[REMOVE ADS]

Page 9 of 780 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 19 59 109 509 ... LastLast
    Well, then it's too damn bad, R&B. We're not drinking.
    Come westgrand; I believe HM has some honey for you!

...not to mention the royal jelly!

Everyone in that Royal Hive must obey the Queen Bee....

... and of course beehive themselves.

September 30th : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Cissy Houston :

Emily 'Cissy' Houston; soul and gospel singer.

Marilyn McCoo :
    singer, actress and television presenter, best known for being lead female vocalist in The 5th Dimension.

Johnny Mathis :
    singer of popular music and jazz.

Angie Dickinson :
    television and film actress.

Basia:
    Basia Trzetrzelewska; Polish singer-songwriter and record producer.

Patrice Rushen :
    composer, record producer, multi-instrumentalist, songwriter, music director and vocalist.

Miki Howard :
    R&B/jazz singer and actress.

T-Pain :
    Faheem Rashad Najm; singer, songwriter, rapper, record producer and actor.

Fran Drescher :
    film and television comedian, model, actress, producer, ordained minister and activist.

Monica Bellucci :
    Italian actress and fashion model.

Barry Williams :
    Barry William Blenkhorn; television and stage actor.

Marion Cotillard :
    French actress and singer-songwriter, also environmentalist and spokesperson for Greenpeace.

Martina Hingis :
    Swiss professional tennis player.

Marty Stuart :
    country music singer-songwriter.

Remembering :
    those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Frankie Lymon
    [[1942-1968) :
    rock and roll/rhythm and blues singer-songwriter, best known as lead singer of The Teenagers.

Buddy Rich [[1917-1987) :
    jazz drummer and bandleader.

Marc Bolan [[1947-1977) :
    English singer-songwriter, guitarist and poet.

Truman Capote [[1924-1984) :
    Truman Streckfus Persons; novelist, screenwriter, playwright and actor.

Moses Dillard [[1946-1993) :
    bandleader and guitarist, songwriter and producer.

Z.Z. Hill [[1935-1984) :
    Arzell Hill; blues and soul singer.

Jack Wild [[1952-2006) :
    English actor, best remembered for his role as The Artful Dodger in the film 'Oliver!' [[1968)

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating today
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 09-30-2015 at 09:02 AM.

Well, well: 144man makes an appearance!

I think I've been suffering from "posters' block". The inspiration has been missing.

PICKY.PICKY,PICKY ALL THAT HI FALOOTIN WITH[HM]HAS GONE TO YOUR HEAD MS.MOE,YES YOU'RE WORLD RENOWNED NOW BUT ONE DAY YOU MAY NEED A JOB SO GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND GET DOWN HERE WITH YOUR REAL FANS..[the two that you have left]AND SHOW THE LITTLE PEOPLE THAT YOU ARE ONE WITH EM,NOW I'LL HAVE BIG DUUFUSS PICK YOU UP OUT IN BACK OF THE AIRPORT...[see he's not actually allowed with a fifty mile radius of the place,ever since he borrowed a plane for a joy ride through da hood awhile back..it was on a dare from greasy grady]IT'S A GOOD THING DUUFUS CAN'T READ TOO GOOD OR HE MIGHT HAVE FLOWN IT,ANYHOW MADAME TEAPOT WILL BE EXPECTING THE TWO OF YOU,OH AND ONE TEENY TINY ITTY BITTY LITLE THING....YOU DO NOT WANT TO STAND HER UP...[it wouldn't be good]UNLIKE GREASY-MADAME TEAPOT HAS FRIENDS IN STRANGE PLACES,COOL SEE YA LATER.

I believe Madame Teapot has trouble brewing.

144man...inspiration has never played a part in any of my posts....

Moe.... isn't it strange how Arr&bee's recommendations can alarm a person far more than a Government Health Warning....

The government has rules...da hood don't!!

If there are no rules in 'da hood', Madame Teapot will just have to stew in her own juice.

For all we know, she could be a cannibal.

SHE HAS EM ON SPEED DIAL,BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY NOW WHEN WILL YOU BE LANDING HAVE THE PILOT TIE A RED FLAG ON THE TAIL SO DUUFUS WILL KNOW IT'S YOU...[if you don't he'll stand in front of the gate and nobody will get out til he sees you both]WEST I TOLD YOU NOT TO RILE MADAME TEAPOT EVEN[HM]DOESN'T MESS WITH HER RUMOR HAS IT THAT SOME OF THE PALACE GUARDS WORK FOR HER...NOW YOU TWO COME AND TAKE YOUR TEA LIKE ADULTS...MADAME IS WAITING.

