[REMOVE ADS]

I call it love-the manhattans

Oh what a cool mellow sweet sound this gem is,just listen to the harmony just a shoutout to a soul classic from one of the best ever-the manhatttans!!

My sweet "Smitty" singing his heart out with a tear in his voice. One of my "Smitty" favorites, along with:
    "I'm The One Love Forgot"
    "Can I"
    "When We Are Made As One"
    "If My Heart Could Speak"

S.S.

My favorite i s Its gonna take a lot to bring me back baby!

As soon as I saw this thread I suspected you'd be popping in, Nosey. Hope everything is fine
    with you. I'm with you on the Manhattans, Smitty's era was the best for me too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXbfyM_MVm0

"To Bring Me Back" was a group effort, each took leads, I remember Smitty's part so well;
    "It's gonna take more more more more than just sweet talk dear" to bring me back baby.............

S.S.

Sis you know i would never disrespect you but you and i would have had some issues over that cute little man as well. You know you did! Lol!

LOL@Nosey! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...........................

Smitty had a lot of women but when we were living together we were inseparably for 99.9% of the time.

S.S.

Hey sis,i spent alot of time at the howard back in the day,i bet you and i met at some point...i partied alot back then.

R & B, it's possible we could have been in the same audience.
    Were you ever backstage?
    I remember at one of the Howard shows I was watching from the stage wings just slightly behind the curtain when M.C./Comedian Sad Sam dragged me onstage to dance on the finale, lol, that man was crazy. Never the less I steered clear of him whenever I saw him at a show.

S.S.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa,yeah sad sam was a hoot,the closest i ever got to back stage was when after a temps show me and my pardners were walking around and peeped behind the curtains for a minute a tv was on and to this day i still think it was david standing there, it was only a minute or two you know how it was back then between shows.

I saw David in the hallway at Shea Stadium, spoke with him for a few but he seemed like he was listening by the partly opened door to the dressing room area, he looked a little stressed and preoccupied.

Another time at a Temps party in midtown Manhattan but I was too shy at the time to talk with anyone. LOL......................

S.S.

Talking to you sis always takes me back to a better time and place,love and peace always..jai!!