[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UNSUNG: The Truth: FLORENCE BALLARD!

Another take on Florence's story...............

Why can't they just let the poor woman rest in peace?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It's like the stories you hear about a spirit roaming the Earth and will not rest until justice is done.

Maybe if we wait long enough they will do an unsung on you marv...the true story...I cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    Maybe if we wait long enough they will do an unsung on you marv...the true story...I cant wait
    ................Why me?

supremester Guest
    LOL...... like she said, "Quit lyin' and tell the truth" !!! LOLOLOL This woman probably IS Marv in evening wear - same opinions, same Malaprop,s same wrong info.

Guys, grow up and leave Marv alone. Seriously. You don't like the post, move on...

supremester Guest
    Grow up?? Why exactly do you think this moronic woman was posted here?

SOMEONE needs to grow up, but it's not ME that needs a doctah, Blanche!

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Grow up?? Why exactly do you think this moronic woman was posted here?

SOMEONE needs to grow up, but it's not ME that needs a doctah, Blanche!
    I'm not talking about whoever this woman is. I didn't even watch the video. I don't need to, because its clear this thread has already gone south with remarks against Marv. If you have something negative to say, keep it to about the thread content - not other members.

supremester Guest
    I think if you were to watch the video, you would understand better.
    The sole purpose of this video is to make certain the thread goes south. There's no way for it to go BUT south - it's headed in that direction because of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    I'm not talking about whoever this woman is. I didn't even watch the video. I don't need to, because its clear this thread has already gone south with remarks against Marv. If you have something negative to say, keep it to about the thread content - not other members.

AMEN! I can't agree more. But I can actually answer the question. Because, like JFK theorists, some people love conspiricies, like Princess Diana, some love woman-done-wrong sob stories, and like Elvis, some can't face the truth. There is nothing left "unsung" about poor Ms. Ballard's short life other than those wishing to profit on her name and those looking to create scandal that does not exist. Anyone wishing to honor Ms. Ballard can do so by remembering her own words and not falling victim: "I didn't read the contracts".
    Last edited by RobertZ; 06-02-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Well said antecleb. We all know what this is really about. Thanks Marv for posting.

That's a nice painting she's standing in front of.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Well said antecleb. We all know what this is really about. Thanks Marv for posting.
    You are most welcome Luke. I learned a few new things about Flo's life from this.

My Momma always said "you make your bed and you get to lie in it"! So true.

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    Guys, grow up and leave Marv alone. Seriously. You don't like the post, move on...
    Thank you Antceleb12. This lady is just giving her opposing viewpoint to watch she saw and heard on the Unsung program on Florence Ballard.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    My Momma always said "you make your bed and you get to lie in it"! So true.
    But I guess when you get into the bosses bed, people are going to question your integrity......

supremester Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    But I guess when you get into the bosses bed, people are going to question your integrity......
    Especially when the boss' name is Pedro! hehehehehehehehe!!!!!

I listened to a lot of it and she's just very blunt...and has a nice singing voice..Shantel better watch out!

I listened to a lot of it and she's just very blunt...and has a nice singing voice..Shantel better watch out!
    She's repeating stuff from Mary's book and Randy's book and she gets much of it wrong. She implies that Diana was sleeping with Berry when she was a teenager, and also says that she had a baby with Berry and kept it a secret until she was a grown woman. Rhonda was born in 1971 so Diana was very much a grown woman when she got pregnant.

She actually does have a nice voice. I like it.

She actually does have a nice voice. I like it.
    Her voice has some feeling to it. Thanks for posting. At what age did Diane start dating Berry?

supremester Guest
    Around her 21st birthday with 5 #1's recorded and 4 hit albums on Billboard.

THIS is the voice that Mary Wilson [[Of The Supremes) and the nutcase in this video compare o Aretha & Etta, or, as Nutcase says "The Whitney of her generation." These are selections that show various styles Flo exhibited to show the world how much she deserved the solo spotlight. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MHKd4GXvOs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6E8...wwkq-d_n0s0cpw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGtNQmpG8xY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5GZ...wwkq-d_n0s0cpw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHIC...wwkq-d_n0s0cpw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJL...0s0cpw&index=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpbtLV3SDuc

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Her voice has some feeling to it. Thanks for posting. At what age did Diane start dating Berry?
    Last edited by supremester; 06-03-2015 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    It has a Gospel feel to it. I am not sure. She was 16 when they met.