Tell us how you met Madame Teapot......

I'm shaking in my Earl Grey R&B.........not

Ms Moe [[Superstar) is shaking, but not stirred......

October 1st : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Happy Birthday, Soulful Detroit Forum! Fourteen years have passed in daily celebration of our music and memories. Congratulations to Ralph and Lowell, and to all members and readers. Here's to many more years together

Howard Hewett :
    R&B and gospel singer, former lead vocalist of Shalamar.

Herb Fame :
    disco, funk, R&B and soul singer, best known as Herb, of Peaches & Herb.

Philip Oakey :
    English composer, singer, songwriter and producer. Best known as lead singer and co-founder of The Human League.

Julie Andrews :
    English film and stage actress, singer, author, theatre director and dancer.

Jimmy Carter :
    politician and author; served as the 39th President of the United States, 1977-1981.

Dizzee Rascal :
    Dylan Mills; English rapper, grime MC, songwriter and record producer.

Stephen Collins :
    television and film actor, writer, director and musician.

Stella Stevens :
    film,stage and television actress.

Randy Quaid :
    film, television and stage actor.

Remembering : those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Those members of Soulful Detroit Forum born on many different dates but who, sadly, have now passed away, and made their last post. They may no longer be able to join us, but constantly remain with us here in spirit.

Donny Hathaway [[1945-1979) :
    jazz, blues, soul, gospel vocalist and musician, remembered both for his solo recordings, and his duets with Roberta Flack.

Richard Harris [[1930-2002) :
    Irish actor, singer, theatrical and song producer, film director and writer.

Walter Matthau [[1920-2000) :
    film, television and stage actor.

George Peppard [[1928-1994) :
    Detroit born film and television actor.

Yip Man [[1893-1972) :
    Chinese martial artist.

Tom Bosley [[1927-2010) :
    television, film and stage actor.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating today
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-01-2015 at 04:01 AM.

WELL I CAN'T ACTUALLY SAY HOW WE MET[those files are sealed and filed away in a very secret location]BUT ANYHOW SHE HAS THAT MYSTERY THING GOING BUT THE TEAHOUSE IS VERY PROFITABLE...[even I don't mess with her books]ALL I KNOW IS IF SHE INVITES YOU THEN YOU COME,LEGEND HAS IT THAT MANY YEARS AGO A POWERFUL UNION LEADER WANTED MADAME TO HIRE SOME OF HIS MEMBERS MADAME REFUSED BUT WANTED TO DISCUSS THE MATTER,THE LEADER INSULTED MADAME BUT NOT SHOWING UP...TO THIS DAY NOBOBY KNOWS WHERE HE IS......!

I expect Madame Teapot wanted to make quite sure he was never going to cause her any trouble, and has ensured that he stays forever in china - and I'm not talking about the country.....

I first met Madame Teapot many years ago with the Four Tops in a Teahouse in China Town. I ordered green tea, but was green enough myself not to know that it should not be drunk with sugar. When at my request a bowl of sugar cubes was brought, Madam Teapot ran out of the teahouse screaming. How was I to know she had a terror of the tongs?

It is Soulful Detroit's birthday. See posted thread on main forum.

Hmmmm. Methinks you may not have read post #417 above, Ralph, completed at 3.01am [[although that's the more civilised hour of 9.01 am, here in the UK).

Occasion duly marked to greet the day, and just reassured to know the date was right.

Hope it was a good day for you......one to balance up some of those 'other' days.....

Hey west,wasn't anyone born on[oct.2]?...i mean greasy grady's got all these coconut cakes here and no birthday????

[[Arr&bee, it's been a l-o-n-g day for me here in the UK, and I'm behind schedule, but here at last are some of those Birthdays.....)

October 2nd : and among those celebrating Birthdays today :

Harry Balk :

Theatre owner in Detroit during early '50s, artist manager, talent agency manager. Producer and co-founder of Detroit Twirl Records label, Vicki Music music publishing company and Embee Productions, also Impact and Inferno labels. Worked for Berry Gordy at Motown, to establish white acts and the Rare Earth label.

Freddie Jackson :
    soul singer; two Grammy Award nominations. Notable work includes 'Rock Me Tonight [[For Old Times Sake)', 'Have You Ever Loved Somebody', 'Jam Tonight', 'Do Me Again', and 'You Are My Lady'.

