[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye Vinyl Released June 16

RossHolloway Guest
    That's kinda cool. Expensive, but cool.

thomas96 Guest
    Better off just buying all the original albums. Would be better sound quality as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Better off just buying all the original albums. Would be better sound quality as well.
    This is a beautifully produced set and the sound quality is awesome

Are these his first 9 albums?

I thought someone like Soulster would be very interested in this.

I have all the original albums beginning with "That Stubborn Kind of Fella" . Maybe I show get them appraised.

$500 bucks in good condition!

And if one had an autograph of Marvin, way more. And if one had an autograph of Berry and Marvin or Anna and Marvin, so sweet.

I have the originals, why would the sound quality be better?

All analog and mono? I know the vinyl itself wold not be as quiet.

Anyway, I found it for $130.00 including shipping so went ahead and bought it for my birthday [[Monday)

I'm such a sucker for early Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by 762rob View Post
    I have the originals, why would the sound quality be better?

All analog and mono? I know the vinyl itself wold not be as quiet.

Anyway, I found it for $130.00 including shipping so went ahead and bought it for my birthday [[Monday)

I'm such a sucker for early Motown.
    Happy Birthday, Rob!

The 3 first LP's are stereo, but no booklet ?

No booklet and they are NOT in stereo

The same set will be released on cd also,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvin-Gaye-...ye+1961+-+1965

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    No booklet and they are NOT in stereo
    So the information posted on Classic Motown is not true????

"Motown is proud to release Marvin Gaye’s first seven studio albums on 180g vinyl in one fantastic box. Marvin Gaye helped to shape the sound of Motown Records during this period and was one of the greatest voices to emerge from the label. Here, we celebrate his early years. This is the first of three vinyl box sets to be released spanning Gaye’s catalog. Marvin Gaye Volume One 1961-1965 includes:

The Soulful Moods Of Marvin*
    2. That Stubborn Kind Of Fellow*
    3. When I’m Alone I Cry*
    4. Together [[With Mary Wells)
    5. Hello Broadway
    6. How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You
    7. A Tribute To The Great Nat King Cole
    *Stereo LP mix on vinyl for the first time ever."

It's more like an error than an untruth. I reached out to Harry and he said he was looking into what happened. I haven't heard back from him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by justanothermotownfan View Post
    It's more like an error than an untruth. I reached out to Harry and he said he was looking into what happened. I haven't heard back from him yet.
    Wow, thank you I would sure like to know since I just took the plunge and purchased this set.
    I know most folks on the forum are looking for CD's, but I have a high end tube system and love vinyl too.
    Please let us all know what Harry says...Universal has made mistakes before, and they usually correct them for consumers.

From the box set:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

From the box set:
    I was told that originally they had intended to use stereo albums but when they checked there were no stereo masters for the first three LP's. By then the sales information had gone out and I guess by then it may have been too late. UMe UK were told about this a few weeks back and were asking all online retailers to change the deatils

I was told that originally they had intended to use stereo albums but when they checked there were no stereo masters for the first three LP's. By then the sales information had gone out and I guess by then it may have been too late. UMe UK were told about this a few weeks back and were asking all online retailers to change the deatils
    That is interesting because the third Lp was issued in mono and stereo before on the same disc..

That is interesting because the third Lp was issued in mono and stereo before on the same disc..
    I know it's called irony

I know it's called irony
    Received it today, first two Lp's are mono. The picture I posted they other day showed a mono notation next to them, but it was a bit blurry so I could not read it.
    Anyway it is very nicely done, white Tamla label for first Lp, Motown label for the Gaye/Wells Lp Yellow "globes" label for the others, but oddly no hole in the middle in the globe on the left. The jackets are heavier card stock, but not tip-on like the originals. No bar codes on the jackets.
    Have not had time to play them yet!

Paul,

You're right they're wrong Lp #3 mono also "When I'm Alone I Cry".
    Still sounds fantastic on vinyl --- pressing is flat and silent no surface noise and a big soundstage.
    I can't help it --- I love Smaltzy Marvin and his lounge crooning self...and it was great that Mr. Gordy introduced us to the standards I had the albums then even at 13-14 years old.

So packaging rear panel is incorrect - first three mono but only two listed that way.

Nice to have the *S T E R E O* cover art on "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You'...always thought Bernard Yeszin's logo's were cool.