[REMOVE ADS]

Page 7 of 780 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 17 57 107 507 ... LastLast
    Hey west,didn't hudson's men turn on him?

Yes, they did. The crew of 'Discovery' mutinied, and set Henry Hudson, his son John and seven crewmen adrift in an open boat in Hudson Bay. They were never seen again. The ringleaders of the mutiny did not survive the return trip to England.

[[PS. It is rumoured that ancestors of Greasy Grady were among the crew of 'Discovery'. If the food didn't kill you, the travelling conditions would......)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-the ancestors of greasy grady,west you on a roll today brother keep em comin,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

On their return, they used their New Found [[Land) skills and opened up a chain of eateries in Ye Olde England.

Shortly afterwards, they were jointly charged with spreading plague, pestilence and disease across the land.

They invited all their critics and the judge to a free meal. Not one of those people was ever seen alive again.

The very next day, to be free from persecution, Greasy Grady's ancestors set sail once more...and guess where they landed.....

Yep i remember reading about an early settlement in virginia,more than likely greasy's first stop,he opened his first eatery and the colony was never found to this day,but there were footprints leading out of the settlement,hmmmm???

And they say Bigfoot does not exist....

He's on a commercial..........THAT'S PROOF!!

Then definitely, if you say so....but could it still be a man [[or a woman of rather large build...), in a gorilla suit.....?

I think that greasy's next stop was[salem]because the food was so bad,his waitresses were called witches and burned at the steak...meanwhile gready was nowhere to be found.

When it came to being burned at the steak, he made himself rare.....

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Happy b-day marv,'m sending you a case of the special brew made over 500yrs ago from great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great...[he was great]grandpappy,who was something of a hooch master..one teeny tiny itty bitty little thing,back in those days they didn't have the refindments that i have today so before you open the jug you might want to...turn off the gas for oh say five hundred miles in all directions-notify the national park service to clear all animals from the area[one thousand miles]should do it,oh and perchase a good gas mask,bottoms up!!
    Thanks JAI , but you better hurry. My brother has already dropped a fifth of JD on me! LOL!!!!

GOOD MARV,IT CAN SERVE AS A STOMACH LINER FOR WHAT'S COMIN,HEHEHEHEHEHEHE....PS.-of course we are not responsible for any and all hallucinations that might and mostly likely will occur!!!!

Well done, westgrand!

That's just how I like my steak, Moe, but I understand others do prefer it cooked so they can still hear it moo....

Rare as I am...........

Rare you may certainly be, and with a taste for rare.....but I would never let anyone think that my client Ms Moe [[Superstar) belongs in a herd....

September 13th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Happy Birthday to our own TheLastSupreme. Have a great day, Susaye!

Susaye Greene :
    singer and songwriter ; body of work includes singing with Ray Charles as a member of The Raelettes; singing with Stevie Wonder as a member of Wonderlove; guest vocalist on New Birth's 'Until It's Time For You To Go', and becoming the last official member of The Supremes, 1976-1977.

Joni Sledge :
    singer, best known as member of Sister Sledge

Stella McCartney :
    English fashion designer, daughter of Sir Paul McCartney and the late Linda McCartney.

David Clayton-Thomas :
    David Henry Thomsett; Canadian musician, singer and songwriter, best known as lead singer of Blood, Sweat & Tears

Michael Johnson :
    retired sprinter, winner of four Olympic gold medals and eight World Championship gold medals.

Shane Warne :
    Australian former international cricketer

Peter Cetera :
    singer, songwriter and bassist, best known both for being an original member of Chicago, and subsequently a successful solo career

Don Was :
    Donald Fagenson; musician and record producer, and led 1980s funk rock band Was [[Not Was)

Remembering :
    those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Eddie 'Bongo' Brown [[1932-1984) :
    musician with The Funk Brothers, playing congas, bongos, the gourd and claves.

Charles 'Cholly' Atkins [[1913-2003) :
    dancer and vaudeville performer, and house choreographer for Motown from 1960s to 1980s.

Charles Brown [[1922-1999) :
    Tony Russell 'Charles' Brown, blues singer and pianist

Gene Page[[1939-1998) :
    conductor, composer, arranger and record producer

Mel Torme [[1925-1999) :
    singer, jazz composer and arranger, drummer, actor and author

Roald Dahl [[1916-1990) :
    Welsh born novelist, short story writer, poet, screen writer and fighter pilot

Milton S. Hershey [[1857-1945) :
    confectioner and philanthropist; the founder of The Hershey Chocolate Company, and also the company town of Hershey, Pennsylvania.

