[REMOVE ADS]

"Darlene Love’s heartfelt tribute to Dionne Warwick"

Today's NY Post:
    “He’s a Rebel” singer Darlene Love got choked up on stage at B.B. King’s when she spotted Dionne Warwick in the crowd.
    “There’s a very special lady sitting in the audience tonight who I worked with for many years,” Darlene revealed when Warwick surprised her.
    “When I was broke, raising [my] kids . . . this wonderful lady helped me out when I asked for a favor. If it wasn’t for this special lady I don’t know where I would be today . . . Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Dionne Warwick, I love you.”
    Our spy reports Warwick shouted back from her seat, “Oh, stop! I love you doll,” then stood for a standing ovation.
    Steven Van Zandt introduced Love, who sang at Bette Midler’s MSG show the night before

http://pagesix.com/2015/06/30/darlen...ionne-warwick/

Nice story.

Ditto. Nice story. Nice seeing celebrities helping each other to help that celebrity get back on their feet. And even nicer to see that the helped celebrity does get back on their feet

I first met Dionne when she was in the audience for Mary Wilson's concert at B.B. Kings. Freddie Jackson, Valerie Simpson and Maxine Brown were with her.

I saw her at B B KIngs too and La La Brooks and someone else [[Time has made me forget who) was in the audience. Nice to see them all giving support to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I first met Dionne when she was in the audience for Mary Wilson's concert at B.B. Kings. Freddie Jackson, Valerie Simpson and Maxine Brown were with her.
    What a mighty fine guest list for Mary.

Thanks for this uplifting story, Robert. Any positive and touching reports regarding my personal favs like Dionne, Darlene & LaLa does my heart good.