As I said before please let Flo rest in peace. There is nothing to be gained by dredging up all this unverified stuff. I know some people adore all the mud slinging and they really do need to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    AMEN! I can't agree more. But I can actually answer the question. Because, like JFK theorists, some people love conspiricies, like Princess Diana, some love woman-done-wrong sob stories, and like Elvis, some can't face the truth. There is nothing left "unsung" about poor Ms. Ballard's short life other than those wishing to profit on her name and those looking to create scandal that does not exist. Anyone wishing to honor Ms. Ballard can do so by remembering her own words and not falling victim: "I didn't read the contracts".
    Well said.

Is she stoned ladies and gentlemen? What a ridiculous rant and a waste of time.

What happen to Suzy ?
    She knows no more or can validate anything she is saying because she was not there !!!!
    Carol Denise Mitchell, was born May 12, 1955. Mitchell, sixth of sixteen children, is the daughter of Zebbie Thomas Charles, Sr., and Tasceaie Carise Charles. Mitchell was reared in Los Angeles, California, during the noteworthy era of the Civil Rights Movement, and she recalls how living in Watts, California, during this era in American history, was a motivating influence behind her writing career.

I heard her sing "Don't Mess With Bill" along with Baby Love.
    Tell her that was the Marvelettes that sung "Don't Mess With Bill".
    Sadly listening to her is 30 minutes and 42 seconds that I can not get back in my life.

[QUOTE=Sadly listening to her is 30 minutes and 42 seconds that I can not get back in my life.[/QUOTE]

lol. I couldnt get through 7 minutes of her "conversation" captainjames. The woman love to hear her own voice.

Fondly,

Roberta

I love her comment about Florence having that Dorothy Dandridge type glamour. Florence was beautiful!

Well people are still talking about John Lennon,Abraham Lincoln and and Bessue Smith. So it's good we discuss the great Flo Ballard!

Well people are still talking about John Lennon,Abraham Lincoln and and Bessue Smith. So it's good we discuss the great Flo Ballard!
    I think it is great to talk about Florence and especially the truth about what really happened to her.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    Is she stoned ladies and gentlemen? What a ridiculous rant and a waste of time.
    This woman is full of crap!!! People like to talk and really don't know the truth at all. I feel sorry for these fans who carry so much resentment against Diana Ross. Please move on. You will feel much better. Nothing is going to change history Diana Ross is one of the most successful female entertainers in the world and Florence and Mary are not!! Move on!!

You are so right but of course if she don't talk about Diana Ross then there is no story and no reason for her open her mouth. Its her way to try and get attention and/or money at Flo's expense.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    This woman is full of crap!!! People like to talk and really don't know the truth at all. I feel sorry for these fans who carry so much resentment against Diana Ross. Please move on. You will feel much better. Nothing is going to change history Diana Ross is one of the most successful female entertainers in the world and Florence and Mary are not!! Move on!!

Well, that YouTube post, and this totally expected resulting thread, are both pretty preposterous, so why don't we call it a day on this one? I seriously doubt any of us can bring anything new to this particular topic, other than to critique the woman's vitriol, and then add more to it. Sheesh...

I agree AL kill it.

She should be a consultant on the Florence Ballard movie.

supremester Guest
    I think it is great to talk about Florence and especially the truth about what really happened to her.
    Poor Flo never got over her betrayal by Mary who pretended to be on Flo's side until the Outer Drive meeting where she threw Flo under the bus. Mary talks about "Diane & Berry" but she was complicit with every bit of the dirt thrown in Flo's face - including that horrendous BS of transportation to Copa '67. Ih her book of fables, Mary states "Flo shunned us..." she leaves out that Cindy was riding with Diana, Berry & Mary in the limo. No wonder Flo shunned them, plus she still wasn't really speaking to any f them after Outer Drive - especially Mary. Flo said she wasn't allowed to ride with them. yes, Mary forgot to write that or about how Cindy spent the entire run hanging with Diana & Mary and sat in the audience every night at The Copa studying Flo. However, Mary DID remember to write about the time Diana accused Brenda of taking her hairspray - THANK GOD!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ktFUwPGWag
    Last edited by supremester; 06-03-2015 at 10:54 PM.

