[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    Exclamation The Supremes - SHAKE! Ready Steady Go! The Motown Sound - 1965



    This Special was ever released on DVD?


  2. #2
    No. But it released on VHS home video back in the late 80s.

  3. #3
    Mid 80's actually. I remember picking up my copy Thanksgiving 1985.

  4. #4
    There's a color copy of that show floating around out there that I'd love to get my hands on. I think it may have been colorized in the early 90's.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by justanothermotownfan View Post
    There's a color copy of that show floating around out there that I'd love to get my hands on. I think it may have been colorized in the early 90's.
    Correct. I have seen a colourised version but the original broadcast was of course in black and white. A fully restored dvd would be very nice but I doubt it will ever happen.

  6. #6
    I remember the Sounds of Motown being released on vhs around the same time that an Otis Redding Ready Steady Go! special was. Both used to air on the Disney Channel frequently, and Dave Clark (who owned the shows at the time) used to do intros.

    I don't know if Clark still owns these. But I noticed that on the recent MOTOWN 25 dvd, where there were montages that used to have clips from the Sound of Motown special, they were replaced with something else.

  7. #7
    Great clip! Flo looks so happy, and Mary; woo! Look at her SHAKE! Diana, of course, is amazing.
    Last edited by marybrewster; 06-26-2015 at 12:53 PM.

  8. #8
    "You must not protrude the buttocks......!" Mrs. Maxine Powell

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    "You must not protrude the buttocks......!" Mrs. Maxine Powell
    I hope your following Mrs Powells advice. lol

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I hope your following Mrs Powells advice. lol
    I thought you asked me to ignore you the other day? I hope that your stalking of me will stop soon.

  11. #11
    Hey! I Have a question.. Isn't about RSG! Special... But i'm very confused...

    What was Crusade 68'?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    Hey! I Have a question.. Isn't about RSG! Special... But i'm very confused...

    What was Crusade 68'?
    I think CRUSADE '68 was a show for the American Cancer Society. It was rather low budget. The girls stood on an empty stage. Diana did a short speech about getting check-ups and such, and then they lipsynced their hits medley of STOP! / COME SEE ABOUT ME/ MY WORLD.../BABY LOVE.
    Last edited by reese; 06-26-2015 at 03:20 PM.

  13. #13
    This performance?


  14. #14
    Yes. This is it.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I thought you asked me to ignore you the other day? I hope that your stalking of me will stop soon.
    Oh its not stalking its just good old fashioned fun.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Oh its not stalking its just good old fashioned fun.
    Good! I want you to remember that when I come for you Jonc!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think CRUSADE '68 was a show for the American Cancer Society. It was rather low budget. The girls stood on an empty stage. Diana did a short speech about getting check-ups and such, and then they lipsynced their hits medley of STOP! / COME SEE ABOUT ME/ MY WORLD.../BABY LOVE.
    I thought it was for the March of Dimes?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Good! I want you to remember that when I come for you Jonc!
    Youll be coming for the wrong person honey. but if youre threatening me Roberta Fonseca im reporting you to the authority.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 06-26-2015 at 06:56 PM.

  19. #19
    supremester Guest
    It's hard for me to watch her this thin - yikes! Interesting it's DMC lipping to DMF - THAT'S a new one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    This performance?


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.