[REMOVE ADS]

Taraji Henson Wants Diana & Billy Dee on Empire

I am really at a loss why Empire is such a huge success. The acting is at best average and at worst downright ropey. I guess it would be interesting to see Diana guest in the show. She would certainly stand out amongst that cast!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I am really at a loss why Empire is such a huge success. The acting is at best average and at worst downright ropey. I guess it would be interesting to see Diana guest in the show. She would certainly stand out amongst that cast!
    Here is my take as to the success of Empire [[and this is coming from people of all demographics along with my opinion). I did not get on the Empire wagon initially; I only started watching when the whole season was available in reruns on FOX NOW. The appeal for me was not only the story line and its many twists and turns, but that most of the mini-plots worked themselves out within the same episode...immediate gratification. I noticed that Downtown Abbey also did not drag out its several mini-story lines either. I feel this is an appeal to our today's culture of being gratified immediately. Again, this is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Because of the way the direction is handled, you'd get lost in the story... I saw bits of it and I can see why it's popular. Taraji is incredible though [[can't stand the man I call Baby Wipes lol).

DIana and Billy Dee could certainly pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Because of the way the direction is handled, you'd get lost in the story... I saw bits of it and I can see why it's popular. Taraji is incredible though [[can't stand the man I call Baby Wipes lol).
    You're right, Taraji is incredible. I believe, in media entertainment, she has a following like Karen [[Will and Grace), Violet [[Duchess Maggie Smith of Downtown Abbey), and the Meryl Streep character [[forgot the name) in Devil Wears Prada. Just my opinion

Diana and Billy Dee would totally put it over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Diana and Billy Dee would totally put it over the top.
    It is already a top show, they don't need them. Billy and Diane need "Empire" to be even half assed relevant in 2015.

That may be true in your opinion Marv but Empire is asking for Diana and Billy Dee not the reverse so who is wanting who ?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    That may be true in your opinion Marv but Empire is asking for Diana and Billy Dee not the reverse so who is wanting who ?
    I did not read or hear anywhere that the producers wanted them.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This is from a recent interview Taraji gave:

Is there anyone else you have on your dream list?

"[Creator] Lee Daniels mentioned Diana Ross to me... as my mother. I said, 'Look, if you can make that happen, you will be God'."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/intervi...peAEcnJOaLlaJd

Diana appears to be wanted by everybody ~ Tyler, Nile, Madonna, Taraji, Clive, Martha, Berry, Smokey, Barbara, Mary, did I say Mary? or Mary most of all.

No, Marv wants her most of all if the truth be known!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7504294.html

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainm...-empire-201516

Keep dreaming...........

Keep dreaming...........
    Oh come on you know you want Diane. You talk about Diane every day of the year well at least in this here forum. lol

Diana will be on Blackish before Empire- another place she is wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Oh come on you know you want Diane. You talk about Diane every day of the year well at least in this here forum. lol
    No, what I want to know is why you stood Redhot up?

No, what I want to know is why you stood Redhot up?
    Why do you care? i never stood him up. We attend the same Natalie Cole concert but didnt exchange numbers. Your touchrd dear. Lol

Getting back on topic do we think Diana will appear on Empire? Despite Marv2's usual negative comments it does seem like they really do want her. There is a definite resemblance between Diana and Taraji so from that point of view it could be perfect casting. Personally I would prefer a new album but I would settle for anything at this stage.

I don't think she will appear. Nor do I think she'll do a movie with Tyler Perry. There is a small chance she might appear on Blackish.

But no, she doesn't want to do any of these things.

Someone told me the other day they cannot believe at 71 she is still doing those concerts ~ that the amount of energy required at that age is great and they were very surprised.

Empire creator is now pitching Miss Ross for Empire. In his own Lee Daniels really wants Ross.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/04/lee-da...pire-season-2/
    Last edited by Roberta75; 06-04-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Amazing. Oh, to be loved.............

Yeah its true !!!!
    The producers do want her !!!!

It is very close to the truth to say that "everybody wants Diana"!

Way too cool if it happen.................................Just way too cool.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Way too cool if it happen.................................Just way too cool.
    Looks like the creator Lee Daniels is big fan of Diana's and it's nice of him to even Consider/ mention her, considering the fact that Diana hasn't done any acting since 2000 but it's still nice to feel wanted.

It it will be so great if It happens and Diana actually does it but do we really think that she would appear in the new episodes though? Maybe she's a fan of the show? But if it's a series she doesn't like, then no way would we be seeing ms Ross on it anytime soon.
    Last edited by David J; 06-05-2015 at 12:33 PM.

I think it's a long shot, no matter who asks her, no matter what show.

I would think she would appear in Black-ish first.