[REMOVE ADS]

Cool Martha Reeves and the Vandellas "Rock the dock!"

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/06...-the-dock.html
    Another great review of MR&TVs at Chesapeake Beach, and more great pictures too. Rock on Martha and the Vandellas - legendary ladies of Motown!

Good for Martha. I hope she gets back down to Central Floirida soon.

supremester Guest
    I'm remembering when I first met Martha. It was 1978 and she was broke, having a hard time getting crappy gigs and things were rather bleak. In a million years I never expected to see her riding high like this over 4 decades later. I'm truly proud of her and thrilled for her and Motown fans who can still see an original [[enough) Motown girl group. Martha had it tougher than the other Motown divas in that she didn't sucessfully survive outside of the 60's, so her launch into perpetuity was shaky at best. It's just great!

Truly a real survivor !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I'm remembering when I first met Martha. It was 1978 and she was broke, having a hard time getting crappy gigs and things were rather bleak. In a million years I never expected to see her riding high like this over 4 decades later. I'm truly proud of her and thrilled for her and Motown fans who can still see an original [[enough) Motown girl group. Martha had it tougher than the other Motown divas in that she didn't sucessfully survive outside of the 60's, so her launch into perpetuity was shaky at best. It's just great!
    What a fantastic post Supremester! And what a story, too. The truth is it is really, really hard to make it as a soloist after fronting a group, especially if you are over 30, and the music business has changed so radically. Back then in the late '70s, "older" artists were often viewed with contempt. Thank goodness that's no longer the case. But who would have thought she would have so much verve and energy in 2015? She really is a treasure. Thank you again for your thoughtful post.

Last edited by Sharpmoves; 06-16-2015 at 01:42 PM.

The first Lady of Motown Record Dr Martha Reeves gets the best reviews because shes a great entertainer and a living legend and the best performor to come out of Motown reciords imo.

Fondly,

Roberta