Vanessa Bell Armstrong :
    Detroit born, four times Grammy Award nominated gospel singer.

Sting :

Gordon Sumner; English musician, singer-songwriter. multi-instrumentalist, activist, actor and philanthropist, previously with The Police 1977-1983.

Avery Brooks :
    actor, director and occasional singer. Best known for his role as Benjamin Sisko in 'Star Trek : Deep Space Nine', as Hawk on 'Spenser For Hire' and 'A Man Called Hawk', and Dr. Bob Sweeney in 'American History X'.

Don McLean :
    singer-songwriter, best known for his 1971 album containing 'American Pie' and 'Vincent'.

Annie Leibovitz :
    Anna-Lou Leibovitz; portrait photographer, renowned for her intimate photographs of celebrities.

Donna 'DK' Karan :
    fashion designer, and creator of Donna Karan New York and DKNY clothing labels.

Mahatma Gandhi [[1869-1948) :
    pre-eminent leader of the Indian Independence movement in British-ruled India, philosopher and pacifist.

Groucho Marx [[1890-1977) :
    comedian, film and television star, known for his quick wit. Also made 13 feature films with his siblings, The Marx Brothers.

Nat Turner [[1800-1831) :
    African-American slave who lead a slave rebellion of slaves and free blacks in 1831.

Lolly Vegas [[1939-2010) :
    lead singer and guitarist with Native American rock band, Redbone, best remembered for 'Come And Get Your Love'.

Bud Abbott [[1897-1974) :
    William Alexander Abbott; actor, producer and comedian; best remembered as the straight man of the comedy team, Abbott and Costello, with Lou Costello.

King Richard III [[1452-1485) :
    King Of England from 1483 until his death in 1485, at the Battle of Bosworth Field. He was the last King of the House of York, and the last of the Plantagenet dynasty.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating today
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-02-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Westgrand, I don't think R&B has any patience...........let alone anything else.

Now Moe, maybe you're being just a little harsh there?

I'm sure that it's not all quite as good as you make it sound.....

Of course not, westgrand............

We may be celebrating Birthdays on this thread...but the rest of the time spent here in this virtual reality of ours, is spent in la-la Land.... right Moe..?

October 3rd : and among those celebrating Birthdays on this date :

India Arie :

[[sometimes India.Arie); India Arie Simpson; singer-songwriter, actress, musician and record producer; signed to Motown, 1999-2007.

Chubby Checker :
    Ernest Evans; singer-songwriter, best known for dance records including 'The Twist', 'Pony Time', 'Let's Twist Again', 'The Fly', 'Slow Twisting' [[with Dee Dee Sharp) and 'Limbo Rock'.

Ronnie Laws :
    jazz, R&B and funk saxophonist.

Chuck Cissel :
    singer, dancer, director, choreographer and producer.

Gwen Stefani :
    singer, songwriter, fashion designer and actress; co-founder and lead vocalist of No Doubt.

Ashlee Simpson :
    singer, songwriter, actress and media personality.

Al Sharpton :
    Baptist minister, civil rights activist, television/talk show host, and White House adviser to Barack Obama.

Lindsey Buckingham :
    musician, singer and songwriter. In addition to his solo career, best known as guitarist and male vocalist with Fleetwood Mac, 1975-1987, and from 1997 to the present day.

Remembering : those who were also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Stevie Ray Vaughan [[1954-1990) :
    musician, singer, songwriter and record producer.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating on this date
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-03-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Whatever you say, westgrand.............

October 4th : if it's your Birthday on this date, you share your special day with :

Our very own 144man : Happy Birthday Martin, and enjoy your day with a piece of good cake, or perhaps some rather nice biscuits.....

Jon Secada :
    Cuban American singer and songwriter; two times Grammy Award winner; has written songs for Gloria Estafan, Jennifer Lopez and Ricky Martin.

Robert Wilson :
    experimental theatre stage director and playwright, also working as choreographer, performer, painter, sculptor, video artist, and sound and lighting designer.

Dakota Johnson :
    television and film actress, and model. Daughter of Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson.

Shontelle :
    Shontelle Layne; Barbadian singer-songwriter

Susan Sarandon :

stage, television and film actress; Academy Award winner for Best Actress, 'Dead Man Walking', 1995.

