[REMOVE ADS]

Four Tops "Now" & "Nature Planned it" "Mastered For Itunes"?

I'm guilty of completing my digital catalogues with some of these Motown releases as they're not seem to be appearing on CD, which would be my preferred format... I did it with Smokey & The Miracles and only yesterday purchased The Tempts "House Party", "Do the Temptations" "power" and their 1981 self titled album.

They seem to have completed the catalogues for all the Motown Biggie's but not the Four Tops. Are these due soon? I have all the Four Tops albums on CD [[up to 1972) except"Now" and "Nature Planned It" , and Mastered For iTunes would do for now to complete my collection

Also any plans for The Undisputed Truths Motown output for a digital release?

Four Tops "Now" is an elusive one though was on CD some time ago - I would like to get my hands on a CD too. "Nature Planned It" was on a twofer some time ago and that's in my collection.
    Attachment 9528

Also, agree about the Undisputed Truth their early Motown albums are missing on CD apart from "Face To Face" which came out some time ago on a non-Motown label.
    Attachment 9529
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 06-16-2015 at 06:03 AM.

These [[and many other) Tops albums need remastering and expanding on cd, not just digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Four Tops "Now" is an elusive one though was on CD some time ago - I would like to get my hands on a CD too. "Nature Planned It" was on a twofer some time ago and that's in my collection.
    Attachment 9528

Also, agree about the Undisputed Truth their early Motown albums are missing on CD apart from "Face To Face" which came out some time ago on a non-Motown label.
    Attachment 9529
    Yeah I bought Face To Face when it came out.... and that 2fer was strange.. it featured keeper of the castle which was an ABC release... these were from back in the late 80's

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    These [[and many other) Tops albums need remastering and expanding on cd, not just digitally.
    I agree with them being on CD but it don't look likely to happen unfortunately...

"Keeper Of The Castle" was also issued as a single CD on Motown. With regard to the other Four Tops albums, those UK twofers from 2001 were invaluable.

"Face to Face with the Truth" is on itunes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeho View Post
    "Face to Face with the Truth" is on itunes now.
    Hmm, It was released on CD a few years ago.. hopefully this iTunes release paves way for the rest of them

Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    I'm guilty of completing my digital catalogues with some of these Motown releases as they're not seem to be appearing on CD, which would be my preferred format... I did it with Smokey & The Miracles and only yesterday purchased The Tempts "House Party", "Do the Temptations" "power" and their 1981 self titled album.

They seem to have completed the catalogues for all the Motown Biggie's but not the Four Tops. Are these due soon? I have all the Four Tops albums on CD [[up to 1972) except"Now" and "Nature Planned It" , and Mastered For iTunes would do for now to complete my collection

Also any plans for The Undisputed Truths Motown output for a digital release?
    Yeah, alex, a lot of us have had to reluctantly resort to settling for Motown downloads. BTW, Amazon has all of the titles you listed above as well as The Temptations "Back To Basics".

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Yeah, alex, a lot of us have had to reluctantly resort to settling for Motown downloads. BTW, Amazon has all of the titles you listed above as well as The Temptations "Back To Basics".
    I realised after that they were on Amazon...but I managed to buy a few U.S ITunes vouchers on ebay for less than face value so I ended up getting them cheaper on iTunes anyway

Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    I realised after that they were on Amazon...but I managed to buy a few U.S ITunes vouchers on ebay for less than face value so I ended up getting them cheaper on iTunes anyway
    Oh, I see. If you plan to burn your iTunes downloads to CD, I hope you have better luck than I did. I purchased Diana's "Baby It's Me" [[Expanded) from iTunes because, for whatever reason, Motown hadn't made it available on Amazon yet. I couldn't get the iTunes version to burn to CD to save me. Finally gave up and said to hell with it. I re-purchased and downloaded it from Amazon with perfect CD results. In my humble opinion, iTunes blows. I have to wonder why Motown makes their downloads available to iTunes first, given the inherent problems [[dropouts, noise, etc.) that other Motown fans have experienced with iTunes.

I'd like to know why the Four Tops first album is not on amazon or iTunes.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Oh, I see. If you plan to burn your iTunes downloads to CD, I hope you have better luck than I did. I purchased Diana's "Baby It's Me" [[Expanded) from iTunes because, for whatever reason, Motown hadn't made it available on Amazon yet. I couldn't get the iTunes version to burn to CD to save me. Finally gave up and said to hell with it. I re-purchased and downloaded it from Amazon with perfect CD results. In my humble opinion, iTunes blows. I have to wonder why Motown makes their downloads available to iTunes first, given the inherent problems [[dropouts, noise, etc.) that other Motown fans have experienced with iTunes.
    Do you have Amazon's player that you use when buying from Amazon? And have you been able to burn cds from the Amazon player?

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Do you have Amazon's player that you use when buying from Amazon? And have you been able to burn cds from the Amazon player?
    Ross, I THINK the answer to your question[[s) is yes. A friend has been doing it for me. Let me check with him and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Ross, the answer to both of your questions is a definite YES. I don't know how the CD-burning process works with iTunes, but I do know for a fact that with Amazon, if you're burning a large number of downloaded songs, Amazon's player will tell you the cut-off point to prevent you from burning more tracks than the blank CD will safely hold. It takes all of the guess-work out of it for you which, to me, is a great feature. Hope this information is beneficial to you.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 06-22-2015 at 10:29 PM.