[REMOVE ADS]

supremes exhibit to open in los angeles june 25

I checked my facebook page and saw mary wilson posted a pic of herself jean, susaye and scherrie, who are celebrating tbe supremes exhibit opening today in los angeles at the grammy museum in los angeles tbru the spring of 2016. The supremes are finally in synch and hope diana and cindy get to join in.

So glad to,see a reunion of the 70s supremes with mary wilson a pleasant surprise.

www.grammymuseum.org
    Last edited by franjoy56; 06-25-2015 at 12:44 AM. Reason: mispelling

Is this essentially the gown show that previously toured in England?

I liked in Mary's book when she said how much work and effort it took just to "keep her gowns alive." That was funny.

Jean looks GREAT! They look great and happy!

Attachment 9586

Marv, who is the blue haired lady?

Susaye as the blue har do always reinventing herself

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    I checked my facebook page and saw mary wilson posted a pic of herself jean, susaye and scherrie, who are celebrating tbe supremes exhibit opening today in los angeles at the grammy museum in los angeles tbru the spring of 2016. The supremes are finally in synch and hope diana and cindy get to join in.

So glad to,see a reunion of the 70s supremes with mary wilson a pleasant surprise.

www.grammymuseum.org
    Real nice photo of the 4 former supremes that Mary tweet out earlier. Jean look wonderful they all look wonderful.

a happy evening in downtown Los Angeles.

Susaye as the blue har do always reinventing herself
    Wow, I didn't even recognize her! Thanks franjoy56.

Nice picture, all over FB.

So now the 70's Supremes Reunion will be on now that there is acceptance the 60's one is dead - no Cindy.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Marv, who is the blue haired lady?
    Yes that's shorty, I mean Susaye! LOL! I love this picture.

Here's another shot of the ladies. Jean Terrell is looking really good. There is no way you can convince me that she is 70 years old.

Attachment 9587

This was so much fun,Mary was on point last night,she was so funny,she had everyone laughing,when Mary walk out,she got a standing ovation,she sang Here's To Life with no music,she got another standing ovation,Mary told some Motown stories that she has never told,yes her Supremes sister's were there Jean Terrell Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene,Mary told stories about them too,she had nothing but nice things to say about them,one fan tryed to say something negative about Diana,and Mary wasn't having none of it,she said she love Diane,shes my sister,what a great night,it was SUPREME love in the air,Everything about the night was positive.The interview,the party,Everything.
    Last edited by REDHOT; 06-25-2015 at 03:52 AM.

Sounds like a wonderful night. How nice to see Jean looking so happy and radiant. Is there any reason why Lynda wasn't there?

Wow. They all look great. I would love a reunion of the 70s Supremes. I love the FLOs clips with Jean in the group.

Very nice picture of all the ladies. Very nice to see the '70's ladies all included in the tribute. And right there in the picture is the line up of the final configuration of Supremes. Nice

On Facebook

Eric Iversen:

Lynda and Scherrie received the invite the day before, Lynda had prior commitments but plans on attending the exhibit soon.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    This was so much fun,Mary was on point last night,she was so funny,she had everyone laughing,when Mary walk out,she got a standing ovation,she sang Here's To Life with no music,she got another standing ovation,Mary told some Motown stories that she has never told,yes her Supremes sister's were there Jean Terrell Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene,Mary told stories about them too,she had nothing but nice things to say about them,one fan tryed to say something negative about Diana,and Mary wasn't having none of it,she said she love Diane,shes my sister,what a great night,it was SUPREME love in the air,Everything about the night was positive.The interview,the party,Everything.
    Wow How lucky that you had an opportunity to be there. Mary never lets anyone in her audience say anything negative about Diana. I've been to two shows where I saw her stop one of her fans from dissing Diana.

Can you share any of the stories that Mary told about the '70's ladies? Mary does many interviews, but the interviewers always ask her about the beginnings of the group and other questions that she has been asked a million times.

So nice to see the spotlight on these ladies

Would be a great exhibit to see. Did anyone bother to mention Cindy Birdsong, who is ailing? The ladies all look beautiful and happy; Mary's gone "Aretha" - bustin'out!
    Last edited by RobertZ; 06-25-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Mary's gone "Aretha" - bustin'out - ironic that certain posters here blabber about the weight gain of other ladies...
    And everything was going so well.....

From Susaye on Facebook:

Susaye Greene shared Sydney Colston's photo.