Christolph Waltz :
    German-Austrian television and film actor. Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actor, 'Inglourious Basterds' [[2009) and 'Django Unchained' [[2012).

Remembering :
    those also born on October 4th, but who have since passed away :

Jackie Collins [[1937-2015) :

English romance novelist, naturalised US citizen since 1960. Author of 32 novels, all of which appeared on the New York Times Best Sellers List, reportedly selling over 500 million copies.

Charlton Heston [[1923-2008) :

John Charles Carter; actor and political activist. Academy Award for Best Actor, 'Ben Hur', 1959.

Buster Keaton [[1895-1966) :

Joseph Frank Keaton; actor, vaudevillian, comedian, film maker, stunt performer and writer. Best known for his silent films, and deadpan facial expression. Academy Honorary Award in 1958.

Rutherford B. Hayes [[1822-1893) :
    19th President of the United States, overseeing the end of Reconstruction following the Civil War, and beginning the efforts which led to civil service reform.

Happy Birthday:
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 4th

October 5th : if this is your birth date, you share your special day with :

Arlene Smith :

original lead singer with Chantels. Notable recordings include 'He's Gone', 'Maybe', 'Every Night [[I Pray)', and 'I Love You So'.

Harold Faltermeyer :
    German musician, keyboard player, composer and record producer. Two times Grammy Award winner. Best known for composing 'Axel F' theme for 'Beverly Hills Cop', and the 'Top Gun' anthem.

Heather Headley :
    Trinidadian-American singer, songwriter, record producer and actress. Grammy Award winner for Best Contemporary R&B Gospel Album, 'Audience of One', 2010.

Steve Miller :
    guitarist and singer-songwriter; blues, blues rock and art rock. Lead singer of The Steve Miller Band. Notable recordings include 'The Joker', 'Take The Money And Run', 'Rock 'N Me', 'Fly Like An Eagle' and 'Abracadabra'.

Lucius 'Tawl' Ross :
    rhythm guitarist for Funkadelic, 1968-1971.

Kate Winslet :
    English stage, television and film actress and singer. Academy Award for Best Actress, 'The Reader', 2008. Other notable films include 'Sense And Sensibility' [[1995),'Titanic' [[1997), 'Iris', [[2002) 'Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind' [[2005) and 'Little Children' [[2007).

Brian Johnson :
    English singer and songwriter. Founder member of Geordie,then joined AC/DC in 1980.

Bob Geldof :

Irish singer-songwriter, author, occasional actor and political activist. Originally became known as lead singer of The Boomtown Rats, then co-founder of Band Aid, to raise money for famine relief in Ethiopia, followed by Live Aid and Live 8 concerts.

Karen Allen :

stage, television and film actress. Notable work includes role of Marion Ravenwood in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' [[1981) and 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' [[2008).

Remembering :
    those also born on October 5th, but who have since passed away :

Richard Street [[1942-2013) :
    soul and R&B singer. Lead singer of Otis Williams & The Distants, then lead singer of The Monitors [[1964-1971), before joining The Temptations [[1971-1992).

Bernie Mac [[1957-2008) :
    Bernard McCullough; stand-up comedian, actor and voice artist. Best known for role of Frank Catton in 'Oceans Eleven'[[2001) and as the title character in 'Mr 3000' [[2004). Two Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, 'The Bernie Mac Show' [[2001-2006).

Larry Fine
    [[1902-1975) :
    Louis Feinberg, comedian, actor, violinist and boxer, best known as a member of The Three Stooges.

Jeff Conaway [[1950-2011) :
    stage, television and film actor. Best known for his role as Kenickie in 'Grease' [[1978), and TV series 'Taxi' [[Golden Globe award nominations for Best Supporting Actor, Comedy or Musical Series, 1978 and 1979) and 'Babylon 5'.

Ray Kroc [[1902-1984) :
    businessman, autodidact and philanthropist. Predominant establisher of the McDonald's Corporation.

Chester A. Arthur [[1829-1886) :
    attorney and politician, serving as 21st President of the United States [[1881-1885), following the assassination of James A. Garfield.

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 5th

Thanks for the Birthday wishes, wgb. You were right about the cake and biscuits but forgot about the bottle of plonk.

How long will it be before I feel like I'm an adult?

I HOPE YOU DIDN'T BUY THOSE FROM THAT LITTLE PLAC E DOWN BY THE THAMES RIVER...[one of greasy's joints]DID YOU NOTICE ALL THE SICK FISH ON THE SHORE?

