Attraction, 'Fried Green Tomatoes' and 'Dead Man Walking'.

Remembering :

Joe Turner [[1907-1990) :
    jazz pianist. Known for stride piano style, associated with Harlem, New York City. Played with Louis Armstrong and Benny Carter. Lived and performed in Paris from 1962 until the end of his life.

Billy Mitchell [[1926-2001) :
    jazz tenor saxophonist. Moved from Kansas with his family to Detroit at an early age. Associated with fellow Detroit musician, trumpeter Thad Jones. Played with Woody Herman, Milt Jackson, Dizzy Gillespie and Count Basie. Served for a time as musical director for Stevie Wonder.

Charles Bronson
    [[1921-2003) :
    Charles Dennis Buchinsky; film and television actor. Notable performances in 'The Magnificent Seven', 'The Dirty Dozen', 'The Great Escape' and the 'Death Wish' series.

Stephen Austin
    [[1793-1836) :
    Virginian born, and Missouri raised empresario; known as the Father of Texas. Led the second and ultimate successful colonisation of Texas with the introduction of 300 families. The Republic of Texas was created by a new constitution on March 2nd, 1836. Both Austin, capital of Texas, and Austin County are named in his honour.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on November 3rd
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 11-04-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Geez westgrand, maybe he needs some Depends.

Quickly responding to a bad situation would be beneficial, too, Moe.