I know most of us here know the truth behind Florence Ballard's troubles. I am thankful that folks outside of the forum will get to hear the truth now as well.

supremester Guest
    I know most of us here know the truth behind Florence Ballard's troubles. I am thankful that folks outside of the forum will get to hear the truth now as well.
    Or THINK they do ; ) Some people think they know 'cos they read Dreamgirl:My Lies As A Supreme not knowing it isn't accurate. of course, many fair minded people like to give Mary the benefit of the doubt [[like I did initially) because they weren't there, there's no way to know for sure and why would Mary lie? Why would Mary quote Ross' 20 million RTL fee if it wasn't true - even if the break even point was 16 million without Ross' percentage and total possible gross was 33 million? Why WOULD Mary lie? Well, many assume she wouldn't. Yet, on page 202 & 203 of Dreamgirl, Mary, not knowing Youtube and the internet would expose her falsehoods so many times didn't count on this particular fabrication to do her in. Tonight Show, 1967: not only does she make up this crap about what Flo said and did, but she makes up how much the audience loved it! LOL [[clip below) "After this, Flo monopolized the entire interview interrupting Diane to give clever and honest answers to Johnny's questions............the audience loved her...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ULrqBRJ9Os

she just makes stuff up.............

So like many, this poor, crazed loon on the video thinks she knows what happened cos she read it in books....... but as I just showed above, you can't trust everything you read - especially in Mary's books. This is just one example of proof. Not, spin, opinion or conjecture. Just how it was, and how she said it was. Enjoy!
    Last edited by supremester; 06-03-2015 at 11:56 PM.

She should be a consultant on the Florence Ballard movie.
    The one starring Faith Evans as Flo and Kyle Mcglaughlan as Peter Benjaminsen? She sure should consult on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    The one starring Faith Evans as Flo and Kyle Mcglaughlan as Peter Benjaminsen? She sure should consult on that.
    All scavengers picking a dead woman's bones for their own agendas and enrichment, right Ms. Roberta? Give me an appropriate scripture quote and we'll pray for Ms. Ballard's deserved rest.

RobertZ - Here here! It's disgusting the way some people are using a long deceased woman to air dirty laundry. Some people have no respect. It sickens me to the stomach.

RobertZ - Here here! It's disgusting the way some people are using a long deceased woman to air dirty laundry. Some people have no respect. It sickens me to the stomach.
    I as well, Bluebrock! And it never ceases to amaze me that threads here seeking to assist the ailing Cindy Birdsong go virtually ignored while the past of Ms. Ballard gets dredged up again and again ...

All scavengers picking a dead woman's bones for their own agendas and enrichment, right Ms. Roberta? Give me an appropriate scripture quote and we'll pray for Ms. Ballard's deserved rest.
    Kind of the way they picked Billie Holiday's 43 years ago................

What's with this woman? Who is she? I don't remember her being around the Supremes!!! Why does she think she KNOWS their story? She thinks she knows Diana????

Did she say Florence is from inner-city New York???

Quote Originally Posted by rrussi View Post
    Did she say Florence is from inner-city New York???
    Sure did. Ridiculous.

Kind of the way they picked Billie Holiday's 43 years ago................
    I don't think they are similar situations. I think everyone pretty much accepted Billie Holiday's death for what it was - the sad, largely self-induced end of a beloved and talented lady.

Here you go dear Robertz

Father in Heaven let perpetual light shine upon Florence Ballard. May her relatives and fans and friends on earth find peace through the mercy of God and accept that Florence Ballard is with her Heavenly Father and her family members who also reside at that beautiful mansion where all of us will hopefully end up one day.

I humbly ask this in Jesus name for he is my life my light and my salvation.

Amen