Nell Carter [[1948-2003) :
    singer and actress. Tony Award winner for 'Ain't Misbehavin', and Emmy Award winner for reprisal of the role on television.

Richard Kiel [[1939-2014) :
    actor, voice artist and comedian, best known for his role as 'Jaws' in the James Bond franchise.

Bruce Edward 'Damian' Broadus [[1966-1996) :
    R&B singer, one half of duo Damian Dame

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating today
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-14-2015 at 05:01 PM.

September 14th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Oliver Lake :
    jazz saxophonist, flautist, composer and poet

Nas :

Nasir bin olu Dara Jones; rapper, songwriter, record producer and actor

Sam Neill :
    Northern Irish born, New Zealand actor, Golden Globe and Emmy nominated, best known for 'Omen III - The Final Conflict', 'Dead Calm', 'The Piano' and 'Jurassic Park'.

Joey Heatherton :
    Davenie Johanna 'Joey' Heatherton, actress, dancer and singer. Golden Globe nominated for Most Promising Newcomer - Female, for 'Twilight Of Honour' [[1964)

Morten Harket :
    Norwegian musician, best known as lead singer of A-ha.

Remembering : those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Amy Winehouse [[1983-2011) :
    English singer and songwriter

Cornelius 'Nini' Harp [[1939-2013) :
    original lead singer with the doo-wop group, The Marcels

Clayton Moore [[1914-1999) :
    Jack Carlton Moore, actor, best known for playing the fictional Western character 'The Lone Ranger' [[radio 1949-1951, and television 1954-1957)

Adolf Albin [[1848-1920) :
    Romanian chess player

James Wilson [[1742-1798):
    one of the Founding Fathers of The United States, and a signatory of the United States Declaration of Independence.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating today
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-15-2015 at 04:55 AM.

Hey west,legend has it that it was because of greasy grady;s cooking that the pony express was created,to warn settlers not to eat there.

September 15th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Jaki Graham :
    English R&B singer-songwriter, three Grammy Award nominations.

Prince Harry :
    Prince Henry of Wales, younger son of Charles, Prince of Wales, and the late Diana, Princess of Wales. Grandson of Queen Elizabeth II and Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

Tom Hardy :
    English actor, screenwriter and producer.

Tommy Lee Jones :
    actor and film director, four Academy Award nominations, including winner for Best Supporting Actor, 'The Fugitive', 1993.

Oliver Stone :
    film director, screenwriter and producer. Academy Award winner for 'Midnight Express', 'Platoon' and 'Born On The Fourth Of July'.

Brendan O'Carroll :
    Irish writer, producer, comedian, actor and director, best known for his role as Agnes Brown in 'Mrs Brown's Boys'.

Jimmy Carr :
    English-Irish stand-up comedian, television host and actor.

Cannonball Adderley [[1928-1975) :
    Julian Edwin 'Cannonball' Adderley, jazz alto saxophonist.

George Howard [[1956-1998) :
    jazz-funk/fusion/smooth jazz soprano saxophonist.

Nipsey Russell [[1918-2005) :
    comedian and television personality; remembered for his role as Tin Man in the film version of 'The Wiz'.

Agatha Christie [[1890-1976) :
    English crime novelist, short story writer and playwright; creator of 'Hercule Poirot' and 'Miss Jane Marple', and writer of the world's longest running play, 'The Mousetrap'.

Fay Wray [[1907-2004) :
    Canadian born actress, best known for playing Ann Darrow, the female lead in the original version of 'King Kong' [[1933)

William Howard Taft [[1857-1930) :
    jurist and statesman, who served as 27th President Of The United States [[1909-1913) and also as 10th Chief Justice Of The United States [[1921-1930).

Marco Polo [[1254-1324) :
    Italian merchant traveller; his book 'The Travels Of Marco Polo' introduced Europeans to Central Asia and China.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating today
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-15-2015 at 03:21 PM.

When is Prince Harry going to settle down & get married?

Not in the near future. Later, rather than sooner. Would have to be just the right one. Look at the in-laws she'd be taking on.

You could try asking HM the same question during your next audience with her....

Hey west,didn't marco get all concessions from those[polo]shirts??hehehehe

Very successfully. He became universally known as 'Trade Marco'.....

I will try & ask HM. She's just so pleasant & is an excellent hostess!!
    The tea is first rate!

Ah, HM has obviously realised you like dogs. Just mention racehorses [[oh, and racing pigeons....another interest of hers...) and you could swiftly become a Palace regular.

I bet she's hoping you have connections, which may help her grandson Harry find a bride. An American lady would add a nice, international touch to 'The Firm'. Hands across the Atlantic, and all that....

