[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes 70s/The Flip Wilson Show

For the Forum members that have the ASPRE Cable Channel, The Supremes 70s' [[1972) appearance on The Flip Wilson Show is being re-run on Thursday, June 18th at 3:30 p.m.
    I am not certain what song[[s) they are performing because I never saw the episode.

[[ASPRE is a relatively new cable channel targeted to the black community. ASPRE joins BET, TVONE and Centric as yet another cable channel for that audience. It is relatively new. In San Francisco, on Comcast it is on channel 480.
    Most of Diana's films have aired on the channel including "Out of Darkness".

*Aretha is on tomorrow, Wednesday June 10th at 3:30 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    For the Forum members that have the ASPRE Cable Channel, The Supremes 70s' [[1972) appearance on The Flip Wilson Show is being re-run on Thursday, June 18th at 3:30 p.m.
    I am not certain what song[[s) they are performing because I never saw the episode.

[[ASPRE is a relatively new cable channel targeted to the black community. ASPRE joins BET, TVONE and Centric as yet another cable channel for that audience. It is relatively new. In San Francisco, on Comcast it is on channel 480.
    Most of Diana's films have aired on the channel including "Out of Darkness".

*Aretha is on tomorrow, Wednesday June 10th at 3:30 p.m.
    They performed Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love and Lean on Me. plus the Rental car skit

It looks like they are airing 30-minute edited versions of Flip's show, as TV Land. If so, I think they will only show YOUR WONDERFUL SWEET SWEET LOVE and the skit.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    It looks like they are airing 30-minute edited versions of Flip's show, as TV Land. If so, I think they will only show YOUR WONDERFUL SWEET SWEET LOVE and the skit.
    that is correct they also show a minor skit in the beginning of the dhow jml with ruth buzzi showing them how to dance, their live version of your wonderful sweet......is speeded up at 90mph and sounds much better than than the studio track, you got to catch the acting skit, jean and mary were good but lynda as the french maid from the south of france was sensational someone should have given her a chance in front of the cameras. New supremes fans dont miss this episode

I've seen this on youtube. Well worth a look. I just wish someone could find the girls performing "Nathan Jones" on Cilla Black's UK show. I vaguely recall it but I was only around 11 years old at the time.

this is a great performance by MJL. and i too agree YWSSL needed more pep. this live version is superior to the studio one. makes you wonder if things hadn't been going south for the group at this time, what this lineup could have accomplished

Bluebrock - was it MJC that did Nathan on the show? remember what they were wearing?

sure wish they'd air other portions of Sups on Flip - Touch and Lean On Me

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    this is a great performance by MJL. and i too agree YWSSL needed more pep. this live version is superior to the studio one. makes you wonder if things hadn't been going south for the group at this time, what this lineup could have accomplished

Bluebrock - was it MJC that did Nathan on the show? remember what they were wearing?

sure wish they'd air other portions of Sups on Flip - Touch and Lean On Me
    I think it was JML but I cannot be 100% certain. From what I can remember they wore white/silver outfits. I also think they did another number but as I say I was only young and only just getting into motown. I remember I was watching it at my friends house and his elder brother was going to watch the girls later that evening. Live shows often had two performances in those days. I wish I could recall more but I cannot. That is why someone somewhere must have this performance in their archives.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I think it was JML but I cannot be 100% certain. From what I can remember they wore white/silver outfits. I also think they did another number but as I say I was only young and only just getting into motown. I remember I was watching it at my friends house and his elder brother was going to watch the girls later that evening. Live shows often had two performances in those days. I wish I could recall more but I cannot. That is why someone somewhere must have this performance in their archives.
    It was actually JMC. Pardon my mistake.