TO MS.MOE[SUPERSTAR]FROM YOUR FAN CLUB...[all two members]WE AXIOUSLY AWAIT YOUR ARRIVAL FOR THE FILMING OF THE NEW POLAROID CLASSIC SOON TO HIT THE SILVER SCREEN...[or a screen door]WE ARE HONORED TO HAVE A[SUPERSTAR]OF YOUR STATURE IN DA HOOD,THERE WILL BE A ESCORT FOR YOUR ARRIVAL..[as soon as big duufus brings back the police car]THERE WILL BE SPEECHES...[as soon as we can find someone who can actually read]AND A KEY TO DA HOOD...[don't try to use it cause all the locks have been changed]WE KNOW THAT YOU WILL WIN A COVETED GOLDEN TURKEY AWARD FOR YOUR UPCOMING PERFORMANCE...YOURS TRULY OR TRULY YOURS[whichever comes first]ECETERA,ECETERA...small print..small print..YADA,YADA,YADA....YOUR FANCLUB!!

A belated birthday wish to you 144man!! I hope your day was all that you hoped for!!
    As long as you're with westgrand & I you will never achieve adult status

Arr&bee, I believe even the barges float upside down in that particular part of the Thames.....

Have no worries about the health of 144man, or indeed myself. Our provisions and preserves are obtained from the same company renowned as purveyors to HM and her family, by appointment. [['by appointment' means never before 10am, and never after 5pm).

Ms Moe [[Superstar), stay right where you are. This new polaroid classic of Arr&bee is beginning to sound too much like a Keystone Cops movie - as, no doubt, will his next - a new asteroid classic, set on the Milky Way. It is supposed to be a drama, but 'horror' would be a far more appropriate description, especially for the Players involved in the production.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-05-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Hey west,i hear that[greasy]is up for a seat at parliment and is due to meet with[hm]at her convienence,what's the scoop?

His ability to produce dog biscuits attractive to corgis will be crucial to any success he may have in the Houses of Parliament.

I hear that anything Greasy cooks not only tastes but looks and smells like dog food....so success could be just a short step away!

October 6th : if this is your birth date, you share your special day with :

Thomas McClary :
    guitarist, singer, songwriter and record producer, best known as co-founder and lead guitarist of The Commodores.

Amy Jo Johnson :
    American-Canadian television and film actress, singer, songwriter, scriptwriter, producer, director, musician and gymnast. Most notable work includes 'Power Rangers', 'Felicity', 'The Division', 'Wildfire' and 'Flashpoint'.

Millie Small :
    Jamaican singer and songwriter, best known for her 1964 hit 'My Boy Lollipop'.

Ioan Gruffudd :
    Welsh television and film actor. Notable work includes 'Titanic' [[1997) and 'Black Hawk Down' [[2001), also for playing the title role in UK television series 'Horatio Hornblower' [[1998-2003).

Elisabeth Shue :
    television and film actress, notable roles in 'Back To The Future II' and 'Back To The Future III'.

Britt Eckland :
    Swedish film, stage and television actress, and singer. Notable performances in 'The Night They Raided Minsky's' [[1968), 'Get Carter' [[1971), 'The Wicker Man' [[1973) and 'The Man With The Golden Gun' [[1974)

Remembering : those also born on October 6th, but who have since passed away :

Carole Lombard
    [[1908-1942) :
    Jane Alice Peters; film actress, best known in 'Twentieth Century' [[1934), 'Hands Across The Table' [[1935), ' My Man Godfrey' [[1936) and 'Nothing Sacred' [[1937). Wife of film actor Clark Gable at the time of her death.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 6th

Umm west those weren't dog biscuits,i hope[hm]doesn't bite into one of em...make sure her royale food tasters have thier anti[ rabies-bubonic plague-living parasites-anti-skin crawling-antitoxic-boles-mites-lanthophy-mumps-measles]shots..and call every health and anti desease agency in the uk,[hm]might be wise to lock down buckingham palace until those biscuits have been destroyed but only by a team of special forces scientist and they have to be flown out of the milky way galaxy and exploded in another part of the universe.