UMM,MOE HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO DRINK THAT TEA???I GOT A CLASSIC MOTION PICTURE OVER HERE,I CAN'T SHOOT AROUND YOU FOREVER...THEATRICAL THEODORE WON'T COME OUT OF HIS DRESSING ROOM UNTIL YOU GET HERE...[that and there are some dudes here in dark suits asking questions about him]...OH AND ASK[HM]TO GIVE THOSE[DANCIN PIGSFEET]A KNIGHTHOOD AND SEND EM BACK TO DA HOOD.

Kindly address all questions to my super agent Mr. Westgrand

WELL EXCUSE ME MS.HIGH AN MIGHTY,ONE SIP OF TEA WITH[HM]AND I CAN'T GET A WORD IN OK WEST PLEASE INFORM MS.MOE[SUPERSTAR]THAT IF SHE'S NOT ON A BOAT TOMORROW SHE'LL NEVER WORK IN DA HOOD AGAIN,I GOT ACTRESSES LINED UP FOR THIS PART-LET'S SEE NOW-LITTLEBITS-DIZZY DEENA-SHAKY SHEILA-DOPEY DOTTY-SCATTERBRAINED SCARLETT-RUTHLESS RITA...JUST TO NAME A FEW...THE PUBLIC IS SCREAMING FOR THIS CLASSIC AND THEATRICAL THEODORE IS RESTLESS...[about to be under arrest]I CAN'T WAIT FOR A TEMPRAMENTAL STAR.

Ms Moe [[Superstar) and myself look forward to gatecrashing the premiere.

We're both eager to see who [[of the few you named) is amenable to having herself tied to a railway line.

ARE YOU KIDDING,THESE HIGHLY SKILLED ARTIST WILL WALK THROUGH FIRE[and some of em have]TO BE IN ONE OF MY PRODUCTIONS,YOUR CLIENT SIR IS SPOILED BY HIGH LIVING AND DINING WITH ROYALTY,ATTENDING GALA PREMIERES AND SUCH,BUT HARD TIMES ARE COMING ONE DAY THOSE OFFERS WILL DRY UP AND SHE'LL BE GLAD TO GET A SPOT AS A WALK ON SERVING TEA AT GREASY GRADY'S,THAT SPOTLIGHT CAN DIM VERY QUICKLY,HER CONTRACT WITH[IN DA HOOD PRODUCTIONS]IS NULL AND VOID!!

The "null & void" doesn't fall far from the speaker, does it ?
    Come westgrand, I asked HM if you could attend the races with me. She agreed.
    We need some proper attire..... Jeremyn Street for you & Bond Street for me [[I wonder if
    Vivian Westwood would make me an outlandish hat?)...........

I'm right behind you, Moe.

I'm quite certain you can wear a Westwood hat with far more style than Viv W herself.

Just how 'outlandish' were you prepared to go?

September 16th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Betty Kelly :

born Betty Kelley; singer with Motown, formerly with The Velvelettes, before joining the Vandellas. Later featured as solo singer on Motorcity tracks 'Giving Me The Runaround' and 'I Need To Be Independent'.

Earl Klugh :
    Detroit born jazz guitarist and composer

Rodney Franklin :
    jazz pianist and composer

Marc Anthony :
    actor, singer, record producer and television producer

David Copperfield :
    born David Seth Kotkin; illusionist, who has been described as the most commercially successful magician in history.

Mickey Rourke :
    Philip Andre Rourke Jr., actor, screenwriter and retired boxer

B.B. King
    [[1925-2015) :
    Riley B. King; blues singer, songwriter and guitarist

Frank Reed [[1954-2014) :
    Frank Kevin 'Tchallah' Reed; lead singer of The Chi-Lites, succeeding former lead singer Eugene Record in 1988

Lauren Bacall [[1924-2014) :
    born Betty Joan Perske; actress, Tony award winner for Best Actress in a Musical : 'Applause' [[1970), and again for 'Woman Of The Year' [[1981); Golden Globe winner for Best Supporting Actress, 'The Mirror Has Two Faces' [[1997); notable films include 'To Have And Have Not', 'The Big Sleep', 'Dark Passage' and 'Key Largo'.

Peter Falk [[1927-2011) :
    actor, best known for his role as Lt. Columbo in the television series 'Columbo'. Twice Academy Award nominated, five time Emmy Award winner, and Golden Globe winner for Best Actor, 'Columbo'.

Lee Kuan Yew [[1923-2015) :
    first Prime Minister of Singapore [[1959-1990)

Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-16-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Maybe not so outlandish,westgrand; I don't want to upset HM since she asked us to sit in her box.

Places everyone,quiet on the set now in this scene,an actress to be named later informs the people!!!

