[REMOVE ADS]

SOLD OUT A Conversation with Mary Wilson of The Supremes@The Grammy Museum 7-24-2015

This is great news, SOLD OUT A Conversation with The Supremes Mary Wilson,at The Grammy Museum 07-24th 2015,,i'm sure a lot of Supreme fans will be there, i hope they tape this for a TV Special,i'm so happy for Mary,Love Her

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    This is great news, SOLD OUT A Conversation with The Supremes Mary Wilson,at The Grammy Museum 07-24th 2015,,i'm sure a lot of Supreme fans will be there, i hope they tape this for a TV Special,i'm so happy for Mary,Love Her
    Redhot, once again you are on it! Thank you very much for this heads up!

You're welcome Marv,i'm sure everyone is Happy to know A Conversation with Mary Wilson is SOLD OUT lol

You're welcome Marv,i'm sure everyone is Happy to know A Conversation with Mary Wilson is SOLD OUT lol
    Especially those that live in Vancouver and count box office ticket sales as a hobby! LOL!

Here's a link to the Grammy Exhibit:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/enterta...306827041.html

supremester Guest
    Everyone could not be more thrilled, REDHOT! I'm sure The Grammy Museum did not expect to sell all 200 seats so quickly -Mary is in DEMAND!!

Lmao supremester i knew you couldn't wait to say something negative,because that's who you are,it's about 10 people here,we talk on the phone,and we all say the same thing about you and this other person,Super Nagative,we are waiting for this other person to post something negative too,you try to act like you're postin' something nice,but before you know it, the post is nasty,i got to say,you're not the only one,come on other person,we're waiting smh lol, p.s you're not foolin' anyone here
    Last edited by REDHOT; 06-11-2015 at 12:53 AM.

Lmao supremester i knew you couldn't wait to say something negative,because that's who you are,it's about 10 people here,we talk on the phone,and we all say the same thing about you and this other person,Super Nagative,we are waiting for this other person to post something negative too,you try to act like you're postin' something nice,but before you know it, the post is nasty,i got to say,you're not the only one,come on other person,we're waiting smh lol, p.s you're not foolin' anyone here

I am starting to believe these guys are jealous of Mary Wilson's success, her tenacity that has kept her career going and growing for something like 55 years now....whew! He can't help being negative when he is full of ....................sour grapes! LOL! Go Mary!

Marv2,
    Say something nice about Diane Ross. She was a founding member of the Supremes.
    I love all the Supremes. Do you?
    Thanxal.
    Last edited by thanxal; 06-11-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Marv2,
    Say something nice about Diane Ross. She was a founding member of the Supremes.
    I love all the Supremes. Do you?
    Thanxal.
    I really, really liked Diana Ross' "Baby It's Me" album and the single, "Gettin' Ready for Love". It was a masterpiece!

Anyway, I do think Mary Wilson is the perfect one represent the Supremes and their legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I really, really liked Diana Ross' "Baby It's Me" album and the single, "Gettin' Ready for Love". It was a masterpiece!
    Thank you. It really helps to know that we are all here to cherish the memory of these ladies. They may have made mistakes in the past, but they are still our heroines. Were they perfect? Of course not, but none of us are. I would like to naively think that a forum such as this could celebrate them rather than point out their individual problems. Was Diane a problem for the original Supremes? Sure. Was Mary a problem for the late Supremes? Sure. But what does any of that get us today except division and conflict? With so few of us left who even know who Diane, Mary and Florence were does it really help to point out the problems? For me and me personally, I'd rather love each and every one of them: Diane, Mary, Florence, Cindy. Jean, Lynda, Scherrie and Susaye in ignorant bliss. Your Jackson 5 post was brilliant, insightful and full of information. Why not do that for "The Supremes" however they are defined?

Anyway, I do think Mary Wilson is the perfect one represent the Supremes and their legacy.
    OK. That is fine. You surely can express that. But why does that mean you have to say negative things about Diane or Lynda?

OK. That is fine. You surely can express that. But why does that mean you have to say negative things about Diane or Lynda?
    I do not like them. I also do not lie about them.

I do not like them. I also do not lie about them.
    That is fair. But how do you know where the truth lies? And what purpose does it serve?
    With so very few, and I mean VERY few, people left who even know who these ladies even are, does it really serve any purpose to sow such division? Come on. Don't you love"Like is Itching in My Heart"? Don't you love "I love a Warn Summer Night"? I do. Were there problems? Yup. Does anyone care today? Nope. So setting "the record straight" I'm afraid only defeats the purpose of loving these ladies' songs.
    As a personal note I own all of the early 90s Supremes CDs that erroneously listed "Diana Ross and the Supremes" on albums that should have listed "The Supremes". I took a Sharpie and scratched out "Diana Ross" on each of them. And I lost hundreds of dollars of resale as a result. Did you? [[PS. I will send yo a pdf scan if you don't believe me).

