[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Reeves & Vandellas recent concerts

Just a trivia question. Does anyone [[probably Roberta knows) who has seen Martha Reeves & the Vandellas perform in recent times know whether they ever sing "A Love Like Yours?"

Certainly a lot of members have probably seen them performing recently and can answer the question.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Just a trivia question. Does anyone [[probably Roberta knows) who has seen Martha Reeves & the Vandellas perform in recent times know whether they ever sing "A Love Like Yours?"

Certainly a lot of members have probably seen them performing recently and can answer the question.

Thank you.
    I think there is a clip on youtube with the ladies singing A Love Like Yours. It's much slower than the original

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post

Thank you.
    They never sing it when they perform in NYC, but I do know that Martha has been adding many of their lesser performed classics to their set list recently.

Woodward, here's the clip Roberta mentioned - from MR&TVs' Ann Arbor Sonic Lunch gig.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd3PJPuXtiQ
    It is indeed slow, but beautiful. Lovely harmonies too. Enjoy! Sharpmoves.

I saw the group 2 months ago. They did sing Knocking - I was thrilled. A lot of us sang the chorus along with them.

I noticed that they sang most of their singles up through Jimmy Mack. I think the only post-1967 song of theirs was I Want You Back from Black Magic. It was a wonderful concert. I highly recommend seeing Martha and her sisters if they come to your area. The clip Sharpmoves posted shows what great performers they are.