Great.

A movie with no name, no budget, no cast members, an actress to be named later [[translation : she's still waiting for a call which can only be made just as soon as her actual name can be recalled)..and the entire plot was lost long ago.

I expect the [[un)finished product to be shown on the hard shoulder of a freeway. It's the best chance it will have of pulling anyone in, even if the only reason they do pull over is because they are about to suffer a breakdown.

The tickets won't be sold, they will be handed out to the customers by highway patrolmen. It will be the very first time they have ever been imposed free of charge.

Well, I must say, it does have some edge to it...
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-17-2015 at 12:55 PM.

September 17th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Anastacia :

Anastacia Lyn Newkirk; singer, songwriter and producer. Notable recordings include 'I'm Outta Love', 'Freak Of Nature', 'Paid My Dues', 'Left Outside Alone' and also the duet 'I Belong To You [[Il Ritmo della Passione), with Eros Ramazzotti.

Flo Rida :
    Tramar Lacel Dillard; rapper. Some sources give September 16th as Birthday. Debut single 'Low' was Billboard No. 1 for ten consecutive weeks in 2008.

Lamont McLemore :
    singer and co-founder, with Marilyn McCoo, of The 5th Dimension, originally known as The Versatiles. Notable recordings include 'Up, Up And Away', 'Stoned Soul Picnic', 'Wedding Bell Blues' and 'One Less Bell To Answer'.

BeBe Winans :
    gospel and R&B singer. Winner of six Grammy Awards, three with CeCe Winans.

Jack McDuff [[1926-2001) :

jazz organist and organ trio bandleader, most prominent in the 1960s.

Hank Williams Sr. [[1923-1953) :
    Hiram King 'Hank' Williams Sr.; singer-songwriter and musician. Eleven No. 1 hits on Billboard Country & Western chart.

John Ritter [[1948-2003) :
    actor; son of C&W singer Tex Ritter; best known for playing Jack Tripper on ABC sitcom 'Three's Company', for which he won an Emmy and a Golden Globe in 1984.

Anne Bancroft [[1928-1998) :
    Anna Maria Louisa Italiano; actress. Notable films include 'The Miracle Worker', 1962 [[Academy Award for Best Actress - and also Tony award for same role), 'The Pumpkin Eater',1964 - [[Golden Globe award for Best Actress), and 'The Graduate',1967 - [[Golden Globe award for Best Actress).

Ken Kesey [[1935-2001) :
    novelist, essayist and countercultural figure. Author of 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' [[1962).

Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-17-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Hey west,i don't know what they put in that tea,but over here my next production is much anticipated..or maybe constipated whichever comes first,they're lining up for the preveiws coming soon...your spoiled[superstar]doesn't know what she's missing with great lines like...umm ya'll moses says he ain't givin nuthin back so ya'll just chill and be easy oh and while ya'll chillin i got some cool sandals that we lifted from ol rameses when we rolled out just slid on ova to my homey dathan and he'll hook you right up....she won't get dialoge like that in hollywood,i keep it real.

You remember my comment about null & void, westgrand?

I do, Moe. I do....

I'm sending a copy of this classic to[hm]for her approval,and i'll be invited to tea....well back to the set.

Westgrand, it may be time for a 5150

You keep him talking, Moe.....while I notify the authorities......

Oh is the[superstar] actually speaking to little ol me...i feel so worthy,but if you'll excuse me i got a movie to make....hey who stole the set...duuuufuussss!!!

September 18th: and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Michael Franks :

jazz singer and songwriter.

Ricky Bell :
    Ricardo Bell; singer; best known as one of the founding members of New Edition, and the lead singer of Bell Biv DeVoe.

Bobby Jones :
    Grammy Award winning gospel music singer and television host.

Ronaldo :
    Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima ; retired Brazilian footballer.

Jada Pinkett-Smith :
    actress, singer-songwriter and businesswoman.

Frankie Avalon :
    actor, singer, playwright and former teen idol.

June Foray :
    June Lucille Forer; actress, best known for her voice talents in animated films

Sol Campbell :
    former England international footballer

Robert Blake :
    actor

Remembering :
    those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Greta Garbo
    [[1905-1990) :
    Swedish film actress

James Gandolfini [[1961-2013) :
    actor and producer

Hey you two,watch that[5150]stuff the dancin pigsfeet read this forum too ya know.

If they're that good at dancing, they should be able to skip it.....

What their eyes don't see, their feet won't grieve.

Hey west,the pigsfeet ain't leaving til they see[hm]and they run too fast for the british secret service to catch em...all they want is a knighthood to take back to da hood.

They're getting a sealed pack, and nothing more.....