7 hrs ·

Scherrie Payne Scherrie and Susaye Susaye Greene Mary Wilson What a fabulous night at the Grammy Museum. Thank you Mary for inviting us, sharing it with us, and for your lovely words about us. heart emoticon ‪#‎SupremesRockinTheGrammyMuseum

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    And everything was going so well.....
    Still is! Don't be so sensitive!

www.grammymuseum.org
    Cindy Birdsong is ill and homebound; if you type Ms. Birdsong's name into the search engine here you can find out more.

Mary, Scherrie & Susaye!

Reunited at last!

Name:  mss.jpg
Views: 4800
Size:  79.4 KB

Mary and her son Pedro at the grammy Museums last night.

Jean and Turkessa Ferrer Babich along with Claudette Robinson at the Supremes exibitionn last night in Downtown LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Jean and Turkessa Ferrer Babich along with Claudette Robinson at the Supremes exibitionn last night in Downtown LA.
    That's a nice one, Ms. Roberta! Is Ms. Robinson the "ex: Mrs. Smokey"? She looks far too young! Ms. Terrell is virtually unchanged!

Lynda was invited too but had a prior commitment.

Maybe this will all get together again ~ Jean, Lynda, Mary, Scherrie & Susaye - for the fans that would be a treat!

Thanks Marybrewster,i knew that the clown's would come out,and say something negative,about a event that was full of love,Mary talked about Cindy also,and thankin' the fans,for prayin' that Cindy get's well,right jobeterob,Mary also said that Lynda was invited,Mary said some beautiful things about Florence too,as i said before,it was nothing but Supreme love in the air,and i must say,Mary has some beautiful grand daughter's. p.s to that other clown,that always post nice but nasty things,PLEASE don't lol
    Last edited by REDHOT; 06-25-2015 at 02:36 PM.

A real nice collection of photos from last nights event at the Grammy Museums.

http://newzcard.com/event/iv8rL

Enjoy,

Roberta

More real nice photos of Marys son and daughter and her grandchildren and her longtime singer Parnel and Sherrie Payne and her daughter and Mary and Sherrie and Susaye.

Enjoy.

Roberta

So Mary crapped on someone for misspeaking about Diana! Imagine what she'd do to our Marv!

I think it is so great that they all came out to support Mary like this. Too bad Diane and Cindy could not be there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    So Mary crapped on someone for misspeaking about Diana! Imagine what she'd do to our Marv!
    You have a Marv fixation!

[QUOTE=Roberta75;289584]A real nice collection of photos from last nights event at the Grammy Museums.

http://newzcard.com/event/iv8rL

Enjoy,

Roberta[/QUOTE

Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    You have a Marv fixation!
    The Diana Police are out in full force on SD!

But this was an awesome little event and Mary did a good job on this, even if it is the only 70's Supremes Reunion that happens, like the Diana/Mary reunion of a few months ago.

supremester Guest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oa6VmutNSs
    Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Thanks Marybrewster,i knew that the clown's would come out,and say something negative,about a event that was full of love,Mary talked about Cindy also,and thankin' the fans,for prayin' that Cindy get's well,right jobeterob,Mary also said that Lynda was invited,Mary said some beautiful things about Florence too,as i said before,it was nothing but Supreme love in the air,and i must say,Mary has some beautiful grand daughter's. p.s to that other clown,that always post nice but nasty things,PLEASE don't lol

Wonderful link, Roberta! Looks like I spy Ms. Janie Bradford and the legendary Judy Pace in one of the shots! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Wonderful link, Roberta! Looks like I spy Ms. Janie Bradford and the legendary Judy Pace in one of the shots! Thanks!
    You spy right my dear sansradio and you are very welcome fopr the link.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Mary, Scherrie & Susaye!

Reunited at last!

Name:  mss.jpg
Views: 4800
Size:  79.4 KB
    I have not seen a picture of these ladies together since 1984! All three can still sing great.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I have not seen a picture of these ladies together since 1984! All three can still sing great.
    Its so wonderful that the supremes from he 70s has finally come together with an original Supremee from the 60's and 70's it would have been wonderful if Diana and Cindy come sometime in the future together for another supremes reunion. Its said that cindy cannot be around any supremes business at this time it is posted on facebook. all of us should continue to pray for Cindys recovery she gave so much to the group we all love as well as being a bluebell.

Mama Supreme!

Attachment 9605

I can tell she is REALLY happy about this event.........

Attachment 9596
    Last edited by marv2; 06-26-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Here's another shot of the ladies. Jean Terrell is looking really good. There is no way you can convince me that she is 70 years old.

Attachment 9587
    Can you imagine if these ladies get together and do a project. I have a sneaky feeling something might be up. Just wishful thinking. Please please please

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Can you imagine if these ladies get together and do a project. I have a sneaky feeling something might be up. Just wishful thinking. Please please please
    and they all c sing lead too.

Indeed they can Marv.