UMM MS.MOE[SUPERSTAR]I DON'T MEAN TO RUSH YOU BUT YOUR FAN CLUB[ALL TWO OF EM]HAVE BEEN STANDING OUT IN BACK OF THE AIRPORT RAIN OR SHINE WITH A DOZEN SOGGY DAFODILS AND A BOX OF HALF EATEN HERSHEY BARS[duufus got hungry]THEY ARE SO FAITHFUL TO YOU..OH AND MADAME TEAPOT IS STARTING TO GET A CRAZED LOOK IN HER EYES AND SHE IS SPEAKING IN HER NATIVE TONGUE[ebonics]I TOLD YOU THAT SHE IS NOT TO BE KEPT WAITING,SHE HAS PREPARED A SPECIAL[RAMEN NOODLES]DINNER FOR YOU AND WEST...[it was either that or order from greasy grady's]SHE'S STARTING TO THINK THAT YOU TWO AREN'T COMING AND THAT WOULD NOT BE GOOD FOR DA HOOD,MADAME TEAPOT HAS SPARED NO EXPENSE FOR THIS OCCATION...[she ordered top of the line plastic plates all the way across the street in Chinatown]...DON'T DISAPPOINT THIS LADY.

Take the hint, R&B......

DIVA TIL THE END,OK IT'S YOUR CAREER...MADAME TEAPOT HAS POWERFUL FRIENDS IN TINSELTOWN AND WORD ON THE STREET IS THAT NONE OF YOUR PICTURES WILL SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY TIL YOU PAY THE PROPER RESPECT...[an envelope stuffed with cash might keep her at bay]BUT DON'T DISPAIR YOU STILL GOT FANS IN DA HOOD...[all two of em].

I hear that Madame Teabag, er Teapot, has gone well and truly off the boil.

HEY 144MAN,LITTLEBITS HAS A CRUSH ON YOU[and she'll crush you too]SO IF I WERE YOU I'D STAY OUT OF DA HOOD,OF COURSE SHE HAS LOST SOME WEIGHT TO IMPRESS YOU SHE'S DOWN TO A SLIM[499 AND3/4 POUNDS]SHE CAN NOW SQUEEZE INTO THAT[BARREL]DRESS THAT SHE GOT LAST YEAR,MADAME TEAPOT IS PREPARING A SPECIAL[ramen noodles]DINNER FOR YOU TWO.

OH BY THE WAY 144MAN,MADAME TEAPOT ALSO REMEMBERS THAT YOU SLIPPED OUT A SIDE DOOR WITHOUT PAYING FOR YOUR MEAL SHE SAW YOU RUNNING AND TOLD BIG DUUFUSS TO CATCH YOU AND HE WOULD HAVE IF HE HADN'T BEEN EATING A WHOLE STUFFED PIG WASHED DOWN WITH A GALLON OF THIS WONDERFUL ELIXUR[IT'S GOOD FOR DA HOOD]BUT ALL IS FORGIVEN...[ignore those little voodoo dolls with your likeness that she passes around]OH AND DON'T BRING FLOWERS FOR YOUR DATE WITH[LITTLEBITS]IF YOU WANT TO IMPRESS HER BRING A WHOLE COW AND TEN DOZEN FRESH HENS EGGS....[it was three cows and twenty dozen eggs]BUT SHE IS ON A DIET.

October 7th : if this is your birth date, you share your special day with :

Tata Vega :

Carmen Rosa Vega; singer and actress; a member of the group Earthquire, which was signed by Berry Gordy to Motown's Natural Resources label, before subsequently also being signed as a solo singer with Motown. Albums : 'Full Speed Ahead' [[1976), 'Totally Tata' [[1977), 'Try My Love'[[1978),and 'Givin' All My Love' [[1981)

Toni Braxton :
    R&B singer-songwriter, pianist, record producer, actress, television personality and philanthropist. Seven times Grammy Award winner.

Bill Brandon :
    soul singer, best known for 'Self Preservation', 'Rainbow Road', I'm A Believer Now', It's All Wrong' and 'Tag,Tag', also some duets with Lorraine Johnson.

Simon Cowell :
    English television talent judge and mentor, music and television producer, and music talent scout [[aka A&R executive). Best known as judge on British TV series 'Pop Idol', 'The X Factor' and 'Britain's Got Talent', and American TV series 'American Idol' and 'The X Factor'.

Taylor Hicks :
    singer; won the fifth season of 'American Idol'. Best selling single 'Do I Make You Proud'. The first 'American Idol' winner to secure a long-term residency in Las Vegas.

Tico Torres :
    Hector Juan Samuel 'Tico' Torres, drummer and percussionist with Bon Jovi.