And for forum members who would question this. I was so "mad" at Diane for "usurping" her position in the Supremes that I denigrated this now valuable CD cover. How stupid my petty grudges were. [[After many years, I must agree with Marv2 that Diane's "Baby It's Me" album is one of my favs. Name:  PTDC0084.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  94.6 KB

thanxal,i have to agree with you,for the most part,to this day,i still don't like it,when Motown release a old Supremes album,like The Supremes At The Copa,and they change the name to,Diana Ross and The Supremes At The Copa,like that first Greatest Hit's album by The Supremes,not 1 song on that album was released by Diana Ross and The Supremes,but that was Motown trying to b.s people,the first song released by Diana Ross and The Supremes was Reflections,i do know,when they say negative's about Mary,they are looking for a reaction,it's not workin anymore supremester ,and that other person lol smh,like it or not, Mary Wilson is Respected,in the entertainment world,again I love all The Supremes,Mary will always be number 1,[[to me)

supremester Guest
    I was staying positive. I emailed The Grammy Museum to suggest they move the talk to a bigger venue so more could attend. I was thinking of flying down for it and going with friends. If you have a prob with that, enjoy your prob!

You said you weren't reading my posts anymore. Yur Promises Unkept

Again supremester stop being nice,and nasty at the same time lol,i'm gonna say it again,you post too much lmao,i'm still waiting on that other person,you know who you are. p.s supermester PLEASE don't come lol
    Last edited by REDHOT; 06-11-2015 at 05:22 AM.

I am starting to believe these guys are jealous of Mary Wilson's success, her tenacity that has kept her career going and growing for something like 55 years now....whew! He can't help being negative when he is full of ....................sour grapes! LOL! Go Mary!
    Marv2 - That description could just as easily be aimed at you. If you wish for people to stop being negative then why not practice what you preach? Why don't we all attempt to be more positive and avoid threads that do not appeal to us? Love and peace to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT;287s982
    thanxal,i have to agree with you,for the most part,to this Dday,i still don't like it,when Motown release a old Supremes album,like The Supremes At The Copa,and they change the name to,Diana Ross and The Supremes At The Copa,like that first Greatest Hit's album by The Supremes,not 1 song on that album was released by Diana Ross and The Supremes,but that was Motown trying to b.s people,the first song released by Diana Ross and The Supremes was Reflections,i do know,when they say negative's about Mary,they are looking for a reaction,it's not workin anymore supremester ,and that other person lol smh,like it or not, Mary Wilson is Respected,in the entertainment world,again I love all The Supremes,Mary will always be number 1,[[to me)
    What about people who say negative things about other Supremes, including Diane? I personally am boycotting any nasty threads. My point is that it's perfectly fine to feel that way but it serves no constructive purpose to continuously rehash it. I stupidly thought I was "setting the record straight" and all it did was devalue now valuable CDs. The constant Diane-Mary or Mary-Diane bickering accomplishes the exact same effect. Denigrating them.

What about people who say negative things about other Supremes, including Diane? I personally am boycotting any nasty threads. My point is that it's perfectly fine to feel that way but it serves no constructive purpose to continuously rehash it. I stupidly thought I was "setting the record straight" and all it did was devalue now valuable CDs. The constant Diane-Mary or Mary-Diane bickering accomplishes the exact same effect. Denigrating them.
    Well done thanxal. Let's all be more positive or if we cannot do that then refrain from posting on a thread where offence could be taken.

I'll say it again,i love all The Supremes,i go out my way,not to say anything negative about any of them,and that includes Diana,some of these fan's are crazy lol,[[not all fan's)it seems like they can't stop sayin' nice,but nasty thing about The Supreme they claim they don't like,but they go to they're shows,they watch them on TV,[[when ever they are on)read every magazine they are in,just so they can say something negative about them,it sounds sick to me,then they'll say they support The Supreme they're sayin negative things about lol,it all sounds sick to me,if i didn't like a singer,i wouldn't go see them,read they're books,wouldn't watch them on TV or buy they're records,for the one's who post nice and nasty things,at the same time,stop pretendin' lol
    Last edited by REDHOT; 06-11-2015 at 11:15 AM.

I say this with the utmost sincerity and respect. Mary has done a commendable job keeping The Supremes legacy alive....especially projects like the gown exhibit. Brilliant!
    It would be nice to hear from Diana and Jean, as the lead singers, on what it means to have been a member of The Supremes.
    With the level of recording Diana [[and sometimes the other ladies) did, I wonder if she has distinct memories of some of their most significant albums. Since so much left to the producers to assemble, I've always wonder what it may have been like to record, "A Go Go" or "Love Child". My favorite Supremes album is "Where Did Our Love Go". But most of us know it was more a collection of good tracks rather a thematic breakthrough.
    i have always loved "The Supremes produced by Jimmy Webb". I would love to hear Jean's take on such beauties as "When Can Brown Begin" or "La Voce del Silenzio" and the equally thrilling "5:30 Plane". Considering this album did not exactly move mountains...it's a bucket list dream. But Jean sounds almost heavenly on this album.
    And finally, the making of "High Energy" from Mary, Scherrie & Susaye...this is arguably Mary's finest work.
    Of course, that will probably not be the direction of this captivating event!
    But I can dream, can't I?��
    Last edited by Bokiluis; 06-12-2015 at 10:12 PM.