[REMOVE ADS]

More CD reissues from Japan

...And still no sign of those elusive Junior Walker & The All Stars albums. I really hoped this next batch of releases from Japan would have at least one of Junior's albums.

We keep waiting....

Well it's good news that they're still releasing CDs in this series [[hope none are needle drops). Nothing particularly exiting here i think, but The Crusaders "Old Socks" and maybe Severin Brown "New Improved" or Temptations "Touch Me" could be contenders.

Would love to see "Naturally Together" or "Definitions" by the Originals in the next batch of releases. Perhaps Tammi had it right "just Too Much To Hope For"

Wow! The Severin Brown makes it to CD, though I think I have seen one of his later albums as an import.
    Few if any remembers "Puzzle". They made 2 Motown albums, "I" and "II". They sound a little like the Chicago Transit Authority debut. The lead singer, John Valenti" has a Stevie vibe.....maybe, just maybe one day the Puzzle albums will be digitized. Those days I bought almost anything with the Motown label....especially white pop/rock releases.

Hmmm....not much variety next round, but bright side, at least there's another round. "Too Busy Thinkin' About My Baby", my favorite of the major, bigger-sized solo Marvin Gaye hits, so, "Marvin Pentz Gaye", planned first purchase of "Wave 4", followed with the curiosity of "Tribute to Nat King Cole".

Some more Martha Reeves & the Vandellas would have been nice though, and Brenda Holloway's "Every Little Bit Hurts".

What surprises me about these issues in Japan is that some titles almost never go out of print. One moment there is a mini lp edition - then there is a budget price edition - then there is a full price edition. I'll never figure out the strategy over there. I'm just glad once in a while we do get treated to some real rarities.
    I never thought i'd be buying Amos Milburn Return Of The Blues Boss on Cd!

The Crusaders "Old Socks" has been out twice on CD already: as a MoJazz release in 1994, and on Verve in 2008. Both are still available at Amazon.com, the Verve one at $9.79.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    The Crusaders "Old Socks" has been out twice on CD already: as a MoJazz release in 1994, and on Verve in 2008. Both are still available at Amazon.com, the Verve one at $9.79.
    As have the other 2 Crusaders titles "Pass The Plate" and "Hollywood" but I would hope the quality of the Japanese release will be better than on Mojazz [[though you can't guarantee it) and Verve, well, it ain't Motown lol.

Some of these other albums have already had several CD releases. But they do seem to come up with the odd rarity. Handy given the asking prices for some of the earlier CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Well it's good news that they're still releasing CDs in this series [[hope none are needle drops). Nothing particularly exiting here i think, but The Crusaders "Old Socks" and maybe Severin Brown "New Improved" or Temptations "Touch Me" could be contenders.

Would love to see "Naturally Together" or "Definitions" by the Originals in the next batch of releases. Perhaps Tammi had it right "just Too Much To Hope For"
    The Japanese are too concerned about excellent sound to tolerate needle drops, that is why their market has not embraced MP3 and downloads. CDs are still produced and marketed there because they, like us, want physical product. The US music industry is forcing downloads down our throats, and while I have bought a few of the Motown iTunes remasters and the extended Diana Ross and the Supremes releases, it was only reluctantly because it was my only alternative.

Yes really I loved being able to get the Amos Milburn and the original Eddie Holland and The Monitors .....

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    ...And still no sign of those elusive Junior Walker & The All Stars albums. I really hoped this next batch of releases from Japan would have at least one of Junior's albums.

We keep waiting....
    Moody Junior please!

Quote Originally Posted by 762rob View Post
    Yes really I loved being able to get the Amos Milburn and the original Eddie Holland and The Monitors .....
    Scherrie and Susaye a plus for me.

But nevertheless, I am still grateful for the variety that is readily available already. Really, I didn't ever think I'd dream of having "Where Did Our Love Go", "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You", "Four Tops Second Album" or "Mary Wells Sings My Guy" in CD form either. Yes, I know, I have the "Greatest Hits" or "Ultimate Collections" or "Definitive Collections" too, but they come a dime a dozen; these reissues are like holding history, in portable reproduction forms.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 07-08-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    Hmmm....not much variety next round, but bright side, at least there's another round. "Too Busy Thinkin' About My Baby", my favorite of the major, bigger-sized solo Marvin Gaye hits, so, "Marvin Pentz Gaye", planned first purchase of "Wave 4", followed with the curiosity of "Tribute to Nat King Cole".

Some more Martha Reeves & the Vandellas would have been nice though, and Brenda Holloway's "Every Little Bit Hurts".
    Brenda Holloway's CD would be nice - in the original mono.

The Japanese are too concerned about excellent sound to tolerate needle drops, that is why their market has not embraced MP3 and downloads. CDs are still produced and marketed there because they, like us, want physical product. The US music industry is forcing downloads down our throats, and while I have bought a few of the Motown iTunes remasters and the extended Diana Ross and the Supremes releases, it was only reluctantly because it was my only alternative.
    Generally I would agree but you might want to see this...
    http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...hlight=cameron

Moody Junior please!
    Love all of Junior Walker's work, a real Gentleman, but I especially love that era when he went moody, and we have Never had the albums on CD.

That was not the first time that the Japanese music market was different than the rest of the world. The mini disc was huge in Japan. I believe it was primarily used for recording purposes. Despite Sony's efforts, the mini disc never took hold here. [[I was able to purchase Diana's "The Force Behind the Power" and "Everyday is a New Day", but, I don't think "Take Me Higher" was manufactured on mini disc). Considering the global success of "The Force Behind the Power", that was the most ubitiqitous. I was also able to purchase "Christmas in Vienna", a Sony title.