Vladimir Putin :
    President of Russia since 2012 ,also 2000-2008. Prime Minister of Russia 1999-2000, and 2008-2012.

Yo-Yo Ma :
    French born Chinese-American cellist. A child prodigy, performing since the age of five, and 18 times Grammy Award winner.

John Mellencamp :
    musician, singer-songwriter, painter and actor. Best known singles include 'Hurts So Good', 'Jack And Diane' 'R.O.C.K. In The U.S.A [[Salute To '60s Rock)' and 'Wild Night', with Meshell Ndegeocello.

Archbishop Desmond Tutu :
    South African social rights activist and retired Anglican bishop. The first black Archbishop of Cape Town, and Bishop of the Church of the Province of South Africa [[now the Anglican Church of South Africa).

Remembering :
    those also born on this date, but who have since passed away :

Larry Young [[1940-1978) :
    also known as Khalid Yasin [[Abdul Aziz); jazz organist and occasional pianist. Best known album is 'Unity' from 1965.

Tony 'Champagne' Silvester [[1941-2006) :
    Enrique Antonio Silvester, soul and R&B singer, founding member of The Main Ingredient, originally known as The Poets. Best remembered for 'Everybody Plays The Fool', 'Just Don't Want To Be Lonely' and 'Happiness Is Just Around The Bend'.

June Allyson [[1917-2006) :
    Eleanor Geisman; stage, film and television actress, dancer and singer. Golden Globe award for Best Actress, 'Too Young To Kiss', 1951. First husband was film actor Dick Powell.

Niels Bohr [[1885-1962) :
    Danish physicist who made foundational contributions to understanding atomic structure and quantum theory, for which he received the Nobel Price in Physics, 1922.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 7th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-07-2015 at 02:57 PM.

October 8th : if this is your birth date, you share your special day with :

Our very own SDF member, funkyone. Enjoy the day, funkyone!

Hamish Stuart :
    guitarist, bassist, singer, composer and record producer, working with Average White Band, Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan, and with the bands of Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr.

Robert 'Kool' Bell :
    songwriter and musician, and founding member of Kool & The Gang.

Harry Bowens :
    singer with Was [[Not Was).

Fred Cash :
    soul singer; member of The Roosters, which became The Impressions; left the group , then rejoined in 1960, replacing Jerry Butler.

Sheila Ferguson :
    singer, actress, author and songwriter. notable as lead singer of The Three Degrees, before leaving to begin a solo career in 1985.

Airrion Love :
    soul singer, formerly with The Monarchs, and then a founding member of The Stylistics.

Bruno Mars :
    Peter Gene Hernandez; singer, songwriter, record producer, voice actor and choreographer. Grammy Award winner for 'Just The Way You Are', and also for the album 'Unorthodox Jukebox'.

Teddy Riley :
    singer-songwriter, musician, keyboardist and record producer, credited with the creation of the new jack swing genre.

Tony Wilson :
    Trinidadian singer and songwriter, co-founder of Hot Chocolate.

CeCe Winans :
    Priscilla 'CeCe' Marie Winans Love; Detroit born gospel singer, reportedly the best-selling female gospel artist of all time. Ten times Grammy Award winner. Sister of Benjamin 'BeBe' Winans.

Jesse Jackson :
    Reverend Jesse Louis Jackson Sr., [[born Jesse Louis Burns); civil rights activist; Baptist minister and politician.

Matt Damon :
    actor and film maker. Academy Award and Golden Globe co-winner [[with Ben Affleck) for Best Screenplay, 'Good Will Hunting', 1997. Notable acting roles include 'Saving Private Ryan' [[1999),'Ocean's Eleven' [[2002), 'Ocean's Twelve' [[2004), 'The Bourne Supremacy' [[2005) and 'The Bourne Ultimatum' [[2008).

Chevvy Chase :
    Cornelius Crane Chase; comedian, television and film actor and writer. Notable work includes 'National Lampoon's Vacation' films, 'Foul Play'[[1978), 'Caddyshack[[1980), 'Seems Like Old Times'[[1980), 'Fletch'[[1985), 'Spies Like Us' [[1985), and 'Three Amigos!' [[1986).

Sigourney Weaver :
    Susan Alexandra Weaver; actress and film producer. Notable work includes 'Aliens' [[1986), 'Gorillas In The Mist' [[1988), and 'Working Girl' [[1988).

Paul Hogan :
    Australian comedian, actor and television presenter. Best remembered for his roles as Michael 'Crocodile' Dundee.

