[REMOVE ADS]

Who sings this particular holiday song?

It gets played on a local radio station. It's by a male vocal group, great harmony. I'd think Solo, The Whispers or the Temptations, but it's not them.

I don't remember all of the lyrics but some of them are: "It's that time of year...Happy Holidays...Happy Holidays to you..." and it mentions "Emanuel." It also features a simple guitar accompaniment. Maybe Paladin or someone knows?
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 12-03-2010 at 01:47 PM.

You got me stumped with this one, once you eliminated the Whispers, it was a wrap. Funny since I'm in my holiday music mood, but it may be Enchantment....hence the Emanuel reference.........[[EJ Johnson) although I dont have a single Xmas record by them.......good luck........

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    You got me stumped with this one, once you eliminated the Whispers, it was a wrap. Funny since I'm in my holiday music mood, but it may be Enchantment....hence the Emanuel reference.........[[EJ Johnson) although I dont have a single Xmas record by them.......good luck........
    I thought I had found it. There's a track called It's that Time of Year by the Manhattans on Soulful Christmas but it wasn't it. It sounds like it's by a recent vocal group with strong harmony singing ala SOLO. And the only instrument on the record is a guitar. I'm gonna call the station and ask someone if they know the tune.
    Thanks.

Let me know, sounds good......

Is it "Happy Holidays To You" by New Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Is it "Happy Holidays To You" by New Edition?

I was listening to WRBQ yesterday and the jock played the tune again. It's not New Edition. I would have recognized the voices if it had been them. It's possible this could be the Chi-lites or the Dramatics or some other vocal group who recorded a holiday LP. I called the station and the jock on duty wouldn't answer the damned phone, which was dumb because he'd just sent out requests for Angel Tree donations. How are people suppose to fulfill the wishes of other needy listeners if they don't answer the damned phone?

Again, some of the lyrics are: It's that Time of Year when those we love are near..." And there is some lines about "Emanuel" and not forgetting those less fortunate.