Ian Hart :
    English stage, television and film actor, best known for playing Quirinus Quirrell in 'Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone', 2001.

Rona Barrett :
    gossip columnist and businesswoman. Played cameo roles in 'The Phynx' [[1970) and 'Sextette' [[1978). Currently runs the Rona Barrett Foundation, dedicated to the aid and support of senior citizens in need.

Johnny Ramone
    [[1948-2004) :
    John William Cummings; guitarist and songwriter, best known for being founding member and guitarist for The Ramones.

Happy Birthday : to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 8th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-08-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Smile

October 9th : if this is your own birth date, you share your special day with :

Our very own SDF member, Grapevine. Many thanks for the music to be found daily on your Soulful Detroit Jukebox, Grapevine, and long may it continue. Happy Birthday, Mike!

Nona Hendryx :
    soul/R&B singer, record producer,songwriter, musician, author and actress. Best known as a member of LaBelle, before leaving for a solo career in 1976.

Abdullah Ibrahim :
    Adolph Johannes Brand; South African pianist and composer, performing South African jazz, bebop, post bop and folk music.

Kenny Garrett :
    Detroit born, Grammy Award winning post bop jazz saxophonist and flautist. Prior to successful solo career, played with the bands of Duke Ellington and Miles Davis.

Pat Burke :
    Jamaican born tenor saxophonist and flautist, with The Foundations, 1966-1971. Best known for 'Baby Now That I've Found You' and ' Build Me Up Buttercup'.

Dave Samuels :
    vibraphone player; has worked with Spyro Gyra and Oscar Peterson, and as a member of Grammy Award winning group, The Caribbean Jazz Project.

David Cameron :
    English politician; currently Prime Minister of the United Kingdom since 2010, and leader of the Conservative Party since 2005.

Sharon Osbourne :
    English television host, media personality, television talent competition judge, author, music manager, businesswoman and promoter. Wife of heavy metal singer-songwriter Ozzy Osbourne.

Nicky Byrne :
    Irish singer-songwriter, radio and TV presenter, dancer, and former semi-professional footballer. Best known for being a member of Westlife.

Sean Lennon :
    musician and composer; the son of John Lennon [[born on John's birthday) and Yoko Ono.

Brian Blessed :
    English stage, television and film actor, television presenter and writer.

Jackson Browne :
    Clyde Jackson Browne; singer-songwriter. Notable recordings include 'Doctor My Eyes', 'Running On Empty' and 'Somebody's Baby'.

Steve McQueen :
    English film director, producer, screenwriter and video artist. Academy Award winner for Best Picture, '12 Years A Slave', 2013.

Remembering : those also born on October 9th, but who have since passed away :

John Lennon [[1940-1980) :
    English singer and songwriter, record producer, artist, writer and activist. Co-founder of The Beatles.

O. V. Wright [[1939-1980):

Overton Vertis Wright; blues/soul singer. Notable recordings include 'You're Gonna Make Me Cry', 'Eight Men, Four Women', 'Gone For Good', 'Ace Of Spades' and 'A Nickel And A Nail'.

Yusef Abdul Lateef [[1920-2013) :
    William Emanuel Huddleston; jazz multi-instumentalist, composer and prominent member of the Ahmadiyya Muslim community, following his conversion to Islam in 1950. Principal instruments played were tenor saxophone and flute, also others including oboe and bassoon.

John Entwhistle [[1944-2002) :
    English musician, songwriter, singer, film and music producer, best known as the original bass guitarist for The Who.

Aimee Semple McPherson [[1890-1944) :
    Canadian-American evangelist and media celebrity in the 1920s and 1930s. Founder of the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel.

Lila Kedrova [[1918-2000) :
    Russian born French stage and film actress. Academy Award winner for Best Supporting Actress, 'Zorba The Greek' [[1964).

Charles-Camille Saint-Saens [[1835-
    1921) :
    French composer, organist, conductor and pianist of the Romantic era. Best known works include 'Introduction and Capriccioso [[1863), 'Second Piano Concerto' [[1868), 'First Cello Concerto' [[1872), 'Danse Macabre' [[1874), the opera Samson and Delilah [[1877), 'Third Violin Concerto'[[1880), 'Third [[Organ) Symphony' 1886), and ' The Carnival of the Animals' [[1887).

Happy Birthday :
    to everyone celebrating Birthdays on October 9th
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-09-2015 at 04:08 PM.